Heart's Ease with Balm Bomb

Synergist, my cats aren't crazy about most of the perfumes either. Cops blends, on the other hand, they love. Makes them all smooshy and rubby and snuggly.

That's really interesting about the cops blends. I wonder why that would be so? Because that would indicate a female that is willing to mate, but not of their species, so why would they be interested in that? I'd be really curious to learn the science behind this! :)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another interesting tidbit: before Eggers was neutered, it was only the other two who got all lovey. Except for the first few times I wore cops at home, Eggers avoided me when I had them on. He's only been neutered for - what? two weeks? - and now he's just as lovin' as the other two. Weird, huh? I'd be curious to find out why this is, too.

It must be said though, that Eggers is two and a half years old, so he's been horribly horny off and on for roughly a year, maybe a year and a few months. I kind of think the cops smell might have been a bit much for him.

Plus, there are lots of other incidents in nature where animals have been attracted to women during their cycle: bears, dogs, dolphins and whales, just to name a few that I've heard of. I wonder what the common denominator is between species that makes animals behave this way?

Here's another interesting tidbit: before Eggers was neutered, it was only the other two who got all lovey. Except for the first few times I wore cops at home, Eggers avoided me when I had them on. He's only been neutered for - what? two weeks? - and now he's just as lovin' as the other two. Weird, huh? I'd be curious to find out why this is, too.

It must be said though, that Eggers is two and a half years old, so he's been horribly horny off and on for roughly a year, maybe a year and a few months. I kind of think the cops smell might have been a bit much for him.

Plus, there are lots of other incidents in nature where animals have been attracted to women during their cycle: bears, dogs, dolphins and whales, just to name a few that I've heard of. I wonder what the common denominator is between species that makes animals behave this way?

When you say "during their cycle", do you mean when they were fertile or when they were actually menstruating? It is indeed very curious. Poor Eggers, all that horniness for all that time and only male cats to take it out on!

LOL! I love this stuff, the scent and the phero. First time I put it on I'm not sure what was going on cause I already had kitten nip on for a while but I suddenly got all laid back when I put this stuff on. I'm not sure if it really affected other people but I also had this on to my rehearsal yesterday and during auditions. People were acting so happy around me....Dunno...

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

• 4 weeks later...

Its quite late here in the UK, and I am working tomorrow so its going to be a very quick review of the

Heart's Ease with Balm Bomb.

I have been wearing it since Friday, its oil version. So I applied it to the back of my neck, my face and my hair. I love the smell, its very soft and relaxing smell. I am not sure whether these amounts were enough to affect others around me... I wore it to a bar to meet my flatmate and another friend, these girls saw me and they were like ' oh, you look so good, and you dress so well, and your hair look good this way.' Note, one of these two girls is very competitive and she has never really complimented me before. And my flatmate was following me around in the bar for a while as well, i did not notice too much attention from others, obviously there were men staring at me, but they were kind of far from me, so not sure its the mone or my look triggered that....

Anyway, I wore it to have dinner later with my flatmate and she seemed abit more bright and energetic than she usually is... she asked me to go see the kitchen setting in the furniture shop, and it was like 930pm!!

The major question I have about this is that I have not been sleeping well since Friday (the day I started wearing it), I have been wearing it since ( very little today tho), I had difficulty to fall in sleep... And yehh basically I felt very awake. I am quite calm nothing too exciting happening... so I wonder whether you girls have similar problem??

Thanxx!!

:Hug_emoticon:

The major question I have about this is that I have not been sleeping well since Friday (the day I started wearing it), I have been wearing it since ( very little today tho), I had difficulty to fall in sleep... And yehh basically I felt very awake. I am quite calm nothing too exciting happening... so I wonder whether you girls have similar problem??

Thanxx!!

:Hug_emoticon:

Nope,just the opposite,have put this on to help sleep a few times! I think many have...check the review thread for this on the board :)

• 3 weeks later...

GUYS. If you have any kind of emotional PMS symptoms -- or even ever get crabby, ragey or sad for any other reason -- you MUST BUY THIS. MUST, MUST. IMMEDIATELY.

I am one of those lucky bastards who doesn't usually or often have terrible PMS symptoms, but this last one was a whopper, crazy weepy (totally overreacting and knowing it but not being able to stop, hours of sobbing) and ragey (screaming at strangers & SERIOUSLY contemplating beating their heads bloody kinda shit). (How do you guys live like this???)

This was MAGIC with BOTH the sadness AND the rage. (HOW??!)

The effects were incredibly dramatic, took me from frighteningly out of control and "not myself" to "NORMAL," "CALM WATERS" in probably 5 minutes-- and yet it does its work in a very natural, mellow, smooth way.

The gentle, neutral, unobtrusive scent no doubt a contributor. It hasn't been so BIG on me in recent wearings. Maybe my skin gobbled it b/c it needed it :)

I am using tiny dabs from a trial vial (oil). This one needs a spot in my go-everywhere purse LP kit.

I utterly love Heart's Ease and found it amazing for the onset on PMS, and invaluable with family problems. So good infact that I gave mum mine and my replacement will come in my sale box of goodies. I have really been missing it, but it was far more important that my mum had the extra strength to cope with things.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I gave a small spray sample of this to a friend of mine and she loves the lavender smell. She says a few sprays on her pillow helps her sleep on nights when she gets insomnia.

I have insomnia and raging PMS. I purchased a fb, and it's on it's way!! Right on time too, my stupid red river starts this week:(

I will hopefully have an awesome report to give very soon!

I absolutely loved the smell of Heart's Ease... until I asked BF what he thought of it, and he said it reminded him of dollar store incense. And now that's all I can smell when I wear it. I really want a bottle of it still, though! I'm dying to use Balm Bomb, (because it would come in so handy for PMS), and the kitteh on the label makes my heart ache! I will eventually get a bottle, 'cause I can't leave that sad kitteh hangin', but also, I loved it so much when I first wore it, (before I asked BF his stupid opinion), and I think I could love it all over again. Plus... the sad kitty! (Seriously, someone has *got* to stop putting cute animals on all the bottle labels, because I want to buy them whether I like the perfume or not!).

I know you will love it again,especially when you associate the scent with the effects a few times :) I do,and it is not what I thought was even a Calii scent,at all :D

When I first put this on it smelled very very clean, SUPER lavendery, and almost unisex. But oh my, an hour later and it smells like matte burnt vanilla and brown sugar... but... earthier (sorry if "matte" scents don't make sense but that's the only way I can think to describe it since it's not powdery, but not foody or juicy, or even floraly). I think I amp the patchouli but luckily it's not too heavy ( I think I tend to amp spices quite a bit) and overall it still smells clean. I get a wee little bit of jasmine coming through and I'm thinking the oakmoss, birch leaf and rose stems are doing a great job of keeping this from being overwhelmingly sweet and sugary.

As far as the effects of the balm bomb (the original reason I ordered this sample)... I think I may have encountered my first phero OD (my head hurts), but I am indeed still relaxed and in a good mood so... yay :)

yes, I have an attraction to cute labels, too. Kicking myself for not buying Allie's Puppified Strawberries (both for label and scent). Balm Bomb is wonderful stuff. (almost wrote blam bomb)

LOVE THIS! I get Lavender, some greenness and a bit of sweet...probably the sugar. I would've never thought I would have a love for calming, sleepy time scents, but oh lord I do! I hope this stays forever, cause I NEED this in my life everyday. As for the Balm Bomb, so far I'm feeling very relaxed. Haven't started the big PMS yet, so that will be the big test!

Oh and hubby was whining because he wants me to wear Sexpionage tonight...oh well, he'll get over it ;)

I'm going to get a sample of this, your review tipped me over the edge... I need something for when I'm starting my red dot as well...

I'm sure you'll love it! The Balm Bomb in it, is so relaxing! Really helped my PMS. And the scent is perfect. I really don't know how to describe it. It's not a strong scent, it's a calming scent. Like its just there, but it fades into you. I'm not describing this very well, but it's hard to put into words.

Let me know what you think, when you get your sample.

I might have to get a sample after all these raving from you, MrsC! I didn't think about this as I have a bottle of UN Tranqulity which I have not used and at least another 2 bottles of scents enhanced with Tranq. Not too many opportunities to use pheros.

@Eggers, Hoyden has a cute kitten label .....

JOC, definitely get a sample. It's the perfect night time/PMS/I'm not feeling well scent. Honestly, I never thought I would have much use for these type of scents, but boy was I wrong! I've tried Lavender lotions from Bath and Body Works, but they were just meh. The only reason I tried this, was because I have horrible PMS and I figured the Balm Bomb would help. But I didn't expect to love the scent so much. It's so gentle and calming. I always thought wearing scents to bed was stupid, and a waste, but I was so wrong!

Hope you try it, and if you do, let us know what you think :)

Eta- for grammar fail

Edited by Mrschrissyrez

the scent is perfect. I really don't know how to describe it. It's not a strong scent, it's a calming scent. Like its just there, but it fades into you. I'm not describing this very well, but it's hard to put into words

Exactly!!! I think you've explained it perfectly. It's the first LP I can remember where (even for a super opinionated person like me) it doesn't MATTER whether you like/dislike any given notes - it doesn't insist on itself - it's there QUIETLY and calmly and lets you be. G

I wore this while babysitting a normally very fussy 22 month old adorable little girl. She tends to be upset a lot and easily frustrated. Thinking this works for me with my PMS etc, I decided to wear Heart's Ease because it's the only thing I have with BB in it. Boy was I right! She didn't cry AT ALL. That's unheard of. She always cries. Like I said in my posts above...lifetime supply! This stuff helps you become the baby whisperer!!

• 1 month later...

has anyone gotten some unscented balm bomb and has tried this as well?

I like this but I'm thinking about getting somr balm bomb if possible for layering with different scents.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got this in a trade. I'd previously had a sample that I sent on elsewhere to someone who needed it, so I remember being okay with the scent.

I don't know if I'm getting sensitive to the pheromones now that I've had some UNs to play with but when I first slathered this on this morning I got that initial queasy urgh feeling that I do when I've put on some UN without scent (or not enough scent, which is why I'm now putting down a lot of scent first and then putting some UN on.) However after a few minutes, I didn't have to breathe as carefully and I was good to go. Initially it was more floral than I liked. I like lavender (and enjoy wearing lavender essential oil by itself when I have the luxury) but something else was a bit too "mom's perfume" for me. I went about my business and an hour later on this smells like a candle I really like that goes by the name of "Cashmere." I looked it up online and was pleased that my nose was able to detect the patchouli in both since this isn't the stinky dark hippie patchouli by any means. Cashmere has patchouli, lime, and vanilla in it. I guess it's the sugar and the jasmine in Heart's Ease that's making me still think of lime and vanilla (I know they don't directly correlate, but I smell heart's ease and now it's like I can smell lime and vanilla because of the association.)

It's very huffable, and wear's close to my skin. I'd like some more "throw" so maybe my collection will eventually include a heart's ease spray for me to layer with the oil roll-on. I can't speak to the calming effects. Today's going to be pretty laid back anyway so I'm not sure how much it's going to be necessary but still, a calming balm is probably never a bad thing.

AD-HeartEase_LG_LovePotion_BohemianCats_.jpg

LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.

ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.

BIRCH LEAF ~ Symbolizes renewal and cleansing, birth, healing, Lunar energies, and protection.

ROSE STEMS ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.

LILY ~ Wards away evil, protects, and breaks enchantments. Prosperity, happiness, wealth, excitement. Eases feelings of loss.

JASMINE ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.

OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

WHITE PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

Edited by MissHazel

Wore this perfume for the 1st time since before Christmas, forgot how much I absolutely love this. Had hideous PMT yesterday so wore this to work and had such a calm day. Had a functional skills inspection and the poor lady was fraught when she'd arrived and she was loving my perfume and it relaxed her so much. I need a back up bottle of this for sure. Lavender, lily and orchid never smelled so good.