Steamy Daydreams

Beccah

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is really interesting. I had to wear it several days to try to get a feel for it. I do not really read the reviews before I do my reveiw as I do not want to be overly influneced by others' thoughts. So I wore this several days trying to figure out what I was smelling. Finally I started reading and saw Mara's comment about the motor oil specialty fragrance oil. That was what I was catching a slight whiff of under the vanilla, leather and vetiver! I just could not put my finger on it - I know that scent, but what is it? The scent of under the hood of my car back in the old days when you actually could change your own oil!

As I mentioned above, what comes through for me is the vanilla, leather and vetiver in that order. The three make a very smooth combination with the vanilla the strongest on my skin. The leather is not that sharp scent of brand new leather but leather that has been around just long enough to be comfortable. Kind of like a nice leather jacket you have broken one Fall and Winter season. And way in the background is that slight hint of motor oil - just like you were working under the hood of your car, came in and washed up but that slight scent is still there. The scent that you "did something" most people cannot do.

I will be honest - I can see where some guys might not think this is an overtly masculine scent at first whiff - it is very unique. But from reading the reviews of all the ladies here I can see why so many women really seem to like it. It probably reminds them of making out in a new car with a leather interior. :lol: If you or your SO like vanilla - then this is certainly the way to go. Or if you want to create the olfactory impression of making out in a Mercedes or BMW, or just want her to know you are the upper end of performance and luxury - throw some of this on and find a quiet place to park!

• 1 month later...

I've gotta get BF a full bottle - or 10! - of this. OMG. He wore it a couple of nights ago, and I felt myself kind of melting over him, like I'd suddenly re-developed the initial crush I had on him way back when! :lol: I swear, it made him *even better looking*! He loved it too, though I don't know if it's the smell he liked so much as my teen-aged, love-sick reaction to him wearing it! Whoo! :D

I've gotta get BF a full bottle - or 10! - of this. OMG. He wore it a couple of nights ago, and I felt myself kind of melting over him, like I'd suddenly re-developed the initial crush I had on him way back when! :lol: I swear, it made him *even better looking*! He loved it too, though I don't know if it's the smell he liked so much as my teen-aged, love-sick reaction to him wearing it! Whoo! :D

Tell him you are willing to order a full bottle for him. If he wants more, let him pitch in for the other bottles as he is the primary recipient of said magic ... lol!

I haven't tried it on myself. It's not really my kind of scent. But on The Boy... WHOO! It's awesome. And more awesome. And then even more awesome. Srsly. He was all: :12_small7: and smellin' sexxay, and I was all: :hubbahubba:

Edited by Eggers

Quince thought it was too sweet on him at first, but I said, "Pray ye let it dry down, my good sir," and so he did. Later on the best he could do was "not bad, really" but I liked it muchly, although it didn't make me wild like some others do. Leather-based scents on him are like girlnip to me, though. :666:

Yes! Girlnip! Totally! BF put this on, and I instantly felt like a horny teenager! It was great! :D I'm getting him a full bottle in my next order. This is definitely one I don't want to miss out on. Although, I may only let him wear it at home. :lol:

Oh dear. I amped the oil crazily - metallic, black oil. *weep* waaaaayy masculine on me. Oh well....

Wow - talk about individual body chemistry. I only got a slight hint of the oil. Sorry it did not work for you.

yknow, a few hours later it had backed off a bit and that swoony LP vanilla musk came out to play, but it was still strongly flavored with motor oil. I can see how this would be beyond fabulous on a guy though...

yknow, a few hours later it had backed off a bit and that swoony LP vanilla musk came out to play, but it was still strongly flavored with motor oil. I can see how this would be beyond fabulous on a guy though...

I cracked a joke about making a PE with this motor oil scent, sawdust and maybe cut grass for a "guy working around the house" scent haha!

So, haven't tried it yet but it sounds like a 1950s movie, stopping at the drive-in ice cream store with your leather-coated James Dean/Elvis Presley lookalike boyfriend right after he's been working on the '57 Chevy (Cherry Red with White Trim and those FINS!) and each of you are sensuously licking a vanilla ice cream cone? And makin' plans for the evening?

Good to know. This goes into the sample request list :)

So, haven't tried it yet but it sounds like a 1950s movie, stopping at the drive-in ice cream store with your leather-coated James Dean/Elvis Presley lookalike boyfriend right after he's been working on the '57 Chevy (Cherry Red with White Trim and those FINS!) and each of you are sensuously licking a vanilla ice cream cone? And makin' plans for the evening?

Who is James Dean? :lol:

• 2 months later...

Okay, so I received this in a trade and randomly chose it to try this morning. I did not read the description or I probably would not have done more than sniff it in the vial. I usually do not go for masculine or unisex scents.

It smells really clean. The vanilla musk is dominant for me, and it reminds me a little of TMI. It is very pleasant. I'd probably like smelling it on a guy better than on me.

this one smells so gooooood on my boyfriend!

I need more than a sample. it's sweet, and a little musky

but still smooth and manly. yuuum.

• 2 weeks later...

Um....QG was kind enough to send me a sample to try on my guy, but I think I'm going to need an entire bottle for myself. It's that good. I amp vanilla, so of course I amp the vanilla here so this is definitely not ubermasculine on me. I love the juxtaposition of warm, sensual vanilla and wood with cool leather. Maybe it's the earth and motor oil notes that are contributing to the "cool" aspect, I have no idea, but whatever it is it's amazing and I'm going to make it MINE.

Um....QG was kind enough to send me a sample to try on my guy, but I think I'm going to need an entire bottle for myself. It's that good. I amp vanilla, so of course I amp the vanilla here so this is definitely not ubermasculine on me. I love the juxtaposition of warm, sensual vanilla and wood with cool leather. Maybe it's the earth and motor oil notes that are contributing to the "cool" aspect, I have no idea, but whatever it is it's amazing and I'm going to make it MINE.

Haha - glad you like it chica!!

• 11 months later...

When I first joined LP and was looking for a man scent to try and get my HB off Polo Green, I did a 'newbie' post asking around. Lots of things came up of course, but one comment from you (Eggers) cracked me up but has always stuck with me. On the suggestion of Steamy Daydreams...Eggers, on 28 Mar 2014 - 2:19 PM, said:

Oh God, yeah - Steamy Daydreams! Whoo! We don't need any pheros when he's wearing that one! In fact, I love that one so much I *almost* don't even need BF! :lol:

Just sayin' you were right.... it is soooooo good. I don't need a man to wear it (it would be nice and probably more fun that way) I thought "I wonder if I could get away with wearing this, since I like it so much and I can't get HB to budge of his commercial cologne??" IF ONLY HE REALIZED the efx it might have on ME for HIM (i.e. Eggers: I swear, it made him *even better looking*! ) I purposely didn't buy a FB assuming it would be a waste since it's a guy's thing - and I don't make it a habit of spending $30 on drawer liners or potpourri. But then I searched for this review thread of SD; I just saw where it says Unisex and read the posts where it sounds like some of the gals wore it themselves. So I'm not crazy thinking that??

I'm thinking maybe a spray boosted with something that makes ME feel good?? Any suggestions appreciated (Halo - you are my go-to for all things phero so I hope you see this.)

Edited by LoveStruck55

But then I searched for this review thread of SD; I just saw where it says Unisex and read the posts where it sounds like some of the gals wore it themselves. So I'm not crazy thinking that??

I'm thinking maybe a spray boosted with something that makes ME feel good?? Any suggestions appreciated (Halo - you are my go-to for all things phero so I hope you see this.)

I like to pair men's scents with Teddy BB usually, and I have a lot of men's scents I wear myself.

I like to pair men's scents with Teddy BB usually, and I have a lot of men's scents I wear myself.

I actually love the ones I got for HB initially... Super4M, Dirty Old Man, Ilori, steamy daydreams.

And back in the days before LP I was always attracted to guy fragrances, so my loving SD makes definite sense. Was Teddy BB in The Big Easy? I overused that little spray one night & had some wild crazy dreams!

Edited by LoveStruck55

I'm so glad you love SD LoveStruck! It's so amazing. That little drop of motor oil is what does it for me. My first love had motorcycles, and always smelled slightly of motor oil, (and sun & wind & leather). I was only 15, (we were together 6 years!), so that smell really takes me back to those first unfamiliar, overwhelming rushes of hormones. It has the same effect on me now that it did then! :blush:

I don't wear a lot of the men's scents, but I've worn a few. I love the scented Teddy BB (can't remember if it has a different name right now - just woke up), but I find it fuzzy, warm & really comforting. I got a trial vial for BF, but he wasn't big on it, so I took it over. When I was younger I always wore men's scents. But these days I tend to wear girlier stuff.

Luna what are some of the other men's fragrances that you like? I'd like to check them out in reviews. I've always been more of a men's fragrance type gal- greens, herbals (Well actually I guess that classifies as green, LOL) woods, citrus, spices, watery, etc more than floral. However I have discovered - thanks to LP - that I'm kind of a foodie chick now as well. ;) Edited by LoveStruck55

Loves Truck: Have not tried Steamy Daydreams, but if you haven't tried wearing any of the unisex ones yourself you are def missing out. They are wonderful.

I've only branched out a little. I absolutely LOVE River Song and Ilori. I find myself actually looking for Le Wizard's creations. I got LP #9 simply because curiosity got the best of me! It reminds me of the 90s and CK1, LOL. I don't wear it very often. I'm trying to convince my 15-year-old that it's "cool" (or swag or beast - whatever is the term of the day) I think it's perfect for a teen.

I got a sample of NorthShore last month too. I know it's a guy's scent but I really like it!

Edited by LoveStruck55

Luna what are some of the other men's fragrances that you like?

My favorites of the permanent line are SUPER, Voracious, Teddy Man and Pashazade.

I have some long-gone favorites that I've hoarded, like Ares, Bad Boy, Down & Dirty for Him, Mark's Girl Nip, Sudden Impact, Teacher's Pet, Unseelie, and my PE Q&Q's Delicious Wood (which I had made for Quince years ago, it smells somewhat like Teddy Man, but more wood-y).

My favorites of the permanent line are SUPER, Voracious, Teddy Man and Pashazade.

I have some long-gone favorites that I've hoarded, like Ares, Bad Boy, Down & Dirty for Him, Mark's Girl Nip, Sudden Impact, Teacher's Pet, Unseelie, and my PE Q&Q's Delicious Wood (which I had made for Quince years ago, it smells somewhat like Teddy Man, but more wood-y).

I'm glad you mentioned the latter (Ares, Bad Boy, Down & Dirty for Him, Mark's Girl Nip, Sudden Impact, Teacher's Pet, Unseelie) since the Archive lists everything. It's helpful to see the notes to find similar stuff. I think SI's finale was just on AF after I started my LP ride... I thought about it but I was more in the "me" stage of purchasing. Now I know... Snooze ya lose.

I am curious though... If I wear a man's fragrance with an added (typically) male phero (like SI w/ WM) what should I expect EFX-wise, if anything?

Edited by LoveStruck55

Usually you get a headache, or your attitude will shift into Bitch mode, that's why Mara normally cautions against women using men's blends. I don't always have negative effects but I have a hormonal imbalance so I think that has something to do with me being able to handle men's pheromone blends at least in small doses.

Usually you get a headache, or your attitude will shift into Bitch mode, that's why Mara normally cautions against women using men's blends. I don't always have negative effects but I have a hormonal imbalance so I think that has something to do with me being able to handle men's pheromone blends at least in small doses.

Thanks Luna! I can't imagine something shifting me into any more of a Bitch mode than I am these days (I am riding the hormonal dragon with a fervor). Sometimes I could use some "backbone" and I was secretly hoping the answer might be in one of the men's phero blends. I suppose the term "backbone" infers masculity, no? :huh: (JK!) I did get on my soapbox for awhile today with 2 of the 3 menfolk in my HH, after being asked,"Why are you being such a bitch?". :smiley-angry037:

Which begs the question...why is it when men get angry or fervent they are just "being aggressive" or "manly" but when I do it I'm either being a bitch or psycho... or a combo thereof ?****

I will approach with caution as per Mara's and your instructions. I guess the good news for me is the Steamy Daydreams is JUST Steamy Daydreams so I could slather with reckless abandon. ;)

ETA: ****Wait! I forgot! Could the answer be found in the Male Privilege Handbook?

Edited by LoveStruck55