Touch of EBIL!

luna65

AD-TouchofEbil_.jpg

Touch of Ebil

EBIL yummy goodies from the creepiest midway around…sweet vanilla cotton candy is made sinful with warm woods and dark smoky creamy caramel…spookily sexy yet also cute and fun for Springtime!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration.
AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
WOODS ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life. NOTE: While the citrus in this blend is quite well diluted, please be aware that citrus on bare skin under direct sunlight can burn and even bleach the skin. Take care, if you plan to wear citrus perfumes outside during the day, make sure that the areas on which you've applied it are covered by clothing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heh, "ebil" is one of those Internet-isms I always think should be pronounced EBIL! Those of you who've watched Spongebob Squarepants with your kids,* it's like when Mermaid Man (voiced by Ernest Borgnine) says "Eeeevvvviiilllllll!"

I see this as a sequel-of-sorts to Santa Carla '09 - not that it's meant to be, necessarily - but it's that same sense of something so sweet and innocent then corrupted somehow. Like visiting The October Country in scented form.

It starts out as a yummy fluffy vanilla cloud...I don't know if it's cotton candy to my nose exactly but there is a sense of crystallized sugar, definitely. That scent in the air as you're walking the midway, I guess. After a couple minutes the darker elements insinuate themselves within the heart of that sweetness. The lemon note is there in the top, giving a slight sparkle to the sugar but the amber and woods are a smooth shadow at the bottom. I don't really get a sense of the smoke except as an aspect of that darker side. We like what we like, and I've always liked the combination of bright sugar with thick silky darkness. Besides the OMGYUM of this as perfume, I think it would make a great scent for B&B (Y YAIS I LIEKS 2 SMELLZ LIEK DA NOMZ IN MAI SHOWER, Y DO U ASK?)

*Apologies to those who watch it by themselves becaue they like it...I completely understand. My son outgrew The Fairly Oddparents but I still like it.

This is a nice scent. The vanilla fades fast or maybe settles into the background and I'm left with a sweet aroma. I keep thinking it's some kind of fruit other than lemon but there's no other fruit listed. So it must just be the sugar? I don't generally care for fruit scents other than grapefruit because they tend to be too sweet or decadent to me. So maybe that's why I like this... it's reminiscent of fruit and/or sweetness but not overly so.

I'll have to try this a few more times and decide if it's a bottle or not.

Yeah I noticed the lemon comes out more in the drydown for me as well but it's not OH HAI LEMON IZ HEER. :)

Aha ! here it is.

hmmm...yeah ! what they said.

"thick silky darkness" nicely put Luna !

however I do get a smoky-ness (a welcomed trademark of Mz Danna's scents) and it's what makes it for me, combined with the tease of lemon.

Wow...now I'm getting the "woods", anyway I like this scent, ALOT !!

At first, it's all vanilla and amber, which I think go really well together. Very rich, very creamy. There's a hint of lemon peeking out, and the woods and smoke in the background certainly do give it a little touch of ebil. :lol:

Oh yes, on drydown, the woods and smoke really come out to play. Very nice!

Edited by Kovvy

This is an easy one to review - yummy yumbly yum yum. As a cousin of Sinister Pink, this is sweetness with a hint of smoky-woodsy-amber. The lemon is there at first - breakfast cereal lemon, followed by a breath of vanilla-y amber, and then the smoke wafts by (just a hint) and finally a woodsy grounding. Sweet but not sickening.

DH even said, "That's a good one," (High praise indeed) and usually he is repulsed by the sweet scents I dig.

I am bathing in a cloud of this today and loving every second of it. It really is like an evil midway, with loads of vanilla cotton candy and sugar and decadent caramel...I love how there is that slight smokiness to the caramel that "ebils" it up along with the drydown that reveals a hint of sinister resins and woods. The slight tang of lemon fits in perfectly to give it some zing and isn't anything lemongrass and/or lemon verbena-ish but the good kind of lemon, like the kind in Skelly Tart. I LOVE this one!

This one really is EBIL!!! It's totally awesome & up Rosebuds alley!

I get bucket loads of spicy vanilla, caramel & amber after drydown....while it's still wet I get something fruity but to my nose it's more pink sugar (maybe the cotton candy?) than lemon. The fruity topnotes fade on dry down but they don't go away completely. Luckily I don't get any smoke :666:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wearing this for the last couple of days to work, it's quickly moving up to my top 5 I reckon!

Anywho... Last night during a busy A&E late shift I hear one of the female consultants start whining about the smell of "Redbull or Dr Pepper". I ignored it at first as this consultant is well known for being whiney & snappy, but she keeps going on about it. So I walk up to her and say it's probably me, she just looks at me up & down and shakes her head, then walks off. A few of my male colleagues add more positive comments saying it smells really nice & yummy, & not to worry about the consultant. Not that I do though, HA! I love the way I smell! :lol:

I don't understand where she got RedBull from though....seriously! What's wrong with her nose?

:lol: so many people have posted recently about others guessing totally wrong. It seems a lot of people (like me still) can't discriminate scents that well, just put them all into a few big crude buckets, and when confronted they can only grasp at associations within the bucket, however far away. :)

• 8 months later...

It's EBIL cotton candy! I think I like it so much because it is the dark side of sweetness. And it is a great scent for b&b, I love my body bubbles in this scent.

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh,I forgot I had a bottle of this,I really like this scent on me,it is like what Rosebud gets,but I do get the touch of yummy smokiness...I am sloooowly adding drops of EoW to it :)

*Imo,for the small $5 charge,you should leave the cops blending to the experts,but I had this one already from our last awesome sale,and so far it is holding the cops well,don't want to push my luck and ruin it tho :lol:

Edited by Calii

• 4 weeks later...

rinster, you NAILED this for me! I was getting this note at the edge of it, and couldn't put my finger on it and then you said it: Caramel Corn!!! I really like this!

When I sniff this I feel like I'm holding a box of carmelcorn in one hand and cotten candy in the other, alternately taking bites of each. I didn't notice the lemon until I read the notes, but yeah, it's there. Nicely done!

ETA: My youngest just walked into the room and said, "What smells like cotton candy?" I said, "ME!" and waved my wrist in front of her nose. Giggling ensued, and I told her that folks call this evil cotton candy! :P

Edited by ElizabethOSP

........*Apologies to those who watch it by themselves becaue they like it...I completely understand. My son outgrew The Fairly Oddparents but I still like it.

Luna? I will ALWAYS love The Grim(m?) Adventures of Billy and Mandy, thanks to my kids! Sponge Bob and Danny Phantom and Avatar (the animated, the first, the best!) are also on my top list... :lol::P

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 3 months later...

this smells just like your walking through the carnival and pass by the cotton candy and sweets stands.The smokyness reminds me of a getting a whiff of the sticky,cotton candy with hints of other carnaval treats in the hot ,summer hazey breeze.So unique!..love it!

I had to purchase a full size...does this sell outÉ..it says its sold out :Blusher: does anybody know

Yes it is sold out, unfortunately. But someone might have one available for trade/sale in the Trading Post subforum.

• 2 weeks later...
No, this isn't sold out. We have 8 bottles left.

Oh, YAY! I was hoping the cart wasn't lying to me the other day...or me confusing the cart...but anyway, YAAAAY! I hope some o' those last in there for a leetle while. :666:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This is an odd combination of foody, sweet and delicious, with something a little more dark and menacing beneath the surface. The two kind of complement each other and cancel out the edges off each other, like sweet and salty popcorn do. I think there are other pinky scents I like more than this, but it is still pretty nice. I think I would prefer it without the hint of smoke, which starts to come out more strongly after a while, but that is just me.

• 2 years later...