Spell Potion Collection 2023!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/10/2023 at 12:04 PM, Potion Master said:

Ok! :D

These coins are relatively thin reproductions by the way, and we get them via the Catholic church.

The story goes something like this...

Jesus witnesses the treasury taking money from the populace, everyone is expected to pay two coins. He becomes incensed because the 2 coins are all an old widow woman has, yet to the rich people, two coins are nothing. It calls out hypocrisy and inequity, and encourages fairness on an institutional level.

From Wiki:

These coins are usually sold or given in pairs to reflect the above biblical story. But a separate tradition has grown out of this as well. The tradition seems mainly to be in Latin countries, and it involves the giving of two of these coins, or sometimes an entire bag full of them, from a husband to a wife on their wedding day. The ritual signifies, that the husband pledges to be the money maker of the household, and promises in turn to hand over and entrust his earnings to his wife, in order for her to be the manager of the household. This is usually done during the wedding celebration for all to witness.

And there you go, thank you for asking!

Thank you Mara! For telling me the story about these coins! 
And for explaining everything else too I appreciate it!

Mara, you outdid yourself again!  I like that you gave us so much detail and history. Pendulums and how they are use was especially interesting.  AND I personally love the one you’re wearing! I’m like “ooh I want that because of the little bird”  :heart:  (I understand this is yours, not one you’re selling).  It’s beautiful. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Potion Master, thank you for all of the information you provided about mojo bags, keys, and coins. I really enjoyed learning about this and it inspired me to  create my own mojo bag, that includes:

3 small bronze keys (left over from a harry potter baby shower I threw)

1 Saint Jude Coin

1 Guardian Angel Coin (I'm obsessed with angels)

1 Saint Benedict Coin

1 Olive Wood Caring Cross (small & fits in the palm of your hand to relieve fears, worries and stress)lottery scratch coin

1 Chinese Mythical Dragon I Lottery Ticket Scratcher  

I'm carrying the small bag in my purse and touching it daily to to draw forth opportunities. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!! So I'm not seeing any spray option for these and it says on page one of this thread that there would be? I'd love to get a couple of them in sprays. Will they still go up? Or should I invoice them? Thanks!! 

11 hours ago, cheeseburger79 said:

Hi guys!! So I'm not seeing any spray option for these and it says on page one of this thread that there would be? I'd love to get a couple of them in sprays. Will they still go up? Or should I invoice them? Thanks!! 

Hi Cheezy!

I took them down because the stock got very low very fast, and that wasn't a popular option. Most of them will still be available as a spray, yes ask for an invoice. The ones that are not are: Triple Goddess, and Look Me Over.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Because this set sold out very fast, I rebrewed a bunch of them so everything is now back in stock. There's only one of them that changed a little due to having to sub ingredients, and that is Look Me Over, which now has to be shaken. Everything else should be as close as hand blending can make it. Thanks for loving this set everyone! We love you too! ❤️

It is a lovely set, Mara. Btw, the mystery box arrived, and it is fab! Thank you, and thank anyone who got in on choosing and lovingly packing all the goodies. You know me so well. Sending oodles of love and big hugs! 💞

19 hours ago, oceanjewel said:

Did Wealth Tonic sell out again? It says sold out on the site...

A bunch got ordered over the weekend. I refilled the cart. Thanks so much for calling my attention to that!

5 hours ago, Potion Master said:

A bunch got ordered over the weekend. I refilled the cart. Thanks so much for calling my attention to that!

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 5:04 PM, Darbla said:

I probably waited too late, but are any full sets (samples or bottles) still available?  I don't see those options on the site.

It was mentioned here in this thread, but it’s not there now. I’d just call the shop if I were you!