Saturday Night Special

Invidiana

AD-SatNiteSpec_.jpg

Saturday Night Special

You know that girl…the life of every party, every form of temptation, looking to get a little crazy. She likes her cars fast and her music loud…up all night, sleep all day…it takes a real man to handle this provocative pistol!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
JAMAICAN RUM ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.
BERRIES ~ Attraction, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
COCONUT ~ Protection, purity, chastity.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
CARDAMOM ~ Lust, love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First of all, love the Slaughter reference in the description. That's my kind of music! :D The scent does it every bit of justice too; I love my sweet boozy stuff, and this does not disappoint in the least. Yum coconut rum, reminds me very much of Malibu which is a weakness of mine. Of course as if that wasn't enough, on the drydown the sweet-tart zing of red berries comes through along with subtle spice, all on a bed of creamy vanilla and sensual warm musk which I'm guessing to be skin musk; it isn't a smutty musk but more like the essence of heated skin. Deeeeeelish!

Ah yes, I am always a sucker for the quasi-tropical ones. This one reminds me slightly of Pirate Bumbo, one of my favorite boat-drink scents. Soft and boozy with a passing breeze of fruity coconut.

This is more of a Sunday afternoon after the Saturday night, lying by the pool under a palm tree, nursing a hangover with a whipped-cream topped, umbrella wearing, cocorum concoction that the hot bartender was nice enough to spot you.

As well he should after the night before....

As well he should after the night before....

I told ya, the girl's a pistol! :)

*edit*

This is my kind of summer scent; as Pony pointed out, from the same family as Pirate Bumbo. But for me this is decidely less boozy. The coconut is nice, it's just this side of suntan oil, the creaminess isn't really present on the drydown. Actually, it's mostly coconut and a vague fruity sweetness...and I'll have to try this again come June to see if the other notes mature and stick around on me because this is the kind of thing I really do enjoy.

*edit part deux*

Okay, I get more of the whipped cream aspect in the end, with the musk. Very nice!

Edited by luna65

• 3 weeks later...

On me, this is kind of a cross between Pirate Bumbo and Summer of sin.....very nice, but my skin drank it within a matter of 30 minutes....<sigh>

• 2 weeks later...

This did smell exactly like Malibu wet.....but thankfully it mellowed into a tropical sweetness during the dryout. It's nice. I just don't know if it's me....

So, I tried this again today. I really think I like this one, the boozy Malibu scent only lasts about 5 mins on me, then it mellows into creamy coconut skin musk & drys out into sweet vanilla.

I may have to buy a full bottle of this one.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is so yummmy..... Thick creamy coconut candy!!!! Itz delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can imagine this doing really well in an unscented cream!!!! Might actually give that i go!!!! :(:D:D:D:D

• 1 month later...

Wow, this one smells good! Coconut, rum and a hint of citrus. I got a small sample and I was surprised about this fantastic scent, because just from the description of the ingredients I thought: it's not for me....but now it will definately be one of my favourite perfumes, a light sweet summer scent, a fruity breeze of coconut coctails at the beach... I need a full bottle!

• 2 months later...

Like everyone said, this smells like a coconut-based cocktail. The coconut is truly creamy and delicious!

It starts off as a spicy pina colada scent, then it softens into a fruity tropical musk. It's very laid back and relaxing to me - it would be perfect for a lazy summer afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

My new signature scent! The scent just screams my personality, and the name helps. I love the Jamaican Rum smell, reminds me of beach parties and the berries, coconut, and vanilla are like the yummiest dessert.

It lasts for a long time too and I can use it for every occasion. I can't get enough, and neither can my guy! (And his friends, to his displeasure) Be warned, this scent is guaranteed to get you noticed.

• 2 years later...

On me this opens as berries with a hint of fruitiness and coconut. Also I smell some kind of sugar that is not sweet, if it makes any sense. Very balanced and lovely scent for daytime. I don't really pick the rum there, or perhaps it's what I think as fruitiness.

After couple hours berries start fading and are replaced by delicious vanilla with musk, making the scent quite different from where it starts, but still absolutely great.

The only problem with this one is that it does not last long on me. I don't mind to reapply though.

• 4 weeks later...

Oooooh-hohooooo....I get that coconut berried rum right off the top.

This one is going to be go-to nommiliciousnous for me. As time went on the berriness settled and the creaminess of the vanilla was more noticeable. I'm a foodie and this one is a definite winner right out of the bottle! Definitely slather worthy :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I really like this... but I get straight up pineapple with something a little nutty/spicy on the edge. I have it in a sample so I know it's aged since it's release... still quite yummy even though it smells very different to me than what earlier reviewers say... and true to (my lovely unpredictable chemistry) form pineapple is NOT one of the ingredients. I had hoped I'd get the coconut (as I am a coconut ho) but nada.

Oh, and I don't drink a lot of fruity rum, pineapple drinks so I don't think my brain is converting the rum into this pineapple-thang. I'm not complaining though... this is still very lovely though not at all what I expected.

Edited by LoveStruck55

• 5 months later...

I received a full bottle of this as a free gift this month. Thank you!!! It was such a great surprise! ?

In the bottle, this is boozy smelling with coconut, and berries and this is what it was like when I first put this on. Once it started to dry down, it develops into more of a musk but there is this perfumey aspect to it as well.

I love when scents bring up memories for me and this perfume did just that. It brought me way back to a time, years ago, before I was even of legal drinking age and my bf at the time worked at a metal bar. We went to a lot of after partys. (I may have had a little bit of a wild streak.) This scent reminded me of this specific time period. I'm not sure if there was a perfume that people were wearing at that had similar notes in it, or if it was the Malibu being consumed in great quantities, or if maybe the description of this brought these memories up. All I know is that I'm really loving this scent and loving my adventure down memory lane. Thank you again for the generous gift! :)

Edited by tink333

I received this as a free gift too. I really like it, I think I'll get a lot of use from it this summer. I get major pineapple from this... How is pineapple not a note here? I'm reminded of summer days, drinking tons of passion fruit rum and pineapple juice. It's sweet, coconutty and settles into the prettiest sunny musk. I can't wait to wear this on a summer day at the lake!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm wearing this today because it's Saturday and I felt like something reminiscent of Summer. While out on an adventure (running random errands) with my SO, the classic rock station we were listening to played Saturday Night Special by Lynyrd Skynyrd. What?! I was wearing Saturday Night Special while listening to Saturday Night Special on a Saturday? It made me laugh! :).

I like this one a lot. It's a fun and carefree kind of a scent. It has this edgy feel to it too, like a hint of excitement and adventure. And on a side note, I was told I was driving too fast. The description of this does mention something about fast cars. Just saying.

Edited by tink333

• 2 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

I really like this one. It's very sweet and creamy. I love how the berries stand out on my skin.