OK, so what are we all ordering/considering?

Dolly

I got my own PE. It's gonna smell like mint chip ice cream. I wrote about it two years ago but finally decided to get it. :P

If there's any of that left over next month, it's going straight to my wallet instead of my hips. :lol:

OCCO Ambrosia,the July sampler,small Cheeky & Hearts Ease,even tho I have a

bottle wanted another pocket size :lol:

...should try the pink musk,ohhh BV that does sound YUMMY :D

Hmm. Still thinking and this order may have to wait until I get back from Vegas. Jubilee for sure, OCCO Black, a back up bottle of Unreasonable Pumpkin and ... I'm not sure. I'll have to check my wishlist.

Hmm. Still thinking and this order may have to wait until I get back from Vegas. Jubilee for sure, OCCO Black, a back up bottle of Unreasonable Pumpkin and ... I'm not sure. I'll have to check my wishlist.

Skye: Wouldn't Gitana be right up your alley? For some reason I thought we were sort of scent twins. Not identical, maybe fraternal? Don't you like the spicy/resiny scents too?

I was very, very close to getting a bottle of Gitana, actually. The reason I finally settled on a sample (for now) is that I have a tendency to amp spices in general, and clove is a big one among them. I've been luckier with LP clove than with that from some other companies, but my skin doesn't always cooperate. I love all the other components from what I've read--the thought of having a vanillaed resinous scent with the subtle smokiness of coffee is heavenly--but I just want to make sure I don't amp the clove all over it. If not, bottle by all means!

I was very, very close to getting a bottle of Gitana, actually. The reason I finally settled on a sample (for now) is that I have a tendency to amp spices in general, and clove is a big one among them. I've been luckier with LP clove than with that from some other companies, but my skin doesn't always cooperate. I love all the other components from what I've read--the thought of having a vanillaed resinous scent with the subtle smokiness of coffee is heavenly--but I just want to make sure I don't amp the clove all over it. If not, bottle by all means!

I can't wait to smell this one! I love how coffee smells on me. I hope it's like Luna's Coffee and Cig.

I ordered bottle of Pink Musk, French Musk, Unreasonable Pumkin and samples of Mango Tango, Sneaky Clean, and LP Humidity. I was tempted to hoard Unreasonable Pumpkin and Winnie's Almond Musk, but i resisted.

Skye: Wouldn't Gitana be right up your alley? For some reason I thought we were sort of scent twins. Not identical, maybe fraternal? Don't you like the spicy/resiny scents too?

I don't always do coffee scents well though. Maybe I'll pick up a sample and give it a test drive.

I can't wait to smell this one! I love how coffee smells on me. I hope it's like Luna's Coffee and Cig.

Funny how after I heard "masculine" whisperings of that one, I very nearly passed it over because I've had real bad experiences with scents up that alley. I thought it was going to be nose-piercing coffee bean and really heavy smoke. Totally wrong. It was at the very last second when Luna said it was a very smooth scent that I decided to give it a whirl and fell hard. I would say that with this in mind, Gitana is the one I'm most anxious to try because I'm dying to see if it's in that vein!

Ok, so I just placed a well-deserved happy b-day LP order, I've worked really hard and I deserve to give myself some LP love....I was planning on getting other LPs but the PEs got in my way and I will have to wait to get me some Night of Delight...I got all the musks in the small size, yesss I love musks! I got my beloved Fleur de Vanille, Portmanteau, Alien Cake, Dolly's Hot and Sticky, Agua Fresca and I couldn't resist to Tyvey's latest PE, it's the one I'm most excited about! And I got me Pink Vanillamint and Tropical Cupcake PEs too, my monthly freebies are Enchanted Wonderland and Velvet & Steel, yay!

I'm LP happy right now! :)

I'm still vacillating. Dumped out my entire cart because I just couldn't think what to kick out because it was so busy. Tomorrow is final decision time!

Funnily enough Invi, Gitana called to me too because it was the one that said ...Bang! me, you know you want to. Only I should maybe wait until I can afford to Bang! anything...argh. No will power at the moment.

Ok, so I just placed a well-deserved happy b-day LP order, I've worked really hard and I deserve to give myself some LP love....I was planning on getting other LPs but the PEs got in my way and I will have to wait to get me some Night of Delight...I got all the musks in the small size, yesss I love musks! I got my beloved Fleur de Vanille, Portmanteau, Alien Cake, Dolly's Hot and Sticky, Agua Fresca and I couldn't resist to Tyvey's latest PE, it's the one I'm most excited about! And I got me Pink Vanillamint and Tropical Cupcake PEs too, my monthly freebies are Enchanted Wonderland and Velvet & Steel, yay!

I'm LP happy right now! :)

WOOO, GABY!!! Nice order. Happy Birthday to YOU!!! :w00t:

I got my own PE. It's gonna smell like mint chip ice cream. I wrote about it two years ago but finally decided to get it. :P

I saw that - I bet my daughters would love it - they love that flavor ice cream. Just not sure what the Mrs. would think of me getting them perfume. My oldest actually bought some with her own money - Pink line I think. Mrs. QG did not say anything to her at the time but I knew she was about to have a cow.

I am looking at getting something special. I am also looking at getting a sample of Dirty Old Man (how fitting, right?), Cry Havoc, The Sand Box and perhaps few others.

I was looking at getting some unscented phero blends to start testing but had an unexpected automobile expense. I can't complain too much though, she has been very reliable, especially the way I drive.

WOOO, GABY!!! Nice order. Happy Birthday to YOU!!! :w00t:

Thanks Elizabeth! I had some b-day carrot cake, so I can't wait for Alien Cake, yum-yum... :eating-pie:

I saw that - I bet my daughters would love it - they love that flavor ice cream. Just not sure what the Mrs. would think of me getting them perfume. My oldest actually bought some with her own money - Pink line I think. Mrs. QG did not say anything to her at the time but I knew she was about to have a cow.

Why? Are they too young? Or were they supposed to be saving their money for something specific?

I am looking at getting something special. I am also looking at getting a sample of Dirty Old Man (how fitting, right?), Cry Havoc, The Sand Box and perhaps few others.

I was looking at getting some unscented phero blends to start testing but had an unexpected automobile expense. I can't complain too much though, she has been very reliable, especially the way I drive.

Oh! I am glad you are getting a sample of The Sand Box, I love it on me and would like to hear how it works on a man.

I also had the auto expense last month so my order is on hold for a few weeks...I can't complain either I love my truck and since it's paid off I want it to last me FOREVER...

Why? Are they too young? Or were they supposed to be saving their money for something specific?

A matter of age. Not that they are terribly young (young teenagers) but nor do we want them dressed up like they are in the 18-21 year age range. It concerns both of us when young girls dress (clothes, make-up, etc.) way above their age. There are enough predators of varying degrees out there - we do not want our girls flashing signs that say "Target Me!" In particular we do not do shorts/sweat bottoms that say things like "juicy" "tasty" etc across the back bottom. To me that seems to just challenge predators to find out if it is true.

A matter of age. Not that they are terribly young (young teenagers) but nor do we want them dressed up like they are in the 18-21 year age range. It concerns both of us when young girls dress (clothes, make-up, etc.) way above their age. There are enough predators of varying degrees out there - we do not want our girls flashing signs that say "Target Me!" In particular we do not do shorts/sweat bottoms that say things like "juicy" "tasty" etc across the back bottom. To me that seems to just challenge predators to find out if it is true.

Gotcha. Some of these kids dress during the day how I dressed to go out at night when I was in college and grad school! :o

I wore perfume when I was 13, but it was just Bonne Bell and Bath & Body Works stuff, nothing provocative and all mom-approved. I don't think I really did do a real sexually charged scent till I was about 20, and that was Dior Addict. Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with young teens wearing candy/foody scents that don't really have a sexual component to them, because those things are just fun to smell for the wearer. Again, though, I don't know what type of neighborhood you live in and what kind of perverted boys your girls may go to school with. If they're constantly in areas creeping with unsavory types, then it's probably safest for them to forego perfume altogether. Even at twice their age, if I know I'm going to be venturing in skeevy parts of the city with friends, I ditch the perfume and go light on the makeup.

I think it's going to be more belly dancer-like than anything because of the attars. I think the coffee is only a sort of supporting note.

I think it's going to be more belly dancer-like than anything because of the attars. I think the coffee is only a sort of supporting note.

Uhhhhh...I'm really hoping this smells how I imagine it will, because if it does it's gonna be FAB!!

Placed my order to day. 1 special item plus multiple samplers: Cry Havoc, Sand Box, and darn it, now that i think about it, I think I forgot Dirty Old Man. I guess I am more old than dirty ... lol.

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with young teens wearing candy/foody scents that don't really have a sexual component to them, because those things are just fun to smell for the wearer. Again, though, I don't know what type of neighborhood you live in and what kind of perverted boys your girls may go to school with. If they're constantly in areas creeping with unsavory types, then it's probably safest for them to forego perfume altogether.

We live in a good neighborhood and they do not hang around with problem boys although there are plenty around I am sure. I actually have a good network of like-minded parents and we all keep an eye and ear open when it comes to each others' kids.

What really concerns me are the true adult predators. The number of known registered sex offenders in the general area is scary. You only have to take your eye off of them for a minute when you are out and about. Plus the kids are old enough (teens) that I can send them to the other side of the store to get that one item you need and we do that often. So I do not want them wearing anything that says "Target Me" to the predator who happens to be in store at the same time. My son is big, strong and martial arts trained enough that you would have to be armed or really know what you are doing to get the drop on him. My daughters are a different story size-wise though.

My step-daughter dresses in a very provacative manner. Drives me crazy because i have young daughters. her dad lets her wear pretty much whatever she wants because that's how she dressed when she came to us a little over a year ago. Although he did send her back to change when she tried to leave wering a strapless top once. But I hate her sup;er thin strapped tanks with half her bra hanging out. They are camis, layering tanks for freak's sake. And don't get me started on the bun huggers. Frakking stripper shorts.

My oldest daughter has tested the waters a couple times - trying to wear the layering tank as an outer item or some such thing. Sent back to her room for a "redo".

Edit: My apologies for the threadjack. Back to our usual programming ....

Edited by quietguy

I distinctly remember... about age 13? flouncing down the stairs in a black mini skirt that was probably about 6 inches long and more than slightly transparent... And a low cleavaged pink belly buster top too. Found them in a bag of clothes one of my mom's friends gave us when she was going through her closet.

My Dad took one look at me, pointed back up the stairs and stated very firmly:

"That's too provocative. You're not leaving the house."

Fact: I never wore anything like that out of the house again... Fact: I don't think I ever have since (not counting that one time during my undergrad where I let my then boy-toy cut me out of a full body fishnet stocking... aaahhhh college!)

I just placed my July order and it was full of goodies for both myself and one of my best friends. Off the top of my head the order contained:

For me:

Open Windows (oil - bottle)

Pouncing Potion (oil - bottle)

Goddess of the Blue Moon (trial)

Heart's Ease (trial)

Goddess Potion (trial)

Blood on Snow (trial)

Honey Ho (trial)

Spinerette (trial - Katz and Invidiana's suggestion, thanks gals!)

A Touch of Cerise (trial)

Velvet Kisses (trial)

Grow a Pear (trial)

For my friend (who is a guy! trying to get him to register here so he can share share his experiences)

Irresistable (trial)

Pinnacle (trial)

Thunder (trial)

Top Dog (trial)

Lap of Luxury (trial)

TMI (trial)

Might have been one or two others I can't remember... And darn! I just remembered I wanted a tester of Teddy Man 2, and somehow it didn't make it on my list. Sad panda.

I also bought empty vials and pipettes.. I'm going to try to split some of the unscented Open Windows with him... If anyone has any suggestions for how to open the tops of those oil roller bottles without spilling product, please let me know!

Edited by teacozy

Teacozy, I frequently open the tops of the roller bottles in order to mix some perfume oil with some phero spray. The roller tops are often quite tightly fixed in their bottle, so what I do: I use a small nail file and bring its pointed end between the plastic part of the roller top and the glass part. Then I carefully push the plastic part out of the glass bottle, but before it completely comes out I take a clean piece of cloth or a paper tissue to pull it out by hand just to avoid any spilling of the product.

In particular we do not do shorts/sweat bottoms that say things like "juicy" "tasty" etc across the back bottom. To me that seems to just challenge predators to find out if it is true.

How coincidental! I was at a children's hospital the other day talking to a man and his daughter came in with juicy sweatpants. His facial expression completely morphed when we saw what was written on her behind. He began to scold and interrogate the girl about who bought her the pants in front of me. The girl looked like she wanted to melt into the floor. When she left I told him, "You do know that juicy is a brand right...juicy couture? They have bags and keychains with the word 'Juicy'... "He looked pretty shame faced after. But I can see how it could be taken that way. For that reason I was never interested in juicy couture sweats though I love their bags. People might think Im disillusioned with "juicy" stamped on the rear when my booty isn't exactly juicy :lol:

I have no issue with my kids wearing perfume. They already do on occasion, the littlest especially at bedtime, she loves sogni and pillow stuffing. Clothes are a different matter! Kids should dress like kids not short sluts. ↲↲I'm ashamed to list my order. I may have been a little crazy!

I distinctly remember... about age 13? flouncing down the stairs in a black mini skirt that was probably about 6 inches long and more than slightly transparent... And a low cleavaged pink belly buster top too. Found them in a bag of clothes one of my mom's friends gave us when she was going through her closet.

My Dad took one look at me, pointed back up the stairs and stated very firmly:

"That's too provocative. You're not leaving the house."

Fact: I never wore anything like that out of the house again... Fact: I don't think I ever have since (not counting that one time during my undergrad where I let my then boy-toy cut me out of a full body fishnet stocking... aaahhhh college!)

I just placed my July order and it was full of goodies for both myself and one of my best friends. Off the top of my head the order contained:

For me:

Open Windows (oil - bottle)

Pouncing Potion (oil - bottle)

Goddess of the Blue Moon (trial)

Heart's Ease (trial)

Goddess Potion (trial)

Blood on Snow (trial)

Honey Ho (trial)

Spinerette (trial - Katz and Invidiana's suggestion, thanks gals!)

A Touch of Cerise (trial)

Velvet Kisses (trial)

Grow a Pear (trial)

For my friend (who is a guy! trying to get him to register here so he can share share his experiences)

Irresistable (trial)

Pinnacle (trial)

Thunder (trial)

Top Dog (trial)

Lap of Luxury (trial)

TMI (trial)

Might have been one or two others I can't remember... And darn! I just remembered I wanted a tester of Teddy Man 2, and somehow it didn't make it on my list. Sad panda.

I also bought empty vials and pipettes.. I'm going to try to split some of the unscented Open Windows with him... If anyone has any suggestions for how to open the tops of those oil roller bottles without spilling product, please let me know!

Teacozy, I frequently open the tops of the roller bottles in order to mix some perfume oil with some phero spray. The roller tops are often quite tightly fixed in their bottle, so what I do: I use a small nail file and bring its pointed end between the plastic part of the roller top and the glass part. Then I carefully push the plastic part out of the glass bottle, but before it completely comes out I take a clean piece of cloth or a paper tissue to pull it out by hand just to avoid any spilling of the product.

I agree... I actually get under there with one of my nails, I have more control that way. If it is a perfume or something nice smelling I'll just take it off by hand and enjoy having the pleasant smell on my hands... if it smells nasty I'll use some tissues or paper towel :P

I'm too paranoid to actually take the rollerball out, but I find that ringing around it over and over again with a pin does eventually loosen it up. I guess you could do that with a thin pointy nail file too. I'll run a pin around and around the top, between the rollerball and the outside plastic, in circles until it loosens up a little. I remember that's what Mara told me to do when I encountered my first tight bottle.

I'm too paranoid to actually take the rollerball out, but I find that ringing around it over and over again with a pin does eventually loosen it up. I guess you could do that with a thin pointy nail file too. I'll run a pin around and around the top, between the rollerball and the outside plastic, in circles until it loosens up a little. I remember that's what Mara told me to do when I encountered my first tight bottle.

Invi, you mean the rollerball itself? I was talking about taking out the whole plastic element containing the ball in order to decant the liquid into another bottle. However, I sometimes find the rollerball itself very tight so that almost no liquid comes out when I try to roll it on. But what you said sounds good, I'll try that method with a needle to carefully loosen the ball a bit.

This is exactly how I do it, too!! I have a little nail file devoted to this task. Don't try to take the ball itself out of the roller assembly. Even though they sometimes find themselves out of it and lodged in the cap of the bottle, they aren't meant to be removed. If you ever find them out and in the cap, just replace the cap and screw it down real tight, and the ball should pop itself back in place.

Edited by goddesslynne

What works best for me is using a partially open scissors,just slide/wedge under and wiggle it up...I have a small styrofoam square made into a stand,with bottle and vial size holes to hold things while filling/adding ... the needle trick works perfectly on a stuck/tight ball,but have not had one of those in ages :)

B) I use a scalpel. :666:

Really! I inherited one from my father in law. That or an exacto knife. Or a paring knife. I play with sharps. Sharp things fix as many things as duct tape does. Heh.

Geeze I'm cantankerous right now... :)

Edited by ElizabethOSP