GITANA

Dolly

This "feels" a bit smoky to me, and I'm amping the coffee a bit too much for my liking. I like the smell of coffee, but I don't want to actually smell like coffee. Given all the love this seems to be getting elsewhere I am happy to trade it away to someone who will appreciate it more :)

Just a suggestion.....always give these scents more than one try.....diet, stress, and hormonal changes during the month can all make a difference in how a scent may or may not react with your skin!

Odd, I get no coffee, just lots of lovely incenses & maybe some resins...

yup, and if the coffee were more prominent too

Strange, but I guess I have a tendency to amp coffee smells. Isn't it always the way that we amp the smell we don't like? :(

I will never learn. Indian attars and I are mortal enemies and yet I insanely keep trying things that have them. I BARELY touched the tip of the vial wand to my skin with this. Instantly surrounded by planet-sized cloud of attar, want to die.* But in about 10 minutes it "burned off" and is purring, creamy, dense, like a dessert, with the sandalwood acting almost like an infused flavoring, you know, like rose water scented rice pudding. It reminds me a lot of midnight cravings now. I have gotten no coffee at any point.

* I also managed to accidentally get some in my mouth during this stage, which also made me want to die. It would be hard to overstate how bad it tastes. My tongue is still buzzing.

Edited by tyvey

I want to smell like a gypsy. I really do. This on me smells like a gypsy man that is laying down hot asphalt and then all of a sudden the tires burned into plastic puddles ~ with every single incense shop in the world sprinkled on top.

No coffee, no vanilla, no sexy. This is all hot burning asphalt incense.

wow this smells really good on me..I smell vanilla and almost sweet carmalized sugars with resins and beautiful incenses.Once it dries, I get the hints of coffee..

mmm beautiful for fall! and Im so happy I have a bottle on the way.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just wondering, are you sure it was Gitana you were wearing? Because there's no apricot note in that one that I know of.

My sample says Gitana and I tried it on again today for work and I still get the Apricot as the first thing I smell... I purchased the sample from LP on my first order so I'm hoping this is what a full bottle will smell like

It's difficult to say, it might actually smell like that on you. But you're the one who likes dark resin scents, right? I think you would like Gitana, it's another one similar to the scent you wanted.

It's difficult to say, it might actually smell like that on you. But you're the one who likes dark resin scents, right? I think you would like Gitana, it's another one similar to the scent you wanted.

Yes, I'm the one that loves dark resiny scents... so I figure if I purchase this and it does not smell this way, I can put it up for sale....thanks for all of the great info...

• 4 weeks later...

This is the most wonderful powdery incense on me. Not powder as in baby powder, which I don't like, but the kind of dry rooty powderiness that I usually associate with orris root. Maybe it's a kind of sandalwood? And I love the sweetness. Someone I had a crush on gave me some a gift of sweet musk incense when I was 11 or 12 and I burned it often, which my parents weren't happy with but they didn't forbid it. This scent brings that memory back. I don't get much coffee or clove. I'll need to save up so I can boost this with something appropriate like Bang.

• 1 month later...

wow this smells really good on me..I smell vanilla and almost sweet carmalized sugars with resins and beautiful incenses.Once it dries, I get the hints of coffee..

mmm beautiful for fall! and Im so happy I have a bottle on the way.

Tanya, we're scent twins with Gitana, and I mean *completely*!!! She's warm and exotic and sweet and incensey and I JUST LOVE HER to itty bitty pieces!!!!! *pant* *swoon* I need a full bottle. Or two.

Squeeeee! :w00t::burning-heart::w00t:

I love love love Gitana.....got two full bottles.......rich incense on me.....my skin does BEAUTIFUL things with resins......

i bang!ed this! Do it! It's amazing!

Now that I know what an intense self-effect I get from Bang!, I'll probably hold off. Can't walk around severely horny when I have no SO.

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to adore this. I did! As a flamenco dancer especially! But it was actually so off, I can't even sniff the bottle happily! I think the smoke/coffee are too much for me....

I do all the time lol, makes me feel alive :)

I'm afraid I'll jump inappropriate people, like the guy I have a crush on but who I know has a girlfriend. And I don't want to embarass him.

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 1 year later...

Ahh, this is so depressing, everyone's getting some kind of sexy incense and I'm getting smoky barbecue in the sample, then bacon and bubblegum on my skin. Clearly... not for me...

As it dries I get occasional whiffs of vanilla, and they are nice, but they're not enough to save this. Damn.

• 1 year later...

On paper this one looked right up my alley. On me it has a sharp medicinal quality which never really mellowed--maybe the benzoin? It skews masculine to me and brings to mind...aftershave, maybe? On a guy I think this would be very nice, strong and sensual.

Edited by Patchjulie