MERMAIDS OF ATLANTIS 2012

Dolly

I couldn't agree any more, Dolly! My Bf also likes the seaweed note, which he also loves in his own perfumes, so he thought it was very original to give seaweed a more feminine spin...IMO some fruits cover Cops really well, but here seaweed it's what helps cover Cops so well, even more than the fruity notes in Mermaids...And yes! I love how you describe it hun, the seaweed comes and goes like sea waves at the beach...

Hey Syn! Mermaids may still grow on you, you could re-test and see how people react to it....

Oh, I didn't mean to suggest I didn't like it at all - I do like it, but what I was wondering was how other people would react to it. It's great to hear of favourable reactions from others though! I'll have to get a few people to smell it "blind" and see what they think!

Oh, I didn't mean to suggest I didn't like it at all - I do like it, but what I was wondering was how other people would react to it. It's great to hear of favourable reactions from others though! I'll have to get a few people to smell it "blind" and see what they think!

Hey dear Syn! I didn't think you didn't like it hun, but if you didn't that would be fine too... I understood that you liked it very much, but were hesitant about how others perceived the seaweed note, so I shared how my Bf who loves this marine note in his Bvlgaris, likes how it smells in a women's frag....Sorry if I sounded rude Syn, I just wanted to share my Bf's perspective on seaweed. Hope Mermaids grows on you, but if it doesn't there are lots of LPs to luv...

A little off topic, but since I know you like Pink Sugar as much as I do, have you seen their new flanker ''Sparks''? Just got my PS Sensual yesterday, yay!

Edited by Gabylicious

Hey dear Syn! I didn't think you didn't like it hun, but if you didn't that would be fine too... I understood that you liked it very much, but were hesitant about how others perceived the seaweed note, so I shared how my Bf who loves this marine note in his Bvlgaris, likes how it smells in a women's frag....Sorry if I sounded rude Syn, I just wanted to share my Bf's perspective on seaweed. Hope Mermaids grows on you, but if it doesn't there are lots of LPs to luv...

A little off topic, but since I know you like Pink Sugar as much as I do, have you seen their new flanker ''Sparks''? Just got my PS Sensual yesterday, yay!

Not at all Gaby :) I know I certainly like Mermaids, so even if others don't like it on me it may just have to be one I keep and wear by myself. It is a very comforting and somehow familiar scent to me :)

And, oooh no, what is Sparks? Is it another Pink Sugar? I haven't tried Sensual or Blue, though I really should as I love the original so much! If I didn't have so many LP scents to play around wtih already I would have ordered them long ago! What do you think of Sensual?

Not at all Gaby :) I know I certainly like Mermaids, so even if others don't like it on me it may just have to be one I keep and wear by myself. It is a very comforting and somehow familiar scent to me :)

And, oooh no, what is Sparks? Is it another Pink Sugar? I haven't tried Sensual or Blue, though I really should as I love the original so much! If I didn't have so many LP scents to play around wtih already I would have ordered them long ago! What do you think of Sensual?

So much talk about Mermaids makes me wanna slather, it goes great with OCCO Ambrosia so I think I will wear this combo today... :P We are so happy OCCO Ambrosia is back, right? Jajaja!

Syn, my Pink Sugar ho twin, PS Sensual smells like sugared mandarines to me, but this was my first impression...I don't want to threadjack here, so I'll test PS Sensual properly tonight, and post a mini-review in my journal Syn :love:

So much talk about Mermaids makes me wanna slather, it goes great with OCCO Ambrosia so I think I will wear this combo today... :P We are so happy OCCO Ambrosia is back, right? Jajaja!

Syn, my Pink Sugar ho twin, PS Sensual smells like sugared mandarines to me, but this was my first impression...I don't want to threadjack here, so I'll test PS Sensual properly tonight, and post a mini-review in my journal Syn :love:

Ok sounds great! Mmm, maybe I will have to get this one after all... lol... wonder if there is a way to buy them as a set so I can try them all out? :)

• 1 month later...

I brought my sample along for my trip and used it when I was at a beach resort. I can smell the saltiness and seaweed. On my skin, it has a tremendous throw and thus only require a light dab.

My sis liked this too. She's a fruit and floral person and I'll have to get more feedback from her.

• 7 months later...

OK, I just wanted to post about this one and aging......it is softening and the notes are meshing so well.......it is absolutely LOVELY! Any of you who are waffling about this one....it is great for spring and summer!!!!

• 2 months later...

In the bottle this one smells really fresh, perfum-y and floral all at the same time. Wet it smells like something really juicy and sugary. After dry down it was a really nice floral on me. It smelled crisp and light. It did morph into a fishy kind of smell later and that I did not like. Others had a hard time smelling it on me. Others could barely smell this scent no matter how hard they huffed. I really liked the floral part, but I am scared of the "fish" part.

In the bottle this one smells really fresh, perfum-y and floral all at the same time. Wet it smells like something really juicy and sugary. After dry down it was a really nice floral on me. It smelled crisp and light. It did morph into a fishy kind of smell later and that I did not like. Others had a hard time smelling it on me. Others could barely smell this scent no matter how hard they huffed. I really liked the floral part, but I am scared of the "fish" part.

Make sure you shake before applying. If you have the full bottle, there is a pearl in it to help it mix. If it is just a sample, there will be no pearl, but still shake it. I think the "fish" essence you are getting may be the bladderwrack.....it is seadweed-y......

Edited by Dolly

I can't believe I never even smelled this one yet! I will get a sample if there are any,on my next order

You really should! I love it!

I traded this one away like a dummy! For some reason last period cycle I reached into my precious GGG samples because I needed salty something and I paired this with G2 and wow! It took all emotional bitchyness away from me. So a bottle of the 2012 version is boosted with G2 is in my future for sure, the vintage version is very similar to the 2012 version for me.

Make sure you shake before applying. If you have the full bottle, there is a pearl in it to help it mix. If it is just a sample, there will be no pearl, but still shake it. I think the "fish" essence you are getting may be the bladderwrack.....it is seadweed-y......

:yeahthat: to what Dolly said. Shake the bejesus out of it. It does smell seaweedy going on, but it melds fairly quickly.

You know, I haven't gotten a fishy smell from this, thank goodness. It's tangy (hope that's a right word) and sweet floral to me but I can get a hint of the seaweed in the background. It doesn't overpower though. I'm so glad that I've read the posts about shaking the bottle first. You never think of that when you purchase the blah blah standard perfumes.

So this is nothing scent wise like Soaked ( with the exception if the salty-ness).? Not counting the Aud. addition of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dolly and BlueBear,

I didn't know that. Tyvey just mentioned that on another thread. When I start back testing my other samples. I will remember to shake them up before applying.

Thanks ladies for the tip!

:yeahthat: to what Dolly said. Shake the bejesus out of it. It does smell seaweedy going on, but it melds fairly quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

OMG I love this one so much! I liked Sea Lilly, Soaked and Amphrite, but there was just an element on each that was either amping or lacking. Mermaid of Atlantis is exactly the scent I was looking for. Yes, it does have fruit but it does not demand center stage and I adore the floral aspect. It doesn't amp one scent. Instead it is a perfect watery blend of florals, with a touch of fruit, a bit of moss and a tang for grounding and depth. Damn this is good. No fishiness at all. Or if there is my nose is picking it up as slightly salty/tangy and it is all good. So happy I found you.

So this is nothing scent wise like Soaked ( with the exception if the salty-ness).? Not counting the Aud. addition of course.

Soaked is much heavier on the sweet notes -- vanilla, sandalwood, pink sugar, honey, etc -- with floral accents.

Mermaids is a more even blend of flowers and fruit and water, with that nice touch of salty limu!

It is lovely......a champ at covering cops, too!

OMG I love this one so much! I liked Sea Lilly, Soaked and Amphrite, but there was just an element on each that was either amping or lacking. Mermaid of Atlantis is exactly the scent I was looking for. Yes, it does have fruit but it does not demand center stage and I adore the floral aspect. It doesn't amp one scent. Instead it is a perfect watery blend of florals, with a touch of fruit, a bit of moss and a tang for grounding and depth. Damn this is good. No fishiness at all. Or if there is my nose is picking it up as slightly salty/tangy and it is all good. So happy I found you.

I really need to get a sample of this, Sea Lily was not quite what I was looking for, I'm hopeful for this baby...

After reading some of the reviews, I was a little hesitant about how it would smell too. I definitely wanted the ocean aura but not necessarily a fishy smell to it. Mermaids of Atlantis is really perfect. Just the right blend of everything. So glad that you found the right one for you GG!! I agree there's a tang to it but I think it's just the right "bite" it needs!!!

DD, you should definitely try it!! I think it makes a great summery light scent. :D

Soaked is much heavier on the sweet notes -- vanilla, sandalwood, pink sugar, honey, etc -- with floral accents.

Mermaids is a more even blend of flowers and fruit and water, with that nice touch of salty limu!

I really need to get a sample of this, Sea Lily was not quite what I was looking for, I'm hopeful for this baby...

Mmmm, I LOVE Soaked. In fact, it was this surprise love for Soaked that introduced me to the watery/salty blends. Since then I have added Tail, Mermaids, Lure of the Siren, and now Sea Lily to that collection (as well as that Salt accord to which you introduced me, lalaD! Thank you again!)

DD, Mermaids is beautiful: flowery, and fruity, and, as lala states, with a "nice touch' of salt. And, it has touches of pineapple and mango. I know you had been looking for a summery scent with pineapple :)

By the way, I found that layering Sea Lily and Mermaids is wonderful :) While both of them are lovely on their own, there is a synergistic effect between the two which is quite beautiful.

By the way, I found that layering Sea Lily and Mermaids is wonderful :) While both of them are lovely on their own, there is a synergistic effect between the two which is quite beautiful.

I am so trying this out today! I definitely liked Sea Lilly and maybe layering it with something will turn it into a love. Thanks Chai!!

It is lovely......a champ at covering cops, too!

After reading some of the reviews, I was a little hesitant about how it would smell too. I definitely wanted the ocean aura but not necessarily a fishy smell to it. Mermaids of Atlantis is really perfect. Just the right blend of everything. So glad that you found the right one for you GG!! I agree there's a tang to it but I think it's just the right "bite" it needs!!!

DD, you should definitely try it!! I think it makes a great summery light scent. :D

Mmmm, I LOVE Soaked. In fact, it was this surprise love for Soaked that introduced me to the watery/salty blends. Since then I have added Tail, Mermaids, Lure of the Siren, and now Sea Lily to that collection (as well as that Salt accord to which you introduced me, lalaD! Thank you again!)

DD, Mermaids is beautiful: flowery, and fruity, and, as lala states, with a "nice touch' of salt. And, it has touches of pineapple and mango. I know you had been looking for a summery scent with pineapple :)

Thank You, one and all... I will get a sample of this one....

Thanks. I gotta give Soaked more love ( its been aging long enough) and get a Mermaids trial.

• 1 month later...

Wearing this one today, will definitely be taking it with me for my week at the beach.....this next week of waiting to leave is going to kill me.....NEED this vacation!

Dang, I waited too long and this baby is now sold out... I do have some scents coming to me that will have an aquatic feel to it and I'm hoping that will tide me over.

DD....I already had multiple bottles and snatched some up as freebies in the sale too......maybe we can work something out if you would like one? Ping me on FB and we'll chat.

DD....I already had multiple bottles and snatched some up as freebies in the sale too......maybe we can work something out if you would like one? Ping me on FB and we'll chat.

Thanks Dolly, I'm out school shopping and its hard to do facebook via my eye phone... I will ping you when I get home...

Thanks Dolly, I'm out school shopping and its hard to do facebook via my eye phone... I will ping you when I get home...

Okey dokey!

I got this mofo boosted with Anol - for rag time on Broadway.

I noticed that my chemistry was craving salty or tropical scents last time I had my period so I wore this with G2 and Happy Water. It really helped me from murdering people with my thoughts. The aquatic salty feel to this really soothed my hormones.

Dolly, thanks again for letting me buy one of your Mermaids, your just the best....

You're very welcome!

This is incredibly light on me for all the floral notes in it! I like this. It's lightly floral and fruity. The fruit isn't piercing but sweet, light and juicy and compliments the floral notes beautifully. My chemistry is loving the floral notes and not amping any one thing. This is lovely & light - not bad for purchasing unsniffed at all! I love having all of these goodies to choose from!

• 1 year later...

I thought I reviewed this one already! Look at me, back at my alphabetical order trials. :D I feel so proud. Anyway...

This is so pretty! I agree with someone above who said it was pretty, floral, and fresh. Bladderwrack makes me a little nervous sometimes, because I'm not sure I like that "salty" or "briny" smell. But in this, it's lovely! I don't get that briny smell at all. Everything just works together. On me, it turns a bit soft and powdery, and it doesn't seem to last that long. I'm not sure anyone else could smell it. But I like it! :)

• 1 month later...

If you have the full bottle, there is a pearl in it to help it mix.

It's a shame my bottle didn't come with a pearl. Took this out two nights back as I'm considering getting a bottle of the new release. I ran the rollerball over my sheets a couple of times just before lying down. It is amazing. It's a fine balance between the fruits and flowers which have melded over the last two years. It smells quite similar to Tails except the latter is sweeter and perhaps more fruity. I wonder if Dolly has tried the latest version yet.

Edited by JOC