Unscented Lumina

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you had your Vit D3 level checked Rose? Couple of years ago I was tired all of the time and had a few other symptoms of a deficiency aches everywhere, absolutely no ambition to do anything, forgetfulness and there are more listed on many websites about it. Went for a physical and everything checked out good. (I was very surprised I was that healthy LOL) But the Vit D3 came back critically low. I was put on D3 and after a week noticed a big improvement in my energy. Turns out many women are low and do not know it since it has only recently been included in regular testing. Deficiency is more common in women that live in the northern third of the US but even if you live in a sunny place, the use of sunscreen and just being inside more can cause it.

It is worth a try to have that checked.

:D I ALWAYS steer things in a sexual direction just by being present :666::ange: But seriously, yes...I've worn OCCO White and Pink for sure, I've not actually combined Lumina in tandem with other blends...yet. For instance, say, my 2 favs, BI and Sexpionage...but I've only had my Lumina spray for a short time so I just haven't gotten to it yet :lol:

I started with All Hallow's Eve and used OCCO White along side it successfully on hubby. My romantic target range is limited :D So mayhaps someone else will have a more interesting offering? :)

Thank you Nutrix. Everything I read has been mostly about it being a social. Just wanted to know if it I was wearing Lumina for the day and decided to go out with someone for the evening, i could just layer some cops instead of changing to another blend. If I was just going out without a date I would stick with just a social.

• 4 weeks later...

This is really a question for those who have experience using Lumina and Cougar.

I've been considering an order of Un-Lumina for sometime. Is it really that different from Cougar?

I only have Lumina in AHE, which I love. But, it is a distinctively specific scent. Im trying to decide between Un-Lumina or Un Cougar

(I'm familiar with Cougar I have both scented spray and oil.)

Any info on comparisons of those two would be helpful. Thx :)

I find Lumina has a more innocent feel than Cougar. With Cougar I feel all confident & hip-swingy. With Lumina it's more of a sensual, elegant vibe than a sexual one.

Oh, I like that distinction. Thanks Eggers. :)

Do you like it better in Spray or oil?

Edited by StacyK

This is really a question for those who have experience using Lumina and Cougar.

Any info on comparisons of those two would be helpful. Thx :)

I have both Uns in spray and I have AHE w Lumina in oil and - of course - CP perfume in oil. :lol: I've always equated Lumina to being SC's little sister. A more social feel without the extra smidge of something naughty that Cougar seems to give me and effect in others. But they are very similar in feel socially and both get great hits :)

Edited by NuTrix

I have both Uns in spray and I have AHE w Lumina in oil and - of course - CP perfume in oil. :lol: I've always equated Lumina to being SC's little sister. A more social feel without the extra smidge of something naughty that Cougar seems to give me and effect in others. But they are very similar in feel socially and both get great hits :)

Ok. Yes Cougar is slightly aggressive with a sexual edge in addition to the social vibe it give me. So Lumina is more social, closer to Pop Potion? But a bit different.

Somewhere between Cougar and Pop Potion?

I like both UN stone cougar and UN lumina. I have them in both in both spray and oil--however I much prefer the spray as it seems to get out there much more.

I like UN lumina for male or female social situations. It seems like a softer/lighter version of UN stone cougar. I find UN lumina to be very friendly/classy but not sexy like UN stone cougar. I like wearing UN lumina around mixed company or in work situations where I wouldn't want the sexier/hip swinging vibe from UN stone cougar.

I have also though on occassion amped the sexy ante though with UN lumina by adding an OCCO/or other form of cops and liked that. For instance wearing lumina during the day and then adding cops to it for the evening.

With all that said, if I was just going to purchase one first it would be UN stone cougar.

I have never tried Lumina, but recently unearthed a little trial vial of scented Cougar. Lovely true grapefruit scent. I do not find that it makes me feel sexually aggressive at all. It does perk me up and brighten my mood though and last night I had some pleasant and very sexy dreams. ;)

Thanks Chit & Rose. I have scented Cougar but I've become interested in Lumina. There are certainly a fair amount of LP'ers who use it. So I was torn between the two in Un form.

Chit, thanks for the description. I definitely see a theme in the answers here. I may have to give it a try. :)

Edited by StacyK

• 4 weeks later...

If I had to choose just one pheromone to own this would be it. No contest. I've worn this several times in the last fortnight in UN spray form (60/40 alcohol to silicon). Mainly to work, but also while shopping. I've been pairing it with soft, sweet, subtle scents due to work wear. I've worn varying amounts- from 2 to 6 sprays. I generally spray most of it on my clothes/hair/neck/chest area. It has worked each time.

Lumina seems to work a different kind of phero magic. I could not describe any specific moments that would count as a "hit" in the obvious, dramatic form. It's more like the entire experience of wearing it behaves like one ongoing, natural-feeling hit. It seems to have a way of subtly drawing people towards you, and making them fall in love with the experience of interacting with you. It's like owning a secret magic wand that, when waved in the air, will raise the level of happiness, comfort, relaxation and affection in the room, and- more specifically- towards you. It creates an ongoing "natural charm" effect. I have never had so many people seem so happy to see me, be around me, want to keep interacting with me. The light-hearted, affectionate, fun social vibes this lends to me and everyone around me is an absolute joy to experience and behold. I find it so uplifting.

I relate to phero blends as creatures in their own right. Sort of sleeping liquid entities that awaken and unfold their glittery dragon wings when you put them on. And seriously people- I cannot overstate the enchantment and wonder of this magically LUMINOUS phero-beast. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this available as a mad scientist blend Mara.

I've tried most of the other phero blends and really like most of them, but nothing compares to my experience with this. I can't relate it to Cougar effects, because I've only worn a small amount of Cougar a couple of times, and didn't notice much. Lumina is like a witches brew made up of a little SS4W, a little Lace, a little Levitation potion and some OW/POP potion all in one. And if you add a spritz of DHEAS it gets even better. Even with a full spray bottle in my LP cupboard, I'll be stocking up on more next time I order.

Edited by vladmyra

This was my first full bottle unscented phero purchase and I've just started playing with it. So far I am loving it -- it feels quietly sparkly without the slightly racing feeling I find myself getting with both Levitation and Lace these days. Thanks for the great review, Vladmyra, you've inspired me to test drive at my retail job today!

What exactly are the pheros in LUMINA? It is shown on the Pheromone List at the top, but at the bottom where the descriptions are listed, LUMINA does not appear. I got the last bottle of AHE 2011 (coming soon) and from the posts I have read it sounds like a great phero combo to have, but it would be helpful to know for sure... :)

What exactly are the pheros in LUMINA? It is shown on the Pheromone List at the top, but at the bottom where the descriptions are listed, LUMINA does not appear. I got the last bottle of AHE 2011 (coming soon) and from the posts I have read it sounds like a great phero combo to have, but it would be helpful to know for sure... :)

I just finally ordered a bottle of unscented Lumina. I have AHE..which I really, like but want the versatility of the Un.

You can order the Unscented off the Mad Scientist listed pheros. It's a phero blend but the exact mixture is not given, it's a proprietary blend.

I managed to find a post listing the ingredients for this one once, but haven't found it again.

It has EST, DHEAS, Beta-nol, Alpha-nol & a small amount of copulins. I'm 95% sure I have listed these ingredients in exactly the right order.

The amount of copulins is so small that it's not a worry to spray on clothes/neck/hair- I'm using the UN spray and I can't detect them at all (I can smell the sweet soft EST scent instead).

I have this in AHE 2011 as well, which I converted to spray. It's great, but not a scent I'd wear to work too often, as it's quite strong.

I'm guessing this one was bumped off the list of available pheros due to newer ones emerging that are supposed to be giving very similar effects. I must say though, that as much as I love all the other blends, nothing else I've tried has an effect as impressive to me as this one, so thank Mara-ness for the mad scientist option. When I discovered what this one can do for me personally in my day to day interactions it almost made me cry. I really really needed something to give me the lift and social boost that this offers me.

I just finally ordered a bottle of unscented Lumina. I have AHE..which I really, like but want the versatility of the Un.

You can order the Unscented off the Mad Scientist listed pheros. It's a phero blend but the exact mixture is not given, it's a proprietary blend.

Thanks StacyK for responding. It is good to know if it works well with me that I can order it again! ;) I hadn't thought to look under the Mad Scientist for it. Yes, I have read everything I can find on it and I couldn't see anything which gave an exact blend of pheros. I think it is truly a mad blend of other phero combos...as long as I can still get it I'm a happy camper!! :)

I managed to find a post listing the ingredients for this one once, but haven't found it again.

It has EST, DHEAS, Beta-nol, Alpha-nol & a small amount of copulins. I'm 95% sure I have listed these ingredients in exactly the right order.

The amount of copulins is so small that it's not a worry to spray on clothes/neck/hair- I'm using the UN spray and I can't detect them at all (I can smell the sweet soft EST scent instead).

I have this in AHE 2011 as well, which I converted to spray. It's great, but not a scent I'd wear to work too often, as it's quite strong.

I'm guessing this one was bumped off the list of available pheros due to newer ones emerging that are supposed to be giving very similar effects. I must say though, that as much as I love all the other blends, nothing else I've tried has an effect as impressive to me as this one, so thank Mara-ness for the mad scientist option. When I discovered what this one can do for me personally in my day to day interactions it almost made me cry. I really really needed something to give me the lift and social boost that this offers me.

Thanks so much Vladmyra for answering. yes, the thing I was worried about most was that it appeared it contained copulins. The reviews were great, except a few who stated it didn't work well with their mates. I had also seen something in another post about it, but haven't been able to find it again...information overload from so much reading lately!! lol ;) I also wanted to know so it could be ordered again. I'm happy to read that it helps you socially because that is what I am needing. I have AS so anything that helps me to be able to feel comfortable in social settings is a must!! :) I am learning that Mara is a genius!! I am so excited about getting my first order I can't stand it...keep checking the emails to see if it has been shipped...fingers crossed!!! :fingers-crossed:

The cop amount is so small the regular "cop rules" don't apply. This is a social, sparkly blend, not a super sexual one. Just use it as you would any other social blend.

The "problems" mentioned up thread are in reference to men who appear to have a negative response to EST. The blend does contain a good dose of EST, it think Mara referenced it makes up about 25% of the blend. It's a very small percentage of men who have that response tho. You can get more info on EST if you look it up in the Perfumerie.

TheBirkeys, this might just be the absolutely perfect social phero for you too! I am an introverted, socially inept person with avoidant personality and sometimes crippling social anxiety. While I have self-confidence in regards to my intellectual and imaginative/creative capacities, I have very little confidence in my ability to be a "proper person". I am not a practical person (so the obvious things that naturally occur to most people often elude me), and while I'm very good at reading people, I don't know how to relate to and interact with them in a normal, natural, comfortable way. Because of this, I wander around feeling a bit stupid, and very much like an outsider most of the time. I want to be able to connect with people the way everyone else does, but it doesn't work that way for me.

Unlike other blends, Lumina seems to make me feel more comfortable and content within myself, and within the realms of the general social interaction taking place. It uplifts my mood (in a natural way- no ditzyness or alpha-nol headaches). It spreads a warm, affectionate, socially flirty and lightly sparkly vibe throughout the room. It makes it easier for me to be around others, and easier for them to be around me. The only way to describe it is, as I think I mentioned earlier, that it really feels like people start falling in love with the process of interacting with you.

After using it at work a few times, I can see people automatically responding more positively to my presence straight away. And the whole time I'm there it's like people want to keep communicating with me, just because they want to be around me. I walked into a store the other day, looking for a facial serum, and the woman who came to help me fell under some kind of Lumina spell. She had shown me this great Clarins product that came with an extra gift set for free, which I had decided to buy. But even though I was already buying it, there she was repeatedly stroking all the other products that came in the gift pack on my hands and arms, just so I could smell and feel them. It was like she didn't want me to go away. For someone like me, who usually projects an aura of "just leave me be, don't invade my space", this woman's behaviour was decidedly outside the norm. And I've been served by her several times before- that's not what they're usually like there at all.

I must stop babbling now. Sorry to go on, but I think anyone socially awkward should give this a try. Now I've discovered it I couldn't live without it. And I'm now off to buy more straight away.

BTW- if you do decide to order some, you won't find it specifically listed in Mad Scientist combos. You just choose the mad scientist blends and then write in the box that you'd like to order the Lumina blend.

Don't apologize! That's a really good review Vlad. :)

Just FYI, Lumina is listed, by name, in the Mad Scientist section. Click the "here" link and it's listed under. "Women's Blends".

TheBirkeys, this might just be the absolutely perfect social phero for you too! I am an introverted, socially inept person with avoidant personality and sometimes crippling social anxiety. While I have self-confidence in regards to my intellectual and imaginative/creative capacities, I have very little confidence in my ability to be a "proper person". I am not a practical person (so the obvious things that naturally occur to most people often elude me), and while I'm very good at reading people, I don't know how to relate to and interact with them in a normal, natural, comfortable way. Because of this, I wander around feeling a bit stupid, and very much like an outsider most of the time. I want to be able to connect with people the way everyone else does, but it doesn't work that way for me.

Unlike other blends, Lumina seems to make me feel more comfortable and content within myself, and within the realms of the general social interaction taking place. It uplifts my mood (in a natural way- no ditzyness or alpha-nol headaches). It spreads a warm, affectionate, socially flirty and lightly sparkly vibe throughout the room. It makes it easier for me to be around others, and easier for them to be around me. The only way to describe it is, as I think I mentioned earlier, that it really feels like people start falling in love with the process of interacting with you.

After using it at work a few times, I can see people automatically responding more positively to my presence straight away. And the whole time I'm there it's like people want to keep communicating with me, just because they want to be around me. I walked into a store the other day, looking for a facial serum, and the woman who came to help me fell under some kind of Lumina spell. She had shown me this great Clarins product that came with an extra gift set for free, which I had decided to buy. But even though I was already buying it, there she was repeatedly stroking all the other products that came in the gift pack on my hands and arms, just so I could smell and feel them. It was like she didn't want me to go away. For someone like me, who usually projects an aura of "just leave me be, don't invade my space", this woman's behaviour was decidedly outside the norm. And I've been served by her several times before- that's not what they're usually like there at all.

I must stop babbling now. Sorry to go on, but I think anyone socially awkward should give this a try. Now I've discovered it I couldn't live without it. And I'm now off to buy more straight away.

BTW- if you do decide to order some, you won't find it specifically listed in Mad Scientist combos. You just choose the mad scientist blends and then write in the box that you'd like to order the Lumina blend.

Vladmyra...I am so sorry I am just responding to your post. I did not realize it until today when I was thinking about a PE for myself and trying to decide which pheros to use. When I read your post it was as if you were describing me!! I have AS (Asperger's Syndrome) and although I don't seem uncomfortable in social situations (because I have learned to act), they are actually very draining for me! I am more content staying home and it doesn't bother me to do it for days on end when I'm not working. I could tell you about how AS affects me, but you did it so well that there would me nothing more for me to say!! lol

If this is what Lumina does for you, then Thank God I have found the Holy Grail! ;) I received my AHE and tried it sparingly for the scent. I like the scent, but it's not one I would use every day-especially in the summer. I guess the name AHE is a very clue as to when this fragrance should be used! I am thinking about a PE with a little more subtle smell. It would probably seem on the generic side to most, but I have to be careful with fragrances which are out there. Everything smells strongly to me and if it has something I have an aversion to, I can pick it up right away and I can't stand to be near it. So far the fragrances I have tried at LPMP have been great, but I am still looking for that one scent I can use daily as a staple.

It really means a lot to me that you took the time to write all of that. I didn't find out until a few days ago about following posts to get updates. When I read your post I was thinking you might have AS too. I don't always tell people about it because some react negatively as if I have cooties.. ;) lol

When I have my PE done I will let you know and hopefully they might make a few extras and you can try one. I need to do some more reading on it and decide which ingredients so it may be a month or two before it's done. Right now I'm looking towards NR!!! So excited!! :D

AS cooties, LOL! Yes, your first paragraph there is pretty much like reading about myself. I too have had to learn how to "act" at interacting with people in a normal way, and when I was a teen I would try to learn from watching people's social interactions in movies and tv shows, to make myself more normal and approachable. I also agree that social interactions are very draining. I am easily drained by people and find myself becoming really bad tempered if I have to be around them too long because it exhausts me so much. I have to force myself to leave the house and wander around a public place if I haven't been out for a few days. Otherwise I end up becoming too isolated- I sometimes drive to the shops and can't make myself get out and go in when I get there!

I have had a few people (family and psychs) wonder if I'm Asperger's. I feel l have quite a bit in common with AS people, but because I've always been so good at reading people (emotions, motivations, personality), everyone's always come to the conclusion I must not be AS. I am particularly aware of my own and other people's emotional states- so intensely it's often painful to me. I think this might be a bit the opposite of someone with AS, but could be wrong there? Have you seen the film Lars and the Real Girl? It's a great film. Lars is a bit like me, but more intensely so (and I have never had to buy a "love doll" to learn how to be around people).

Anyway, I definitely think (hope) Lumina could be as wonderfully magical for you as it is for me. I don't see how any other blend could ever top it for me. Your subtle PE idea sounds like it could be intriguing. I'm a big fan of subtle scents, as they are just so much easier to wear everywhere. And I also have a strong sense of smell, so I know what you mean about having to avoid things. When you work out the notes for the PE you could post in the Your Potion Ideas forum to get ideas from people on how the elements might blend together. I haven't been brave enough to make one yet myself, so good luck with it!

Edited by vladmyra

When I have my PE done I will let you know and hopefully they might make a few extras and you can try one. I need to do some more reading on it and decide which ingredients so it may be a month or two before it's done. Right now I'm looking towards NR!!! So excited!! :D

I'd love to know when you come up with one too!! I'm also looking for a daily and it sounds like we might like the same types of scents.

• 1 month later...

After reading all of these wonderful reviews (yes, you Vlad), I just *had* to have a bottle of Lumina.

First try: spritzed on each side of neck, check and back of head. Okay, that should give some good selfies I figure. About a nanosecond later, I hate to admit it, but this sweet little innocent kind of feeling came over me – something I haven’t felt in a very looooong time. It brought back a memory specifically of when I was about 10 or 12 years old (believe it or not), all dressed up for Easter Mass in a yellow dress with my hair done in rag curls. Wow, *that* kind of innocent. As in, like a virgin. Made me almost want to sing, “I feel pretty, oh so pretty. I feel pretty and witty and gay” like Maria in West Side Story, too!

While wearing it I noticed women in particular were more engaged and wanted to talk longer. Interesting because this even happened with strangers when I was out walking in the park: stopped a woman walking her dogs to admire them (miniature collies) and we had a nice long chat about them, longer than usual. It’s a nice feeling -- I definitely want to wear this when I leave to go out of the house.

When Eggers mentioned that it has an innocent feeling to it, she’s right on the money. I didn’t get the sensual edge to it – just a nice, sweet pretty one. With a dash of cops (Occo White), it definitely upped the ante and gave it a more sexy vibe – something I really enjoy! I’m glad that I was able to get this phero as a Mad Scientist blend and now have it as part of my LP arsenal!

When I asked Halo what the difference was between LUMINA and Cougar (which is very similar) she summed it up as did others in this thread as:

"Cougar Lite". "Cougar's younger, innocent sister". Kewl.

While I haven't tried LUMINA yet, I really enjoyed reading everyone's reviews (kudos for you Vlad and Birkey) I especially like Vlad's analogy to it being kind of like a witch's brew blending a little bit of SS4W, LACE, Levitation, OW,and PP. It sounds like a delightful, go anywhere, confidence building, all around phero. A must try for sure.

Edited by Olderbutwiser

So glad you love it JudyO! Tis truly my favourite blend, and you're so right, it can easily be made a bit more sensual with some cops.

People really do seem to enjoy interacting with you when wearing this. It makes me feel like the whole world is feeling particularly affectionate towards me.

Olderbutwiser, I have Cougar (the perfume one), and haven't used it much, as I don't know if it's doing that much for me. Whereas this one does so much I will never be without it. I know some younger women get the most fabulous results with Cougar, but I keep wondering if my younger age is one of the reasons it doesn't seem to have such pronounced effects for me. Will have to give it some more experimenting. It's interesting though that in comparison, with Lumina I noticed good effects from the first time I tried it. I even see the effects on others when I'm not feeling good physically or emotionally within myself.

ETA: Lumina makes men go sparkly eyed around me.

Edited by vladmyra

I had this made as a Mad Scientist blend before it was listed in the Perfumerie. I have to say calling it " Cougar Lite" is right on target. It is a blend that adds a lightness and a charisma without being a sexy blend. Makes me perky without putting a swing in my hips the way Cougar does. Love it. Just a great all around social and I am glad it is back!!!

For those who have had success with Lumina.....have you only had success using it as a social? or have you tried adding a layer of Occo or some other cops to steer it in a sexual direction?

I have only had success using this as a social and it and SS4W are the ones I get the best results with..

I relate to phero blends as creatures in their own right. Sort of sleeping liquid entities that awaken and unfold their glittery dragon wings when you put them on. And seriously people- I cannot overstate the enchantment and wonder of this magically LUMINOUS phero-beast. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this available as a mad scientist blend Mara.

I've tried most of the other phero blends and really like most of them, but nothing compares to my experience with this. I can't relate it to Cougar effects, because I've only worn a small amount of Cougar a couple of times, and didn't notice much. Lumina is like a witches brew made up of a little SS4W, a little Lace, a little Levitation potion and some OW/POP potion all in one. And if you add a spritz of DHEAS it gets even better. Even with a full spray bottle in my LP cupboard, I'll be stocking up on more next time I order.

WOW, thank you Vladmyra :OU1D43~112:SOLD! Beautifully described :Like2: . Sounds like Lumina is a must for this phero-nista's repertoire :love:

Vlad, Irish Eyes, DD and CuR: I WANT!! LOL! :funny_ladybird:

I think younger women are lucky as they already produce a lot of their own cops and shine without needing as much Cougar/cops like older chicks like me, lol. But LUMINA sounds like the perfect balance of a go anywhere, daytime/anytime phero that would complement any fragrance and give one just the right vibe. I can always add OCCOs or switch to Cougar for night time. :stars155:

Glad I found this thread.

Edited by Olderbutwiser

Yes, get you some ODB ^_^ . I'm going for the spray like Vladmyra suggested. I did read in the perfumerie description that Lumina does have a few drops of cops. Didn't know that, thought it was cop free. GLAD there's a smidge in there. A lady can always use a dash of cops :P

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/Lumina/

I'll take the post with a grain of salt since you're under the influence, lol! Hilarious, thanks for sharing :10_small16: I've thought a time or two about the COPS and cops simile. Will have to look back several posts to see what version Vlad recommended. I have yet to order anything in silicone spray...

Kept meaning to ask you about FP, how are you liking it?!? When you get a minute, hop on over to the Flying Potion review thread and lemme know your preliminary thoughts :love:

Edited by ComingUpRoses