New Releases for Autumn 2022!

One last best guess before I turn in for the night.  Could Red Rum have something to do with blood?  There was  a Blud in an autumn release a couple of years back (I didn’t try it tho). Blood is red… Red Rum is murder spelled backwards. Good night all 🛌 💤

1 hour ago, Eve said:

Red Rum is murder spelled backwards

What a good catch!

3 hours ago, Artemis said:

I keep checking every time I take a break at work or go pee. 🤭 which makes no sense because I can't afford to buy anything until later in the month anyway 🤣

LOL, I keep checking too, even though I can't smell anything due to covid 🤣

13 hours ago, luna65 said:

The choice of title was meant to be a reference to The Shining, but it's not a tie-in.

I think it’s time for you all to revisit this scary Shining scene.

And now I’m scaring myself! I read The Shining when I was 8, along with a bunch of other age-inappropriate Steven King books. 

Edited by Eastwood22

6 hours ago, Kayla said:

Am I the only one who keeps refreshing the website to see of the NRs have posted, lol? I can't stand the suspense! 

ETA - I had to pull out Haystack to see what it smelled like. Yum! I had forgotten about that one.

I refresh the website on average 5 times a day since Saturday😁

THE NEW RELEASES ARE UP AND ORDERABLE! Woohooo! Thank you for your patience!

As always, please let me know if you find any errors, I appreciate the assist!

A note about this collection:

What started as a fanciful idea between Israel and myself became a true collaboration of friends, and this set would not be around without the contribution of all of those credited on this set. I want to thank Israel, one of my best friends on Earth, for facilitating this collection while I was down with The Plague last month, as well as translation assistance and aroma testing and approval while my nose was in dubious condition. Brenda contributed a multitude of recipes and ingredient suggestions based upon the holiday and other beloved Mexican traditions. Sacha also contributed recipes and ingredient ideas, and spent hours educating me about Dia de los Muertos, as well as helping to properly entitle the blends in Spanish - which was tricky, because some of them differ between Mexico and Puerto Rico! And last but certainly not least, our amazing Julie, who combined multiple voices in two languages into one cohesive masterpiece of a collection. We hope you love this set as much as we do. Enjoy!

And here is your Cheat Sheet for the month!:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KinN5_S2VP-TFR1o67adQvYHixG165nFvRuDIEp5kgM/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you! Good night!

(    :smokingbun:  Sitting back waiting for my shipping notice!!!!!  )

Thank you Mara! I took a chance  and ordered the sampler.  There were too many that were “maybes” to just get a handful, which is what I fully intended to do. 

@citrine in the description notes it compares  Pumpkin Dulce to Garland and Lace. 

Edited by Eve
pre-coffee impaired sentence structuring.

These notes look amazing! Exactly what I was hoping for this year! Thank you so much for making this collection!

I’m getting ready to go to a dia los muertos wedding for my family and this is perfect! 

2 hours ago, Eve said:

@citrine in the description notes it compares  Pumpkin Dulce to Garland and Lace

My covid brain skipped that part, thank you :blushing: I do love Garland and Lace though!

May I ask a stupid question- what does Dragon's blood smell like?

9 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I think it’s time for you all to revisit this scary Shining scene.

And now I’m scaring myself! I read The Shining when I was 8, along with a bunch of other age-inappropriate Steven King books. 

Interestingly I don't think the book is as scary as the movie is.  I first saw the movie when I was 13 which was also all kinds of age-inappropriateness (courtesy of a friend and her indulgent father).

1 hour ago, citrine said:

May I ask a stupid question- what does Dragon's blood smell like?

Not stupid, dear!  It's a resin so it can have the depth to it, but it can also be rather sweet depending on the source.

Dragon's Blood: Different harvests can smell different ways. IMO, it's supposed to smell like rich dark resin/sap. Some of them can smell a touch spicy. I have noted that low quality examples can smell like cherry or cherry bubblegum. I tend to use the types that smell lavish and rich, and I pass along ones that are not up to my standards.

Personal obsession of the moment: I have been wearing Earth & Urn every day. It smells amazing on me and lasts and lasts all day into night. One day I inadvertently layered it with one of the LP Autumns of yore, and that was fabulous too, so I recommend some experimentation with it if you desire to sweeten it up.

I've realized Remembrance sounds kind of like Marigold & Amaranth, which I loooooooooove. Love, love love! Love!

(I'm a little bit allergic to chamomile, but I'm going to try it anyway to see if it's a level I can deal with. Sometimes I can and will wear them! I'm reminded of a friend I once had who was allergic to chocolate, but would sometimes eat it anyways because it was worth it. That's how I am with lpmps. Sometimes, it is worth it!)

Good afternoon, Potion Master. 😘 Firstly, these are truly lovely, both in respectful representation, and in olfactory appeal. 

I absolutely am ordering a sample of Earth and Urn and Sugared Skulls. I sometimes amp amber/resin/Copal. I noticed you mentioned sweetening Earth and Urn. Any suggestions for sweetening if my skin betrays me, or, should I ask you once I have received, rested, and tried the scents? 

3 hours ago, Potion Master said:

Dragon's Blood: Different harvests can smell different ways. IMO, it's supposed to smell like rich dark resin/sap. Some of them can smell a touch spicy. I have noted that low quality examples can smell like cherry or cherry bubblegum. I tend to use the types that smell lavish and rich, and I pass along ones that are not up to my standards.

See, I knew you would have the real description!

4 hours ago, luna65 said:

Interestingly I don't think the book is as scary as the movie is.  I first saw the movie when I was 13 which was also all kinds of age-inappropriateness (courtesy of a friend and her indulgent father).

You’re right, Stanley Kubrick and that music made it so much scarier. I also read Carrie at that time. Who lets kids have these books?

Off to read notes! Yay!!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!! I can’t believe I got a Hungry Souls shout out! :thank-you:

Edited by Eastwood22

3 hours ago, Potion Master said:

Personal obsession of the moment: I have been wearing Earth & Urn every day. It smells amazing on me and lasts and lasts all day into night.

It sounds so good! 

4 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Good afternoon, Potion Master. 😘 Firstly, these are truly lovely, both in respectful representation, and in olfactory appeal. 

I absolutely am ordering a sample of Earth and Urn and Sugared Skulls. I sometimes amp amber/resin/Copal. I noticed you mentioned sweetening Earth and Urn. Any suggestions for sweetening if my skin betrays me, or, should I ask you once I have received, rested, and tried the scents? 

I think you'll like it as is, and you can even share it with your men. But it would pair well with any of the Autumnal dry leafy blends, or indeed LP Original. :)

On 10/11/2022 at 5:11 PM, luna65 said:

Not stupid, dear!  It's a resin so it can have the depth to it, but it can also be rather sweet depending on the source.

On 10/11/2022 at 6:32 PM, Potion Master said:

Thank you!!! :thank-you:🥰

• 2 weeks later...