GITANA

Dolly

AD-Gitana-LovePotion.jpg?v=7516fd43adaa

Gitana

Much had been whispered of them...some things even spoken out loud, though in hushed voices, as if imparting a secret perhaps not meant for all to hear. The ones who kept to themselves, their wagons bright as they traveled through the countryside, preferring to stay just out of the reach of civilization... An exotic and mysterious persona crafted in a richly resinous tapestry... precious Indian attars are entwined with the delights of benzoin, vanilla, and a drop of black coffee extract, smoothed with sandalwood and lightly spiced with clove.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
SANDALWOOD-BASED ATTARS (woods and florals) ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac.
Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies
COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH WOW. I really like this one!

It is mysterious, yet smooth.....for those of you who don't care for darker scents, try this! It is darker, but not overwhelmingly so. I get vanilla, sandalwood, and clove.....it is absolutely breathtaking on my skin.....will update as it wears.....

This one SORT of reminds me of somewhere between Constant Craving and Midnight Cravings......not exactly like either, but a very similar FEEL.....

OH WOW. I really like this one!

It is mysterious, yet smooth.....for those of you who don't care for darker scents, try this! It is darker, but not overwhelmingly so. I get vanilla, sandalwood, and clove.....it is absolutely breathtaking on my skin.....will update as it wears.....

This one SORT of reminds me of somewhere between Constant Craving and Midnight Cravings......not exactly like either, but a very similar FEEL.....

OK, I think I really need another one of these!

As promised, here's the full text of the vignette which I wrote to accompany the description for Gitana. Although I used a term which normally refers to a certain Nomadic group it's not meant to refer to them, this is all fictional and merely meant to accompany and reflect the mood of the fragrance itself.

Much had been whispered of the Travellers...some things even spoken out loud, though in hushed voices, as if imparting a secret perhaps not meant for all to hear. The ones who kept to themselves, their wagons bright as they travelled through the countryside, preferring to stay just out of the reach of civilization. Their needs and their desires different from those in the towns which dotted this enchanted land, for some of those enchantments lie in the wild places, the places few had ever tread. Their music could be heard upon the wind, always late upon a summer night, when the stars blazed within the velvet of the sky and the moon hung low and glowing. A song which seemed so very unrefined and yet irresistable to hear. A song which made one want to dance in the darkness, whirling about with no thought to actual steps, merely a movement which took hold like a voracious lover claimed another, a passionate heat flushing the skin entire. And, just as the throes of passion subsided with fulfillment, did one collapse upon a bed when the dance was through, and sleep till long after dawn stained the sky.

One knew when the Travellers were near, for the air would be filled with a scent which promised all manner of grand adventures and revelations, and some folk would warily approach the encampment to seek these things, to claim a treasure known only to them. Those they met possessed an uncanny beauty: dark of hair and of eyes, graceful and long-limbed with skin like late-summer honey. In their very solitude they entranced all who found their way to them, requesting the aid of their many arts. For they were diviners, and soothsayers, and artisans, and chamers of many kinds. One look into amber eyes and all would be known to a Traveller: they would offer what they could in exchange for a story...a story of a life they would never know, nor care to. But fascination runs both ways.

They lure us. Their music...and that strange intoxicating perfume upon the wind. Some of us follow them, at a discreet distance. We follow to experience once more that euphoria of the very first time we see ourselves reflected in a Traveller's eyes. But that person we see...has been forever changed.

This is definitely going on my full-bottle list!!

I had just a second of sharpness about 1 minute after application, but now it's smooooooooth!! I adore anything sandalwood, and this is a soft, sweet, light sandalwood. It reminds me of Soul Food, without the spicy notes. Definitely a cousin of Constant Craving. The coffee note seems to add a lightly earthy feel. I actually smelled the coffee only in the first few seconds after application, now it's just a feeling. Non-foody vanilla, for those that like it!!

This is the perfect warm-weather scent for us dark, resiny lovers!!

This is the perfect warm-weather scent for us dark, resiny lovers!!

I agree, most definitely!

OK, 2 hours later and this has worn so beautifully!! It's sweeter and almost edible, but in a not-foody way. Hard to pin it down, but the sandalwood is the most beautiful of all the sandalwood's I've ever smelled!! The clove is so intricately melded that I can't really pick it out, but it's there. It's all I can do not to place an order right this minute!!

No clove-amping for me! *runs around* No cardamom-blasting! *leaps* This is just smoky, resinous goodness that settles down to reveal its sensuous side of coffee, vanilla and benzoin. I am so, so glad I get plenty of the vanillic aspects swirling through the resins, as well as the coffee I'd been crossing my fingers for. When I saw that there was "a drop" of coffee in the description I was afraid it would disappear, but it definitely hangs on. I think this is turning into a bottle.

SANDALWOOD-BASED ATTARS (woods and florals) ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies

COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.

This was the FIRST one I ordered from the new releases and the first one I tried of course. Now I got spice for sure at first, then thought I smelled coffee or chocolate. And it was just "okay" for me. Almost smoky. Then the clove amped and something else: not sure but possibly the benzoin gave it an almost medicinal scent. After a couple hours it smelled very masculine on me. I'm thinking maybe I can't wear attars? I think attars are also in beyond the veil, which I can wear, but only sparingly. This one is smelling too incency on me :-( and I had such high hopes for it, (I mean come on the label has a pair of zils on it for crying out loud!) I will give this another try though. I've learned that testing 3 different times gives me a better idea.

Hmm, testing today. It's a nice scent, dries down to incense on me. I'm going to enjoy my sample, but I don't feel the need for a full bottle.

Move along, nothing to see here, what? No, you don't need this, keep on walking, nothing to buy here, cover your eyes folks, keep on movin', go right on by...

No it's not delicious sandalwoody incense with a smooth dark backing, you won't like it and should probably give it a miss. Absolutely. Not for you.

Move along, nothing to see here, what? No, you don't need this, keep on walking, nothing to buy here, cover your eyes folks, keep on movin', go right on by...

No it's not delicious sandalwoody incense with a smooth dark backing, you won't like it and should probably give it a miss. Absolutely. Not for you.

Sneaky! :lol:

This isn't the scent we're looking for? :D

This isn't the scent we're looking for?

Haha! LP Jedi mind tricks.

No, I don't want to sell any of my LPs. I need to go home and rethink next order.

I'm not really into incensey scents much lately... I thought for sure this would end up on my trade page. but... I kind of like it, esp after drydown. Soft sandalwood, vanilla, a little clove...

As promised, here's the full text of the vignette which I wrote to accompany the description for Gitana. Although I used a term which normally refers to a certain Nomadic group it's not meant to refer to them, this is all fictional and merely meant to accompany and reflect the mood of the fragrance itself.

Much had been whispered of the Travellers...some things even spoken out loud, though in hushed voices, as if imparting a secret perhaps not meant for all to hear. The ones who kept to themselves, their wagons bright as they travelled through the countryside, preferring to stay just out of the reach of civilization. Their needs and their desires different from those in the towns which dotted this enchanted land, for some of those enchantments lie in the wild places, the places few had ever tread. Their music could be heard upon the wind, always late upon a summer night, when the stars blazed within the velvet of the sky and the moon hung low and glowing. A song which seemed so very unrefined and yet irresistable to hear. A song which made one want to dance in the darkness, whirling about with no thought to actual steps, merely a movement which took hold like a voracious lover claimed another, a passionate heat flushing the skin entire. And, just as the throes of passion subsided with fulfillment, did one collapse upon a bed when the dance was through, and sleep till long after dawn stained the sky.

One knew when the Travellers were near, for the air would be filled with a scent which promised all manner of grand adventures and revelations, and some folk would warily approach the encampment to seek these things, to claim a treasure known only to them. Those they met possessed an uncanny beauty: dark of hair and of eyes, graceful and long-limbed with skin like late-summer honey. In their very solitude they entranced all who found their way to them, requesting the aid of their many arts. For they were diviners, and soothsayers, and artisans, and chamers of many kinds. One look into amber eyes and all would be known to a Traveller: they would offer what they could in exchange for a story...a story of a life they would never know, nor care to. But fascination runs both ways.

They lure us. Their music...and that strange intoxicating perfume upon the wind. Some of us follow them, at a discreet distance. We follow to experience once more that euphoria of the very first time we see ourselves reflected in a Traveller's eyes. But that person we see...has been forever changed.

LUNA. This is beautiful.

I've still got goosebumps! GODS!!! "But that person we see...has been forever changed." :heart:

As for the rest of y'all, I'M SOLD. I need me some Gitana. B)

I think this is a fairly unisex scent, maybe you'd like this one. You can draw a moustache on the lady on the label.

:lol: I agree.

This is definitely patchouli, but it feels and almost smells like sandalwood. It has that gorgeous smoothness that sandalwood essential oil has, that I love so much. I'm a little disappointed. I was truly expecting to not like Gitana at all, but this is pretty, almost sweetly so. Perhaps I've worn so many patchouli scents over the years that I've become a little "meh" about the scent, but this would make me appreciate it all over again.

Thanks B. :wub:

It was just one of those moments when the things in my head just appeared on the screen, those are the moments I live for.

This actually reminds me somewhat of the original version of Bosom Bows - I think it's the sandalwood/attars. It goes just this side of headache-inducing on me (because sandalwood generally hates me) but I can appreciate it as a very deep and robust kind of scent, definitely "belly-dancer" which is how Mara described it to me in our discussion.

Wearing this today and while it is not really a Calii scent it is has that want to come closer and oh what IS that mmmmm kinda vibe...rich and mysterious,I definitely get the dancer feel,but 'round a Travellers campfire,of course :P

Updating my review with the drydown which surprised me by being super ambery, which gave it a more masculine feel than I was expecting, but i still like it. The late stages reminded me a lot of Brecourt Ambre Noir actually which I love but never would stump up the huge price tag for!

So glad I got two bottles! This is SUCH a beautiful scent! Dark, lush, and exotic to start, soft and warm upon drydown......LOVE LOVE LOVE! I wore it this morning, to the local grocery, and it is a REAL head-turner! I came home and applied OW afterwards (for MYSELF), but out in public with just the scent straight-up, I was getting lots of looks......even with my just-showered wet hair and no makeup......I don't think this scent would need pheros to turn people on.....it is just sexy, all by itself!

BTW, public service announcement.......I noticed there are only 16 bottles left in the cart, peeps.....you had better run and get them.......BEFORE I DO!

So glad I got two bottles! This is SUCH a beautiful scent! Dark, lush, and exotic to start, soft and warm upon drydown......LOVE LOVE LOVE! I wore it this morning, to the local grocery, and it is a REAL head-turner! I came home and applied OW afterwards (for MYSELF), but out in public with just the scent straight-up, I was getting lots of looks......even with my just-showered wet hair and no makeup......I don't think this scent would need pheros to turn people on.....it is just sexy, all by itself!

BTW, public service announcement.......I noticed there are only 16 bottles left in the cart, peeps.....you had better run and get them.......BEFORE I DO!

see its these types of reviews that make me panick to get a bottle! I didnt even get a sample yet..lol ok... I will add this to my cart..darn it.

see its these types of reviews that make me panick to get a bottle! I didnt even get a sample yet..lol ok... I will add this to my cart..darn it.

You neeeeeeed this one! Trust me!!

Am I the only person who doesn't check bottles remaining??! Is this why I miss stuff?!

Am I the only person who doesn't check bottles remaining??! Is this why I miss stuff?!

I occasionally check the ones that I REALLY like......

• 2 weeks later...

I have discovered that I can't apply this one the way I do others - I can't slather it. It's too strong. But if I make, say, a couple inch stripes in my cleavage I have all I need, all day! It has staying power! Wub, wub, WUB!

I have discovered that I can't apply this one the way I do others - I can't slather it. It's too strong. But if I make, say, a couple inch stripes in my cleavage I have all I need, all day! It has staying power! Wub, wub, WUB!

It certainly does have staying power! I have two bottles, and I think that is all I will need, as it doesn't take much! Love it though.....it is a gorgeous, deeeeeeep rich scent!

This "feels" a bit smoky to me, and I'm amping the coffee a bit too much for my liking. I like the smell of coffee, but I don't want to actually smell like coffee. Given all the love this seems to be getting elsewhere I am happy to trade it away to someone who will appreciate it more :)