Blood Martini

Dolly

OK, so those of you love NOX (like I do) need a bottle of this one. It is similar, but yet not quite the same.

Wet, I get all deep raspberry......full and sweet (but not too sweet). Then, I start getting the other notes. After about 30-45 min is where this one really distinguishes itself from NOX. Where NOX gets resinous, with this one, I get the currants and a slight hint of floral notes, with the woods in the background. Even though it is dark, it maintains a lovely slight sweetness all the way through drydown. NICE!

Dolly Blood Martini was one of my favorites. Right up there with Potion Bastet. I'm glad they brought it back. This is a very intoxicating scent to me. To me the scent is dark, red and spicey sweet. It's Bloody Marvelous!!

The rebrew is fantastic. The original version did not work well with my skin. I am not sure what is different, but this one works with me! Yeah! The raspberries are wonderful, the florals are thick and velvety and the spices and woods really blend nicely together on the drydown.

You know, I wasn't even going to try this one on because I have a fairly full bottle of the original one. Wow! I'm glad I did. I know that rebrews are never exactly the same, however, this one is so close. I love it as much as the first. This version has less bite in the berries, so it's a touch sweeter. Great job, Danna!!

I was able to compare the two by putting the original on one shoulder and the 2008 on the other. I started making myself dizzy by going back and forth, and no I'm not blond!. ^_^

Edited by Jo Anna

This is one that stays fairly true in all its stages. It has a juicy, rich, red fruity tone to it, but perfectly melded with something else. Something else which could be an alcohol tang, or could be the coppery undertones of blood. Mmm.

The protection aspect of this one apparently trumps the sexiness on me. It's like I have a force field around me today, and people veer off, lower their eyes, and generally avoid confrontation with me. Which is weird, because I think I'm being friendly, open and not particularly Alpha today. Veddy interesting.

OK this one is not what I expected. I don't know - maybe I expected something with a metallic slick smell like blood with alcohol undertones. What was I thinking...

This is a gorgeous floral at first application. After about 1/2 hour out comes the raspberry - strong and assured but not overtly "fruity". And there is a soft undertone of...wood? incense?

Feminine. Assertive. Good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't expect to like this, much of the time I tend not to be attracted to fruity perfumes. But I ended up liking Blood Martini and I may find myself ordering a full size bottle. The complete bouquet reminds me of all things fascinating and a bit dark like a really good vampire romance novel or just great vampire fiction period.

I didn't expect to like this, much of the time I tend not to be attracted to fruity perfumes. But I ended up liking Blood Martini and I may find myself ordering a full size bottle. The complete bouquet reminds me of all things fascinating and a bit dark like a really good vampire romance novel or just great vampire fiction period.

Yeah, this one isn't like your "typical" fruity perfume....this is a deep rich blend with a raspberry undertone.....I do enjoy this one, for sure!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I find it to be a very bold and dark fruit scent. Not overly sickly sweet either. It is very nice and definetly worth it to try. I dont find that I feel like a boquet when I wear it at all.

I am not great at descriptions, but I hope this helps.

On me, the florals are in the background, and help just round it out and add a touch more sweetness....the berry is the most prominent on me....it is really lovely....here is the review link....

Edited by Dolly

• 3 weeks later...
On me, the florals are in the background, and help just round it out and add a touch more sweetness....the berry is the most prominent on me....it is really lovely....here is the review link....

OK, it is HIGHLY possible that this one is going on my list for the sale.....

• 4 weeks later...
OK, it is HIGHLY possible that this one is going on my list for the sale.....

It is very good that I got some....I finally let me sweetie sniff me with this one....he liked it....said I smelled like a lolipop and wanted to lick me..... :2403:

• 3 weeks later...
It is very good that I got some....I finally let me sweetie sniff me with this one....he liked it....said I smelled like a lolipop and wanted to lick me..... :o

I am wearing this one right now, just for ME.....you know, I have always loved NOX, but I actually think that this one has surpassed it for me now.....I got like 3 bottles in the sale.....

• 3 weeks later...

I received a sample of this in a trade and -- wow! I had sniffed it in the vial a couple of times and found it pleasant but not overly-interesting. Tonight I swiped some on my arm and just can't stop smelling myself. Sophisticated fruit would be my short description.

I received a sample of this in a trade and -- wow! I had sniffed it in the vial a couple of times and found it pleasant but not overly-interesting. Tonight I swiped some on my arm and just can't stop smelling myself. Sophisticated fruit would be my short description.

I agree....this one takes on a totally different character when you put it on....I just love it....think I'll go put on some right now!

I agree....this one takes on a totally different character when you put it on....I just love it....think I'll go put on some right now!

this is one that if not for the sale - I wouldn't have tried it. But yummy! This smells so fresh in the bottle and on application that on the drydown - the darkness is really a surprise. Dark sweet (not too sweet) fruit with just a teeny hint of floral.

Absolutely lovely.

• 4 weeks later...

The original Blood Martini was one of my first bottles (first roll-on bottle I received) and I just love its' deep dark delicious berryness. In the '08 version the spiced wood aspect is much stronger, although the berry notes are very present in the vial. It ends up having a sweet dark sort of perfume-y vibe on me.

• 1 month later...

I get the same sweet dark perfume-y vibe from the trial vial... which I really like in this one cause its perfect, not too dark. Its really difficult for me to find a darker fragrance thats compatible with my skin, I think this one is perfect, the rasberries arent too tart, reminds me of an escada fragrance.

I think this is my favorite LP fragrance so far. It's quite potent too and long lasting. A little dab will do you. Every time I wear it somebody says oooh you smell so good and fresh. It's fruity and perky..yet kinda dark and mysterious It definitely makes me think of a dark, decadent, drippy, exotic red fruit. One I've never tasted before It has a slightly waxy, candle-y feel to it..but only mildly. I LOVE the berry in it. This and Vampire Bait really made me discover how much I LOVE berry notes. I've only tried the 2008 version of Blood Martini but am curious about the original. It smells sophisticated and perfumey, yet fresh and uplifting. It's a mature fruity smell on me..not that tweeny fruit vibe. This one sort of just really vibes with my personality or something. I loved it instantly!

It's no longer available at the gift shop. :Hug_emoticon: So I'm hoping to trade for a few more bottles so I can stock up on it.

• 2 months later...

This is tart and sweet and sexy, and only gets sexier as it keeps drying down. The red berries and currant are prominent at the beginning, but then the gorgeous black woods and red spices make themselves known and it goes from yummy to just intoxicating. The way the red spices play into this is difficult to describe--it's not your typical obvoiusly spicy cinnamon-type thing; it's rather an effect of warming up the entire scent. The woods add a really intriguing and sinister depth, which is the last thing to come out and combines with the other two elements to make this a very sexy, vampy blend with ridiculous staying power! :lol:

This is tart and sweet and sexy, and only gets sexier as it keeps drying down. The red berries and currant are prominent at the beginning, but then the gorgeous black woods and red spices make themselves known and it goes from yummy to just intoxicating. The way the red spices play into this is difficult to describe--it's not your typical obvoiusly spicy cinnamon-type thing; it's rather an effect of warming up the entire scent. The woods add a really intriguing and sinister depth, which is the last thing to come out and combines with the other two elements to make this a very sexy, vampy blend with ridiculous staying power! :D

Yes, every time I sniff this one, it makes me happy that I hoarded! This is one that I turn to a LOT. And, I am finding that as it ages a bit, it gets better!

• 1 year later...

Tried this very lightly last night, ran the dipper stick on my shoulders and Pplied whatever was left on my collarbone. My duaghterasked what was the lovely smell when I emerged from the bathroom.