The Masked Man

goddesslynne

The Masked Man - is he hero, or villain? Any man can be a sexy cipher in this warm fragrance…a heart of tonka bean and vetiver balances between manners and immorality with white amber, black leather, and African vanilla. (Ladies, you can evoke some mystery of your own by wearing this too!)

TONKA ~ Love, money, courage, wishes granted; wards off illness.

VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.

WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

BLACK LEATHER ~ The musky scent of leather inspires feelings of lust, personal power, and provides a hint of danger.

AFRICAN VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

I love this on me, and I can't wait to try it on Mr. Goddess!! It's warm without being too sweet. The leather note is just enough, without screaming "men's scent". I think this will be a great scent for me when I want to be quietly confident.

I dabbed some of this on Quince yesterday and he said, "Too sweet!" But it dried down very quickly into a smooth masculine warmth that wasn't really too much one thing or another, really. On me it's more vanilla-ish with a faint nuttiness from the tonka and just a wee suggestion of leather. I like this as a unisex type of vanilla because it is very subtle, whereas some others on me have too much of one element (like wood notes). For guys who are afraid fragrances can be too "loud," this is definitely more subtle and sexy.

I just sniffed the trial vial briefly (as this one is for men, not for me) but... wow ! what a great scent! How to describe? dark vanilla, amber, a hint of vetiver... tonka? I'm not sure because I don't know what exactly tonka smells like. Anyway, this is supposed to be a men's parfume, but I think we ladies can wear it, too :D

And, of course, it will definitely smell great on you guys!

On me this is very sweet vanilla at first then the leather heats up. That is what I primarily smell with just a hint of the vanilla. Not bad and definitely unisex!

• 2 weeks later...

From my history with vetiver and leather, I was expecting this to smell on me like a catcher's mitt that had been left outside on and pee'd on by a stray cat. Oh how very, very wrong I was! This is wonderful just as the ladies describe above.

Lesson learned - always buy the sampler because you should never assume something won't work based on the notes. LP continues to surprise and delight me.

• 1 month later...

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this before now! I must have just been thinking about doing it. I love this one, and I;ve just put some on the back of my hand to refresh my memory. I love the sweetness, the leather and the vetiver. It smells great on my hand and this will smell even better on the hubbs. Can't wait!

This is a great scent for when you don't want to smell to sweet or too strong. It's nicely balanced. I love the leathery vanilla mossiness. It's very soothing like sitting on your leather sectional on a rainy day drinking hot chocolate watching Lifetime.

This is one of my favorite bed time scents. Mellow, warm and cozy. Before LPMP it would never have occurred to me to wear a mens scent, as I have never appreciated commercial mens scents at all. They have always annoyed me. How I wish I could afford to have a pocketful of samples of this and pass them out when I go two stepping. Being spun around the floor while inhaling some awful mens cologne can be cause for a serious headache. If the men smelled like this...OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This is a men's scent? Gonna put this one back on the shelf in the hopes that the leather comes out more after it sits a few weeks. Right now it is ALL VANILLa all the time but a really soft and feminine vanilla as opposed to the vanilla in Mark's Tonka Tobacum which is a bit more robust.

Is there any other LP scents similar to The masked man???

• 3 weeks later...
Guest icing

This starts off with a rich and creamy vanilla, but rapidly turns into a very sweet, and somehow delicate vetiver (I normally wouldn't call vetiver delicate, but here it's like a fresh, baby grass version of vetiver, not at all green, not more faint, but some how, it just smells more delicate), with a vague touch of soft, smooth, and shiny black leather.

It's not how I expected it to be, but it is very nice.

• 3 weeks later...

I think my skin doesn't agree with some of the vanilla from LP :) Applied this on my skin and instead of smooth vanilla, i got a bitter version similar to when I apply LP: Original!!! :love:

OMG... I tried what Joanna suggested (adding drops of this AMAZING perfume into hair conditioner) and :) THIS IS :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co . I was like :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co in the shower and finally understands why LPers are so crazy about this vanilla!! It's SEXY AND ADDICTIVE! :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co My skin chemistry did not do justice to this amazing perfume but now I can put them on my hair and I can still smell AMAZING!!!!! :):D:D

• 3 weeks later...

This is totally random... BUT as i was on my way home... A man walked past me that SMELT exactly like the masked man!!!! :( OMG.... It was an AMAZING experience! Like as he walked passed me- I can "see" this TRAIL of perfume behind him! XD Yes this will be DELICIOUS on a man...... The vanilla and Leather.... MMMM... :D:) :) I nearly pounced on him and asked him whether he owns any LP product! hahahah... XD

• 3 months later...

I really love my beta spray of Masked Man. I put some on at 8am and I can still catch the rich smell of oakmoss and whatever other intoxicating ingredients are in here. I also feel a protected kind of vibe coming from this one. I've had a great day- no stress, and this is really helping with the PMS. It smell so expensive too! I've also noticed whenever I wear this, unexpected surprises come my way with career. Today bosshole bought lunch for out entire team- which he has never ever ever done in his whole 3 years as manager.

This is a must have for those that are in sales or that work with difficult personalities. Everyone around me is perky and upbeat.

• 3 weeks later...

This smells so good on me I may go insane. Starts out VERRRRY sweet, like makes your teeth hurt vanilla frosting. I like this. But that frosting has settled into a groove of soft leather and it must be the vetiver (which I generally hate) giving it a little lift of freshness- not detectable, just there's a little something that is making the scent not so heavy as expected, and it must be the vetiver. This would be brilliant with TeddyBB: must try that for sleep....

• 2 weeks later...

I love this scent!

When I put it on it almost smells too sweet for me but after it dries down the sweetish smell of vanille and leather remains, very nice. Gaia likes this a LOT on me so that's a big plus as well. She got me the sample to begin with but there's a full size one on it's way :D .

Hey does anyone else find that people seem to be EXTRA attentive when they wear this? I have a bottle that I wear occasionally that I think is too sweet for me but the women around me seem to really enjoy. They all like the scent but I notice that even strangers seem randomly more polite when I wear this.

This is a total comfort scent when worn by G-Man, I love it on him!

It's sweet, but not too sweet. Normally I'm not a fan of vetiver, but it has it's place in this scent. I love the white amber( a favorite note of mine)/leather combo.....very protective/badass.

• 5 months later...

Found my bottle of this when I moved and had to wear it again the other day. It has aged VERY well. And my fiance likes it so... BONUS. Definitely a scent that makes a woman want to snuggle on her man (thankfully I was the man she smelled it on and got the benefit of the snuggles).

• 1 month later...

Masked man is definitely an interesting scent.Its starts off with a very well balanced sweetness with a strong vanilla note.This one definitely has a yummy vibe to it and could pass off as baked goods.My mum and me agreed that is smells like freshly baked cookies which isnt really a bad thing(:-p)Its definitely a great scent if your a foodie or just want girls to want to chase and munch on you like a gingerbread man.Be ready to run quickly(:-p)My skin seems to amp vanilla very strongly a lot of the time.Its just sweet enough to not be overpowering and is a very unique scent that im sure would have people asking you what your wearing without fail.

Yay! Great review Meng, for one of my favorite mens scents. Although I wore it all myself and didn't share with any of the men...Masked Man is so sexy for both sexes!!

Im sure it smells nice on you(^_^)Its definitely a good scent for both sexes.Although roberts attacked in the stacks and lp homme are still the sexiest ones for me :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Ahahaha! Apparently my cologne tastes have really evolved. I used to think this smelled too sweet? Bad Boy smells just like I remember Masked Man smelling and I'm LOVING it.