Backstage Pass

luna65

AD-BackstagePass__.jpg

Backstage Pass

One of Danna's Rock-and-Roll trifecta! Peach and Peony for attractiveness and love; vanilla, honey, sugar and musk for that sweet and sexy attitude that'll even get you past the mean looking bouncer by the backstage door...baby, you are in!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PEACH ~ Love, promotes fertility, happiness, abundance, marriage, longevity, wishes granted.
PEONY ~ Happy life, happy marriage.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, insatiability.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive, use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover, happiness, fulfillment.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust-inducing.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've discussed how I love gourmand florals and this is a yummy one, although how much the peony comes out for you YMMV. The peach reminds me of the peach in Kittenish, like peach juice rather than peach flesh. It makes me think of fluffy white cake with peach juice in the frosting and some kind of edible flowers on top (are peonies edible?). Like, you could get backstage if you knew your rockstar's favorite cake, heh. It's just this side of innocent...the girl looks sweet but will let him NOM NOM NOM (after he's taken a shower, lol).

I've discussed how I love gourmand florals and this is a yummy one, although how much the peony comes out for you YMMV. The peach reminds me of the peach in Kittenish, like peach juice rather than peach flesh. It makes me think of fluffy white cake with peach juice in the frosting and some kind of edible flowers on top (are peonies edible?). Like, you could get backstage if you knew your rockstar's favorite cake, heh. It's just this side of innocent...the girl looks sweet but will let him NOM NOM NOM (after he's taken a shower, lol).

I didn't get the peach at all...This one I soooo wanted to love, but sadly it is not for me. It is kinda dark and very spicy...I put mine on my trade

djac

See that's interesting because to me it's the opposite of "dark and spicy." Both G-String and Groupie are dark on me, but BP is much more soft and girly.

do you think you got a mix up djac?... well I guess you would know if you sniffed all the others...

Okay so tried it again this morning and maybe not so much dark anymore...it is however very spicy...kinda reminds me of Hotter than Hell a lil bit ( love H & H much better though), but I do get the peony smell, still not much of the peach. I don't get the yummy cake. but it is a nice scent, just not my scent I guess. LOL

I would have ended up putting this to my trade

djac

Anybody who doesn't want theirs.....I'll take it.....I don't get cake with this one....it is thick and rich on me, not as dark as I usually wear, but still very nice....like it.....want a full bottle.....BIG TIME.

Edited by Dolly

• 4 weeks later...

I wasn't sure what to expect with this one. Peach and peony are hit and miss with my skin. Honey almost always turns into a small disaster. This is wonderfully complex. It is young, hip and sexy all at the same time. The sexy is not a deep sultry kind of sexy. It is a natural appeal like you would find in a budding teenage girl who is still innocent. Almost grown up, but still innocent. That is exactly how this one feels. Wants so bad to be an adult, pushing all of the boundaries. The honey stays sweet with no turning. YEAH!

I really like this one! It's perfect for work because the scent isn't too strong but it still lasts all day. I get light florals on a sweet background, might be the honey but it's almost fruity, and there's a hint of vanilla too. It's lovely, not too girly.

• 8 months later...

I put this on this am. It seemed to make people around me quite friendly and chipper. (It has to be the perfume, because the weather is terrible!) Starting out, I would describe it as cheerful, outgoing and warm.

BUT, sadly, after a few hours, just one of the notes started to smell like a food that has gone bad. It was only the one note, and I think it must be the honey just not working on me. - I dislike the taste of honey, but wanted to try the magickal qualities :) So I guess the lesson is, listen to your tastebuds!

No one seems to notice it (or is too polite to say so).

The rest stayed fine - mostly peach and musk, very slight vanilla - it mellowed out, and maybe smelled even better as time passed. But my chemistry just swallowed the peony completely, didn't throw it at all :) I imagine for those on whom the peach and peony come out, it must be quite heady.

• 6 months later...

This is my favorite scent from LP so far. My daughter and I have sampled only a few and this one works so well with both of our skin chemistries. When wet it smells like a peach dessert, something almost cakey and creamy peach. As it dries down it matures with the peony coming through to lighten up the dessert feel but it doesn't get too light because then the musk comes through as well to give it it's edge. Dry on me, it doesn't smell like a food scent because it works so well with the other notes, not one single note stands out in particular, the notes all just mingle about, complementing each other. I feel that this can be worn anywhere, anytime. It is a warm friendly scent but at the same time can be intimate and sexy . You all did a great job at naming this LP, the sweet and innocent notes to "get backstage" in the first place and then the sexy musk scent when you finally have your way with the band backstage, it's multifaceted.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Luna suggested this one on the review page for Metamorphosis.

I really want a peaches and cream one though. This one sounds like a better match for me than

Metamorphosis (florals don't go well with me,) but still searching for one that might be more

peaches and cream without taking a risk that it'd turn floral on me.

I don't know that there is a strictly peaches-and-cream scent, to be honest. The only one I can think of that was ever constructed close to that is Shen Tao, but it has very strong floriental elements to it.

What about Empress of Persica in comparison? Saw that had a strong peach scent. Thoughts?

EoP is peach with resin, primarily. I know it has cream in it, but it doesn't come off as a peaches-and-cream scent IMO.

ETA: there's also Passion & Envy but that one is really tart on me, so again I don't get the peaches-and-cream thing from it either.

I just got a sample of this and the peach in this is really amazing. It stayed on my skin for a very long time and after about an hour I felt like I was wearing Peach Cobbler. This just morped on me beautifully and I love that this will be a perfect scent for me to wear in the spring and summer this year. I love how the musk and honey in this really ground this scent out. Peach is the most prominent note for me as I wear this and I really love Peach, so I was thrilled to get a sample of this one

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

First off, this was a gift, thank you LP!

First impressions: WOAH...then, WOW.

When I first applied I thought - Uh-oh. The peach leapt out of at me first and I immediately thought "stabby pain will follow". Then in literally 5 minutes it changed. The peony came forward and the peach took more complimentary roll. This is a skin scent to my nose. It's sweet but not foodie - even with the vanilla and peach. The musk in this is reeeeeally nice. I think this will be great in the warming/warmer weather!

• 11 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

I don't get peony much, but I get a lot of ripe peach. To me this one is very similar to Whisker Wishes 2013, first brew...