Whoopsy Daisycake

Invidiana

Those wary of the "daisy" part, fear not, because this is not dominated by screeching florals. If I could give my impression of it as a whole, really is what I imagine a cake made by fairies to be, like a rich buttery vanilla cake dusted with sugared daisy petals. The daisy note is really a soft compliment to the cake; it doesn't clash with it or overwhelm it. It makes me want to throw on my most fairylike dress and go dancing in the backyard.

Hmm, I didn't get that much cake. I would have to say it's a semi-dry floral on me. I bet dandelion wine would smell this way, not that I get any dandelion. I just think they'd have a similiar feel.

I amped the daisy like nobody's business, but in the final drydown it turned to a soft vanilla. So for some people this might be more of a nice springtime floral than a gourmand experience. I kind of wish it was all like the first 10-15 minutes where I could smell them both, but that's the way it goes...

Yummeh yummeh cake with little daisies on top! Then it develops into a slightly more floral (but no screech) vanilla. Just a really nice, comfy scent.

I think this and Lost Highway are my favorites so far this month...

Put huge goofy smile on my face. A great daytime scent. Cheerful, approachable, very friendly. Would be great for people who deal with difficult people all day. I imagine kids would LOVE this scent as well.

I can't wait to try this one! I've been trying to put together a PE with something mysterious and unique added to the vanilla, but I think I'll wait until I get some daisycakes!

I love the name of this, I call my dog Daisycakes all the time! :dogg4:

I love the name of this, I call my dog Daisycakes all the time! :dogg4:

Well you must have a bottle just because of the name...and all summer everytime Daisy does something goofy you can laugh and say "Whoopsy Daisycakes!"

It really is a fun friendly scent!

I need to try this...Favorite dog of all time was my "Daisy Duke" speckled cocker. I bought the bath and body work scent "Happy Daisy" when I went to college so I could think of her. BEST DOG EVER!

This one is very nice. It's not the "take Rosebud by storm, go straight to Top 5 & induce crazy hoarding" scent I was expecting, but it IS vey lovely. I was expecting another foody/gourmand vanilla dream but this was very different!

Wet & in the vial I totally get the yummy cake with a tiny touch of flowers...It's drool-worthy rich & creamy vanilla cake with a few petals on top.

Once it dries on my skin however the foody vanilla cake fades. Instead I get a morphed version of what I initially sniffed... The richness of the vanilla cake mellows to a soft & creamy note of cream with just the tiniest hint of vanilla to it. The floral also comes out a touch more. It's now a very soft & creamy floral, but still not a floral scent if that makes sense. Other than violets & roses, I don't like floral scents that are just floral, they are often too strong & "in your face" perfumey for me, but this one isn't like that at all. Unless you take a few deep sniffs close to the application point & really try to pick out the various notes you wouldn't pin this one as a floral scent.

Despite the lack of vanilla as a dominant note, I think this one would be really good as a work scent for me. It's soft, creamy & feminine which I like, but also since it's such a mellow (yet long lasting!) scent, I really don't see how it could be offensive to anyone or break any of the "no perfumes at work" rules...

Very nicely done!

• 1 year later...

OMG, SOMEONE JUST WALKED BY MY OFFICE WHO I AM CERTAIN IS WEARING THIS!! I MUST INVESTIGATE!! ALSO, REMINDS ME HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS SCENT!!! Wouldn't this be great with a LACE boost????

(must cut back on caffeine again)

• 1 month later...

IDK I tried this one first after receiving my goodies this week. In the vial it smelled so GREAT! just like cake. Only good cake, not plastic artificial ingredient cake.

On my skin, though it turned all floral and my skin ate the cake. I'm not surprised, I eat cake any way I can. I am really bummed because I love the cake. But I'll try again during a dif part of my cycle.

You might have to let it settle again before trying it. The floral aspect was very strong the first time for me but then recently I wore it and it was more gourmand.

You might have to let it settle again before trying it. The floral aspect was very strong the first time for me but then recently I wore it and it was more gourmand.

Okay, I'm dumb. Do you mean let it settle in the bottle or on my skin?

• 8 months later...

I finally found a floral note that works on me. I love this blend. It is so simple, but smells so good on my skin. Daisy is such a mild floral. Daisy blended with the vanilla sugar notes smells like a delicious cupcake on my skin. I only have a sample right now, but a full bottle purchase is a must.

• 8 months later...

Are there any more spray bottles of this?

I tried it this morning and really liked it!

Bummer. Oh well, at least I have a roll on.

Any other similar ones I should keep an eye out for? Dominant with the vanilla but with a slight flower of some sort?

I've been reading the reviews on that one and it does smell good but for some reason I'm hesitant on some of the notes. I'll list it as a potential :)

Otherwise I'll just hold out, and use what I got and wait to see what wonderful stuff ya'll bring out.

I just got a bunch of perfumes (yay, love tradepost) so I'm good for awhile unless there's something that I fall in love with. I've got a crush on Whoopsie

Daisy Cake, but I'll just emotionally prepare for it to be a fling so I'm not crushed when it's all gone :)

• 4 months later...

LPMP BELOVEDS: PREPARE YOUR MOUTHS TO SAY "TYVEY, YOU ARE CRAZY."

I was at a show this afternoon and dude in seat next to me arrived late (sat during performance) AND left before intermission and never came back, wtf.

Ok here's the crazy part. I'm 10000% certain he was wearing whoopsy daisycake. Slathered in it. And he smelled friigggggin fantastic beyond words.

So menfolks, try this. Womenfolks, try this on yer menfolks.

LPMP BELOVEDS: PREPARE YOUR MOUTHS TO SAY "TYVEY, YOU ARE CRAZY."

I was at a show this afternoon and dude in seat next to me arrived late (sat during performance) AND left before intermission and never came back, wtf.

Ok here's the crazy part. I'm 10000% certain he was wearing whoopsy daisycake. Slathered in it. And he smelled friigggggin fantastic beyond words.

So menfolks, try this. Womenfolks, try this on yer menfolks.

Wow! I shall get this one for my roomie...think I saw this on someone's tradepage but I may be too late already.

• 2 months later...

Ran out the door and needed something feminine and a little conservative (or more conservative than my normal) for underarm protection so decided to give whoopsie daisy cake a whirl.

6ish hours mostly in 100+ degree heat in a dark cotton long sleeve shirt (I don't know what I was thinking.) Lots of sweat. No smell. Normally there's a buildup of sweat/bacteria/cotton that can start to smell a bit after a few hours. It could be that I was just sweating so much that it was too wet for the bacteria to start stinking.

However, when I got home and hopped in the shower, I sniffed my cotton shirt really closely and all I got was clean if damp cotton and a nice light vanilla daisy smell.

Two thumbs up. Will happily try again for a normal longevity test.