Licorice Wands

katz

AD-LicoriceWands_sm-LovePotion.jpg

Licorice Wands

A perennial place of enjoyment is the Sweet Shoppe...where imagination can lend a wizardly aura to most any confection...but especially a very special establishment in a very magical town. In this famed candy store, one of the most popular creations is the Licorice Wands. Twined strands of black licorice are combined with a sturdy chocolate handle for successful spell casting…and delightful digestion!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
ANISE ~ Sexual potency, cleansing, wards away nightmares, protective, purification, happiness, youth, psychic powers, luck, calming, soothing, meditation. Wedding rituals.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
WHITE CHOCOLATE COCOA BUTTER ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
CARAMEL & PINK SUGARS ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why o WHY doesn't this smell as good on me as it does in the vial? I've wanted to love this one, as I wanted to love Domino, etc. I thought for sure this time something would change and it would become the swooningly beautiful sells-out-in-a-hot-minute scent that it is for others. Poo.

I'll mope here in this post until someone else can give it it's deserving glowing review! :Lady_eye:

This is surprisingly less foody than I expected ...Somehow on me the licorice is reading almost..masculine? Bay rum-ish? It seems Smooth, opaque white. Does remind a lot of mara's domino. I get very little chocolate.

ETA ah there's the black licorice...which I hate to eat but this is Nummmmmm

Edited by tyvey

Yeah I don't get any of the chocolate either, except in the vial. With White Licorice it was an equal amount of vanilla and black licorice but with this one it's like a sweetened anise note on me...like if Naughty Minx was candy-like instead of dark and resin-y.

This is my new fave! This scent was made for me! I found another scent I am obsessing about! To me it wins over White Licorice. I love it. Something about this licorice that I really enjoy it's not very black it almost probably like faded grey. I smell something in here that reminds me a little of Sogni ~ it's that dream sweet breeze that glides on and makes me so happy!

Oh it really is a sweet treat. Total full bottle worthy for me. It's almost like a cotton candy cone with a little bit of sweet butter and licorice drizzled over the top~ but not a lot just a tiny bit. The sweet pink sugar of this comes through for me. Maybe I am just a pink scent kinda girl and these blossom beautifully with my chemistry.

I hate licorice scents (love the sweet, which is weird I know) but I received this by mistake, so here goes... It smells like chocolate covered licorice. It's not so awful. I was absolutely repulsed by white licorice so this is nowhere near as strong. It also faded very fast. So I wouldn't wear it, but then I wasn't expecting to.

This is definitely in the same vein as White Licorice, and it's awesome. I'd say this one's a bit richer. No medicinal anise here! The licorice note is like a chewy licorice candy, and I get a lot of creamy white chocolate too, coupled with buttery caramel and a hint of pink sugar. As it dries down the amber emerges to ground it but it still remains foody and delicious. Listen to me: even if you think you hate licorice YOU NEED THIS ONE!

Edited by Invidiana

Katz,try it again in a week or so :D When I first tryed this I got strong tea <???> ...now it is a creamy but slightly dusty chocolate,if that makes sense.I get very little licorice right now,but will be trying this again. I have a hunch this needs time to meld.

Katz,try it again in a week or so :D When I first tryed this I got strong tea <???> ...now it is a creamy but slightly dusty chocolate,if that makes sense.I get very little licorice right now,but will be trying this again. I have a hunch this needs time to meld.

I will! I'm not giving up hope...

I absolutely love this! It is sugared anise. All of you who don't like the usual licorice scent will probably like this. The only problem I'm having with it is it is pretty light. I'm slathering it on every couple of hours just to be able to enjoy it. My sample is going to be gone lickety-split.

Katz,try it again in a week or so :emoticons667: When I first tryed this I got strong tea ??> ...now it is a creamy but slightly dusty chocolate,if that makes sense.I get very little licorice right now,but will be trying this again. I have a hunch this needs time to meld.

I get the tea!!! It's definitely licorice but it almost has a tea edge to it. Not getting any white chocolate except for first minute it was on. Too bad, white chocolate is one of my favorite notes. I will hang onto it for awhile to see if you are right about aging making it meld. It's really a very pretty scent just not "me."

ETA: the white chocolate does make an appearance of sorts later on in the dry-down, not recognizable as white chocolate per se but adding considerable creamy smoothness as the licorice fades. Very nice.

Edited by halo0073

This is also a bit too sweet for my skin. Was hoping to amp the anise notes, and though not as heavy sugary on me as the Kanary Kreme, still too candy like. I smell like I ate my way through the sweete shoppe then didn't wash the sugar off my hands and face.

• 5 months later...

I love the pinkiness this has to it. The licorice is not overbearing. There's a certain creaminess to it, almost like a creamy musk that makes it smell like an waffle cone. I love this one and it's on full bottle list. I love how it smells delicious and warm.

I was scared of the licorice in this but it doesn't smell like licorice at all! It smells like white chocolate. I don't like white chocolate either, but the other ingredients make it smell way better. Now I can see why White Licorice was so popular! This was a nice surprise.

• 7 months later...

This is yummy, unexpected, it doesn't have that sharp anise thing going on. I agree about it smelling like a waffle cone. I think the label fits it well, it reminds me of candyland. It's yummy and fun smelling.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

• 5 months later...

I wasn't quite sure about the name because I'm not a huge licorice fan. When I first put it on, it smelled of a white chocolate. I love chocolate so I thought that this would could work for me. After about 10 minutes, it dried down to what I would call an unscented waxed candle smell on me. Very strange. It's just a waxy smell on me. Oh, well...on to the next!! :-)

I cannot stand licorice and so I thought this would smell like wax on me as well- but WOW I loved this so much! I am actually wearing it today. I got mine boosted with LAM.. it's THE perfect carrier for this scent. It's sexy and fun, but girly. I smell like a slut in a candy store. Love this one!

• 2 years later...

Love this very much as well even though I don't like licorice. I got this from the sale two years ago and was undecided. At that time, I was not into vanilla based scents and thus by sniffing on the oil stained label, I decided to shelve the bottle till the last weekend. It smells very close to Mara's Domino and Sogni Icantanti. It's creamy and cozy with a light chocolate and anise tone in the background. Will have to compare it with White Licorice someday.