Elan Vitale

paganlady

AD-ElanVitale_1.jpg

Elan Vitale

A bright mélange of grapefruit and red currant, with the fizzy sparkle of champagne, the zing of ginger, and a sweet blessing of pink sugars... focus your vital energy on what you desire, and release the wish into the universe so that it may come true!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion, beauty and youth glamour.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
CHAMPAGNE ~ Success!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was a little scared of this one because Red Currant usually goes horribly wrong on me, but it behaved itself in this blend. It's a bright, sweet, sparkly & somewhat boozy blend on me. The currant just adds a bit of sweetness but behaves nicely with the grapefruit, sugar & champagne. I don't get the smell of ginger in this as much as the feeling of it (if that makes any sense). It kind of just adds a little zing to it.

It's the kind of thing I would wear at a family gathering, or on a girls lunch date, but not when I want to be dead sexy at night. But that's also ok. It's exhausting to be dead sexy all the time... ^_^

That's somewhat similar to something I like to say to Quince:

"Is it exhausting to be brilliant every day?"

"Is it?"

(Smartarse, because then I have to say Well I don't know dear, that's why I'm asking you. I'm only brilliant every other day!" :))

It's exhausting to be dead sexy all the time... :)

Are most married men aware of this? I feel that most of men expect their wives to be in "tip top" condition after multiple childbirths while they have all the right to have flabbier bodies.

My husband used to say that I have gained lovehandles after 9 years of marriage and 3 childbirths (from 52kg to 56kg). He feels that he has all the right to state that as it was a fact. Note that it "was" as I have been watching my diet and now he calls me "sexy".

Needless to say, there's no way that I can compete with the young 'things' hanging around at pubs and lounges (as he entertains very frequently). Anyway, I don't need to compete with them as I don't believe in picking up or being picked up in a pub.

I know I'm stereotyping.

Are most married men aware of this? I feel that most of men expect their wives to be in "tip top" condition after multiple childbirths while they have all the right to have flabbier bodies.

That's an exact statement of male priviliege and they don't care.

And now onto the actual scent:

The ginger helps enhance the "bubbly" effect which this has as it starts out. But Effervescence is drier, this has more of a fruity quality. It's tangy and bright, it's not exactly like Voodoo Valentine but it has that same quality to me, I would consider adding Focus Potion to this one because it has that same characteristic of vibrancy, it perks me right up!

Edited by luna65

This is a fun scent. The color this evokes in my mind is a peachy red that sparkles. It is bright and shiney. The grapefruit gives it that extra smile in a bottle, but is not overwhelming. There is just enough sweetness to tone down the sharper angles and make this a "rounder" scent. It makes me think of popsicles in the summer sun. Cooling down after a hot day, but still glowing.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Loved this one!

Before I read this potion's ingredients my nose smelled an incredibly bright and fizzy orange soda!

Now I know I was smelling grapefruit and champagne...lovely combo! During drydown, I get the ginger note and it has a similar fizzy vibe like Butterbeer (except Butterbeer feels creamy). I also get sugar, but not so pink...

Overall, it is a simple potion but so lovely and cute! I want....I need a FULL BOTTLE...

• 5 months later...

WHY HAVEN'T I TRIED THIS BEFORE??? Okay...someone PLEEEASE slap me. B)

GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion, beauty and youth glamour.

GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power.

CHAMPAGNE ~ Success! (FERMENTED ALCOHOLS: WINE, BEER, HARD LIQUOR, ETC ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.)

So, I was rearranging my sniffies, and there it was. Elan Vitale. I'd forgotten I had the sniffie. On a lark, I stuck some on the backs of my hands, and...Holy Sheepsh*t. No, really. This is GREAT! It's citrussy and uplifting and effervescent and so freakin' CHEERFUL!

First on, the grapefruit and probably the currant give me a grapefruit/citrus punch vibe. With ginger. I love ginger, and I love grapefruit! And it actually smells *fizzy* for a while! Must be the champagne note. As it dries down, the fizziness subsides but the cheerfulness remains! The grapefruit and ginger are still there, and I think the currant adds a slight other-fruitiness. The pink sugars give me sweet vanilla, underpinning everything. The longer drydown stays that way...just more quiet. Lovely!

This smells like its intent. I can't stop snarfing my hands! Am adding some to my next order, because I'm going to decimate the sniffee! :wub:

I get more of the sugar, grapefruit and champagne and it is such a pick-me-up! It is a cheerful scent that has good lasting power. I love wearing it on rainy days....AND sunny days. I wore it a lot in the spring as it has that kind of feel to it.

Okay, popping back in. I'm screamingly busy and rather stressed--preparing for things, making things, writing, dealing with friend's health and addiction problems, dealing with hubb's family trust, dealing with permits to sell and work, bears in the yard...dealing with life. Heh. I'm wearing Elan Vitale to vitalize me through the day, and it's WORKING. I'm keeping my energy flowing, and staying pleasant. This is GOOD. The scent is keeping me happy! Also, today I'm noticing a Darling Clementine/Catalina vibe, which makes a bit of sense when looking at the ingredients.

So, Elan Vitale is a happy, uplifting scent, and it can also help you get things done. I'm getting another version of what The Magician does for me. The difference is that Magician keeps me accomplishing with an edge of ruthlessness and obsession (in a good way :) ), whereas Elan Vitale keeps me accomplishing with plenty of focus, but also with cheerfulness and a little more patience.

:burning-heart:

• 7 months later...

This one reminds me of Effervescense only like pink champagne ( which is a win/win for me)

When I saw this post from you stating that Elan Vitale reminded you of Effervescense but like pink champagne, I had to get this one to try it out... I was not a fan of Effervescense so I hope I like this one...

I have a spray bottle of Elan Vitale boosted w/ Cougar. I find that it adds a sparkly ginger ale like shimmer to other layered scents. This is one of the few LPs that I have that does not morph throughout wear. I spray it on and that's it. I can smell it the exact same way hours later.

I have a spray bottle of Elan Vitale boosted w/ Cougar. I find that it adds a sparkly ginger ale like shimmer to other layered scents. This is one of the few LPs that I have that does not morph throughout wear. I spray it on and that's it. I can smell it the exact same way hours later.

So excited to hear you say that becuase my goal was to use this inconjunction with my Cougar spray and I thought this would be a lovely compliment.... Dang, now I can not wait till this arrives...how fun

So excited to hear you say that becuase my goal was to use this inconjunction with my Cougar spray and I thought this would be a lovely compliment.... Dang, now I can not wait till this arrives...how fun

I do like how Cougar goes with this one. It's a very different vibe than most of my other scents. It feels youthful but not too young to me. A little Élan Vitale goes a long way on me. I learned this the hard way when I applied too much before heading out the door to work one time. Now I do a couple of light spritzes and it is plenty to last me all day.

CHAMPAGNE ~ Success! (FERMENTED ALCOHOLS: WINE, BEER, HARD LIQUOR, ETC ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.)

I got a sample of this a few months ago. It was awful on me. I can't remember the exact notes I got, but I know it didn't smell very nice on me. It did smell nice in the vile though. My skin must have decided to reject it :(

Funny thing about the actual notes posted above...I would've probably purchased a fb of this when it was released had I been here then. Guess I need to start figuring out what notes don't work for me!

I got a sample of this a few months ago. It was awful on me. I can't remember the exact notes I got, but I know it didn't smell very nice on me. It did smell nice in the vile though. My skin must have decided to reject it :(

Funny thing about the actual notes posted above...I would've probably purchased a fb of this when it was released had I been here then. Guess I need to start figuring out what notes don't work for me!

Awww. I'm sorry this didn't work on you! But you know what? Over the last year or so, right when I thought I'd figured out exactly which notes I could trust, I started running into scents that *should* have been perfect on me but were NOT. At the same time, I found a bunch of scents that I'd *never* have thought would be good for me, but they were BEAUTIFUL. Go figure! So I totally understand. Chemistry is weird. B)

Ugh, MrsC, so sorry... Now I'm getting a bit nervous as Effervescence did not work on me at all and I really hope this one does, I want something to go with my cougar spray

• 2 months later...

Hmm, wet it's very citrusy, but it morphs to a sparkly citrusy ginger ale (like those family Christmas punch bowls made with ginger ale cranberry juice and some lemons/oranges thrown in) after a bit of drydown on me. It's very uplifting! I like it.

Can't wait to try it out for it's energizing/success potion properties!

This goes so beautifully with my Cougar Spray. I love the freshness of this when I wear it. I'm normally not a citrus person but this always gives me an uplifting boost whenever I wear it. On me after about an hour of wear, the current and grapefruit are the most prominent notes and they stay with me thru-out the day

Hmm, not entirely sure what to say about this, but here goes: I wore this for the intent last Friday because I knew it was a challenging day at work.

And wow was that EVER an understatement. I had the craziest day. Even after work. I had about 10-15 mins to shovel food in mouth and keep on working. We ran $3500 worth of experimental kits, and some non-replaceable samples. The machine we have to analyze the results kept failing. I was freaking out very badly. It was a series of "I think I fixed it...... oh crap and this other thing isn't working."

Finally in desperation I ran to another machine that's completely unrelated to see if we could get ANYTHING. I just needed a picture and I'd work from there to analyze results, manually if I had to. And it worked. Amazingly. I'll find out on Monday if the pictures I got are any good, but I have hope it wasn't a total loss.

So what did Elan Vitale do? I'm not sure, but I did manage to survive the day and kept going till we finished. I figured that counts for something.

• 1 month later...

This is another one I tested over a week or so. It smelled sooo awesome in the bottle! This was so light and fruity and juicy! I totally got champagne in this! It smelled good wet too! This was a really "happy making" fragrance for me! I really liked this scent, but others told me that it smelled sour on me. Which is odd because usually I am the one that smells the sourness whenever I wear fruit fragrances or fragrances that have fruit in them. One person told me I smell like lemons. I think they were smelling the grapefruit and maybe the grapefruit was what was going wrong on my skin to them. I, on the other hand smelled the grapefruit. When wet the fragrance was all bright and sweet and champagne-y and just delicious, but when it got old/died down I got the pure smell of grapefruit with a bit of sugar.

in subsequent wearings I got sweet, bright, and happy, but it did have a hint of sourness.

• 4 weeks later...

Same for me, no sourness, just a light citrus scent when worn alone. It mixes nicely with Lap of Luxury & Leprechaun Luck, for a kind of florally, citrusy mish-mash. A few dabs of all three blend well together & make it interesting.

• 1 month later...

Hmm. On the fence about this straight out of the bottle. This reminds me of Butterbeer. I like the idea of the champagne and the bright bubbliness that it has, I'm just not sure I like it. I want to put my finger on the ginger but I just don't know. I think I need to wait a bit and try it again in a week or so or maybe layer it with something creamy to settle this ginger(?) down. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Elan Vitale reminds me of something familiar and commercial. Like Clinique Happy or Gap's Day scent. Anyway, that aside, it is cheerful and citrusy. It's zingy and fizzy and there's nothing sharp about it. But it definitely has that tang of being outside and having fun in the springtime in a park. It's something I would wear to have brunch with my gal pals. It's just fun and alive and energetic. I don't really notice the currant, but I do notice the grapefruit and I think the sugars and the champagne must give it that smooth feel that I get while wearing this.

• 5 months later...

I love this! It has a real fizzy energy to it. It smells fizzy, obviously, but it makes you feel fizzy too. It smells bright and really picks me up. I don't know off hand the actual ingredients or intent for this but if I was making it up I'd go for it as a morning helper, a pick me up on grey days you have less than optimal energy and housework to do, that's my take on it anyway.