Garden In The Rain

Beccah

AD-GardenRain_1.jpg

Garden In The Rain

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.
ROSE ~
Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
CLOVER ~ Protection, preservation of youth, fidelity. Healing, soothing, luck.
BIRCH LEAF ~ Symbolizes renewal and cleansing, birth, healing, Lunar energies, and protection.
MAHOGANY ~ Fertility, growth, grounding, clarifying, bonds of love.
ROSEWOOD ~
Love, spreads an exotic aura, mystery, darkness. Enhances psychic powers, healing, divination, luck, protection.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

• 2 weeks later...

This is not what I expected at all. I'd say it's a very elegant scent, and it actually reminds me of the original Cartier La Panthere, but softer. It's just a tiny bit woody on my skin, the rose and honeysuckle keeping it from being too heavy on the wood side, but I cannot distinguish the individual floral notes. Maybe the rose, a tiny bit.

Ohhhhh, now this is a floral I can wear! This is *lovely*! Bright, lovely honeysuckle, gentle rose...wet those are prominent. I'll update on drydown, but this is promising to be a very good one.

Reminded me of fairy massacre - that honeysuckle rose combo, must be! - but this is juicier and despite the notes feels les green to me. This is positively syrupy. I want to pour it into some gin over ice and set a spell out on the back porch

In the vial I love this one so much. It's such a beautifully fresh blending, it has that same quality I love about Betrothal Potion. But on my skin I think the sandalwood is doing weird things. *sigh*

I was surprised to find (back with Leprechaun Luck) that I love honeysuckle scents. I just never knew they could be so pretty! This one is fab, sharing the spotlight with the rose (another of my floral loves) and the woods are there to really ground it.

I took a few of the NR samples with me on a mini vacation to the ocean, and this is the one I kept reaching for. It's just so beautiful and calming, doesn't interfere with my enjoyment of the natural scents at the ocean or when we go out to eat. It's just sooooo feminine and perhaps even a bit child-like, optimistic. It's also a perfect reflection of the environment that LPMP comes from...here in the Pacific Northwest, we have honeysuckle, we have roses, and we have rain :)

I seriously love the July New Releases, many of them do great in the heat, and are even begging to be worn with a sweaty body. This to me is the cooler one, the one that calls to me of quiet, balanced days. I could see this pairing well with whatever pheros you wear during PMS or to help with sleep and times of stress.

Ah Wendynne, I don't know if I'm up to the task....Im just not as poetic as some here, and I don't have all the official words to describe a scent like a wine taster. Seaside Sizzle arouses me. Garden in the Rain comforts me and speaks to me of constant beauty. It's sweet, but not heavily floral ( Mara's are the only floral scents I can stand to wear, like for so many of us). The woodsy aspects are soft. The sandalwood to me is a very minor aspect here. More clover and birch, happy and sweet.

Hope that helps ? Perhaps the more eloquent members can help you as well :)

I wish I could do big florals. First applied, I almost washed it off. But I kept it on since I'm just at home this morning and I no rush to leave anywhere.

It's starting off as a big bouquet of flowers with a spicy undertone. I'm not sure where I'm getting the spice from... Once it settles, I start to get more of the woods... The woods are gorgeous and smell like nature after a summer rain.

The scent is very elegant and fresh as a garden. It may be a little too floral for my tastes but very nice.

Edited by hearts

Oh my gosh, this is springtime in Tucson. I know this is "hucklesuckle" (my mom's turn of phrase), rose and clover, but if you've ever been in the Catalinas in the spring, this is it. My parents' home sat in the foothills. In the early spring, while the riverbed was running with snowmelt, we used to hike the creek, and up through the pass where every spring the Acacia burst into bloom, dripping with golden blossoms and scenting the air until it was like breathing velvet. I love this scent, all sun-warmed morning blossoms after a crisp desert night. Le Wiz, this is gorgeous.

This was also not what I expected. This is light, elegant fresh and floral scent that's made richer by the wood. The honeysuckle adds just a touch of sweetness. The rose is more of a suggestion on my skin, not as forward as some of the other rose scents. The wood notes are the most prominent for me. they almost sort of remind me of smoking pipes.

'twas just a garden in the rain
Close to a little leafy lane
A touch of color 'neath skies of gray

The raindrops kissed the flower beds
The blossoms raised their thirsty heads
A perfumed "Thank you" they seemed to say

Surely here was charm beyond compare - to view
Maybe it was just that I was there - with you

'twas just a garden in the rain
But then the sun came out again
And sent us happily on our way

Now why didn't you use that in the description? It's so charming!

It's a famous standard, still under copyright. I found the song and thought it described the perfume perfectly.

I think this scent is one of John's best efforts! :)

Ah okay; it sounds old enough to be public domain, heh.

I agree - at first sniff I said, "Oh John-John, you outdid yourself this time, brother!" :D

This one was all about the wood notes on me, especially the sandalwood. I could smell the floral notes in the vial, but as soon as it hit my skin the sandalwood amped. It had a very incensy vibe on me.

My skin chemistry murdered the floral aspect of this perfume. It is all wood, all the time on my skin. Like, not even in perfume territory. More in the territory of "I just purchased a new, high quality, expensive piece of furniture" wood scent. I think I will use Garden In The Rain in an oil warmer to scent the room because it really is lovely, just not with my skin chemistry.

This has a strange medicinal scent on my skin which it doesn't have in the vial. I'm not sure what note is the culprit as I have never smelt anything like this before. The medicinal scent does fade after about an hours dry down and it becomes much more as I would expect a scent titled garden in the rain to smell, fresh woody and green. But unfortunately I can still faintly pick up the medical background.

• 3 weeks later...

Testing this one tonight. It's not wearing like a BIGLOUD floral. The floral feel is there, but mostly I'm getting is the wood/leaf notes - the birch, sandalwood and maybe even a touch of the rosewood. To my surprise, I'm quite enjoying it. There's something that feels a little spicy and exotic playing up on me, but looking at the ingredient list, I can't even begin to imagine what it might be - the honeysuckle, perhaps? Or maybe the sandalwood... I need to test this a few more times, because I'm totally intrigued. This is a really cool scent!

• 1 month later...

When I first sniffed this scent, I thought: "Oh! oh, how exquisite", and that's still my response every time I sniff. I've tried to detect particular notes, but my inexperience or the perfect blending has made it impossible. I wish I could give a more technical review, clarifying precisely what makes this so irresistible, but I'm afraid all I know is that I love it. Clear and summery without being steamy, outdoors without being too floral or too green, on me it's sheer and diaphanous, and if I could, I would smell like this all summer.

• 4 weeks later...

With a bit of aging this has become less booming at the outset (not that I minded that), BUT just lasts absolutely FOREVER. I've had it on for over 8 hours and it still smells nearly as strong as when I put it on. The honeysuckle is quite a bit more prominent vs the other notes, compared to my nose's memory of when it was new.

ETA I've dabbed some LV pussycat on top and it is glorious

Edited by tyvey

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, this is surprisingly mellow!

I can definitely spot the honeysuckle but its loud in an understated way. It has this out in the garden in the early morning feel to it, not obnoxious and heavy like i was expecting at all :o

I dont recognize some notes, its very feminine~

I have a feel this will just grow more lovely as it ages! Cant wait!

• 1 month later...

On me, Garden in the Rain begins earthy and "green" then quickly blooms into bright and zesty florals, grounded nicely with those earthy notes. These surprisingly don't overpower the beautiful floral notes, they successfully compliment giving depth. I find this fragrance feminine and sensual. I am so happy that it lasts for a long time.

• 2 months later...

This one is definitely a real winner! The first few minutes are very green with overly strong florals on my skin, but then everything quickly settles and balances out. The floral garden is an even blending of rose and honeysuckle. They're equal companions, not rivaling contenders. Neither one overtakes the other at any point. Green and woody notes compliment the florals and add depth. Everything comes together so nicely!

This LP is elegant, beautiful and demure. There's something about it that's very harmonious to me. It's kinda like nature in a bottle. It feels alive. There's rain, warm air, a garden of flowers, trees. Definitely a new favorite of mine! Plus it lasted well over 12 hours too.

• 2 years later...

This is pretty and I like the concept, and I love florals, but my skin just ate it almost immediately and I couldn't smell it. And I put a bit too much on by accident, too, so I should have been able to smell it.

I don't know why my skin eats some of these scents.