Elixir of Silver

OK, so I am not so much testing the pheros on this yet......although I could USE some tranquility right now!

The scent on this is interesting.....very bright on me.....I have gone back and read the ingredients....I normally don't like to read them before I test, unless I find something unusual and want to know what it is....the ingredients would not evoke anything "bright", so that part has me confused....I expected it to be more "warm" smelling, from the ingredients list, but I think it is just my chemistry.....

It is not a bad scent.....quite interesting actually......woody in the background with that brightness dancing across the forefront.....

I've only smelled this in the vial, but the aura of it hit me immediately. It was very comforting, like a big cozy blanket or a hug. That's what stood out to me.

When Mara and I first discussed this my mind went immediately to my own werewolf idea (what I actually wrote for it is part of that idea) but although this scent has a feminine aspect it is so very dark and masculine to me. The Nubian musk especially. The resins and woods are beautiful and I keep getting this flash of green to it, but in the end it actually reminds me a bit of Sugared Forest. The dose of Tranquility Potion in this gives it a very metallic edge for me, which is fitting in its way but I have to be careful.

Here's what I'm talking about as far as the concept, but I give you fair warning it's a bit R-rated:

Heard You Cry Wolf (version)

Edited by luna65

Dolly, I know you like the "dark scents". Is this one really dark & masculine? I want to get a sample (but I'ma scared).

Try it, I don't find it very dark at all...at least, it isn't on me.

When Mara and I first discussed this my mind went immediately to my own werewolf idea (what I actually wrote for it is part of that idea) but although this scent has a feminine aspect it is so very dark and masculine to me. The Nubian musk especially. The resins and woods are beautiful and I keep getting this flash of green to it, but in the end it actually reminds me a bit of Sugared Forest. The dose of Tranquility Potion in this gives it a very metallic edge for me, which is fitting in its way but I have to be careful.

Here's what I'm talking about as far as the concept, but I give you fair warning it's a bit R-rated:

Heard You Cry Wolf (version)

Like you need to warn me about an R-rating....snort!

If it's like "Sugared Forest", then that's a deal breaker for me. Sugared Forest & I didn't get along.

Edited by paganlady

I LOVE this one !! a bit masculine, but that's a plus for me. Wore it to work today and I was dripping w/sweetness, even when I had to talk to IDIOTS !

I'll write more later. I JUST LOVE THIS ONE !! :wub:

If it's like "Sugared Forest", then that's a deal breaker for me. Sugared Forest & I didn't get along.

Well that's what it reminds me of, but it may not be that way for you.

• 1 month later...

I really am enjoying my sample of this. If silver had a fragrance this is it. It smells almost cold, it really does cool the internal fire, stress and anxiety and makes me feel more at ease. The scent is uni-sex. It has a bit of masculinity to it and still pretty for a woman to wear. I feel more stable and grounded when I wear this, this potion is a must for any busy person.

I just received this and love the resinous tones. I am wondering if anyone could inform me as per which pheromones are in this blend?

Edited by Indigo

Tranquility Potion is a proprietary blend, so it's not stated as far as which compounds are used.

The description of effects is: ...to encourage a peaceful, calm demeanor. Tranquil and soothing for the wearer and those around you.

Tranquility Potion is a proprietary blend, so it's not stated as far as which compounds are used.

The description of effects is: ...to encourage a peaceful, calm demeanor. Tranquil and soothing for the wearer and those around you.

Well Gosh,I forgot I had this one,could have used it with our thunderstorms yesterday.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was using May Day a LOT at the end of the year, as my Mom-in-Law and her sister passed away, and Dad-in-Law with alzheimer's had to be moved into a group care home. The phero worked very well indeed, but I'm not a fan of the scent. I have to put dark resinous scents on top of it, and then it's okay.

Enter Elixir of Silver! She is my new leetell friend. I like this scent a lot. On me, it's not too sharp and it dries down to a very pretty, understated, sweet-ish, barely aquatic thing. Unobtrusive, pleasant, and effective. Yay! Oh, and the label is beautiful, too!

I was using May Day a LOT at the end of the year, as my Mom-in-Law and her sister passed away, and Dad-in-Law with alzheimer's had to be moved into a group care home. The phero worked very well indeed, but I'm not a fan of the scent. I have to put dark resinous scents on top of it, and then it's okay.

Enter Elixir of Silver! She is my new leetell friend. I like this scent a lot. On me, it's not too sharp and it dries down to a very pretty, understated, sweet-ish, barely aquatic thing. Unobtrusive, pleasant, and effective. Yay! Oh, and the label is beautiful, too!

Ooh now I'm going to have to hunt down my sample... I had to trade away May Day myself, after I had some negative associations with it...I'd love a scented Tranq. potion.

Ooh now I'm going to have to hunt down my sample... I had to trade away May Day myself, after I had some negative associations with it...I'd love a scented Tranq. potion.

Oooh, katz! It crossed my mind that I'd gotten bad associations with May Day after wearing it to funeral, hospice, and general family-state-of-emergency. I liked the smell at first, but got to NOT like it as I went. Aha!

Do check out Elixir of Silver--it can be really nice. :lol:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I have an unused bottle for trade if anyone is interested...!

• 1 month later...
It reminds me of sugared frankincense and myrrh!

Really? I've been really curious about Sugared Frank & Myrrh. Left my sample at my office and will have to test it out next week.

• 2 months later...

I love Elixir of Silver. It was one of the first full bottles I ordered. The scent, the magickal ingredients and the tranq potion make this one of the most effective LPs I own for the intent. It is so like coming home and being wrapped in a cozy comforter and put to bed by a mother or a loving friend that doesn't ask too many questions about why you are sad or why you just want to be left alone.

When I got it I had just had a breakup and had moved into a little bungalo all by myself. For the first time in years I was going to bed alone and waking up alone. I cried every night to sleep and as soon as I opened my eyes in the morning. I was so sad and lonely back then!! I got Elixir because I loved the warm woody scent and the magickal ingredients of protection and the story that Luna wrote to accompany it. I knew nothing of pheros and so I didn't really pay attention to the fact that it had the tranq potion in it but it really did work so magically at soothing and calming me down emotionally at night. I don't associate this scent with the sadness I was experiencing at the time but with the sense of calm it gave me.

I don't have many sad nights anymore but I had one last night and this one did not let me down. For me it is more effective than Teddy Potion. It doesn't knock me out with sleep, but it relaxes and allows me to just be by myself, watch a movie and comfortably drift off.

This is one I will be ever grateful to Mara and team for brewing up and highly recommend everyone at least have a sample hanging around to pull out for these emotional emergencies.

I love Elixir of Silver. It was one of the first full bottles I ordered. The scent, the magickal ingredients and the tranq potion make this one of the most effective LPs I own for the intent. It is so like coming home and being wrapped in a cozy comforter and put to bed by a mother or a loving friend that doesn't ask too many questions about why you are sad or why you just want to be left alone.

When I got it I had just had a breakup and had moved into a little bungalo all by myself. For the first time in years I was going to bed alone and waking up alone. I cried every night to sleep and as soon as I opened my eyes in the morning. I was so sad and lonely back then!! I got Elixir because I loved the warm woody scent and the magickal ingredients of protection and the story that Luna wrote to accompany it. I knew nothing of pheros and so I didn't really pay attention to the fact that it had the tranq potion in it but it really did work so magically at soothing and calming me down emotionally at night. I don't associate this scent with the sadness I was experiencing at the time but with the sense of calm it gave me.

I don't have many sad nights anymore but I had one last night and this one did not let me down. For me it is more effective than Teddy Potion. It doesn't knock me out with sleep, but it relaxes and allows me to just be by myself, watch a movie and comfortably drift off.

This is one I will be ever grateful to Mara and team for brewing up and highly recommend everyone at least have a sample hanging around to pull out for these emotional emergencies.

I'm so happy you found LP and tranquility potion. It's nice to hear you get so much comfort from it. Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm deff. going to pull out my sample, I've been feeling a bit down myself this past week. Thanks : )

I'm so happy you found LP and tranquility potion. It's nice to hear you get so much comfort from it. Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm deff. going to pull out my sample, I've been feeling a bit down myself this past week. Thanks : )

Awww...Thank you Honeybee!! :bow:

I am glad you had a sample on hand!!

• 1 year later...

Well. I was just yammering about the busyness and stress in my household over on the Elan Vitale thread. So as Mr. Matt was getting ready to run out the door to do permits and errands all over hell and back, he asked me for a phero to "find a nugget of peace" in himself while out and about. Whoa. After casting about between several, we settled on Elixir of Silver. He remembered how well Tranquility Potion has worked for him the last several years during his family's health problems, deaths and alzheimers journey. I swiped a couple spots on his arms, and he liked it right away. It smells as good on him as it does on me. It must have worked, too, because he's been gone long enough that I know he didn't skip the longer part of his trip! :):heart:

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm...I couldn't find a review for this yet--I am sure I must not be "searching" correctly.

This has been me and my boyfriends favorite to date.

For me, it has self effects of calming, centering, and general uplift.

And for him, it likely has the same, as he traditionally finds my presence aggravating, as he is an extreme introvert and I am an extrovert, and we have been living together for 6 years of my extended chronic illness, which has been very heavy, and "i" have gotten fused with the experience in his mind.

This one I feel has opened the door for some shift in the relationship. He is most affectionate towards me when I wear this, and he has been downright dismissive with some of the more sexual pheros. And they also cause me a lot worse depression, exhaustion, and cognitive dysfunction. Which is not fun, but incredibly fascinating! It seems the effects of Lyme Disease have a pheromonal component and odd sensitivity. From what I could tell on the forum, I have had the most extreme side effects of anyone using pheros. but they stop within 12 hours of removing the perfumes.

So, that is a rather large aside in this review, but I have so appreciated the calming, happiness effect of the phero, and the clean simplicity of the scent. Wish it had more staying power on me though. I have been using the oil sample, and scent is gone in maybe 2 hours...

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying pheros while working Market Night every Friday. I'd thought that since our stand is primarily my candles, the scent would overpower whatever pheros I'm wearing. Not so! I've been wearing a different phero each week, and the different results are fascinating! *This* one is pretty cool for the purpose. Both Matt and I were wearing it the first couple weeks, when we were pretty stressed about setup and a new street fair and all. It helped us keep our heads on straight, and it also seemed to help keep our vibes comfy for our customers. I really, really LOVE tranquility potion in this scent. It's perfectly congruent for both Matt and me! :heart::heart::heart:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 5 months later...

This potion really has managed that "metallic" feel. It is at first green and sweet, but with a really dark, musky edge to it. I think this would work well on a man, yet it also smells delicious on me. I love how elegant this is.

• 2 months later...

When I saw that just one bottle of this baby was left I had to snag that last one, your review of this really made the decisision for me that I needed it....thanks so much and I will write a bit more on how it works once I get my bottle....

I got a bottle of this from the GGG site and now that it's been several years since I first tried it the comparison which comes to mind is "a masculine Cuddle Bunny." It's got those same qualities of CB, only darker; but that's one of the reasons it works well with the phero, I think. Now that it's aged and mellowed it makes a good bedtime scent for me,

I got a bottle of this from the GGG site and now that it's been several years since I first tried it the comparison which comes to mind is "a masculine Cuddle Bunny." It's got those same qualities of CB, only darker; but that's one of the reasons it works well with the phero, I think. Now that it's aged and mellowed it makes a good bedtime scent for me,

Luna, you just made my day by saying this... I love CB and this will work out great then, I can not wait till I get my bottle, thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

This reminds me I haven't worn Elixir of Silver for a long time. I'll wear it to bed tonight for Its calming effect and its nice scent. It smells indeed somehow masculine to me, but that goes very well with the phero and its calming effect.

To me, this is the smoothest unisex scent I have. I can't say one way or the other that the tranquility potion has done anything for me, but I like either wearing it to bed when I want something just a bit masculine, or when I'm going out and just want to feel completely capable throughout my day without it being womanly or girly.