Marigold & Amaranth

liz

AD-MarigoldAmaranth.jpg?v=7516fd43adaa

Marigold & Amaranth

An ode to immortal love comprised of sweet green apples, daisy petals (he loves me, he loves me not, he loves me...), marigold and amaranth - for healing of grief and broken hearts; May Lily, orange blossom and orange blossom honey - for eternal love and marriage; sugar - for sweetness, love and wishes come true, and earth for renewal, reincarnation and life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
MARIGOLD ~ Strengthening & comforting, prophetic dreams, divination, protection. A traditional gift for the expelling of grief, and for their gift of yearly rebirth.
AMARANTH ~ Speeds healing, mends broken hearts, wisdom, protection, aids recovery from grief, represents immortality.
GREEN APPLE ~ Immortality, love, healing, fertility, good luck , happiness, fortelling spells.
APPLE BLOSSOM ~ Peace of mind, contentment, success, happiness, love attracting.
MAY LILY ~ Purity, modesty. Wards away evil, protects, breaks hexes. A blessing for departed souls.
ORANGE & BLOSSOMS ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
HONEY and SUGAR ~ for sweetness, love, and wishes come true.
DAISY ~ Gentleness, innocence, loyalty and romance. Love, reunion, luck.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

just a quickie.....I definitely get the green apple and the earth (rich dark soil), kind of reminds me of Pomme de Poison, that I LUV !!

Heh, unless Mara is being sneaky on me again there is no pear (watch, I'll be totally wrong, again :)).

This is really interesting...I love the green apple topnote in the vial but this immediately transforms on my skin into an apple floral, sort of reminds me of Warrior Heart, but this is specifically more a Fall floral mix. It goes a bit soapy but in the drydown is very warm and smooth and slightly sweet. I get such a great autumnal evocation from this one.

Up until now I never thought there would be a honeyed apple scent that works on me, but this one does, definitely does. The apple is just sweet enough and doesn't amp to cloying heights liek some types of apple do on me. It's comforting like a cup of hot honeyed tea, enveloping in its warmth and golden sweetness.

• 4 months later...

In the vial, apple was the primary note for me. On my skin, the marigold came out, which has a totally different vibe from the girly white florals. It's more subdued/not as bright.

There's a Fall Marigold festival near where I live, so that combined with the apple creates very strong late summer/early autumn association for me.

Edited by rinster

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The bright green apple note is what jumped out at me at first, but it soon faded into a very interesting combination of light florals and earthier elements.

After drydown, the sugar and honey add more depth and weight to the blend - in spite of the airy floral top notes, this is a substantial and really satisfying scent, with a great texture to it (if that makes any sense).

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Super sweet apple! Again, this was one I was scared of, because of the earth note. I need to realize - just trust Mara, she is not going to steer us wrong! I like this one almost as much as Candy Apple Cutie :)

• 8 months later...

Another one of my favorites! The floral was not overwhelming at all but none of the florals in this stood out distinctly, instead they melded together beautifully. It was sweet but not foody, honey & sugar combo was soft and a great combo for me. Once it dried down it reminded me of the perfumes with Tonka in them, but I think it was the apple blossom (didn't smell like an apple, but like what I smell in orchards). Really like this one!!

• 9 months later...

This smells like autumn! Crisp green apples with a hint of floral and earth. It's a apple scent that doesn't SCREAM apple- it's a bit softened by the blossoms and soil.

ETA- I'm loving how this is drying down.... I might have to grab one from the sale bin!

Edited by hearts

Copied from the product page:

An ode to immortal love comprised of sweet green apples, daisy petals (he loves me, he loves me not, he loves me...), marigold and amaranth - for healing of grief and broken hearts; May Lily, orange blossom and orange blossom honey - for eternal love and marriage; sugar - for sweetness, love and wishes come true, and earth for renewal, reincarnation and life.

I love this one. It's a very bright smell that feels like you put on a golden cloak. Like you're wearing brightness. Instant good mood. I had two samples that I used up right away, and now I grabbed a full bottle at the 10 dollar bin sale.

I wore this to bed the other night and it did make me feel like I had a cloak on. It made me feel very even keel. safe and comforted, happy in a warm kind of way. This was during rag days of thunder so it was really needed. I usually get bad cramps, and a bad attitude ~ I liked that it smelled thick like golden cream There's this cereal that it reminds me of, not because of the smell but because of the commercial and the sunny golden feel to it. Golden Grahams - the commercial with the song So Happy Together.. that's exactly what this reminded me of. I will be purchasing more bottles of this, as I feel it is a necessity in my home to prevent a massacre of misc items and perhaps a bf, during - days or rage.

• 3 weeks later...

This is floral and sweet to me. I get the green apple off the top.

My chemistry LOVES lily, lol and I can totally pick that out but it's lightly sweet and the earth note is a really cool twist.

This is another sniffie that got me. This fragrance is so absolutely unique that I knew I had to have a bottle. I LOVE the scents that make you say - "I am not sure what it is exactly that I am smelling, but it is REALLY nice whatever it is" LOL This scent did that to me.

On dry down it becomes distinctly floral with that bit of earth and sweetness still in there. Very happy :)

• 7 months later...

I turned a couple of sniffies of this into a spray and I am in love. This scent is SO nice, everything blends together so well and I get an impression of sweet florals. For someone who normally doesn't like floral, I love this! Now I have to hunt down a sample or bottle on the trade board...

• 1 year later...

I think this one is beautiful. What is amaranth? Some sort of grain, no? I just read about the intent in helping to deal with grief, and now I want a full bottle so badly! It of course doesn't hurt that it's gorgeous. Very fresh, floral, and pretty to my nose.

In short, it's beautiful. I need a full bottle. Very sad it's sold out.

Edited by Lainey

• 1 month later...
Guest cutie.pie

Earth doesn't like me... Every scent that has that note smells like dirt on my skin :( That same thing happened with this scent :(