Gianduja

Jo Anna

AD-Gianduja.jpg?v=7516fd43adaa

Gianduja

Step right up for the most spellbinding confections this side of Hades, bewitching delectable treats await…if you dare approach the Creepy Cook! The most devilishly delicious Fall Fudge you could conjure, in fragrant form: spiced pumpkin accords are blended with rich chocolate fudge and vanilla, creamy hazelnut and marshmallow…and for that darkly forbidden aura, two types of rare Oud attar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
HAZELNUT ~ Intuition, wisdom, protection, fertility.
MARSHMALLOW ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
OUD EO ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was really looking forwarded to this one. :) What's not to love about this particular combination.

After an hour and a half after application on me...it smells like spicy semi-sweet fudge. It's definitely gourmand but not super sweet. The cinnamon is really pushed forward in this (on me) and it's more spicy than sweet. I love it. It makes me want to lick my arm.

Dark, chocolatey- the fudge note in here reminds me a good bit of A Regal Confection - but NOT the sweetness that that one had w/the icing on top! It's gourmand, not candy-like. DARK. Almost an herbal top note that burned off fairly quickly. Nom!

I got a heavenly spiced chocolate yesterday,but still had my nose full of MRF at the time :) I really think this one is going to be special,and a must have for the foodies among us...you know who we are :D

Ever notice how some chocolate-type scents smell like cocoa, others like milk chocolate, others like rich chocolate syrup? I've smelled a lot of chocolate scents over the years, which is why it's so surprising that this one really does smell like fudge. Seriously, one whiff takes me back to being a little kid, coming home on a cold night, and my parents stirring up fudge in the kitchen. I can see the old, scarred dish we used, feel the way thin, dark slivers crumbled in my hand . . .

Wow. This is a reminder of why I love perfume in the first place. What an old and powerful memory, all because of oil in some little vial.

This really is a spiced pumpkin FUDGE. :D Thick, rich, loaded with calories....dark chocolate fudge swirled with creamy pumpkin and warm spices with a warm nuttiness from the hazelnut, though it doesn't smell like Nutella but distinctly chocolate pumpkin fudge. It gets even better as it dries down, with the fluffy vanilla and marshmallow adding even more fattening deliciousness to the whole thing, and then a hint of darkness in the background from the oude. Now I'm going to go scouring teh internets for a recipe for something similar to this.

*sadface*

In the vial this is so deliciously dark and creamy and OMGYUM! I love how the hazelnut and marshmallow add such a richness to the chocolate. But on me the spices completely take over, much like what happens with the Pumpkin Trilogy.

OH HAI, I'M ALL SPICE. *does weird choreography*

But then hours later there's this really nice faint chocolate aura, and that's pretty much my life when it comes to any fragrance where I want the other qualities more than the spice. *sigh*

*edit*

The oud comes out for me in the end as well...chocolate oud, you'd be thinking "Huh?" But it's very sexy, in truth.

Edited by luna65

OMG This is exactly what it is on me. WAYYYYYYY SPICEYYYYYY. Hint of dusty chocolate in the background. It is like my nose is buried in a spice pile. It is very Christmasy to me.

The more I smell it the more I like it though. I do think the chocolate is coming out more. I know this sounds like lunacy to all the chocolate lovin' LP girls out there but I think Special Delivery fulfills all my chocolate scent needs. For now anyway.

eta: Ok the spices have completely mellowed out and now it is a nice dusty chocolate. I like it quite a bit now!!

Edited by missdarlyncherie

The missing Spice Girl?

I *love* the oudh/chocolate finish -which for me is there pretty much from the start as well. It's a very neat combo!

Yes I am the secret Spice Girl, All Spice. I stand out because I refuse to wear the platform boots. :bday1032:

PS: I can haz yr skin?!

*considers adding oud to the Epic Trilogy base*

Edited by luna65

Yes I am the secret Spice Girl, All Spice. I stand out because I refuse to wear the platform boots. :bday1032:

PS: I can haz yr skin?!

*considers adding oud to the Epic Trilogy base*

You can haz, but be warned it AMPS THE HELL out of apricot and red berries. Life is full of trade-offs, yes? :winktongue:

You can haz, but be warned it AMPS THE HELL out of apricot and red berries. Life is full of trade-offs, yes? :)

At least you don't amp Brown Sugar and Tobacco. I feel like those 2 ruin about half of the really nommy LPs that everybody else loves so much

Civit is the one that I amp, anything with even the teensiest bit ends up smelling like straight up skank on me. I am in love with this scent, oddly enough stuffing my man with meat & potatoes & slathered in this over cops, did not get me laid last night, but @ least I did need to have dessert...

Wet, it's very spice-forward - I don't get anything else other than a faint sense of pumpkin. Will be back to edit as it dries

ETA ok so I retried this today, bit more than the tiny smudge of above. Got glorious blast of spiced chocolate. In drydown, my skin ate everything posthaste EXCEPT the chocolate, and now I've just got a Regal Confection-y chocolate goodness wafting from my arm.

Edited by tyvey

• 1 month later...

I get lots of spices over a light hazelnut-chocolate base after dry down. Initially there is a strong almond-like scent. Kind of like holiday desserts on steroids. If you've been looking for a foody spice scent, this is it!

• 2 months later...

Been on such a chocolate-scent craving kick lately, and this thread reminded me to get out this sample and slather. Unlike Mara, when I slather, I SLATHER-- I tanked at least half the vial :D and THIS time it was ALL CINNAMON FEST UP IN HEAH, just warmed by the marshmallow....for hours...and only now are the chocolate and nuts coming out. This one is quite a chameleon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this like Santa's Helper at all?

That one is a clove-fest on me. I would say they're both spicy depending on how they react with your chemistry, potentially.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My brain is having such a hard time understanding: pumpkin + chocolate = dreamy. Chocolate and cinnamon I get. Pumpkin and cinnamon I get. But pumpkin, cinnamon, chocolate fudge? :huh: Pumpkin. Fudge. Pumpkin. And fudge. Nope. My mind can't make it work. I think I want to go full bottle because everything individually in it screams yes to me - even if I can't wrap my head around it. Is that totally retarded?

I keep forgetting how much I like this one!!...getting it out right now to wear tonight to continue my chocolate craving :lol:

...munching on cacao nibs keeps me too buzzed to sleep! :w00t:

Does anyone think it would hold cops well?

Only if you want it to be, I guess. :lol:

I have never had, nor heard of, spiced pumpkin fudge...but I like fudge....and I haven't met a pumpkin scent I didn't like, lol. Is it a fudge or a pumpkin? I really like pumpkin, can you pick out pumpkin or is it a hint in the background to the fudge? Gosh. I'm ridiculously fascinated by this idea! I almost have to have it now...just cuz! :Emoticons04280::Emoticons04239::Emoticons04287::Emoticons04231::Emoticons04263:

I didn't get pumpkin so much as spice, because you can do it two ways: you can use an accord to get the actual pumpkin flesh smell, or you can use a spice blend to create the pumpkin pie smell which makes people think pumpkin without there actually being any. Or use both things. Anyway, spice amps to crazy levels on me, I wanted more chocolate. But because it's a pretty robust gourmand I'd say it can handle a cops boost.

SOLD! Gotta get it. Thank you Luna :love: You're descriptions are fantastic! The spices remind me of every good holiday I ever had growing up and I'll probably always associate those smells with happy times. I cook with all kinds of squash now that I'm "all grown up" so pumpkin itself would be a winner too...Mmm baked squash with butter, brown and palm sugars and a hint of dark molasses...that's my little corner of heaven some days :) But I'm totally willing to give spiced fudge a go :w00t:

REALLY! How so? I have Lusty Licious coming in my order. What strikes you as similar? I wouldn't have thought so but LL does have pumpkin and vanilla fudge OMGOSH! Fess up, spill the beans :w00t: Lighter? Heavier? Fruitier? Creamier???

REALLY! How so? I have Lusty Licious coming in my order. What strikes you as similar? I wouldn't have thought so but LL does have pumpkin and vanilla fudge OMGOSH! Fess up, spill the beans :w00t: Lighter? Heavier? Fruitier? Creamier???

I think this one could be a close cousin of Lusty, it really smells very similar to me when I wear both on my arm together....yummy

I think this one could be a close cousin of Lusty, it really smells very similar to me when I wear both on my arm together....yummy

Ooooooh...I can see layering possibilities here.......

Thanks; I appreciate the compliment. :)

:020105~21: You're always very helpful to us all at some time or another...you should be appreciated :heart: And I am absolutely positive that I am not only speaking for myself :) Your "educated nose" and descriptive writing abilities benefit everyone here!

What she said :) ...da Luna Chick knows she has her fangirls,and guys,but yeah,it is good to hear it put so well :abfx:

Gianduja is yummy spiced fudge still on me...and yes it will cover cops :P

Gianduja is yummy spiced fudge still on me...and yes it will cover cops :P

NICE!

• 3 weeks later...

WOW! When I first applied - YUM! it really is chocolatey! But then I got the cinnamon and then when that stepped back what followed by a long creamy dry down that is currently just divinely foodie and delicious! I don't know how this confection was created but HOLYMOLY!!! What a knockout! Ya'all were SOOOOOO right! :love: