Stalk Talk!

luna65

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will show my age here and say I prefer the original. However I do think JD did bring an interesting read to the character with the Marilyn Manson look and the way he treated the children.

QG you are't alone! I saw the first movie - but late - (according to my husband it is a crime for all the movies I have not seen and should have!) - they had it on TV because they always have on the originals when remakes come out so I had never seen it until then...but I thought the original WW was a wonderful character! When I saw the JD version I remember thinking it was quite dark...which isn't really a surprise - but the MM interpretation explains A LOT! :lol:

Oh - and....

:ph34r: *rustle rustle* :ph34r:

Edited by NuTrix

This may have been done before my time, but what about a colorology theme? Perhaps, someday?....

The Treasure collection, i.e. Treasure of Gold, Amethyst, Ruby & etc. is along that line.

Aaah! Didn't even think outside of gemology for those. Mainly in relation more to the zodiac and birth stones than to just color. Thanks ladies!

The thing is, though, zodiac perfume has been done so many times...Mara wants to avoid those thematic tropes which are readily available elsewhere.

I will show my age here and say I prefer the original. However I do think JD did bring an interesting read to the character with the Marilyn Manson look and the way he treated the children.

Age has nothing to do with it, as NuTrix pointed out! The original is a treasure of my childhood and I will guard it as such. I love it.

I think Mara is going to do an Oscar theme like best pic nominees.. for some reason Casablanca screams out at me. I feel like she is going to do an LP that would go with that movie.. like Casablanca Lilies.. whiskey.. sweet smoke.. sweet musk.. sweet coffee..sweet bavarian cream ??

Wait did that picture even win an Oscar? There was this line in Arrow on the CW.. fucking CW gives my hormonal forever teenager living inside my body a boner with all their shows... anyhow Arrow owns a bar.. and his ex walks into the place and he says.. Of all the gin joints in all of the towns.. OMG I wet myself on the couch. I died a thousand deaths right then and there, which by the way speaking of a thousand deaths.. they are now coming out with a new show.. Starcrossed Lovers.. cannot wait.

Oh yeah going back to STALKING

MOVIES THEME!

I really hope there's something that smells like freshly cut grass, but maybe February is early for that. And Easter isn't until April, so really I've no real ideas of what might await us this month... but there's not long to wait to find out, after all!

I'm loving my Absinthe of Malice w/Leather and I really hope another blend with Leather is made sometime soon….Leather is one of those phero's that I had wanted to try for a while and I love the confidence this one gives me….

So Bring on the LEATHER….

The thing is, though, zodiac perfume has been done so many times...Mara wants to avoid those thematic tropes which are readily available elsewhere.

Hmm. When I was thinking colors, I was thinking like mind/body/spirit, mood and emotion. Never even entered my mind to have anything to do with star signs...more like the chakra and the psyche. When you mentioned the "A Treasure of" theme it was so far of left field from what I was thinking I didn't catch the relation at first :D

I think Mara is going to do an Oscar theme like best pic nominees.. for some reason Casablanca screams out at me.

It did; three Oscars, actually.

That is one of my all time favorite movies and I use lines out of it constantly. In fact several of my friends have started using phrases like "the usual suspects" because I was using them. That phrase gets used quite often when they need parent volunteers and several of us show up. When we see who is there, one of my friends will look at me and say something like "What is it you say QG? 'The usual suspects'?" :lol:

Hmm...I'm wondering if NR's will come out on a special day...

I thought you ladies considered any day the new releases came out to be a specail day haha! :lol:

Hmm. When I was thinking colors, I was thinking like mind/body/spirit, mood and emotion. Never even entered my mind to have anything to do with star signs...more like the chakra and the psyche. When you mentioned the "A Treasure of" theme it was so far of left field from what I was thinking I didn't catch the relation at first :D

Oh now I get what you mean, you were relating the zodiac to gemstones, okay. LOL, never mind then.

But in actuality the ATO collection is in line with what you were thinking!

I thought you ladies considered any day the new releases came out to be a specail day haha! :lol:

Well, I can't argue with that! :)

Well not around here and out loud. You could get stoned for blasphemy haha! :lol:

Oh now I get what you mean, you were relating the zodiac to gemstones, okay. LOL, never mind then.

But in actuality the ATO collection is in line with what you were thinking!

Definitely going to have to revisit those again now... :)

D'oh! Edited to add:

:ph34r: *rustle rustle* :ph34r:

Edited by NuTrix

Can't wait to see the notes!

*quacks plaintively, dips down in pond, snatches nice fresh carp in beak, offers up for hints*

:emot129:

No, not a jungle juice kind of thing, I meant the range of fragrances rather than a kitchen-sink type of thing (which generally isn't a good idea in perfumerie anyway).