Summer Crush

Beccah

AD-SummerCrush_1.jpg

Summer Crush

What would Summer be without an icy glass of fresh-squeezed lemonade? Too hot, that’s what! And because we dream up the best ways to beat the heat, here’s another of our recipes for refreshment: a strawberry-rose version of that light and bright delight, we stir together three strawberry accords with a blend of baby pink roses and fresh-cut rose stems into a pitcher of pink sugar-sweetened lemonade. A sweet mellow patchouli provides the base of our totally cute quaff for the seasonal swelter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
ROSE ~
Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

• 2 weeks later...

Very bright scent, and lasts a long time! I can't say it stays citrusy all the way, it almost smells a bit like wet earth after a while, similar to Haunted Hollows, but not as strong, and much brighter and summery. To me, this is very close to a unisex scent, but maybe it's just my skin. I love it, but I already have 2 bottles of Haunted Hollows.

This smells quite masculine on me. When I get my NR'S I do blind testing. I close my eyes and dab without looking so I can't make the scent into what it should be (hence the banana I got in CottonCandy Clouds instead of watermelon!!!) I absolutely thought this was the men's one of the collection! It's sharp on me. Now what I know what it is I cAn pick out the berry but not the lemonade at all. Sharp and not really working for me. Especially after being plunged into the peace of the Cotton Candy one this is just a little too much for me right now. Will revisit!

This is less sweet than Tangy Tart but it still has that icy bright fresh-squeezed lemonade aura to it, of course. For me the strawberry adds to the tartness, just bolstering the lemon. The rose accord is sort of drifting on top, as if I were drinking a glass of lemonade while standing by a vase of roses, or something. I like how it's interwoven into the other notes; in the drydown I get more of the pink lemonade aspect.

In the vial, I can smell the rose, but on my skin, after drydown, it's mostly strawberry lemonade. The tartness stays in there, and it actually makes my mouth water when I sniff it - I must be thirsty, lol.

This is so odd. I had to look at the notes. It's definitely a Rose scent. Now that I've seen the other reviews here, I'm surprised. I totally get rose. The rose and the patchouli and almost nothing else. I'm getting a little sweetened citrus to brighten the whole of it but this is beyond a doubt a rose scent. Maybe I really amp rose or something? I'm not really getting the lemonade so much as a soft, bright rose fragrance. It's very pretty.

This literally smells "fizzy" on my skin. It's a drink someone would stick an umbrella in and say "here you go little lady", in 1962 of course.

Sweet with that splash of Rose, but the Rose is very light on my skin.

Like a drink or ice cream flavored with a splash Rose Water.

I get light berry, almost strawberry'ish. But not a big pink/red strawberry. Actually I get an actual whiff of orange too. Perhaps the Lemon blending with the berry & Rose. Interesting. Smells like a sweet, fizzy cocktail.

Wet, this was a blast of strawberry lemonade and rose. As it dried down on me, my skin strangely transformed this perfectly refreshing rosey, strawberry lemonade into a clone of an old Avon body spray that a friend of mine used to drench herself in. It was a scent that was very sweet, very cloying, and I disliked it, probably due to her intense over application of it. It was called Soft Petals, or maybe Pink Petals? I can not wear this one. Sadly, it was nice until it hit my skin. This might work really well for fans of sugary, pink scents. The label is still awesome!!! ;)

There were moments that I loved the ice cold granita feel of this, especially when the strawberry was coming out- but on the whole the type of lemon, and the sharpness of it with the rose, was a little too much for me. I bet this will mellow with aging. It kept reminding me of pizzazz, especially the rose- you can almost feel it fizzing your nose :)

My first thought when Summer Crush began morphing on my skin was "summery version of Lick of Pink." Now that the lemon has burned off completely, Summer Crush is turning into a dupe of Lick of Pink on my skin. Love, Love, Love! Must be the rose.

A bit refreshing, a bit tangy, a bit floral, a bit pink...kind of like having a strawberry lemonade on the boardwalk in Florida. The rose in this is not overwhelming; it's more of a pink rose that actually balances out the bright, sweet strawberry. There is just a hint of patchouli at the very end of the drydown; it doesn't define itself as patchouli but more of a supporting note that grounds the entire scent. The zing of this one's whole strawberry lemonade vibe is actually the only thing keeping me awake right now, because I'm that dead from partying with zombies all weekend.

I get no strawberry from this one- not as sweet like a strawberry-lemonade to my nose either. I'm getting a rose dominant scent with a bright lemon shining in the background. It's very tart, tangy and sunny; the rose is going a bit powdery as it settles on my skin. I'll enjoy my sample, but no FB for me on this one.

An unexpected love! I get so much juicy, refreshing strawberry and some lovely (youthful, summery, not at all like old potpourri) rose. The lemon keeps it all delightfully fresh but doesn't smell sharp or like furniture polish, and this is coming from someone who doesn't do citrus scents. The patchouli and sugar round things out and give Summer Crush a little something more than just you'd expect from a simple lemonade scent, or some teenaged berry-scented body spray. I think I need an FB of this.

This one goes beautifully with BAM Pink Amber, by the way.

Edited by donsie

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I get fruity roses and you really smell the rose complete with stem and flower like I just stuck my nose right in the rose’s base not just hovering over the rose. It soon gives way to a sugary strawberry lemonade. I think the patchouli is what is deepening the rose fragrance for me. I don’t know why I discounted this on an earlier sampling. It’s a lovely pairing between strawberry lemonade and rose. I'm getting a bottle in the sale!

• 2 weeks later...

I got a trial vial of this.

Now I need a full size bottle.

I swear when I open it, "We Got The Beat" from the Go-Go's started playing.

Edited by Mouse

• 4 months later...
Lemon is active at the beginning ~ toward the end of wear-time, I can't smell it. This is common to citruses I believe.

What I'm left with after all day wearing is a very soft strawberry and rose pairing, not the acidic/tangy strawberry I get at the beginning, more like the creme savers candy. Rose is apparent all the way through :D

I found myself desiring to re-apply even 6 hours later, like when I'm actually sipping on lemonade throughout the day and want another burst of lemon freshness.

I really like Summer Crush!

• 1 year later...

This starts out as a nice light floral scent. After a little while, the lemon is the strongest note, and it's lovely and sweet. I'm a sucker for citrus, and this one is yummy! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to last too long on my skin. 

• 1 month later...

Well this is delightful! At first I was a bit turned off by a note that I perceived as "sweat," which I think was probably the patchouli. It seemed a bit harsh. But on my skin, this has mellowed out into a bright, happy, REFRESHING summer scent. I had to emphasize "refreshing." If the word had a scent, this would be it. I love citrus and this does not disappoint!

Also, I must mention the label--this is the most memorable LP label, to me. Those ladies dressed up as lobsters are now firmly lodged in my brain, ever since this set came out. They make me laugh.

• 10 months later...

When I first got this, this was roses soaking in puckeringly tart pink lemonade.   Over time it’s blended together more and I’m getting more strawberry and sweetness instead of the tart rose. As it dries down the lemon fades more and the rose is less distinctively rose but blends with the rest of the scent- the dry down is my favorite part!
This is immediately evocative of hot summer days by the pool. I actually get the most wear out of this in the winter, because I use it to take my mind off the cold!