Glistening Buttons

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup...feeling the pain too here, ladies...

Maybe a Velvet Kisses' bottle might make me feel better..

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I LOVVEEEEEE the honey in Glistening Buttons, so warm and welcoming. Dabbed it on my hand and after awhile it felt like I was snuggling on the sofa with a mug of hot chocolate... !!! Can't WAIT till winter to snuggle up with this!!

I know if this bad boy comes round again I'm definately getting some. The only reason I didn't last time is because the hubbs turned his nose up at it when I tried the sample. But then months later when I was wearing it just for me he is all 'mmmmmm, oh my what is that?!' and I'm sll slapping my forehead and sighing to myself..

I didn't like this at first when it came out,but oh my goodness, this is AMAZING. I'm not sure if my chemistry changed, my nose changed, glistening buttons just aged into me or what. I can do honey! I finally get it, and I'm loving it. The scent overall is warm, gauzy, soft, and sexy. Is this honey a light honey or is this how honey usually is? Must nab if there is a rebrew!

Gods. Y'all are reminding me that I'm hoarding some of this by *hiding* it from myself. :w00t: Need to wear it again!!! :heart:

ETA: I STILL can't get over the fact that I can actually WEAR this one. WOW. :)

I wonder what makes this honey do-able?

This settles down to a honeyed whipped cream on me. I know GB is way more complex, but would LAM: Vanilla honey give off the same vibe? Is the honey do-able in that one?

I know GB is way more complex, but would LAM: Vanilla honey give off the same vibe? Is the honey do-able in that one?

Somewhat similar but to me Original LAM! is more like Sugared Honeycomb. I don't think it's particularly dirty, just sexy.

Does this smell anything like Pouncing Potion?

I wouldn't say so, what it most reminds me of is Deliciously Wicked.

It's one of my all-time favorite LPs! As I mentioned in my review, I tried to sort of recreate it via my Epic Trilogy (+1) PE series, but without even trying, Mara actually did it with this one (though my PEs smell wonderful thanks to her as well, heh). When Mara first told me about GB, I said to her, "Wait a minute, that's my Epic Trilogy!" and she said, "No, not exactly!" :lol:

• 2 months later...

That is it-- no more leather for me. Dabbed this on hand for some oomph for my workout. Results:

- The scent has aged beyond gorgeously, even more than the average LP.....it's deep dark dusky honey with dark cocoa powder dusting the air. The honey isn't wet or gloppy but powdery, almost vaporous. Very cool. Throws like a mofo.

- whiplash DIHLs, a super age inappropriate guy following me around the gym like a lost puppy.

- cleaver headache, & I turned into whatever that horror movie monster is that has a head that looks like a carnivorous dinosaur's, brownish black, dripping with slime, huge mouth bristling with misshapen, braces-needing razor teeth, that goes around biting off people's heads or biting them into halves. But noobs, I'm an ultra lightweight- seem to be getting MORE so over time- so take my experience with a block of salt.

EeeeYIKES Tyvey :( :( I 'm sorry :Hug_emoticon: I still consider myself a phero lightweight too,but I loves me some Leather,ordered it in spray bercause of trying GB... you are right about the scent though,am ever so grateful I stocked a few on this one :wub:

Aw thank you yah it was a pretty drastic reaction. I figured out the creature I was envisioning - it was Alien :)

:10_small16:

...see,I wanted to tell you how funny that was,but did not seem to fit at the time...hope you are back to normal :hearts09793:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I can't believe I forgot to report back on this after wearing it the other day, especially 'cause I was so excited about the funny hit I got! I HAD A GROCERY STORE MINION! :lol:

I wore this a few days ago, and later in the evening, went grocery shopping. Our grocery store has these self check-out things where you scan all of your own items & bag 'em yourself. Scanning produce is always a pain in the ass 'cause you have to press so many buttons in order to enter the proper code, and then you've got to weigh each item. It takes forever. And there's always one person manning the self-check-out station, (there are 12 checkouts), just in case anyone has problems, and to make sure no one's stealing. I started checking out my groceries, and suddenly there's this grocery store dude standing beside me, offering to scan ALL my produce for me! :lol: I was like, "Sure buddy! Knock your boots off!" WOOT! I've never had a minion before. It was pretty nice! :D