OUR SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER: SALE AND PRIVATE EDITIONS NOW AVAILABLE!!

luna65

Coming the first week of August is the annual LPMP Sale and for our special collection offering this year, Mara is accepting orders for our beloved Private Editions once again!  But as with most things LPMP this will be a Limited Edition creation.  This is your chance to concoct your very own scent from a veritable plethora of ingredients, something uniquely your own to indulge your inner perfume genius!  Over the years many PEs have attained the status of cult classics among our customers/forum members.

What you need to know:

-Only 35 total PEs will be created, so start envisioning your dream scents now!  

-Each individual PE will be limited to nine bottles total produced.  The creator may purchase all of the bottles; whatever is not claimed by the creator will be offered for customer-wide sale.

-There is a limit of three separate PEs ordered per customer in order to allow as many people as possible to participate.  We encourage collaborations!

-You may choose a total of four notes/accords to create your PE.

-Mara may have to turn down an order if she does not have the ingredients to create the scent.

-Please remember that LPMP does not duplicate commercial fragrances or vintage/sold-out LPMP scents as part of the Private Edition service.

-Purchasing a PE will count towards freebies in the sale.  

-It may take as long as three weeks to receive your PE order(s) due to processing and general Sale madness.

-Prices: $34.95/each for your first bottle, $29.95/each for additional bottles.

-Available in regular size (⅓ fluid oz.) full bottle form.

There is now a separate thread for discussion of Private Edition creation for the Sale in the Specials for Forum Members! subforum - come join the fun in sharing your ideas and giving advice/feedback to others!!

Additional important information:

TO CAST YOUR SPELL: VISUALIZE ~ Think about what your goal or intention is for your Private Edition. Would you like something to wear at work? Something sexy for date night? Something soothing to help you relax? Something elegant for a special occasion? A signature scent you can wear for any occasion? Do you wish it to convey a particular season of the year? Maybe you want a spell potion for a specific purpose and would like me to choose the notes? 

WEAVE YOUR MAGIC ~ Tell me your story. You might be trying to recapture a childhood experience – picking berries in the woods in the Autumn...watching a concert in Central Park in the Summer...baking cookies with Grandma at Christmas. You might be trying to set the perfect romantic atmosphere, or garner more respect at work, or make your boyfriend drool by smelling like a cupcake. The more detail you can convey to me, the more tools I have to capture the atmosphere you desire. Scent is the strongest memory trigger we've got, so take your time and let your imagination transport you to your special moment and tell me what it's like. 

MANIFEST ~ You get to choose 4 perfume notes. I have over 10,000 ingredients in my studio with many subtle differences, so rather than just saying “vanilla”, you can say, “a thick sweet vanilla that smells like cake batter”, or, “a boozy vanilla extract note”, or, “a powdery non-foody/perfumey kind of vanilla”. You choose 4 notes, but it is likely I will use around 12. Your notes give me the framework from which to build your perfumed story.

ALL MAGIC COMES WITH A PRICE ~ $34.95 for the first bottle – 1/3 fl.oz. Oil. $29.95 for every additional bottle. Would you like to add Pheromones? Add $40.00 Would you like to turn your perfume into a 1 fl.oz. cologne spray? Add $15.00 

Notes/Accords from the Library:

FRUITS: APPLE-RED, APPLE-GREEN, APPLE CIDER, APPLE PIE, APRICOT, BANANA, BERRIES-MEDLEY, BERRY-ACAI, BERRY-BLACKBERRY, BERRY-BLUEBERRY, BERRY-BOYSENBERRY, BERRY-CRANBERRY FRESH, BERRY-CRANBERRY HOLIDAY/SPICED, BERRY-MULBERRY, BERRY-RASPBERRY, BERRY-STRAWBERRY, CACTUS FRUIT, CHERRY-BLACK, CHERRY-RED, COCONUT-CREAMY, COCONUT-HUSKY, COCONUT-TROPICAL MEDLEY, CURRANT-BLACK, CURRANT-RED, FIG-GREEN, FIG-SWEET, MANGO, PAPAYA, PEACH, PEAR, PINEAPPLE, PLUM, POMEGRANATE, PUMPKIN-SWEET, PUMPKIN-SPICY. CITRUS: BERGAMOT, CANDIED SWEET/TART, CITRONELLA, GRAPEFRUIT-PINK, GRAPEFRUIT-RED, GRAPEFRUIT-YELLOW, LEMON-FRESH, LEMON-SWEETENED, LEMONGRASS, LEMON VERBENA, LIME, ORANGE-BITTER/NEROLI, ORANGE-FRESH, ORANGE-HOLIDAY/SPICED, ORANGE-PEEL, MANDARIN/TANGERINE.

FLORALS: APPLE BLOSSOM, CARNATION, CHERRY BLOSSOM, DAFFODIL, DAISY, DANDELION, FRANGIPANI, FREESIA, GARDENIA, GERANIUM, HEATHER, HIBISCUS, HONEYSUCKLE, HYACINTH, HYDRANGEA, IRIS, JASMINE, LAVENDER-CAMPHOROUS, LAVENDER-SWEETENED, LILAC, LILY, LILY OF THE VALLEY, LOTUS, MAGNOLIA, MIMOSA, ORANGE BLOSSOM, ORCHID, PEONY, PIKAKE, PLUMERIA, ROSE-RED, ROSE-PINK, ROSE-ANTIQUE, ROSE ATTAR, ROSE GERANIUM, SWEET PEA, TUBEROSE, TULIP, VIOLET, WATER LILY, WISTERIA, YLANG YLANG, MEDLEY-WHITE FLORAL, MEDLEY-PERFUMEY/FLORIENTAL, MEDLEY-TROPICAL.

GREENS, HERBS, WATERY NOTES: ALOE, ANISE, BAMBOO, BASIL, BAYBERRY, BIRD OF PARADISE, CACTUS, CANNABIS, CHAMOMILE, CLARY SAGE, CUCUMBER, DILL, EARTH, EUCALYPTUS, FERN, FRESH CUT STEMS, GRASS, HOLLY, IVY, LETTUCE, MEDLEY-FRESH GREENS, MOSS-WET, MOSS-DRY, PEPPERMINT, PINE NEEDLE, SAGE, SEA WEED, SPEARMINT, TEA-BLACK, TEA-GREEN, TEA-WHITE, TEA TREE, VINES, WATER-FRESH, WATER-SALTY

NUTS, SEEDS, OATS, GRAINS: ALMOND, CHESTNUT, HAZELNUT, OATS, NUT MEDLEY, PEANUT, PECAN,, PRALINE, RICE, WALNUT, WHEAT

BAKERY, DAIRY and FLAVOR NOTES: CHOCOLATE-BITTERSWEET, CHOCOLATE-COOKIE, CHOCOLATE-FUDGE/BROWNIE, CHOCOLATE-MILK, CHOCOLATE-WHITE, COFFEE-BLACK, COFFEE-SWEET, COFFEE-CREAMY, CREME BRULEE, EGGNOG, VANILLA, VANILLA BEAN, VANILLA-DRY/POWDERY/NON-FOODY/PERFUMEY, VANILLA-CAKE, VANILLA-BATTER, VANILLA-EXTRACT, VANILLA-FROSTING, HOT MILK, WHIPPED CREAM/CREAMY FILLING, BACON, BREAD, PIE, SUGAR-COOKIE, MUFFIN SPICES: ALLSPICE, CARDAMOM, CHAI, CINNAMON-CANDY, CINNAMON-BAKERY, CINNAMON-NATURAL, CLOVE, GINGER-BAKERY, GINGER-NATURAL, NUTMEG, PEPPER-BLACK, PEPPER-GREEN, PEPPER-RED, MEDLEY-MIDDLE EASTERN, MEDLEY-HOLIDAY, MEDLEY-KITCHEN

BASENOTES, RESINS, MUSKS & WOODS: AMBER-LIGHT, AMBER-DARK, AMBER-DRY, AMBER-SWEET, BENZOIN, CEDAR-WOODY, CEDAR-CAMPHOROUS, CHYPRE, COPAL, DRAGON'S BLOOD-CHERRY-ISH TYPE, DRAGON'S BLOOD-DARK/RICH, FRANKINCENSE, KUSH, LEATHER, MAHOGANY, MAJMUA, MYRRH, NAG CHAMPA, OAK, PATHCOULI-LIGHT, PATCHOULI-DARK, PATCHOULI-FRESH, PINE, SANDALWOOD-SWEET/SMOOTH, SANDALWOOD-SHARP/MASCULINE, SPIKENARD, MUSK-EXOTIC/INCENSEY, MUSK-CLEAN/SOAPY, MUSK-DIRTY/ANIMALIC, MUSK-FLOWERY, MUSK-WHITE/SHEER, TOBACCO-SWEET/PIPE, TOBACCO-NATURAL LEAF, VETIVER, WOODSMOKE

SWEETS: SUGAR-BROWN, SUGAR-CARAMELIZED, SUGAR-PINK, SUGAR-POWDERED, SUGAR-WHITE, MAPLE-SUGAR, MAPLE-SYRUP, HONEY-FRESH/SPRING, HONEY-SEXY/DARK/DIRTY.

1 hour ago, raydee8_love said:

Do you start a top or bottom?, or do flowers come before fruit?

I’m trying to think of my favorites….but wow

You list 4 notes you'd like included and can give Mara mire details if you'd like. It doesn't matter which order and you don't need to pick one from each category,  although personally, I would include a basenote in the mix.

I really rely on your descriptions of the FEELING you want to create with a scent, or the atmosphere. If you only list ingredients, there are so very many types of the same note, that it can go in many directions. So let me know where you intend to wear it, or why. Tell me about the memory you want to recreate, or the feeling....was it excitement, comfort, etc?

I have turned on Private Editions!

Remember that the wait time on these is going to be around 3 weeks, and that with only this item you can count towards your sale order totals to earn free stuff. I plan to start the sale later this week. You may order these now!

https://lovepotionperfume.com/collections/private-editions/products/private-edition-perfumes-design-your-own-scent-custom-made-for-you

1 minute ago, Potion Master said:

Remember that the wait time on these is going to be around 3 weeks, and that with only this item you can count towards your sale order totals to earn free stuff. I plan to start the sale later this week. You may order these now!

https://lovepotionperfume.com/collections/private-editions/products/private-edition-perfumes-design-your-own-scent-custom-made-for-you

Is a marzipan note available? If so, could I email a request for an invoice?

6 minutes ago, citrine said:

Is a marzipan note available? If so, could I email a request for an invoice?

I do think I can construct a marzipan-like note, yes.

I'd rather people order these straight on the site so I have dedicated paperwork for them, rather than invoicing. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Potion Master said:

@Potion Master, I we want to order more then one bottle of the PE we make do we do so in this linked order process?

1 minute ago, dolphindolls2 said:

@Potion Master, I we want to order more then one bottle of the PE we make do we do so in this linked order process?

UGH, never mind, I found my answer on the website....I was so excited I had not clicked the link LOL

It's NEVER just 4 ingredients. I may use multiple duplicates of vanilla, for example. And that perfume is really old. 2011, so 12 years ago. None of those ingredients are on hand any more. Sorry. I can make something with that same list of ingredients, but it will not smell the same.

26 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Potion Master, do you have suggestions/input for any of the three ideas listed for the PEs? 

Only that your notes are extremely helpful in aiding me to create them. I will do my best to satisfy your desires as written. :)

16 hours ago, beachgoddess said:

Hey sorry!! It only has 4 scents that I know of so thought it fit within the rules

No worries, but there's also this line in my initial post:

-Please remember that LPMP does not duplicate commercial fragrances or vintage/sold-out LPMP scents as part of the Private Edition service.

Potion Master, I put in two PE orders. One for Orbs and Tassels and one for HMH. I think I'll wait on the Peace and Healing PE until the next round of available PEs/next spring. I noticed there's a potential Soggy Fairies that's up and coming in this round. I'm eager to see what magic that brings to the aether. If you have any questions or suggestions, just give me a jingle. Thank you so much for opening the PEs. I cannot believe you chose to do this on top of the sale. You're truly magickal. 🥰

I'm so glad I caught this in my occasional visits to the site!

I have requested a PE based on a character I played in a Dungeons and Dragons campaign - Bonnyshanks, the bard.  Her name is is not just because she has lovely legs, but also because she's not opposed to stabbing people if needed.  She is a woman of a certain age (generously supposed to be in her 30s), but her charisma and charm makes age no barrier.  From huanting ballads to bawdy shanties, her performances demand attention and win over most audiences.  Think a more mature (*ahem*), lady equivilant to Jaskier from The Witcher.  Honey mead for her favourite tipple (dirty/sexy honey), the poslished resin of her lute (benzoin), and the creamy whiteness of her notorious underthings (vanilla bean).

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to turn these off by tomorrow, so if you've been on the fence this is your last opportunity to order your own Private Edition for a while! DO IT NOW! :lol:

I am almost done brewing and will be working on the labels after today

Oh I’m so excited! I don’t even have mine yet but I know you will have captured my mind perfectly! I’ve been thinking I should have got a couple more so I’m glad you’ve extended the sale so we have time to decide and partake.

On 8/31/2023 at 5:05 PM, Amanda said:

Oh I’m so excited! I don’t even have mine yet but I know you will have captured my mind perfectly! I’ve been thinking I should have got a couple more so I’m glad you’ve extended the sale so we have time to decide and partake.

@Amanda, I'm so excited for the PE's, I actually in my 2nd order, asked to purchase one of your extras from your PE that you described as follows:

Amanda's PE that is described as:

-a non foody/powdery vanilla
-something gulf coast water salty
-nude musk and skin musk…those might be the same thing but I don’t like white musk on me usually or the Egyptian musks. I would love a double musk somehow though. Not dirty but something like my warm skin.
-non coconutty sunscreen somehow
I would call it Nude Beach or something like that!

eta: maybe a really light undertone of tahitian tiare or gardenia instead of the sunscreen note since that is different and hard to describe

I loved that you requested the above PE, because I'm not a fan of coconut sunscreen smells, your description sounded so lovely.... I can't wait to get it...

@dolphindolls2 I love that! I hope you love it, I hope I love it😂 

Mara said she has some hand tinctured seaweed so I’m excited for the saltiness with the softer sweetness. My favorite sunscreens are unscented but they just have that sunscreen smell you know, maybe it’s the zinc, idk I can’t ever really explain it to people but it makes me so happy to smell. My current favorite is an unscented one but it is made with monoi de tahiti oil so it has a very slight undertone of gardenia, very slight, it’s still basically unscented. So I just asked for that instead of trying to describe a zinc-y sunscreen smell 😂I had applied some vanilla earlier in the morning and at the end of the day I could still smell it a bit and it was just sweet salty warm skin. I honestly didn’t know I could be as happy or peaceful as I was that day at the beach so that’s the memory I was going for. I like to say that I met my soul that day and I’ve been trying to find it the same way again here at home in Colorado where we don’t have beaches. Maybe I left part of it in the ocean and we will be beautifully reunited when I finally make it back.☺️

On 9/4/2023 at 1:26 PM, Amanda said:

@dolphindolls2 I love that! I hope you love it, I hope I love it😂 

Mara said she has some hand tinctured seaweed so I’m excited for the saltiness with the softer sweetness. My favorite sunscreens are unscented but they just have that sunscreen smell you know, maybe it’s the zinc, idk I can’t ever really explain it to people but it makes me so happy to smell. My current favorite is an unscented one but it is made with monoi de tahiti oil so it has a very slight undertone of gardenia, very slight, it’s still basically unscented. So I just asked for that instead of trying to describe a zinc-y sunscreen smell 😂I had applied some vanilla earlier in the morning and at the end of the day I could still smell it a bit and it was just sweet salty warm skin. I honestly didn’t know I could be as happy or peaceful as I was that day at the beach so that’s the memory I was going for. I like to say that I met my soul that day and I’ve been trying to find it the same way again here at home in Colorado where we don’t have beaches. Maybe I left part of it in the ocean and we will be beautifully reunited when I finally make it back.☺️

@Amanda, I loved your description of the blend, I love Florida and go every December and March to see family, and your description matched what I feel when I'm at my happy place, I can not wait to get it and try it out. I always feel I find my soul when I'm on the gulf cost of FL, I so understand the sentiment you were going for...I hope this blend is everything you want it to be