Neanderlicious

So someone with a better nose for detailing specific scents will have to better expand for you, but right now all I have to say is mmmmmm (I'm drooling like homer simpson)

It is somewhat soft and gentle on me, but at the same time I keep getting a whiff of myself and saying God that's good!

Over the moon for this one!

Can't wait to try this out on my sweetie! I had to work tonight so I just got the opportunity to sniff my new goodies.....guess good things come to those who wait!

So, the lovely ladies pulled a "sneaky" on me.....the tucked some of this in my package.....I wasn't going to bother because I don't "normally" care much for TAH (makes me feel "ditzy" for lack of a better word....not in my element).....HOWEVER, I think they knew I would like the SCENT of this one.....and I DO....I love it.....going in right now to buy more.....I think I am going to try it this weekend, but maybe pair it with BI or DOM or something to balance the TAH.....

The scent is just the right balance of dark and light....musky and woodsy....with hints of lighter elements in the background......

I'm wearing this today at work paired with Sorceress. I've been busy so I havent really paid much attention to others today. I do like the scent it kindof grows on you. I have another bottle coming. The Civet in this alone is why I'm going to start hoarding this one.

I'm wearing this today at work paired with Sorceress. I've been busy so I havent really paid much attention to others today. I do like the scent it kindof grows on you. I have another bottle coming. The Civet in this alone is why I'm going to start hoarding this one.

Yeah, I love civet, too....one of my favorite notes....gives a perfume some real "ooomph", IMO....I'm really catching some of the Oud note now....I limited myself to only a few of the new releases THIS TIME, but I think this one is really my fave of the ones I have tried....

I also have to applaud the Naughty Jester for his description on this one....gave me a really good giggle....

Edited by Dolly

I do believe its the OUD that I'm catching too. It's an acquired smell IMO. I'm still trying to get use to it. I'm going to pair this up with Beth's Blushing Milkmaid tonight because my hubby has been so sweet lately. I think he's going to get some desert after dinner. :banana002:

I do believe its the OUD that I'm catching too. It's an acquired smell IMO. I'm still trying to get use to it. I'm going to pair this up with Beth's Blushing Milkmaid tonight because my hubby has been so sweet lately. I think he's going to get some desert after dinner. :banana002:

OK, I just went INSANE and bought 2 more bottles....if anybody else wants to hoard this one, you'd better be quick....I think there are only a handful of bottles left.....

Dolly,

Is it similar to anything else in fragrance?

Not really....wet, I get cedar and cops.....as I dries, I get oud and musk.....light florals in the background....it is really hard to describe beyond that.....it is kind of LIKE CFM, in that it is almost an androgynous-type scent (I am not saying the SCENT is like CFM, but that the overall FEELING of the scent is similar)......

Yeah, I had a suspicion that Dolly would enjoy the scent of this one. Tis the Violet note...she likes violets...

:rainman:

You know me too well! It is a good one.....if it has cops AND violets, I'm a happy gal.....

You know me too well! It is a good one.....if it has cops AND violets, I'm a happy gal.....

Will be testing this one with my sweetie this weekend.....see what he thinks....

Despite possibly having fried my neurotransmitters yesterday (a migraine, OH THE HUMANITY!), I had to go with this one next.

I know that the cops/TAH combination makes me more outgoing, "sparkly," but not quite in the same way as Cougar Potion...more approachable I guess, that legendary softening effect it can have on more *ahem* forceful personalities (i.e. I am usually mistaken for a guy on the Internet, lol). Interestingly, even with the presence of copulins I wouldn't say it's inherently sexual for me, just feminine, womanly. People are friendly but not necessarily predatory.

So my consideration has to do with the scent...Me, Jane! was a great fragrance for this double whammy, and I do think a gourmand approach is a good one; although this is more subtly gourmand. The elements of floral and gourmand sort of bring to mind Vampire Bait, except that was more obviously floral on me. The dominant themes keep trading places...floral, then resin, then floral again, all sort of sitting on a fluffy cloud of sweetness. The musks are at the bottom vibrating their frequency of TAKE ME NOW, but this is not supposed to be diiirty like Sexology, it's fun and flirty and smooth. This doesn't really turn deep on me, although the resin/wood aspect becomes more prominent over time. If it wears consistently for most of us, this is a snuggle scent, a please invade my personal space scent.

This scent might work better on Quince...I think cops/TAH have the potential of making me appear nicely girly and submissive (although truly, I do well enough on my own with that :) ) so I've always felt it might enhance our fun-and-games except that Me, Jane! was too much like sitting next to someone who's wearing too much sun cream for his nose; previously I had discounted the TAH when it might have been just the scent which was throwing him off.

So if I'm lucky I might get even more discipline, whoooo! :huh:

Edited by luna65

If it wears consistently for most of us, this is a snuggle scent, a please invade my personal space scent.

It gets deep and woodsy on me, though not overly so.....I do agree that this one is a "close" scent.....it is not at all loud or "in-your-face".....it could probably be heavily slathered without being overpowering....

Edited by Dolly

Hmmm...no, not really the same. Bosom Bows, for me, is obviously sandalwood, and Neanderlicious has oud and cedar, so there's a woodsy characteristic, but not the same kind.

I would definitely say on me for some reason. Bosom Bows has a slight male tinge like maybe Preferred Stock or CK one. It is ever so slight, just enough to make me love it. I'm not sure about Neanderlicious, it is very different from BB. I always try a fragrance @ least 5 times before I decide. Even if I don't like the smell. Sometimes I'll wear it for the effect & cover w/ something else. Not sure about either on this one. I think I really prefer LAM sandalwood. But that's just my personal preferance & chemistry speaking. Have to give it a second chance.

I had to trade my pheros, cause hubby said I smelled really bad... :) Super sensitive nose(him)? or my screwed up chemistry?(me)

But, neanderlicious smelled so nice in the sample, I have been trying little dabs of this B4 work. At first wiff, PU..but after dry down, very nice & Light. I layer w/ Dark Seductions II-BRV before I walk out the door,(In case it was me) I love this combo....All the women @ work were very friendly, but the men can't seem to do enough for me. One guy who has been flirty w/ me when ever he sees me, kept moving in real close to talk to me, getting almost closer than a professional atomshpere allows. I was very surprised and loving every minute of it.....this guy is a successful hottie.....I may be married, but I'm not blind....... ^_^

Thank you PM for a sample of this.

Now for the review

When I tried it on wet, I smelled something so off...it kinda turned me off (it could have been the cops) but it's sweet and there's some floral in the background...I wasn't sure if I liked it.

Then it dried down and smelled wonderful, I started smelling more fruity/flowery sweetness and some woods. I can see a grown/mature sexy woman wearing this, it's absolutely beautiful!

Wow, it's funny to hear this one described as a soft skin scent... on my skin, it's all OUD & AMBER and oh yea some TONQUIN MUSK!! The florals and honey/sugars take a back seat to the stronger base notes. Agar wood is like that for me...which makes this challenging to wear. I wonder if I should buy some Sugared Pure to temper things like this and 'Til Death.

ooooh I can see pure sugar layered with this one and mr.right...

Pure sugar is fab for layering...and you are right Esmy...layers beautifully with Mr. Right Now. I have tried this

Katz, I could see this layered with Neanderlicious. I will have to try that one as well...

I absolutely love Neanderlicious as it is though...it starts out a lil wonky but oh my oh my...simply beautiful once it dries and blooms....very very lovely. I can't help but sniff my self over and over when I put this one on...

can't wait to have the right ocassion to wear it... I just keep putting a lil on myself in the evening at home because I love it. I do!

but yes, try the pure sugar with it....might really bring it to your liking

be blessed -djac

Edited by djacquelynstew

• 6 months later...

Neanderlicious has a very interesting aspect to it. I can pick up a couple different things and one is very sweet. It seems to almost be hiding and peeks out ever so slightly, but I really enjoy it. I find this to be a very soft scent. Almost powdery, but not quite.

• 2 months later...

Since this is on sale, I am going to try it. I loved Me, Jane and had the best fun with TAH, so I am trying this. I hope it isn't too woodsy on me. Some of the reviews remind me on my old love Bonne Bell Skin Musk so I think I may like it. I have a very strong, dominate personality but at the same time prefer to not be dominate in the bedroom. TAH definately brings out the drag you off and have my way with you reaction I love.

Since this is on sale, I am going to try it. I loved Me, Jane and had the best fun with TAH, so I am trying this. I hope it isn't too woodsy on me. Some of the reviews remind me on my old love Bonne Bell Skin Musk so I think I may like it. I have a very strong, dominate personality but at the same time prefer to not be dominate in the bedroom. TAH definately brings out the drag you off and have my way with you reaction I love.

Mmm ... where is the sale you're talking about Deliberate Angel? Am I missing something?

I too like TAH, works well with me, Me Jane worked amazing on me, Neanderlicious is a very type of scent, less diffusive, but I really like it though. It is darker than what I usually go for, and yet still very sweet and feminine. The resins are a very nice touch.

DA, Neanderlicious is more bright ambery, smoky violet than skin musk. I too get great reactions from TAH, Im absolutely going to be hoarding a couple of those sale bottles :)

• 3 weeks later...
Mmm ... where is the sale you're talking about Deliberate Angel? Am I missing something?

I too like TAH, works well with me, Me Jane worked amazing on me, Neanderlicious is a very type of scent, less diffusive, but I really like it though. It is darker than what I usually go for, and yet still very sweet and feminine. The resins are a very nice touch.

If you go to perfumerie and click on Neanderlicent resinous, Offering and others, it says sale price of $14.95. On me, Neanderlicious is all Sandalwood of the headshop variety, with light powdery musks and some light berries. It reminds me of my old favorite Skin Musk from Bonne Bell. Yum. The resins work well on me and usually they don't. This stays close to the skin which means I can slather it on. :lol: I miss Me, Janeand wish I found out aout Sugar Fried Bananas before it was gone. Mmmm.....

*********EDIT: Trial #2 yielded waaaay different results. It started out sandalwood with like PheroGirl mixed in. Then the honey kind of faded and the berry smell kicked in. Then it was just honey and sandalwood and then the addition of what smelled like 21st Century Venus. Hours upon hours later {after cleaning my house all day as well} it smells like BPAL's O. I do like this and TAH and appreciate the different morphings of the scent.

This is very interesting as yesterday I got a totally different smell. But that has happened before with LP scents, they smell different a few days after opening.

FINAL EDIT: I am through bottle one and onto bottle number two. It has remained a very violet scent. A candly like violetness predominates with a touch of sandalwood.

Edited by DeliberateAngel

• 1 month later...

I LOVE this scent. This and OCCO Gold could become my two go-to phero fragrances every day for the rest of my life! However, I know that TAH is hard to come by sometimes...so I'm not sure if this will be permanent. So, I'm looking for you ladies to help in finding something very similar in scent to Neanderlicious.

I'll tell you what I love about it so you can help me.

When it starts to dry down, and the middle notes come out (whatever they are), it is unbelievably good. Smoky, sweet, and still clean smelling. When the base notes start to emerge and combine with the middle notes, it is so SEXY and makes me just wanna huff myself over and over. I think maybe it's the violets combined with the honey and something else that smells a little spicy? Do you think I'd like OCCO Purple Shield?

I like that I don't smell the pure spiciness and muskiness of the base notes right at the very beginning (hence the term 'base notes'... LOL). I like that they take a while to emerge...so I probably wouldn't like something with musk or any of the spiciness that is IN YOUR FACE right when you put it on.

I also don't like anything with "dirty" amber (like Sugared Amber), or anything that turns into baby powder or strong powdery scents... unless it is very "incensey" like true nag champa. In other words, I don't want to smell like Babies R Us, but I wouldn't mind smelling like an adult toy store, in fact I kinda like it. haha

Meanwhile, I'm stocking up on Neanderlicious as much as I can. :(

Edited by Dgsweets

I LOVE this scent. This and OCCO Gold could become my two go-to phero fragrances every day for the rest of my life!

Do you think I'd like OCCO Purple Shield?

Hi Dgsweets,

My OCCO Gold (tested lightly once) and Neanderlicious is not getting much love from me. Would you like have them for GCs? I love them particularly OCCO Gold but it leaves a dirty scent on my skin after the fragrance disappear.

I like OCCO Purple. At drydown, it turns slightly powdery and musky on me. You might like it too.

You might want to check my trade post.

Cheers,

JOC

Hi Dgsweets,

My OCCO Gold (tested lightly once) and Neanderlicious is not getting much love from me. Would you like have them for GCs? I love them particularly OCCO Gold but it leaves a dirty scent on my skin after the fragrance disappear.

I like OCCO Purple. At drydown, it turns slightly powdery and musky on me. You might like it too.

You might want to check my trade post.

Cheers,

JOC

This is great news! I'll have to wait until the money fairy comes again next, but yes, I will check out your trading post! :wub:

thank you for the heads up and also the word on the OCCO purple! :)

This is great news! I'll have to wait until the money fairy comes again next, but yes, I will check out your trading post! :wub:

thank you for the heads up and also the word on the OCCO purple! :)

No problem. I can set aside for you if you like to have them. BTW, a friend of mine will be visiting the US in late Aug/early Sept. He can help me mail it while he's there so there will be no international shipping charges.

Edited by JOC

No problem. I can set aside for you if you like to have them. BTW, a friend of mine will be visiting the US in late Aug/early Sept. He can help me mail it while he's there so there will be no international shipping charges.

That would be perfect timing actually. I'll get back with you in early August to work out the details on your trading post! :D