Is sexual mones really THAT "dangerous" to wear in public?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you mean to say, "You Drive Me Nervous"? :D

Yes - that's why "I Drive your Truck". :lol2:

Maybe, but you're "Driving With the Brakes On". And in a truck that is very, very bad. :lol:

Only because we are pulling into the "Drive In". Want a Coke and some popcorn before the show starts?

• 5 years later...

I stumbled across this. I know it hasn't been updated for almost 6 years, but felt it was worth bumping up as its not really a repeat of other more recent posts on the subject (which I've read, at least) .

If you come across the sort of ass hat who thinks that wearing a short skirt means you're fair game, then yes, it is dangerous. I personally wouldn't risk going out at night by myself wearing skimpy clothes, because I don't want to give any ass hats the wrong idea - and pheromones pretty much have the same effect.

I just need to applaud the use of the expression "ass hat."

I would reserve for times when I have the protection of a man on my arm.

Sexpionage (personally, I would not wear this out of the house)

Blatant Invitation

Phero Girl

OCCO: SLF

OCCO: Gold

I have to say, the world is a completely different place when you do/do not have the protection, or even the virtual protection, of a man on your arm. My ex-husband is a brawny 300lb Scorpio, known for having a bad temper, and is covered neck to toes in tattoos. He's the guy you call when you need a refrigerator moved. (Recently, his neighbor, who's a Hell's Angel, was trying to break up his dogs who had been fighting for over 20 minutes. He was exhausted and bleeding, and screamed for my ex's help, who jumped the fence and managed to help pull the dogs off eachother, dispite getting bit multiple times, and "rescued" the poor tough guy who immediately hit the ground once he knew neither of his dogs were going to die.) For years, everyone knew I was his wife, so dudes would hug me like I was a paper bag full of shit on fire.

After we separated, a few "real" hugs made me feel like I needed to call a rape crisis hotline. I wasn't used to it. Not long after we broke up, I was once posing for a picture for my friend Laura with a friend of hers. As she was texting me "careful, he'll grab your ass," HE STUCK HIS TONGUE IN MY EAR. I was so bummed. (I called my ex and yelled at him and told him it was his fault I had been ear raped.) This, mind you, had nothing to do with pheromones, and everything to do with the lack of a Cro-Magdon by my side. You don't necessarily need a man by your side, but if you're going to be all sexed up in public and you don't want the occasional stray tongue in your ear, you have to be cautious and somewhat aloof. If you're naturally bold and easily bust balls, great. But if not, do you need the extra hassle? I'd rather just wear a social/good times non-sexual phero than waste my energy fending off the random heat seeking missles.

I just wanted to add, since reading this thread I've been thinking about the incident that happened to me while wearing Extracurricular Proclivities, and looking at it in light of some of the things said here:

One much older guy at dancing – let’s call him Roger – just about went nuts. He’s normally pretty sleazy around younger girls, but it’s toned down to an acceptable level – I guess he has learnt to behave himself over the years. But this seemed to make him abandon all restraint and become completely blatant. Dancing with him was almost a little dangerous. This is NOT night club dancing, it’s a sultry style but not blatantly sexy – suitable for the retirement area I live in, and most of the dancers are 50+ years old, so we’re not talking anything Patrick Swayze here. So it was weird and very wrong when Roger started thrusting back and forth against me, not actually making contact, but in a very sexual way, taking deep huffs in of my scent each time, breaking out in a sweat even though the room was quite cool. And this was just after he commented that I smelled “wonderful”, and said he wanted to get closer to me to breathe in my scent. Worse, when we started to dance properly he almost immediately put me into a move where my arms were behind my back and neck, almost an arm lock, where I felt completely exposed and vulnerable. He then leaned it close to me, forehead against mine, and all but kissed me! I actually had to struggle away and politely excuse myself from the rest of the dance, I felt a little like I was being assaulted. He seemed to realise himself after that and backed off, but it was pretty awkward. I couldn’t get away from him fast enough!

I think it's important to note that this kind of situation COULD very easily get out of hand, in a different setting or if I had been a different type of person. I am very strong, not easily pushed into doing something I don't want, and have the guts to fight or scream or struggle if I need to. But, if you are less sure of yourself, less prepared, even just younger and more trusting, put in the wrong environment, things can get out of hand. You do need to go into these situations with your eyes wide open and knowing how things could play out. Just use common sense.

I try to wear mostly social phero's when I go dancing, but since my man is usually working where I'm dancing, I put a tiny drop of something just for him, and offer him my neck to sniff when I first get there. Just like QG was pointing out, you don't want to send out mixed signals. I like the people where I'm dancing, why would I want to ruin that? I don't want my girlfriend's husbands to think I'm hot, and I don't want my regular guy friends to think of me in a sexual way. That would ruin the dance floor vibe for everyone. I'm currently having problems with a singer's crazy deluded wife sending me nutjob texts from fake phones in the middle of the night, and it started 2 days after I wore LP Rouge to a show. He struck up a conversation with me, much more than usual. He knows I'm taken, I know he's taken, and there's zero chemistry between us but the LP Rouge made him more chatty and it unfortunately caused her brain to work a little harder than necessary.

I stumbled across this. I know it hasn't been updated for almost 6 years, but felt it was worth bumping up as its not really a repeat of other more recent posts on the subject (which I've read, at least) .

I think this thread is kinda-sorta pin worthy. But only if "Is sexual mones really THAT 'dangerous" to wear in public?" could be changed to "Are sexual pheromones dangerous to wear in public?"

I think this thread is kinda-sorta pin worthy. But only if "Is sexual mones really THAT 'dangerous" to wear in public?" could be changed to "Are sexual pheromones dangerous to wear in public?"

I believe English was not the original poster’s first language,

I believe English was not the original poster’s first language,

It's a reflection on me rather than the poster, honestly. I read the thread because I figured you were bumping it for a reason, but might have dismissed it otherwise and missed all this great content because of this teeny tiny grammar police woman sitting on my right shoulder.

It's a reflection on me rather than the poster, honestly. I read the thread because I figured you were bumping it for a reason, but might have dismissed it otherwise and missed all this great content because of this teeny tiny grammar police woman sitting on my right shoulder.

Yep, I get it :)

The answer is yes. Its a risk. But, more importantly to understand, when you wear those pheros in a non appros setting some of responders are bound to be GUYS WITH LOW SOCIAL FILTERS. It's not your target guy at the work luncheon or dinner function or... it's most likely some random guy you dont know and dont want to know.

*dont confuse "low social filters" with someone who is just a "big responder" to a phero hit. They are two different types. But "low social filter man" is not pleasant and can be uncomfortable, embarrassing and yea in some cases dangerous.

I posted a random, weird encounter a few years ago in the LAM thread.

Be smart.

Edited by StacyK

• 7 months later...

In my opinion no it's fine.. I've worn them to work and in public and have gotten NO hits so I think you'll be alright. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/16/2018 at 10:37 AM, StacyK said:

The answer is yes. Its a risk. But, more importantly to understand, when you wear those pheros in a non appros setting some of responders are bound to be GUYS WITH LOW SOCIAL FILTERS. It's not your target guy at the work luncheon or dinner function or... it's most likely some random guy you dont know and dont want to know.

*dont confuse "low social filters" with someone who is just a "big responder" to a phero hit. They are two different types. But "low social filter man" is not pleasant and can be uncomfortable, embarrassing and yea in some cases dangerous.

I posted a random, weird encounter a few years ago in the LAM thread.

Be smart.

Hi!I would love to read that. Can you link it if you remember? I tried to search for it but had no luck!

• 7 months later...

Is there any way to wear cops more for self effects or for an extra sparkle without of coming off as full on sexual?  I'd like a more slinky vibe but "LET'S HAVE SEX" in big neon letters is not congruent with my personality (I'm more of a LFM girl), and I want to avoid some of the incidents described in this thread! Maybe a tiny dot of a phero-enhanced fragrance?  Would that be closer to "natural cops" levels instead of "do me now" cops levels? Everyone seems to be having so much fun with the OCCOs and I want to at least TRY cops!  I'm single right now though, so no one to use cops for besides myself. 

Lots of women get selfies from cops. I don’t really but I do from Aja. I think it’s absolutely fine to wear them for yourself. Just be aware. And just start with a touch of them and adjust as needed . I think a lot depends on age and natural hormone levels as well. Someone in their 40s in Peri-men can wear more than a twenty something woman whose natural production is much higher naturally. For me it’s always been fine experimenting with pheros of all types, but just be aware of your surroundings and know that some men with lower social filters can be pretty forward or inappropriate. I’m so used to handling that already in my normal life that it’s not too difficult for me to deal with but that’s definitely a personal thing. Congruence is a big factor as well. Definitely worth a try though. You just never know until you start testing things.

2 hours ago, hedgehog said:

Is there any way to wear cops more for self effects or for an extra sparkle without of coming off as full on sexual?  I'd like a more slinky vibe but "LET'S HAVE SEX" in big neon letters is not congruent with my personality (I'm more of a LFM girl), and I want to avoid some of the incidents described in this thread! Maybe a tiny dot of a phero-enhanced fragrance?  Would that be closer to "natural cops" levels instead of "do me now" cops levels? Everyone seems to be having so much fun with the OCCOs and I want to at least TRY cops!  I'm single right now though, so no one to use cops for besides myself. 

Since I swore off dating for the past couple of years ( until I learn how to choose my men better 🤣 ) that's how I primarily wear my OCCO 's & anything with cops. I love to pair a small bit of OCCO White with sooo many things. A bit on my wrists or cleavage. Never had any issues ! Definitely hits, though.

I wear them every day. Halo’s point about age (where you’re at hormonally) is something to keep in mind.

I’m completely post menopausal—probably the oldest forum member who posts with any regularity right now.

For me,   I use a generous swipe down the cleavage  to my belly button (lollipop shape). For the boyfriend I adds more! Sometimes lots more. He does not know about any of my secret arsenal lol. Works great every time and he’s 65. Yay for OCCOs. 

Thanks for all your suggestions! I will start with a tiny swipe in ,my cleavage and see how it goes from there. 

On 7/27/2019 at 10:26 AM, halo0073 said:

I think a lot depends on age and natural hormone levels as well. Someone in their 40s in Peri-men can wear more than a twenty something woman whose natural production is much higher naturally. 

That's a good point! I'm in my 20s so I'll be careful . 

Congruence is a big factor as well. Definitely worth a try though. 

One of the things I like about pheros and LPs is that they help bring out different facets of myself. (Like I FEEL different wearing LP Pink than I do wearing LP Red, or something with SWS, for instance.)  So maybe cops will help bring out my inner vamp. 

On 7/27/2019 at 12:06 PM, StrawberryKitten said:

Since I swore off dating for the past couple of years ( until I learn how to choose my men better 🤣 ) that's how I primarily wear my OCCO 's & anything with cops. I love to pair a small bit of OCCO White with sooo many things. A bit on my wrists or cleavage. Never had any issues ! Definitely hits, though.

😆 I hear you! I love the freedom of being single. Ooh, OCCO White sounds like it would layer beautifully with almost anything...although I'm worried that if the OCCO smells too good I will be tempted to put on more! :)

16 hours ago, hedgehog said:

Thanks for all your suggestions! I will start with a tiny swipe in ,my cleavage and see how it goes from there. 

That's a good point! I'm in my 20s so I'll be careful . 

One of the things I like about pheros and LPs is that they help bring out different facets of myself. (Like I FEEL different wearing LP Pink than I do wearing LP Red, or something with SWS, for instance.)  So maybe cops will help bring out my inner vamp. 

😆 I hear you! I love the freedom of being single. Ooh, OCCO White sounds like it would layer beautifully with almost anything...although I'm worried that if the OCCO smells too good I will be tempted to put on more! :)

I am definitely enjoying being single ! But....I may be ready for some casual fun, lol. So let's just say that these new OCCO's are just in time, at least I hope. And yes, the vanilla OCCO is my favorite, & there were a few times where I may have over - slathered