Spell Weaver

Beccah

BLACKBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection. Considered holy by some, and a food of the Fae.

TOASTED MARSHMALLOW ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.

BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.

AD-SpellWeaver_LovePotion.jpg

Blackberry, not raspberry. It's very round-smelling to me...the marshmallow makes you feel like you're biting into something fluffy and round, and benzoin is sticky sweet, syrupy. This is one of my faves for the month.

Love that avatar, Chrissy! So cute!

Blackberry, not raspberry. It's very round-smelling to me...the marshmallow makes you feel like you're biting into something fluffy and round, and benzoin is sticky sweet, syrupy. This is one of my faves for the month.

Love that avatar, Chrissy! So cute!

Can you tell I have NR fever, LOL! Sounds delish, okay full bottle...somebody stop me!!!

Aww, thank you Mara!

Well I don't know what benzoin smells like by itself,and have my nose full of too many NR's,but this is really yummy,and yes it smells just like you would think biting into a blackberry flavored marshmallow tastes :lol: ...someone should make such a thing,or maybe they do for Halloween :huh:

Blackberry am lover here !

and this smells very much like it and Marshmallow Fluff.

VERY SWEET, almost too sweet for me

after a few mins I got a headache, and both scent and ache have now died down

love the label though :)

Edited by liz

I love blackberry but it doesn't always love me. and so is the case with Spell Weaver. It goes almost plasticky-blueberry on my skin. Love the fluffiness of the marshmallow in this, though, and for some reason, I'm even getting a nutty vibe. I will try this in a couple of weeks; there's usually a week where I can get my blackberry love in!

I am kind of getting more of a blueberry thing too! It's pretty good, I like the marshmallow fluff, that's for sure. Right now it is not one of my monthly faves, but of course that could change as NR fever cools off.

Hard to compete with my favorite blackberry perfume of all time...That Kind of Girl of course!!

Well I don't know what benzoin smells like by itself,and have my nose full of too many NR's,but this is really yummy,and yes it smells just like you would think biting into a blackberry flavored marshmallow tastes :lol: ...someone should make such a thing,or maybe they do for Halloween :huh:

Blackberry flavoured marshmallow - that sounds good.

Remember when Trish McEvoy's No. 9 (and all its various permutations) was all the rage? That is what Spell Weaver is like on me: that whole "blackberry cotton candy"-type vibe. And as such I love it! The marshmallow and benzoin combine to be really sugary but in a nicely smooth way, not too sharp or bright, combining with the juiciness of the blackberry (I adore the blackberry accord Mara uses). The way some people love the pink/candy/girlie scents, this is my idea of cute girlie sweet and I must have a bottle!

This smells a little like vomit when I first apply. I think some berries do that to me. But once it settles in, it actually smells really good! Does benzoin smell like brown sugar? This smells like blackberries on marshmallow fluff coated in sticky brown sugar to me. It smells like a really yummy dessert.

• 2 weeks later...

I wore this the other day and really enjoyed it, I don't know if I would order a full bottle, I have to test it out more along with the magical components to see if I need a full bottle. I did enjoy how grapey this smelled on me. Like purple sweet grapes wrapped in marshmallows and sugar! Very sweet and candy like.

I have this on today,it is more marshmallow now with the berries just sweet enough...I do have it on with some Beth's Blushing Milkmaid fairly close by ...smells like light pink frosted cookies :o

LOVE this one. Starts out bursting with tart juicy blackberry, then gradually these clouds and clouds of vanilla marshmallow rise up around it and just make it completely swoonworthy. I think it's the benzoin that helps anchor that whole vanilla deliciousness.The blackberry doesn't go away, it just get s a whole lot more vanillaed, and it also doesn't turn cloying-candy-sweet like some fruit notes can on me. Now if you filled some marshmallows with blackberry jam and dared to toast them, would that taste like this smells?

I just got this sample and I love it, I love how when it drys down the blackberry sits there so nicely and then I can catch a wiff of the benzoin.... I will need a bottle of this in my future, I can't do it this month since my money is already spoken for the phero's but this is going to be mine very soon

• 3 weeks later...

Wet, BLACKBERRY CANDY! Drying down, BLACKBERRY-SYRUP-DRENCHED WHITE CAKE!!!! Late drydown: The benzoin that had been peering out at me, eyeballs only, from dark alleyways, has leapt out of the shadows and taken over.

BLACKBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection. Considered holy by some, and a food of the Fae.

TOASTED MARSHMALLOW ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.

BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.

This one is interesting: I'm feeling it more as an Intent Scent than a perfume. I've worn it a couple times before, but today it really hit me with the Intent. I was snoofing it on long drydown and thought, "Wait. What is this one for?" There it is. I needed the healing, protection, holiness, psychism, purification, and leanings toward prosperity. This one is going into my Ritual stash. And besides all that, I enjoy the scent! :)

• 9 months later...

What is benzoin? Why it's that something-something throwing my nose off I'd say :D

Benzoin is supposed to smell like "smoky, resinous vanilla". I totally get the blackberry and marshmallow - toasted even! How unique! I think it's the smoky character that my nose is trying to sort out - I'm really starting to fall for smoky scents!

On dry down my skin really pulls out the vanilla and it a creamy, yummy vanilla at that! :Emoticons0424:

This one is delicious! So many perfumes...so little skin!

I was scared if the benzoin- thought I wouldn't like it for some reason.... But it works amazing in this. Wet- this is extremely blackberry heavy, like candy. Dry- smoky sweet vanilla with a hint of blackberry. This is a yummy scent!

Yes! Me too!

I had no idea what to expect from benzoin, and may not have looked it up if it weren't for the sale :blushing:

As soon as I read "vanilla" and "smoke" I was sold to try it. It's crazy how I don't even seem to want to bother with samples lately - just go FB, hehehe...I've been really fortunate so far and am VERY happy! This one is HUGELY delicious! :love: