Love Potion: Summer Solstice 2009

A Limited Edition Love Potion® Variety! Our much loved aphrodisiac potion; this season enhanced with luscious berries, grapes and cream. (This is the LP: PURPLE you've been asking for!) Completed and empowered on the Summer Solstice 2009 ~ 'spelled' for the wearer to capture her heart's desire! Vanilla, Amber, Patchouli, Musk, Mulberry, Grape, Strawberry, Raspberry, Powdered Sugar and Cream.

OMG - this is purple! The color popped immediately into my head. It is not overwhelmingly grape, it is just purple. The berries and cream temper the grape and make it a smooth blend. This is probably one of the few fruity scents that I really like. It is not too foody or to fruity, but has a nice fruity undertone to it. Very nicely done!

This surprised me as I don't do well with grape scents. I totally agree. While this clearly has grape in it, it is really well balanced with the other notes. I smell vanilla, musk, the grape wth some berries and a fresh floral. Very nice.

Oh I can't wait to get mine.....been wanting to get a 'purple' scent for some time, but couldn't decide what to put in it. Lilacs don't rock my boat, so the Purple Puddle was out (although I *did* consider it for a moment...I mean....those blue footed boobies are precious!).

But when I read the description of LP: Summer Solstsice 2009 and how this was LP's purple version.......a bottle just hopped into my cart unsniffed (had it boosted with Heart&Soul too.....I love that stuff!) :o

My Sales Order of BankAccount DOOOOM should be here some time next week I think.......always takes about a week after shipping.....*sigh*.....until then I'll live vicariously through reading your reviews !

M&D have excellent berry and grape accords in their library, and this is yet another example. Nicely true and bright but in a mellow way, not quite tart, just that slightly acidic quality berries can have even when ripe. The LP base is lighter and would wear well in summer's heat, plus I think it could be layered with other variants or one of the Sugareds. If you like LP Number Three for Women then this is somewhat reminiscent: the same softly sweet quality with a definite purple aura.

Edited by luna65

this is lovely!

i get grape in my face right away, bit it doesn't stay the predominant note and isn't overpowering...it's not a "grape" scent overall.

this is lightly sweet and creamy with delicious zings of grape and berry.

mmm.

very pretty, feminine and fruity without being citrusy and tart.

a smooth, mellow, sweet fruit scent perfect for people like me who are craving something fruity for the summer but who aren't your typical fruit scent lovers.

just gorgeous :)

Is this one anything like LP Original? It's one of my absolute fave's & I'd love a "berry version" of it :2182:

Is it the fruit that's the most prominent, or is it the vanilla/cream/amber notes?

Is this one anything like LP Original? It's one of my absolute fave's & I'd love a "berry version" of it :2182:

Is it the fruit that's the most prominent, or is it the vanilla/cream/amber notes?

Granted, I've only tried the original LP LE version...the Summer Solstice '09 is much much softer. I'd say the fruit and the LP base are equally prominent but neither are dominant, if that makes any sense.

Granted, I've only tried the original LP LE version...the Summer Solstice '09 is much much softer. I'd say the fruit and the LP base are equally prominent but neither are dominant, if that makes any sense.

Agreed. Fantastic balance. The apricot in the original totally amps on me but the purple-ish fruits and the vanilla/amber maintain a quiet dance--mixing and mingling in accord.

The summer versions have been my favorite LPs so far-- last year's melon convinced me I CAN wear fruity scents, and I like this one too. It's purple but not overwhelmingly so, ripe and sunny and bright. I like putting this one in my hair and then catching a sniff when I toss my head.

oooooh yay I was excited about this one and I wasn't let down although ti seem to be fading kind of fast. Probably cause i just took a shower though and my skin was a bit dry. It reminds me of something but I don't know what,. Kind of juicy, fruity, berry, grape, candyish but not really candy. It' creamy too and oh so wonderfully delicious smelling So glad I got a bottle!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

At first soft fruity grape almost tart then dries down to Softened grape this one fades fast on me, but I can reapply :( I enjoy this one :)

• 1 year later...

This is fruity and grape first on me. but not very strong. its definitely purple, creme y berries. i had to pop a candy on my tongue just after this application. reminds you of candies and ice creams. but this is a wearable feminine fragrance. not just a fruity scent. its is definitely wearable. gives a berry fruity but cremy rich and soft. later it turns into very soft feminine sweet fragrance which is barley there. tender soft hint of fragrance on skin.

• 3 years later...

Glad I was able to find a bottle of this on the trade boards! I adore LP Pink so I knew that LP Purple had to be great. The berries, sugar and vanilla come together to form a truly fabulous purple potion!! I was a bit worried about it being too grapey due to the muscadine grape notes being listed, but I don't get grape...on me it plays out as the purple sister of LP Pink...so delicious!!! I only have one bottle so I use this one sparingly...love it!!! :D