Strawberry Cream Cake

Beccah

AD-StrawCreamCake.jpg

Strawberry Cream Cake

Perhaps more than any other fruit, strawberries are associated with romance and Valentine’s Day, as a member of the plant family Rosaceae the connection is obvious! Strawberries bring one of the first signs of Spring, as the first fruit to ripen upon the season’s approach, and thus, as we find ourselves in the last days of Winter, the rufescent sweetness gives us hope for the blossoming of all things…especially love. A prized aphrodisiac and believed to encourage love and affection in those who share the fruit with each other, tempt your loved one with a whiff of our romantic-minded confection! A trio of strawberry accords folded into buttercream, pudding-style and rich cake-y vanillas, then covered in thick cream cheese frosting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

*Hey look! They got Halo to model on the label for us ;)

This one smells High Strawberry in the vial. I must have sniffed that vial about a dozen times before finally using it!

If you were fortunate enough to have scored a bottle of Sweet Jessica, this is a very subtle version of it. Sweet Jessica was a very, well, sweet strawberry cream. This is Sweet Jessica Lite -- it won't raise your blood sugar or decay your teeth sniffing it.

It's soft, yummy, strawberry cream, emphasis on the soft. Unlike the screams given off by the annual strawberry shower gel from BBW, this whispers.

I like it.

Oooo, you make it sound just lovely....hey, hear that? That's my foot thumping! :lol:

This is a candied strawberry softened with sweet cream. It reminds me of my youth: Strawberry lip smackers and my Little Pony. JD and Tyvey are right, this does remind me of a lighter Sweet Jessica or orange-less Fallen Angel.

It's begging for a Lace or Heart & Soul add in!

Edited by hearts

:Emoticons04284:I have no reference for FA or SJ. I'll just have to wait and see....I loved My Little Pony! :D Wonder if will evoke any unremembered scent memories for me? :)

I loved this and I'm so glad I went FB. No pointy cake notes on me, YES!

A smooth strawberry/vanilla. It has depth but it does not scream. A subtle, pink, strawberry cream scent. It's for big girls.

Yes definitely Lace, Heart & Soul or Gotcha would go well here. :)

Lace, Gotcha!, Perfect Match, Cuddle Bunny... this would combine with LAM!? Oh! Oh! And maybe Balm Bomb too?

I have a question does the strawberry smell too young and girly?

Absolutely not. It's grown up strawberry, not eighth grade strawberry. It is wonderful.

You'll love it, LV! And if you don't -- I'll buy it from ya! :wink2:

Yeah can't wait to test this baby out with Lace!

I have a question does the strawberry smell too young and girly?

No it's a sexy grown up Strawberry. Like a classy strawberry-cream dessert you'd share with a hot date in a high end restaurant.

I don't get little girl fruity with this at all.

Scent memory is a weird thing. Strawberries and cream remind me of my Strawberry Shortcake dolls from my childhood... But this perfume is yummy! And the soft musk drydown keeps it from veering into little girl perfume.

Edited by hearts

Today is the day!!!! I am not wearing anything because I want a nice clean slate when it arrives and this is one that I got FB... actually two. I admit it. I love strawberries!! From the reviews, it sounds like this is going to be a major winner!!! Can't wait. :cat690:

First impressions wet: Strawberry Bubbilicious! Like you just popped a piece in your mouth, that first juicy burst of flavor, the syrupy sweetness of that initial sugar rush. In minutes, it tones down, and morphs into a much more sophisticated strawberry, swirling around with a whipped vanilla buttercream and something a little perfumey in the background, must be the musk! I think I will like the dry-down if the musk comes out some more on me. :)

My hometown has a snow cone place that makes the best snow cones you will ever eat, period. My favorite are the strawberry, the rainbow (which contains a streak of strawberry for the red) and from my youth, the Michaelangelo Ninja Turtle (lime green with dribbles of red strawberry). The initial blast of strawberry in this LP is exactly like it and took me back to summer evenings walking around with friends and big heaping snow cones.

First on, I worried that this was too youthful, but I quickly changed my mind, It's a rich, creamy vanilla-strawberry fragrance. It's not like ice cream, though, is a rich, buttery dessert drenched in strawberries and cream whipped with just a touch of vanilla. The musk makes this all grownup. I wonder if this will take cops. That's what I want to wear with this. Straight cops. Lace, if I want to play nice. ;)

The strawberry in this is indeed very sweet Jessica-like. But the cake takes it in a different direction - more fatty than sugary as compared to sj. I am looking forward to getting more musk- it's only just drying down. Eta Ooo yeah there it is. Now that's it's dry it's reminding me powerfully of going into an Anthropologie store. I think it's the dry grown up surprisingly not-that-foody vanilla.

Edited by tyvey

So. What had happened was, like always, I couldn't wait 24 hours to smell everything. Well, the top on this little vial was being quite resistant to being opened...leading me to FINALLY get the top off but in doing so I swiped my finger pretty generously. I don't have the heart to wipe it off so I guess I'm testing prematurely :lol: That being said, it's incredibly bright! It must be the strawberry. I don't think I'm getting the truest reading though because I'm getting fruity jolly rancher - which I don't hate, lol, I just know that things can change a lot overnight so I'm sure that vanilla-y butter creamy goodness is hiding in there somewhere...will return with more as it reveals itself :)

My top had the same problem NuTrix but mine actually broke! I talked to Mara about it this morning and she shared this tip: use a cloth or rag and hold both the top and bottom of the vial with it while you pry it open. It will save your fingertips the pain!

Halo - Oh WOW! Thanks for sharing that tip! I had opened like 4 vials, tried that one...for quite some time, lol...then moved on and came back to it BECAUSE I needed to give my fingers a break :lol: It's been the only one so far of all the little vials. So sorry yours broke! I hope you didn't cut yourself :( I know I was worried I would break mine. At least I know from fighting to get the lid back on that it won't go popping off by accident! :D

Tyvey - Hmm...no fair :lol: Not helping that I still have a half dozen vials to sniff through yet either...who KNOWS what I'll be smelling by the end of my frantic olfactory overload attempt!

I decided to try this one first today for work. I like it. The strawberry first comes across very fresh and ripe but not overly sweet. After it dried down, I could make out the vanilla and it mellowed out the fresh, green aspects for me. It's very light so it's not going to knock anyone's socks off. Definitely good for work. I'm not sure it's a love. I'm going to keep it, wait awhile and try again and see what I think. I do however think this is an awesome warm weather scent so I have no doubt it will be loved - if not now, then definitely come around April.

Mmm, the name says it all: this is cake for sure, and the strawberries are gorgeous real fruit! It settles down quickly on me and is a subtle, sophisticated foodie scent. I am not sure if I'll go full bottle -- not because it isn't gorgeous, but I'm not sure how much use I would get out of it (if I didn't have my Petit Four Your Thoughts, it might be a different story!). I am starting to look at my LP collection and realize I have only so many hours in the day and so many days in the week! But if you are looking for pink cake and like to wear it a lot, look no further--this is IT.

Creamy strawberry-vanilla candy! This reminds me of those strawberry Creamsavers in the best possible way. It has that tart zing of the strawberry to balance out the sweet elements, and a creamy, slightly buttery undertone. I have to keep reminding myself it has no calories. :lol: