Beccah

AD-EBILish_LovePotion.jpgFirst off, I LOVE THIS KITTY!!! Whew. Needed to get that off my chest. :heart:

'Kayso, when I first wore this--along with a gazillion others because I have NO control--I thought, "Oh! It's a nice vanilla." So I set it aside and have been wearing the other ones.

HOWEVER...today I'm giving it a good run on its own and it's MUCH more than just a "nice vanilla!" This is rich and deep stuff, my friends!

In the vial I *swear* EBIL-ish smells like eggnog when I've mixed rum and brandy into it! Hee!!! When it hits my skin, though, the vanillas come out to play and I don't really smell like a Flammable Cup of Good Cheer. B) I'm *not* amping the spices, and for that matter I'm not picking them out separately. What they're doing is enriching the vanillas so that they smell warm and golden. Or...umm...more warm and golden than they already are! :) I think the spices are helping sweeten this, and the musks are giving it a sexy kick. The musks did that thing where I stopped dead, said "Is there musk in here?!" and went to check the scent notes upthread. EBIL-ish has an allure that plain ol' nice vanilla doesn't achieve. I keep huffing myself. This has me in some pretty odd positions, if you don't mind my saying so.

On long drydown the spices show themselves in a beautifully subtle way. I'm glad they showed up a little more! And you know what? Snoofing this makes me feel like I'm eating a really good caramel. I always suck on them and roll them around in my mouth and make them melt on my tongue. No chewing allowed. This perfume feels just like that, with any and all inferences included. Heh.

:burning-heart: The extreme drydown on this is foody, sexy, deep, golden, sweet, warm, slightly spicy glowing nomminess. I keep snoofing myself and it makes me see sunlight shining through a piece of jewelry-grade amber or dark golden topaz or some such. I need a full bottle ASAP because I'm going to use up my sample soon!

Based on some of the positive reviews here, especially Mcreepers, I decided to sample this. This scent loves me. I have gotten so many compliments just wearing my sample that I now must go order a full bottle. And yes, it has amazing staying power too. I agree with those who posted about how well this would work with other scents. I'm already layering it. Goes well with LP Black, Mara's Rocket Fuel, so far. *runs off to the order pages*

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I still have about 3/4 of my bottle of Carpe Noctem, which sold out pretty quickly if memory serves. Ebil-ish isn't quite the same--if anything, it strikes me as a bit smoother. It's rocking that dark, wicked vanilla thing. If I'd run out of Carpe Noctem, I could definitely live with this as a substitute. And . . . this may be complete heresy . . . but I think I actually prefer it.

I'd like to do an experiment wearing each long-term and see how the scent holds up over a few hours. In the meantime, though, I'm pretty happy with the little black kitty.

How well would Ebil-ish take a cops boost?

Vanilla takes cops beautifully. As a rule most of the fruity, resinous, & sweet scents cover cops well.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

GAH! Who bought up the 15 bottles of Ebil-ish that were sitting there forever? I checked earlier this week & there were 7 bottles... Was just about to order one boosted with cops & now it's gone. What a burn! :( Boo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ack!!!! I just came to comment on how beautifully this has aged. I'm finally, finally getting a teeny bit more spice than I was previously and was considering getting a bottle, but i see it's gone!!! Well...I will cherish my sample and place it in the vault. I don't have to wear much at all, anyway, to be deliciously scented.

• 2 weeks later...

Did we owe anyone a bottle of this? Please let me know if you were turned away when you tried to order last.

We thought this was all gone but just did an inventory and found some more.

We've got 5 bottles and 3 trial vials.

:)

Mara -- if no one is owed the three trial vials, may I swoop and scoop?? Thankyouthankyou!! :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who reserved a bottle of this one, you can include it in with your New Release orders....just use the GC option to pay for it or ask me for an invoice. I saved aside one for each of you who posted above, and two for MC. Thanks!

Ack! And I just placed another order before seeing this! I'll add my two sample vials to my next order as an add-on. Thank you!!

• 3 weeks later...

Cinnamonmel, if it is alright with Mara and you really want the bottle, you may have the one being held for me. I'm experiencing a rough day and I find that doing something nice for someone else helps me feel better.

Edited by Chaionlife

• 1 month later...

I am so glad that I finally landed a bottle of this. Initially, this was a wonderful, vanilla soap scent on me. But it has aged well. i'm getting more and more spice with it, and it is rich, yet light on my skin. Still think a dude could wear it, too!!

• 1 year later...

So, I dug up my old sample of this, since the 2014 is out, I wanted to revisit it before I made my purchase. This is going very soapy-clean vanilla on me. It's almost unisex. I really like it! If the one released with this years Weenies is a close rebrew, I'll be needing a bottle!

It's such a snuggly scent! I just wanted to add, I have a Lavanilla Pure Vanilla deodorant that smells exactly like this. Which is a good thing! It smells fantastic!

Edited by hearts

Should have just gone FB on the 2014 version along with my sampler. I put on the tank I wore to bed last night and it still reeks of the little bit I wore of the old version last night and IT IS TO DIE FOR.

Is it more vanilla or more spicey on skin? I so much want if it's uber uber vanilla, but ya know how I feel about fall spices (can't help it.. :Emoticons04284: )

No fall spices for you BG?! Oh noes!!!! Well this is dark vanilla not like Occos vanilla. Now I don't know what makes it more dark and syrupy maybe that's what's "boozy". I can't see the notes in this because I am on my phone but I am sure there is bourbon something in this right? I don't know...I am getting quite a bit of the chai spices....you better get a sample though!

Eta: oh wow! No bourbon! Ok...didn't know there was black musk in here...that must be it. I was surprised about the no bourbon...all those different vanilla extracts come out like that I guess.

Just huffing off my shirt from last night....this stuff clings.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

Is it more vanilla or more spicey on skin? I so much want if it's uber uber vanilla, but ya know how I feel about fall spices (can't help it.. :Emoticons04284: )

I haven't tried Ebil-ish yet, but if it doesn't end up being your cup of tea, you should try Sugared Vanilla Bean for a good boozy extract-like vanilla that has no spices at all. :) I just love it!

I haven't tried Ebil-ish yet, but if it doesn't end up being your cup of tea, you should try Sugared Vanilla Bean for a good boozy extract-like vanilla that has no spices at all. :) I just love it!

OMG M - can you imagine it alone or layered with LP Black or NOLA?? Adding Sugared Vanilla Bean to my list. By April maybe I'll be able to have a full lot, still playing catch up on others. Thanks for tip bc something else to look forward to.

It would be like super uber drooling drizzling decadent luscious vanilla.... :Emoticons04235:

OMG M - can you imagine it alone or layered with LP Black or NOLA?? Adding Sugared Vanilla Bean to my list. By April maybe I'll be able to have a full lot, still playing catch up on others. Thanks for tip bc something else to look forward to.

It would be like super uber drooling drizzling decadent luscious vanilla.... :Emoticons04235:

IDK that I'd layer it with Nola. They are both Vanilla scents ( lots going on in their own right) but on my skin, very different.

I love Ebil-ish & can't believe I never reviewed it. My original bottle has aged nicely, but not changed radically. It's a foody'ish scent to me. It walks the line IMO, between foody & perfumy.

On me, this is as described "the dark side of vanilla". A smooth dark vanilla, kissed by a really nice Clove EO. I generally amp spices but here the clove is present but not screaming loud, not intrusive at all. The Egyptian & Black musks are also present and on me, disernable and mysteriously dark~ish. I think it's the Egyptian musk that almost gives just a touch of an exotic cleanish feel. It's balancing out the black musk. It's a well balanced blend for me, all around.

I get just a touch of the chai spices.

A smooth dark, musky, vanilla kissed with dark-ish spices. I love it.

Not expecting it to show up again, I had recently bought a back up off the trades. Well, now I can go ahead and slather. :)

I ordered a FB of this with my sampler. It will be fun to compare the NR to my orig bottle.

Edited by StacyK