Tahitian Temptress~

KrazyKat

Tahitian Temptress constists of buttery vanilla, thick brown sugar, maple, touch of cinnamon, coconut, mango and honey.

Normally, Im not one for tropical fruity smells, but TT convinced me otherwise.

Initial application smelled similiar to high-end suntan lotion, but after about 5 minutes.. OMG, the drydown is incredible.. warm, buttery, creamy, with hints of tropical fruits :)

Cinnamon usually does acrid-pungent on my skin, but it is so subtle in this blend, I couldnt even smell it..

This is tropic sensuality at its softest and creamiest.

If you like either tropical scents or warm creamy scents, you really need to give this a go..

THANK YOU LADIES for my new perfume!

Edited by KrazyKat

Sounds nice, but I didn't get this as I'm scared of maple. It ususally amps on me and then I smell like a walking pancake.

Some might like that. Not I.

But theres so many other things in here Im still wonderin...oh, duh I get a sampler pack too. But tells me anyway. My package still isnt here!! WAHHH!

Sounds nice, but I didn't get this as I'm scared of maple. It ususally amps on me and then I smell like a walking pancake.

Some might like that. Not I.

But theres so many other things in here Im still wonderin...oh, duh I get a sampler pack too. But tells me anyway. My package still isnt here!! WAHHH!

Me too Cheeze, only maple makes me smell like a burntpancake *gack*.

But with this scent i didnt get any maple, only soft buttery coconut n mango....its very lickalicous :)

N'Kay, I was jazzed about this one. And strangely, it did the cat pee metamorphosis on me. The only note I'm unfamiliar with is cassia, so perhaps that what did it...whatever it was, it went feline on me.

Tried it again today to see if maybe I was just having a reaction last night. Nope.

*sigh*

I love the mango topnote in this one. I HAVE TO HAVE IT for one of my custom ideas. *drools* Underneath it is smooth but the mango is really tenacious. In the final drydown I get a hint of tropical creaminess, but not really that strong; I'm kind of surprised because I expected this to smell more pastry-like than it actually does on me.

Edited by luna65

• 4 weeks later...

I can instantly smell bright citrus notes when I put this on my skin, although I know that there isn’t any citrus in it. It is odd. It makes me think of yellow and Sunkist candy. It smells like the old style lemon drops taste (not how they smell, how they taste – yes, I know that sounds strange). As it dries, it softens into a duller yellow with a definite citrus note that has a duller edge. The scent isn’t sharp, but more rounded. Very nice and a great scent if you need an “upbeat” LP for the day. This would be an excellent one to have something like EST and A-Nol added to, to create your own little happy potion.

• 4 months later...

Has a slight soap smell at first. Dries down to what I think is the watery? smell. I didn't get any fruity tropical smell with this one. Also wanted to note someone put they got citrus notes and the grapefruit scented mones from ad reminds me of soap as well. Thought that was interesting. I wonder if certain citrus scents smell like soap to my nose.

• 1 month later...

Another "eat your arm off" one for me. Wet: I put it on, sniffed and shouted VACATION! Even after about 20 minutes, it remains all mango and coconuty. Strange, as vanilla is usually such a diva on me (& I love it) but I have gotten NO vanilla at all so far. I look forward to it maybe peeking out. Also strange, as FOODY as it is, I am finding it VERY SEXY more than upbeat. Maybe because of the VACATION! SWIMSUIT! SUN-WARMED SKIN! vibe.

I can't get over how all these very foody smells are made to smell so grownup, complex, sophisticated and sexy. Sexy food! Fantastic.

Edited by tyvey

• 4 months later...

Another scent which I didn't want to try due to the presence of coconut and mango. A giant bottle of Coppertone suntan oil or glass of pina colada (with an orchid and a mini paper umbrella) walking around, no way ......

Christine's Tropical Musk convinced me to give this a try. IMO this smelled extremely sweet and loud. 20 minutes later it mellowed down tremendously. Yes, I like this. I'll probably wear this during the weekends or for casual gatherings.

• 1 month later...

This is not my favourite scent but I like it a little more each time I use it. I get lots of mango and coconut on application. I have 3 bottles to help lighten the mood in school or for casual weekends.

I think I had two hits on Saturday with TT.

A man at the supermarket helped me lift up some heavy crates so I can reach the fresher and juicer plums. In addition, he started chatting with me about plums!!??!! So getting help from the guys is probably very common in the US but here .......... it happens as often as a solar eclipse.

The a/c in my living room broke down the day before so I had to call an independent repairman (IR) in to fix it. He fixed it and advised me to change the electrical socket (thr' the property management repair team). He made the call for me but he was informed that the repair team will only install the socket. So Mr. IR went out to buy the socket for me and installed it for me free of charge. He also looked into my washing machine which hasn't been spinning properly at no charge. He returned to my apt later in the afternoon with a new a/c remote control for my a/c.

JOC, those are some amazing hits!! WOW!! I have a bottle of this plus another boosted with Girl/Girl. Wonder what will happen with that one???

Hmmmm .... I wonder too! I haven't started playing around with my pheros. I didn't get G/G but I;m most likely to pick Cougar or Instant Sexiness A from my loot.

The other thing is that I might want to play around is EoW since I'm 39 already .... sob, sob .... okay, never mind, I'm still young at heart. I'll probably sacrifice most of my sniffees by adding EoW to them.

• 2 weeks later...

My skin chemistry must be whack! In the bottle this smells so gorgeous like a romantic, tropical vacation. In the bottle I can pick out the coconut and vanilla and some other yummy notes that just mix so nicely. Unfortunately on my skin all I can smell is the mango, thats it. It is extremely sweet on me, way too sweet. But reading other reviews it's amazing how different it can smell. I wish so much I got the "dessert- like melange" but I just don't, I keep applying about once a week, in hopes it will change but after a month of trying I know its just not for me. At least I know now to be cautious with mango in the future. It's crazy how my skin amps mango and eats all the other notes right up. This is definitely such a beautiful scent in the bottle and it really just depends on your skin chemistry so don't let my review scare you off : )

Unfortunately on my skin all I can smell is the mango, thats it. It is extremely sweet on me, way too sweet.

Perhaps you can trying layering it with something such as vanilla to soften the sweetness?

Perhaps you can trying layering it with something such as vanilla to soften the sweetness?

Hey JOC thank you so much for the tip, I actually bought a sample of AVV for that purpose but have realized that some type of vanilla (I think?) go plasticky on me. It's a very yummy vanilla scent at first and then turns into something that doesn't even smell like perfume but instead like some sort of plastic object has been rubbed on my arm. So with Tahitian Temptress I smell like a plastic mango ;) This also happened extremely bad in Fallen Angel, I loved that one wet but it's just so off on me. I will keep trying to find a vanilla based scent that likes me because vanilla is my FAVORITE and I agree that if I layered it with Tahitian T. it would be heavenly. I bought a bunch of new scents from the sale so hopefully I can use something with it. I'll post if find something in case anyone else has the same prob.

Hey JOC thank you so much for the tip, I actually bought a sample of AVV for that purpose but have realized that some type of vanilla (I think?) go plasticky on me. It's a very yummy vanilla scent at first and then turns into something that doesn't even smell like perfume but instead like some sort of plastic object has been rubbed on my arm. So with Tahitian Temptress I smell like a plastic mango ;) This also happened extremely bad in Fallen Angel, I loved that one wet but it's just so off on me. I will keep trying to find a vanilla based scent that likes me because vanilla is my FAVORITE and I agree that if I layered it with Tahitian T. it would be heavenly. I bought a bunch of new scents from the sale so hopefully I can use something with it. I'll post if find something in case anyone else has the same prob.

Try applying a layer of CPS before the scents. I have a bottle on its way to me as certain honey leaves an awful scent on my skin and it cannot be removed no matter how I scrub the application site.

I have never been a vanilla fan but I'm begining to like it since I started using LP scents in June. I find AVV sweet, perhaps too sweet for my liking so it'll have to be layered under something. I love the way OCCO White smells. I'm uncertain if this will help you resolve the problem and if you want to wear cops.

I've been lucky (or I may have been ignorant) that I do not have the plastic issue. Good luck!

Hey honeybee, I have the same skin-turns-it-to-plastic problem with all berries, and with *some* vanillas- still haven't figured out what *kind* of vanilla is the culprit. Sometimes it even varies from time to time, probably because of my cycle. The *new* AVV gives me no problems. I have found that mixing with something SWEET actually seems to fix the problem -- for example Pure Sugar...

Try applying a layer of CPS before the scents. I have a bottle on its way to me as certain honey leaves an awful scent on my skin and it cannot be removed no matter how I scrub the application site.

I have never been a vanilla fan but I'm begining to like it since I started using LP scents in June. I find AVV sweet, perhaps too sweet for my liking so it'll have to be layered under something. I love the way OCCO White smells. I'm uncertain if this will help you resolve the problem and if you want to wear cops.

I've been lucky (or I may have been ignorant) that I do not have the plastic issue. Good luck!

oooh, I'm excited about the CPS. Sounds like just what I need. I have browsed this site so many times but my eyes seemed to always skip over that oil so thanks for bringing attention to it. I'll for sure review the problem scents again once I order it, hope it works!

Oh yeah those OCCO's all sound so good. Haven't tried them yet but sometime in the future I want the sample pack to try a bit of each and then try layering too. Did the CPS tone down the sweetness for the AVV for you you?

Hey honeybee, I have the same skin-turns-it-to-plastic problem with all berries, and with *some* vanillas- still haven't figured out what *kind* of vanilla is the culprit. Sometimes it even varies from time to time, probably because of my cycle. The *new* AVV gives me no problems. I have found that mixing with something SWEET actually seems to fix the problem -- for example Pure Sugar...

Hey tyvey, so sorry about those darn berries. I just tried Dangerous games yesterday and on me the berries go insane, I smell BERRIES in your face but now I'm about to get the CPS JOC told me about so maybe that'll help you out to? Glad to hear that you found a way to help it though with the Pure Sugar, I need to start collecting some layering scents actually so I can experiment more.

I'll for sure review the problem scents again once I order it, hope it works!

Oh yeah those OCCO's all sound so good. Haven't tried them yet but sometime in the future I want the sample pack to try a bit of each and then try layering too. Did the CPS tone down the sweetness for the AVV for you you?

I haven't tried CPS yet. As it will create a barrier on the skin, I read on the forum, it will help the fragrance to stay true so your issue might be resolved but I might be wrong. Do a little search or post your issue to cast for a wider response.

I intend to use CPS to stop the honey from coming in contact with my skin and thus avoid the stinky skin effect. As for my AVV, it's relatively untouched so it's going to my daughter.

You should try the OCCO some day if you don't mind using cops. I ordered the entire range as part of my first order but I only started using them recently. Sometimes I use them solo and on other days, they go under my scents. A sampler kit will definitely be helpful to you.

• 3 months later...

Bumping this thread even though this is GGG.

I'm using TT today and the ironic thing is that it's snowing outside. Anyway, I applied more TT on my body than usual and I had some in my hair and I'm surrounded by the delicious creamy mango scent the entire morning.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

As I was walking home this evening, I don't know why but I thought I could smell Tahitian Temptress along the way. All I could smell and think of was TAhitian Temptress and mind you, I walk along this path (driveway cum car park within my estate) every evening. It could be that I've been using too much flora scents lately that I miss a bright and sunny fruity scent. Even though I do not wear this often, I am glad that I have a backup bottle in my vault.

I recently got hold of a sample of this. This is rich, buttery mango deliciousness! I don't get any maple, per se, but I think that's what is contributing to the warmness of the scent. As it dries down, it turns to a creamy, coconutty vanilla. I really like this and sad to have missed it!

• 1 year later...

This is an amazing blend. It is very uplifing and refreshing. I find that the mango note stands out the most on my skin. The dry down has more of the honey, maple, vanilla, and cocoa butter notes.This is a great scent for the warmer months. I see if is now discontinued so I will have to make my two sample sizes last as long as possible.