The Private Editions are Ready!!! Sept 2023

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chiming in on my first PEs ever.  Two very different ideas:

#1 SirenSong's Blackberry Smoke - name taken from a small-time Southern Rock band still in existence but obviously for Jimi Hendrix.  I was going for a blackberry incense.  It was inspired by a Jimi Hendrix photo that Mara could not use because it was licensed.  It was a pic of him smiling while he was blowing smoke from a cigarette.  She did several reiterations on the label for me. I described it as a "purple haze all through your brain".  

Blackberry:
I need this to be the primary note and sweet. I need it to last.  I find that sometimes when a Mulberry or Boysenberry note is added, the Blackberry lasts longer
Dragon’s Blood:
I guess I want the “cherryish type” to keep with the sweet fruit
Incense:
Either Patchouli or Sandalwood or that Cherry Tobacco you have I need it to smell “incensey” and I don’t even use incense because I am allergic to smoke
Woodsmoke:
This can be stabby on me sometimes, so if you could temper it somehow

Summary:
Intoxicating
Mysterious
Sensual
Feminine, not unisex
Sweet
Non-stabby smokiness
Not too cannabis-like
Like a fortune-teller engulfed in intoxicatingly sweet smoky blackberry 

#1 SirenSong's Richmond VA - I recently travelled to Richmond on vacation this summer.  I was enamored by the arts, food, and the city's rich history (no pun intended) along with the rapidly moving James River and the riverbank.  I decided my second different scent would be a tribute to our summer trip.  I asked Mara for what I hope is a perfect summery scent, not your basic tropical kind of scent.  And I wanted it to smell "southern".  Not deep southern, just "southern", a little bit.  And it needed lime, but not lime dessert.  Basically, a combo of all my favorite summer season scents with the flower of Virginia added in.

Cucumber:
I love this fresh scent.  There is something in the Sugared Cucumber though that makes it stabby for me, so can you temper that stabbiness?
Lime:
I love the scent of limes, like when you cut into them.  However, I really love the sweetness of lime in Sugared Limes and I would like it to be like "Sugared Limes" sweet.
Dogwood Blossoms:
I am not a big floral person, but I loooove it when you make them into Sugareds or a Fairy Cake.
Musk:
Egyptian Musk because I can only describe that musk as “dreamy”.  Second choice was white musk.  Whatever the musk, I needed it to last and give it depth.  I also wanted "creaminess" which is why I think it ended up with vanilla.

Summary of scent:
Sweet
Summery
Creamy, I’d like it to have an edible quality
Sensual
Southern belle
Long-lasting, but not too intense, though it needs depth
White and green, but not new spring fresh green, fully in bloom flower
Not stabby
Not soapy at all
Not fresh
I want the musk to be sensual, not clean
I adore your Sugared Florals, so that’s the floral I want it to be like

11 hours ago, greenappletart said:

@SirenSong I had already ordered a bottle of your blackberry smoke, but your description has me even more excited to try it!

Ooh me too! I don’t usually like incensey scents, they burn my nose and give me a sinus headache feeling, but yours sounded so lovely I just had to try it! I don’t have too many fruity scents but something about yours I kept coming back too. 

I wish we could try samples of some of these, especially the Lion and the Peacock! I only have one other scent with prickly pear and it absolutely did not work for me but I’m thinking maybe the sandalwood would temper it and I do love tuberose…plus the label is beyond gorgeous!

2 hours ago, Amanda said:

I wish we could try samples of some of these, especially the Lion and the Peacock! I only have one other scent with prickly pear and it absolutely did not work for me but I’m thinking maybe the sandalwood would temper it and I do love tuberose…plus the label is beyond gorgeous!

If there is anything left that doesn't fill a bottle, we use that for itties, and I have asked Izzy to pull a bottle each of a few of them for the same, we'll try to get them into these outgoing orders.

On 9/13/2023 at 12:24 AM, greenappletart said:

@SirenSong I had already ordered a bottle of your blackberry smoke, but your description has me even more excited to try it!

On 9/13/2023 at 11:57 AM, Amanda said:

Ooh me too! I don’t usually like incensey scents, they burn my nose and give me a sinus headache feeling, but yours sounded so lovely I just had to try it! I don’t have too many fruity scents but something about yours I kept coming back too. 

Hey, guys.  Glad you're trying it.  We'll see.  I love scents, but there's no telling what I'll be sensitive to which is why I told her what notes I have problems with and hoping her magick will make them work for me.

@greenappletart I find we reserve a lot of the same scents.  Almost to the point if I see you reserve something, I judge that I will probably like it, too!  

@Amanda I have sinus issues and migraines.  There's no telling what is going to bother me, but I'm learning.  And that's why I've never done a PE before for fear that something I created near and dear to me -- wahhhh!!!  -- I wouldn't be able to wear it!  So, we'll see.

I have such a huge box coming I think.  So much so, there is not one more single freebie I can handle.  I have everything I like!! 

Every sale I say that I am only buying a few.  LOL

On 9/9/2023 at 8:13 PM, dolphindolls2 said:

@citrine, after reading your story, it resonated with me so much...I've not been taking care of myself and gained a bunch of weight, so I'm hoping that by purchasing a bottle of this, it will allow me to pivot and get myself healthy again.  I'm so sorry that your mental health took a hit and I so hope that this beautiful blend you created will bring you joy.  I'm still loving the blend you recommended to me last year to sleep --- Feather in the Wind w/ Phero B2.2 --- This scent takes me to a place of calm and serenity when I put it on... Thank you so much for creating this blend and sharing the backstory of why you created it, I truly will treasure this bottle...

I really appreciate what you wrote here! :Hug_emoticon:

I have to tell you that, in the middle of the caos I've been lately, the one thing that helped me to take better care of me is Love Drawing potion. I went through that within a month and somehow it made me take better care of myself, watch what I eat, made myself go to bed early... Give it a try!!!!

1 hour ago, citrine said:

I really appreciate what you wrote here! :Hug_emoticon:

I have to tell you that, in the middle of the caos I've been lately, the one thing that helped me to take better care of me is Love Drawing potion. I went through that within a month and somehow it made me take better care of myself, watch what I eat, made myself go to bed early... Give it a try!!!!

@citrine, I have not tried Love Drawing Potion, I will have to try that once I go thru a few of the bottles of perfume I have

On 9/13/2023 at 2:58 PM, Potion Master said:

If there is anything left that doesn't fill a bottle, we use that for itties, and I have asked Izzy to pull a bottle each of a few of them for the same, we'll try to get them into these outgoing orders.

Thank you so much for the free samples, Mara! 💝 Some of them are of the ones I was curious about too, but I didn't want to order them in case they were too masculine on me. I just got my package today and I'm very excited to try them out!

15 minutes ago, Amanda said:

My package should be here tomorrow!! I’m so excited, I probably won’t sleep tonight just because of the anticipation and then the mailman won’t get here until 9pm🤦🏼‍♀️😂

Your Beach Sol 🏝️ smells soooo nice! I have it on my left arm right now. Speaking of excited, I did not give it time to rest!

For Private Edition reviews, do we need to wait for a new official review thread to be created or we could just start one? 

3 minutes ago, Kayla said:

I got my box in the mail today but I have an awful cold and my nose is so stuffy, waah! I am debating opening it and pretending I can smell or hiding the box under my bed and waiting for a few days until I (hopefully) feel better.

Hope you recover soon, Kayla! I am looking forward to reviews of your Private Editions, specifically Creme a l'Orange
and Ruby Goo. I am very interested in Dreamsicle-type scents. 😊

6 minutes ago, Onyx said:

Hope you recover soon, Kayla! I am looking forward to reviews of your Private Editions, specifically Creme a l'Orange
and Ruby Goo. I am very interested in Dreamsicle-type scents. 😊

Thank you, Onyx! ♥️

I'll be sure to post reviews once my sense of smell is back to normal. 

I just pocked my package snd tried some of the PEs. Omg they are sooo good. Donut is yummy, Bonnieshanks sexy, Peacock is flowery and bright, Rhapsodic Exotic blooms nicely into something that reminds of my trip to India… I need more hours in a day to wear everything

8 hours ago, Kayla said:

@Potion Master, can you please let me know if there are 1 or 2 bottles left of Creme a l"Orange. I would like to order it/them. Thank you! 🙂 

If you happen to rebrew, I would love a few more, too. I really love this one!

My notes say, that of the 2 reserved for you, one was shipped and one on hold, so we should still have that one for you.

Re rebrews...

I'm currently brewing the 'Weenies, friends, so no more PEs at the moment. Though this was so much fun, we shall do it again soon!

5 hours ago, Potion Master said:

My notes say, that of the 2 reserved for you, one was shipped and one on hold, so we should still have that one for you.

Re rebrews...

I'm currently brewing the 'Weenies, friends, so no more PEs at the moment. Though this was so much fun, we shall do it again soon!

Thank you, Mara! I will send an invoice in a few days, after I decide if I want to order any others. 🙂

4 hours ago, SmokingViolet said:

Oh man, I feel like I missed out but if I could order some in the future I would order. 

Peachy Pear

Cherry Bliss

Pumpkin Lavender Donut

Nighmagician’s Moonglow

Crème a l’ Orange if it comes back in stock

If it says they are available on page one, then you can still grab them! I will not put them up on the site until I program the new releases, so right now, they are still just for forum members. Send an email if you'd like to order any, and I will send you an invoice via PayPal.

~~~~~

Tomorrow, we are going to brew up a few in the shop, with our "Weekly Witches Meetup" group. If you are local, come on by! We are planning to brew from 3 pm to 8 pm.

The themes for them so far are:

1) A potion for helping get rid of bad habits and encouraging of fresh beginnings.

2) Something for attracting prosperity and plenty, in love and in money.

3) In preparation for the yearly thinning of the veil, something to open up our psychic centers so we can more clearly see, hear and communicate with the other side.

We might do as many as 5. And we are focusing on seasonal Autumnal notes for each. Come join us if you can! :)

Opened Citrine’s 11 today, it’s sooo good! It’s a heavenly fluffy almond and raspberry desert.

This is how as a child I’d imagined a New Year’s eve in a Nutcracker tale smells - sweet freshly baked desert at a beautiful house

On 9/26/2023 at 12:07 AM, Potion Master said:

If it says they are available on page one, then you can still grab them! I will not put them up on the site until I program the new releases, so right now, they are still just for forum members. Send an email if you'd like to order any, and I will send you an invoice via PayPal.

~~~~~

Tomorrow, we are going to brew up a few in the shop, with our "Weekly Witches Meetup" group. If you are local, come on by! We are planning to brew from 3 pm to 8 pm.

The themes for them so far are:

1) A potion for helping get rid of bad habits and encouraging of fresh beginnings.

2) Something for attracting prosperity and plenty, in love and in money.

3) In preparation for the yearly thinning of the veil, something to open up our psychic centers so we can more clearly see, hear and communicate with the other side.

We might do as many as 5. And we are focusing on seasonal Autumnal notes for each. Come join us if you can! :)

Aww, I wished I lived near by. Sorry for the late reply I came down with Covid. 

Most of the one's I wanted are gone so I'll wait. So for now, I saw some of Autumn/Halloween releases and they sound amazingly delicious. 

• 2 weeks later...