Stalk Talk!

luna65

Cops and Robbers was raspberry jelly donut and coffee, Undercover Lover was the raspberry cheesecake one.

Okay so citrus and honey - would a lighter honey work in terms of not making it too totally raging sex bomb?  LOL  I still think that's a faboo idea though, because it's such a great combination - especially if it were, say, akin to Dolly's Hot & Sticky (maybe with a smidge of lime instead of grapefruit).

I guess you're right about Titillating Temptress being an OCCO Mocha, although it didn't work on me (*sad kitteh face*).  I guess I'm thinking of something like Sungold Mocha but all chocolate, like both light and sweet types.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with having no spices in the coffee OCCO.  I would love a sweet, creamy coffee, like LP Latte, but without the patchouli.  I am in for a chocolate/vanilla, creamy pumpkin, definitely butterscotch/vanilla, lavender buttercream, and pretty much anything sweet and creamy.  I am loving all of these ideas!

ETA - I am also curious about the bourbon/raspberry one and hoping if a citrusy OCCO is made that the honey would be a lighter one and would love just citrus notes without other fruits (voting for the tangerine that you had mentioned above instead of pineapple). 

I love that you open this up for a discussion with everyone.  I can't wait to see what you create, @Potion Master!

Edited by Kayla

Oh!  How long has this been being discussed!  I have to get off my phone and to a proper keyboard ASAP!!!  But, Incase I  don’t. Lemon buttercream yes. True Cherry blended with cedar,  vetiver and maybe vanilla or tonka? Last year the sandalwood musk was incredible. Dreamsicle also appeals to me. Cupcake dreamsicle how’s that? 

There's Deliciae already for an orange cupcake scent, so...and you're saying you want Wild Cherry but in an OCCO?

1 hour ago, luna65 said:

There's Deliciae already for an orange cupcake scent, so...and you're saying you want Wild Cherry but in an OCCO?

Wild Cherry OCCO would be incredible.  I could only hope for it!  I realized just now  many of the notes I listed are also in Wild Cherry description.  

6 hours ago, Potion Master said:

citrus notes on MOST people are extremely fragile, esp lemon which burns off most people's skin in about 20 mins. So you have to consider what will be left after that. So, when doing a citrus OCCO, it's going to wear more successfully with a heavier note underneath. Lemon Buttercream would work well, as would a honeyed citrus. Lavender is also a very thin note, which is why I teamed it with the amber last year. I know everyone is asking for at least a mixed citrus, and I can def do that, but think about what you'd prefer as a base note. Tangerine and/or Pineapple will also bolster Lemon (and Grapefruit) and make it last longer.

Liebchen is Lavender Buttercream - always a favorite to me - and easier to pull off as an OCCO than a delicate lavender.

I could do a creamy pumpkin one, I like that idea!

Hildy, when you say green, do you mean more like a ferny masculine/unisex kind of green? Because a fern or fergiere would go well with leather, but I can't really picture it with a pale green stemmy kind of scent. What are you imagining?

Eastwood, did you try Ellie's Elephant Snacks?

Ok, so - votes? I am going to do 8 of them, like last year. In the 5ml bottles and in sets of trials. They will be released at the same time as the sale again too. A couple of last years flew off the shelves and maybe does anyone want more of any of those? I think it was the sandalwood one that sold out the fastest. 

Your explaination of lemon burning off quickest, makes sense to me now, as I can never get "enough lemon." Lemon Fairy Cake yes, but Sugared wasn't "Lemon-y" enough. If you do a Lemon Buttercream, make sure you do enough that @Eve and I aren't begging/posting ISO's on a few months! Same with the Liebchen Lav Buttercream, don't cause a stampede. It could be like the running of the bulls. People could die.

I know I said mixed citrus, but last years Pineapple OCCO was so perfect, why not a re-brew-ish? I really love that one. I also liked the Pallas idea. I love Pallas and have at least two back ups, but I also dislike most rose on it's own. It needs fruit! So if you did a Pallas type I would hope it would lean more grapefruit (& tangerine) but not if it's creation eliminated a strong pineapple OCCO. Regarding orange/tangerine, If I had to pick between Deliciae and Dreamsicle I'd more likely go Dreamsicle because half-melted frozen dairy treats are better than cupcakes. And Deliciae does not last as long, I understand why now. 

Totally down with a pumpkin OCCO. I once asked my man if he thought Pumpkin Spice Cake smelled too much like vagina. He looked at me like I had completely lost my mind and said "I'm thinking maybe you've never actually smelled vagina. It smells nothing like pumpkin cake." There's a good chance I was out of my mind tired at that time, and there weren't ANY cops in that bottle. I digress....

The Sandalwood Musk was awesome, you should make one like that again. I don't know if I'd buy another bottle, but I'm very glad for the one I have. You could also make some kind of Sandalwood Amber or warm amber OCCO. Has anyone nominated fig and amber, like Toujours Belle? A Sandalwood, Fig, and Amber OCCO could be smokin' hot.

Regarding "green," I got some Sugared Green Musk from Bella and could not stop huffing it off the back of my hand last night. I don't really do green or claim to understand musks so I'll just shush on this.... 

I also second Creamy Coffee. If you do a BUTTERSCOTCH CARAMEL, please please please don't add any oatmeal or flour or almond. Unless it's the oats that make it butterscotch, I don't know how one would make real butterscotch. If it's an essential ingredient, it's not for me. I think I could otherwise rock that butterscotch all day, everyday, but those notes would really hurt my feelings. Not really my feelings, but still. Those notes go dusty on me. Dusty Vagina is a very bad time and not the image I'm trying to put out to the world or my lovely man.

I will buy any trial sets but would go FB on the Lemon BC, Lav BC, Pumpkin and (possibly) Butterscotch. Maybe Pineapple again, plus any citrus you make. Not floral (Pallas excluded), would have to slather trials of the rest to decide. I love Honey'd LP, but Sugared Honeycomb hates my skin, so honey could go either way, same with chocolate. I think all those others would keep me enthralled so I'd pass on FB's of honey or chocolate. (But Eve needs a Wild Cherry OCCO!) I have the OCCO: Coco Cocoa and rarely reach for it but I had to have it. Maybe it's because I have 1000 other scents? Or that I find BBM and OCCO White more intoxicating? I do reach for OCCO Ambrosia all the time, but most likely because I keep extra bottle in my bathroom.

I'm rambling. I like that you want to make us happy @Potion Master! Isn't it too soon for you to be mixing up goodies, though? 

Regarding the Elephant Snacks, we liked it but it wasn't just so. I'm talking straight Reese's. But wanting an idea of something isn't the same as wearing it IRL, right?

Edited by Eastwood22
Oats and dust and fig and amber

Adding my vote for Lemon Buttercream, Mocha, and @Hildegerd‘s idea for a green/unisex OCCO (thinking that one would pair well with most of the unisex scents I like)

Coffee?  I thought the coffee was nixed. Had to read back more carefully. So yes to coffee. But, an even higher YES to a version of the red wine chocolate coffee combo like in the sugar scrub. I have used 99% up (and I got two tubs of it!). I know the coffee was mainly the actual coffee granules in the scrub than a scent note, but that stuff was FABULOUS!  ....  or just coffee. You know me and my adoration of food and beverage aromas PM. ...speaking of coffee, off to brew coffee, feed the fur kids, shoot the dog (insulin haha) and all that stuff. @Potion Master I was up late unraveling the Cherie Currie mystery and  now I’m behind because I slept in!!!  Will comment in that thread after all this morning insanity gets done with. 

Edited by Eve

19 minutes ago, Eve said:

Coffee?  I thought the coffee was nixed. Had to read back more carefully. So yes to coffee. But, an even higher YES to a version of the red wine chocolate coffee combo like in the sugar scrub. I have used 99% up (and I got two tubs of it!). I know the coffee was mainly the actual coffee granules in the scrub than a scent note, but that stuff was FABULOUS!  ....  or just coffee. You know me and my adoration of food and beverage aromas PM. ...speaking of coffee, off to brew coffee, feed the fur kids, shoot the dog (insulin haha) and all that stuff. @Potion Master I was up late unraveling the Cherie Currie mystery and  now I’m behind because I slept in!!!  Will comment in that thread after all this morning insanity gets done with. 

I’m seconding an OCCO of red wine, chocolate, and coffee. Great idea!

Hmmm not sure I have a Cabernet perfume oil.  That scrub is made with actual red wine and coffee, and then chocolate flavor oils for bakers and ice cream makers. It smells like authentic food because it is! Lol. 

I agree that maybe bringing back those which sold out so fast would be great, if you can.  So the Pineapple, Midnight Lavender, and Sandal Musk ones.

15 hours ago, Potion Master said:

Hildy, when you say green, do you mean more like a ferny masculine/unisex kind of green? Because a fern or fergiere would go well with leather, but I can't really picture it with a pale green stemmy kind of scent. What are you imagining?

An OCCO fougere would be a dream come true, actually. Something unisex with Sage, Rosemary, basil and cumin to add to the dirtyness of the leather, perhaps...

Edited by Hildegerd

16 hours ago, tyvey said:

Tangerine! 

butterscotch!

omg I would dah for an occo that smelled like your incredible lavender buttercream body butter

Same! The lavender buttercream. I’d be good with any herbal lavender used not just that one. I need more of the body butter too!

See I’m dreaming of a darker mocha coffee. Like Luna’s Sungold or the one recently that I loved but can’t wear cuz of the Dominance. Super creamy ones never work on me. And to me mocha implies darker and not as light, creamy and sweet.

56 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

I usually brew the OCCOs as simple as I can so they can be layered with other perfumes. Do you wish for these to be more complex stand alone scents?

I prefer them simpler, so I can layer them.  I would definitely wear a coffee with cream or a coffee with mocha, but definitely wouldn't go for one with wine or spices in it (just using the coffee one as an example).  I also love the lavender buttercream idea, because Midnight Lavender was a darker/more intense lavender that I wear by itself instead of layered.

Edited by Kayla

19 hours ago, Eve said:

Wild Cherry OCCO would be incredible.  I could only hope for it!  I realized just now  many of the notes I listed are also in Wild Cherry description.  

Can I conjure up all of my personalities in order to second, third, fourth, fifth, etc, etc...this ?? Because an OCCO on the order of what Wild Cherry was would DEFINITELY be something that I would be all over like it was Charlie Hunnam...

9 hours ago, Potion Master said:

I usually brew the OCCOs as simple as I can so they can be layered with other perfumes

And I appreciate that.

9 hours ago, Potion Master said:

Do you wish for these to be more complex stand alone scents?

Not really.

Simple for layering is great!  Coffee on its own etc. I’d LOVE any type of rebrew for Wild Cherry, non pheroed would be the most versatile. As much as I love chocolate, I continue to have difficulties wearing many fragrances that are chocolate. I’d never say I didn’t want to try another. I know for me it might not work out, though. Wild Cherry was an exception, could not ask for a more perfect scent! Even though the chocolate in it was present, it was not the star. 

@Hildegerd - I really love your ideas, they would make fab complex perfumes or PEs, but I fear too complex then for OCCOs.

How do you all feel about me doing a musky/dusty/herbal type one that would be layerable with the kind of scents Hildy is talking about? Maybe something like sandalwood/sage/myrrh and like a dot of cardomom or chai?

Can anyone give me an idea of how the summer sale works ? I started ordering like right after last year's, so I have no clue how it works, & I was planning an order for next week, because I recently fell in love with my trial of original Love Potion, after it aged a bit, so I have about 4 things in my cart...would it be worth waiting for the sale, or should I place that order with the regular 10 percent discount & then place another during the sale ? I'm fine with either, I can never have too many potions 🤣 Just trying to figure this out & plan accordingly 😏

2 minutes ago, StrawberryKitten said:

Can anyone give me an idea of how the summer sale works ? I started ordering like right after last year's, so I have no clue how it works, & I was planning an order for next week, because I recently fell in love with my trial of original Love Potion, after it aged a bit, so I have about 4 things in my cart...would it be worth waiting for the sale, or should I place that order with the regular 10 percent discount & then place another during the sale ? I'm fine with either, I can never have too many potions 🤣 Just trying to figure this out & plan accordingly 😏

I will post the rules a week before the sale starts so everyone has time to familiarize themselves with them without stress. If you have 4 bottles in your cart right now, the sale would earn you an additional 2 free bottles from a long list of available choices. The sale will be on for 2 weeks this year. I am aiming for Aug 1st thru the 15th.

Just now, Potion Master said:

I will post the rules a week before the sale starts so everyone has time to familiarize themselves with them without stress. If you have 4 bottles in your cart right now, the sale would earn you an additional 2 free bottles from a long list of available choices. The sale will be on for 2 weeks this year. I am aiming for Aug 1st thru the 15th.

Oh, that sounds AMAZING !! I may wait, then & thank you so much for the reply ! You are spoiling us like crazy, first the flash sale, then this, lol. Cannot wait 😃

14 hours ago, Potion Master said:

@Hildegerd - I really love your ideas, they would make fab complex perfumes or PEs, but I fear too complex then for OCCOs.

I understand. 

(You see, I am A SUCKER for Chypre and old fashioned perfume and have spend a lot of money tracking up the olfactory monsters from the past).

14 hours ago, Potion Master said:

How do you all feel about me doing a musky/dusty/herbal type one that would be layerable with the kind of scents Hildy is talking about? Maybe something like sandalwood/sage/myrrh and like a dot of cardomom or chai?

Yes, please.

Edited by Hildegerd

I also prefer them as layerable rather than stand alone, I also feel like I could wear any of them alone already. I just enjoy mixing things up, but there's no reason I couldn't wear OCCO White or Pineapple alone as they are. None of them are overly simple. I also realize that wasn't the question....

Midnight Lavender is the only one I do wear alone, because it has its own indomitable vibe. Mostly I wear it with Tickle Tickle, though, because that's a Lavender that will not allow it's thunder to be stolen. 

I'm with Hildy on the OCCO to layer over a fougere. My vision is more about mixing some sweaty OCCO off of my body onto some sweaty  fougere on my man, but that is still a type of layering. 

22 hours ago, Potion Master said:

sandalwood/sage/myrrh and like a dot of cardomom or chai?

That sounds lovely. I'd prob layer that with something with a lot of oakmoss or even Sugared Sandalwood. I like Sugared Sandalwood alone, but like to add a little warmth, that kind of OCCO could be a killer combo. Obviously I'm only guessing at the moment.

Edited by Eastwood22

Something Dark and incense-y like the old OCCO Black would be awesome. I'm hoarding my NOCO black, it's one of my favorite 'church' incense scents of all time. Which makes me wonder if these will all have to be spiked? Will you have any phero free ones or no? If not there's plenty of other stuff to buy,lol, just thought I'd ask. 

And THANK YOU ALL for the congrats!! 💗 Sorry so late getting back to you!

Thank you for all the input, it's been really helpful! ❤️

I would also love some feedback on which charity or charities we raise money for this year with the OCCO set.

Your suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, oceanjewel said:

@Potion Master Are you looking for humanitarian charity suggestions or can they be environmental charities?

This is one of my faves https://www.panthera.org/

Thank you! I hadn't heard of that one. Last year we did environmental and humanitarian both...I will look for the list. I chose them last year, based on the areas I felt were being attacked by the current regime. But all I can focus on this year is the issue at the border, so I thought I would ask for help choosing.

This is from last year:

A portion of all sales from this set will be donated to the following charities:
ACLU
NAACP
The Trevor Project
Planned Parenthood
The Human Rights Campaign
The Southern Poverty Law Center
Natural Resources Defense Council
The National Immigrant Justice Center

A total of eight charities for each of the eight OCCO varieties. In addition, we are giving you the option to join in the donation. You will see the option when you buy your bottles "1/6 oz Bottle + 1.00", this means you would like to add an extra dollar for charity.

We have chosen these eight charities because they are actively working to repair the damage which the current administration has done with regard to human and civil rights, the rights of women, minorities, immigrants and the LGBT+ community, and Mother Nature herself. Thank you for joining us in donating!

On 7/15/2019 at 10:45 PM, Potion Master said:

We still carry OCCO Black, don't we? Yes, they will all be OCCOs in this case.

Nope, Black is not listed anymore. But thanks for letting me know about the OCCOs!

2 hours ago, cheeseburger79 said:

Nope, Black is not listed anymore. But thanks for letting me know about the OCCOs!

I just checked, we have it and it's available. Where are you looking?

It's on LovePotionPerfume.com

https://lovepotionperfume.com/product/occo-overt-cops-for-your-covert-ops-choose-your-scent/

it's also on LuvPotionPerfume.com

https://luvpotionperfume.com/listing/532078283/occo-overt-cops-for-your-covert-ops-for

On 7/16/2019 at 9:28 PM, Potion Master said:

A portion of all sales from this set will be donated to the following charities:
ACLU
NAACP
The Trevor Project
Planned Parenthood
The Human Rights Campaign
The Southern Poverty Law Center
Natural Resources Defense Council
 The National Immigrant Justice Center

I think these are all really important front line organizations and maybe you could stick with them? If you want to switch it up, for human rights at the border there's the American Refugee Committee, the International Rescue Committee, Kids in Need of Defense, the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, and the Freedom for Immigrants’ National Immigration Detention Bond Fund. To stop his hate mongering Islamophobia, there's the Council on American-Islamic Relations.The Trans Lifeline, the Sylvia Rivera Law Project and the National Center for Trangender Equality are working to protect both trans and LGBTQ people. Women need the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network and the National Network of Abortion Funds. I think independent news networks could use protection, too, not sure who's best for that. 

For the environment, the Environmental Defense Fund and Greenpeace are safe bets. But you really can't go wrong with last year's beneficiaries!

15 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I think these are all really important front line organizations and maybe you could stick with them? If you want to switch it up, for human rights at the border there's the American Refugee Committee, the International Rescue Committee, Kids in Need of Defense, the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, and the Freedom for Immigrants’ National Immigration Detention Bond Fund. To stop his hate mongering Islamophobia, there's the Council on American-Islamic Relations.The Trans Lifeline, the Sylvia Rivera Law Project and the National Center for Trangender Equality are working to protect both trans and LGBTQ people. Women need the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network and the National Network of Abortion Funds. I think independent news networks could use protection, too, not sure who's best for that. 

For the environment, the Environmental Defense Fund and Greenpeace are safe bets. But you really can't go wrong with last year's beneficiaries!

Thank you, Eastwood.  I appreciate your assist.

Hello, I'm here to look up the ingredients in Tyvey's Pleasure Island, because I have been enamored with it all day, but I saw this. I've seen this charity: https://www.raicestexas.org/  mentioned as a good option for donations, because it actually is all supposed to go to help the families at the border. I don't know how accurate what I heard is, but I thought I'd share.

Oh yeah! I have two friends who mentioned RAICES yesterday when I explained why I had a political hangover.