Any Colour You Like

luna65

AD-AnyColor_sm-LovePotion.jpg

Any Colour You Like

In loving acknowledgment of an instrumental journey unlike any other... Coconut and lavender milk form the glistening light source which is then split into jeweled shards of rich red (cherry), juicy orange (peach), luminous yellow (lemon), cool green (lime), calming cyan (blue musk) and luscious purple (blackberry). Mysterious as that most famous of symbols...it is your very own rainbow to wear and enjoy. And of course a tribute to this classic tune wouldn't be complete without a groovy pink tint for our fruity yet sophisticated brew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

BLACKBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection. Considered holy by some, and a food of the Fae.
CHERRY ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts
mate. Cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.
PEACH ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage.
Longevity, wishes granted.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
LIME ~ Healing, love, protection
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
LAVENDER MILK ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.
COCONUT MILK ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's my dream come true...which one's Pink? This scent is! :wub:
And of course you should be reading the thread while listening to this:
http://youtu.be/NKTBrxMiV3Q

*ahem*

Fangirl squee aside, this is wholly girly and yet not immature. But definitely feminine. I picked fruit notes to represent the colors of the prism because I felt I'd be more likely to want to wear a fruit blend than a floral blend in regards to the concept. And it is very well-blended, with the cherry combo (maraschino and black cherry) and the peach syrup forming the heart with the tang of the lemon ice and lime essence on top. It has a nice bright quality with the blackberry jam, blue musk, and the coconut/lavender milk on the bottom giving it a soft smooth finish. It starts out a bit loud but evolves fairly quickly into something more subtle, however as I've noted previously, fruit blends tend to burn out rather fast with my chemistry. But it's not heavy, it really does have a lovely almost weightless quality in the way it melds with my skin, and the musk makes it stick a bit more than it normally might. For me the closest comparison is Hummingbird Nectar with a bit more oomph (and no floral notes, of course).

And of course if other notes stand out on you more it really could be a realization of the name! ;)

It's my dream come true...which one's Pink? This scent is! :(

*ahem*

Fangirl squee aside, this is wholly girly and yet not immature. But definitely feminine. I picked fruit notes to represent the colors of the prism because I felt I'd be more likely to want to wear a fruit blend than a floral blend in regards to the concept. And it is very well-blended, with the cherry combo (maraschino and black cherry) and the peach syrup forming the heart with the tang of the lemon ice and lime essence on top. It has a nice bright quality with the blackberry jam, blue musk, and the coconut/lavender milk on the bottom giving it a soft smooth finish. It starts out a bit loud but evolves fairly quickly into something more subtle, however as I've noted previously, fruit blends tend to burn out rather fast with my chemistry. But it's not heavy, it really does have a lovely almost weightless quality in the way it melds with my skin, and the musk makes it stick a bit more than it normally might. For me the closest comparison is Hummingbird Nectar with a bit more oomph (and no floral notes, of course).

And of course if other notes stand out on you more it really could be a realization of the name! :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

YAY!!! I would get this UNSNIFFED if I wasn't a tad worried about the musk. So...I can't wait for my sample to see what happens!! I couldn't find a descrip for Hummingbird Nectar, so it must be GGG...

This sounds like my cup of teaaa!! JUICY CHERRY + lavender milk?? I WANA TRY!!!! >.< missdarlyncherie do let us know when you try it!! Cant wait to see your review!!! :(:D:D

Though this one sounds like it's prob not for me, I do appreciate the detailed reviews, especially when comparing the scent to a similar one so we can get an idea. You all have such detailed descriptions it makes my shopping easier!

I do appreciate the detailed reviews, especially when comparing the scent to a similar one so we can get an idea. You all have such detailed descriptions it makes my shopping easier!

:D ... I have some really nice Pinks,but this sounds like another must have...or at least a must try :blush:

My "pink" comment refers to the colo(u)r of the oil, of course (and the thing I can't legally mention but it's a reference to a fairly well-known song) rather than the scent itself. It's fruity but it's not specifically pink for me, not in the way I associate a pink scent.

:sock puppet shaking no ha: :shocked::A002::banana124:

:hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::devil::hotjump::hotjump::hotjump:

Mara said it! She said it! Wooop woooop!

That said, this is a lovely coloured, lovely fruity scent with a very gentle taste of musk. Mind- expanding? Mmmm, not sure! :001_302:

Really? Phew!

Okay this is a PINK FLOYD scent, but it is not pink, not like that.

Aforementioned reference:

The band is just fantastic, that is really what I think.

Oh by the way...which one's Pink?

http://youtu.be/wP8q0kfnhn8

kitteh: you just didn't wear it while under the black light!

Edited by luna65

Really? Phew!

Okay this is a PINK FLOYD scent, but it is not pink, not like that.

Aforementioned reference:

The band is just fantastic, that is really what I think.

Oh by the way...which one's Pink?

http://youtu.be/wP8q0kfnhn8

kitteh: you just didn't wear it while under the black light!

Ur right...work is *boring* like that!!

I had to do a bit of research on legalities... from what I understand, you can discuss anything you want on the message boards.

Anyone can say that they were inspired by the work of another artist to create something of their own, and name the other artist or work.

What you CAN'T do, is imply that the other party is endorsing your work or product, is in away way associated with it, or infringe on the other party's right to publicity - that is, to exploit their own famousness in any way that THEY choose.

So, we can allude, but we cannot put the name of the artist on the label or in the description. We cannot quote lyrics unless they are in the public domain.

Song titles are not copyrightable or trademarkable unless they are coined by the artist, such as "Margaritaville". So using a title is fine.

Fine and subtle lines, but I believe that we did it properly and respectfully.

I think Roger, Dave, Nick, and the spirit of Rick would be pleased to know that they inspired something other than getting stoned :sock puppet shaking no ha:

I think Roger, Dave, Nick, and the spirit of Rick would be pleased to know that they inspired something other than getting stoned :Dancing_Grapefruit:

Spirit of Syd too, even ;) Pre-Colour, but still.

I just felt like admitting I totally thought Pink *scent* too, not knowing the potion is tinted and the Floyd ref flying over my head like a big ole pig.

I'd rather not say how many times I reread the notes and thought, I know they make magick and all but how in the hell does that combine to smell PINK? :goldfish5:

This one esp makes me regret not doing the whole sampler after all, gah what was I thinking? Want to ask how the coconut comes through, but kinda feel like I'm just torturing myself.

• 2 weeks later...

So upbeat and sunny. In vial & when it first hits skin, I amp the cherry -- densely dark-red cherry ice. I have it in my hair, but also mooshed with occo red, which is terrific -- the acyl amps the occo red's chewy smokiness, and the occo red is splaying out acyl's colors - I get flashes of the different fruits every time I sniff. VERY evocative of the prism idea.

This would layer so fantastically with ANYTHING foody -- chocolatey, cakey, coconutty....

I can't believe I haven't professed my undying love for this one! It's so beautiful! It's like a Cherry Icee. It's Cherry Pink. It's the best of cherry and pink.

This scent reminds me of Mr. Bubbles but in a good way. Mr. Bubbles, Cherry Icee, and those Pink Panther bubblegum pops? The ones you get from the Ice Cream truck and it's Pink Panther's face? Anyone? Okay combine all those three and this is what you have. This is also completely layerable- I added some of Ail's Vanilla.. I can't even talk about it.

It's THAT good! I smell like a big Cherry Vanilla Slushee! FAB combo!

I agree with all of the above...cherry/berry iceeeee!!!

SO glad I can wear this because it is reminiscent of the "Cherry Nipples" one (can't recall the real name now) BUT without the PIERCING that my nose didn't like which had something to do with the white musk blend...

I took Lady V's suggestion, although I didn't have any Ail's Vanilla I am wearing it with Occo White AND IT IS DIVINE!!!!! Highly recommend this combo...

SO glad I can wear this because it is reminiscent of the "Cherry Nipples" one (can't recall the real name now) BUT without the PIERCING that my nose didn't like which had something to do with the white musk blend...

I took Lady V's suggestion, although I didn't have any Ail's Vanilla I am wearing it with Occo White AND IT IS DIVINE!!!!! Highly recommend this combo...

I hear so many great things about layering with Occo White- I am so tempted to try it- but I want to barf at the smell of cops. I hate when I can smell my own.. I wish LAM had a white

• 1 month later...

I agree with everything said above. I love it. Itz so well blended and refreshing and juicy and this is pure awesomeness :)

• 7 months later...

I couldn't find the thread for this so I thought I'd start one up, but please move this to the appropriate place if there is already a thread out there and I missed it. I just loooove this smell. It is all fruity and sweet but I can smell BLUE, like maybe blueberries. It has the candied quality about it that I love in Jungle Colada and Nectar de L'amour. It is beautiful in the bottle and on application, but my skin eats a fair bit and makes it mellow somewhat, which is probably for the best since I am likely to slather this given half a chance. A new favourite for me.

My only objection is that the Australian in me wants to spell this Any Colour you Like, hehehe :D

That actually is the name of it - it's titled after the Pink Floyd song - but there's a typo on the label.

I held this in my hand the other day, for a long time. Just held it. I didn't put some on, because I don't want to become obsessed with this one too, and then go into super freak hoard mode.. Then I checked the cart and there are 9 bottles left. I don't even want to think about it. It truly is a beautiful sweet candy pink scent.

My only objection is that the Australian in me wants to spell this Any Colour you Like, hehehe :D

The Canadian in me is with you! lol!

Hmmm... I wish I hadn't read the reviews for this one. Now I want a bottle of it too! It sounds perfect.

Edited by Eggers

That actually is the name of it - it's titled after the Pink Floyd song - but there's a typo on the label.

Aha! That's why I couldn't find this post, I was searching for "Any color you like" or "color you like" or even just "color" and nothing was coming up lol :P

• 2 months later...

In the bottle this smelled sooo delicious. When first applied, I got rich cherry/berry scent with some thing that came out "clean" smelling to me. Primarily fruit with an underlying smell that reminded me of cleanliness. I loved it...initially anyway. After an hour it reminded me of a clean restroom smell and gave me a headache. I got this boosted in BI, so I don't know if this altered the fragrance. Or maybe I slathered on way wayy too much and it's a simple case of less is more?

I really really really like how it goes on initially, so I'm going to give this another try, in a smaller amount. I'd hate to see this go.

In the bottle this smelled sooo delicious. When first applied, I got rich cherry/berry scent with some thing that came out "clean" smelling to me. Primarily fruit with an underlying smell that reminded me of cleanliness. I loved it...initially anyway. After an hour it reminded me of a clean restroom smell and gave me a headache. I got this boosted in BI, so I don't know if this altered the fragrance. Or maybe I slathered on way wayy too much and it's a simple case of less is more?

I really really really like how it goes on initially, so I'm going to give this another try, in a smaller amount. I'd hate to see this go.

Lol! I laugh only because...YES. Less is more with this perfume. I have the very same experience as you. Love it but then it gets sickening in a way later on somehow if I slather too much. HOWEVER...the reason I slather is that it is HG's favorite perfume EVER so I enjoy wearing it for him on the weekends. I do like it...don't get me wrong...but yes, you can go too far with it for some reason.

• 1 year later...

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. For some reason the idea of a perfume containing elements of the entire colour spectrum in one scent scared me a little. But both times I've worn this it has absolutely delighted me. You really can sense all of the colours there, whirling around in a synergistic carnival of rainbow scented glee. It is so bright and uplifting. Optimism in a bottle.

Edited by vladmyra

• 7 months later...

Well, I had a hard time finding this thread! The search thingie didn't want to accept any of my words. Of course I was spelling "Color" the American way, since LPMP is an American company. I don't know if it would have let me look up "colour."

Anyway...

First of all, when I put this on this morning, I realized that I think it would be best in a spray. If I were to decide to buy a full bottle, I would definitely want it in spray. I'm not sure why I feel this way...maybe it needs more "throw?"

I just went to look up the notes and I see it's in the archives now! It's sold out already!? This is terrible news. :( It's one I might have considered getting in a full bottle.

So, I do like the scent. It's very fruity, and I agree with another reviewer that the cherry comes through the most (for me, anyway). I also like the concept because I love rainbows.

:bday1029::heart0974::peace-sign::banana058:

So do I want to smell like a rainbow? Why, yes, yes I do. :D Unfortunately not all the notes work out on my skin, but overall I like it. Peach--there's something about the peach scents that turn plasticky on my skin. It happens with this scent too, but luckily the cherry is strong enough that I don't think it's very noticeable. All together, it's a cheerful, happy scent that I find sort of uplifting, and like I said, it's definitely one I would consider buying in a full bottle.

• 5 months later...

I got this off Etsy as soon as it appeared purely because of the reference to the Pink Floyd song. I had to get it to show my husband how cool rock star Mara and her team (Julie and John) were to make such a thing -- perfumes named after his precious classic rock! But I also like Pink Floyd, my husband being the one who introduced me 20 years ago and tossing me Dark Side Of The Moon and telling me which track this perfume was. :lol: I saved this for summer and have started wearing it frequently. I pick up a fruity blend with a nice maraschino cherry on the top just sniffing from the bottle. After applying, the cherry leads into the blue musk and then it all kind of settles down to a fruity musk with a lavender undertone. After it dries down, I can't really pick up any particular fruit. I occasionally get a plasticky note which I think is from the coconut milk as coconut (darn it!) seems to do this to me. I was afraid of the lavender which I don't do well with or usually particularly care for, but it adds to the mix. Nice and mellow. By God, it is like Pink Floyd's music! :omgwtf: I play them to relax on my drive to and from work. Huge Gilmour fan! :banana011: I love that man's singing and playing--mesmerizing. Oh, the scent is really good, too. :)

• 4 months later...

When this was launched, I didn't understand how this will turn out to be and thus didn't follow this thread. I received an unopened bottle from QG recently under the 'pay it forward' thread and I am so glad that I requested for this. With my recent craze for pink and cherry-based scents, this really works out well for me. Even my daughter went crazy when she smelled it last night. However, I do not get much coconut from this and I don't feel unhappy with its decision. Perhaps it will come out to play on another day and so be it.

• 8 months later...

It's my dream come true...which one's Pink? This scent is! http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/wub.png

*ahem*

And of course if other notes stand out on you more it really could be a realization of the name! http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/;).gif

I had a trial of this and loved it.

Luna's review reminded me to grab a bottle and use it up!! Threebies, what a deal.