New Releases for JULY 2013

See, I like how normal Daniel Craig looks. the fact that he's not excessively hot makes him hot to me. LOL. if that makes any sense. plus, you just can't go wrong with a British accent! But yeah...i do think his Bond is similar to Connery's Bond.

I'm with you BB. He's not "classically handsome" by any means, but there's a rough, uber-manly quality to his demeanor and vibe that ...grrowr. That, plus the new depth they have given the Bond character in the latest films...

It's going to be a couple days, you'll see why.

GAAAHHH! I knew it! Post-weekend... *cries*, consoles self with RIDICULOUS RACK OF LP'S SHE ALREADY HAZ...

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I like how normal Daniel Craig looks. the fact that he's not excessively hot makes him hot to me. LOL. if that makes any sense. plus, you just can't go wrong with a British accent! But yeah...i do think his Bond is similar to Connery's Bond.

Yes me too. BB. For me it's always a guy that has a couple of features that just do it for me.

DC has that less refined Brit look. I want to say pub lout but he's not that far over that edge. lol

Must be major! It's been impossible to access the main page for a couple of days now. . . from work or home.

There is a major presentation - John has come up with his own "James Bond" theme and Mara, Luna & Halo will be dancing naked in relief like in the beginning of the Bond movies ... :say66:

See, I like how normal Daniel Craig looks. the fact that he's not excessively hot makes him hot to me.

Totally makes sense...for me it's just for a different style of dude -- Cumberbatch, Jay Baruchel etc.

DC has that less refined Brit look. I want to say pub lout but he's not that far over that edge. lol

Oh, that helps - I get it - like, Russell Crowe - the "if there's a bar fight he will take care of things" kind of thing! okay. ETA I seem to recall reading or hearing that that is actually not too far off from what he (DC) is - he used to get in kind of a lot of fights or something...

Edited by tyvey

There is a major presentation - John has come up with his own "James Bond" theme and Mara, Luna & Halo will be dancing naked in relief like in the beginning of the Bond movies ... :say66:

You've got it backwards. Mara has come up with the theme and John John and the kitties will be doing the dancing.

The soundtrack for my scribing sessions has been Bond songs and I've come to the following conclusion.

My favorite "classic" era (1960s-70s) song - and there were so many great ones, but this melody is instantly iconic:

http://youtu.be/YR9N947b3F0

My favorite "modern" era (1980s-present) song - it has all the classic elements while also utilizing modern touches, and Shirley Manson's voice = brilliant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPxGhCzPI-4

Luna is writing masterpieces this month!!!

Wait, what? No Live and Let Die?!!!

I do have the urge to punch russell crowe hard in face :D

lol - noooo! I have always loved Russell Crowe - I would do that man in a stairwell. I thought he was hotter than Superman in the latest movie. > :go:

:P Too much talking, not enough scribing! :smiley-sex010:

:beggingpleasesmiley:

Edited by Just Ducky

Mara, you can have him all to yourself :D each and every one of us to our own taste! He just rubs me the wrong way, i think it's because he comes across like he thinks he's as hard as nails, make me want to punch him and make him cry :P

A stairwell you say...oh my! Let us know if it lives up to the fantasy if it happens!!

LOL, trust me, no one wants to see me doing that. :P

You've got it backwards. Mara has come up with the theme and John John and the kitties will be doing the dancing.

:Emoticons04269:

I have always loved Russell Crowe - I would do that man in a stairwell.

This I've got to see.

Me too!!

LOL, I knew you would say that!

You know me too well at this point ... :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by quietguy

Totally makes sense...for me it's just for a different style of dude -- Cumberbatch, Jay Baruchel etc.

Oh, that helps - I get it - like, Russell Crowe - the "if there's a bar fight he will take care of things" kind of thing! okay. ETA I seem to recall reading or hearing that that is actually not too far off from what he (DC) is - he used to get in kind of a lot of fights or something...

LOL.. are you saying he's a bit of a pub lout ...or soccer hooligan? He's a little Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels.

( he wasn't in that, just a simile.)

Edited by StacyK

The soundtrack for my scribing sessions has been Bond songs and I've come to the following conclusion.

My favorite "classic" era (1960s-70s) song - and there were so many great ones, but this melody is instantly iconic:

http://youtu.be/YR9N947b3F0

My favorite "modern" era (1980s-present) song - it has all the classic elements while also utilizing modern touches, and Shirley Manson's voice = brilliant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPxGhCzPI-4

.. and don't forget Live and Let Die...

I have always loved Russell Crowe - I would do that man in a stairwell.

Oh, I totally lust for him, EXCEPT in Gladiator, yuck. His intensity and his macho thing PLUS obvious intelligence, deadly combo. Even in THE INSIDER, his best ever performance IMO, though they tried to make him super unattractive, there were a few scenes where his eyes were so intense and so sexy, my friend and I kept turning to each other and going :o and making approving heckling noises and people around us were annoyed

Edited by tyvey

My favorite song from the Bond Movies is Skyfall. I love Adelle

I love that song too.

Confession: I've only ever watched one Bond movie, lol - The Living Daylights... and only because a-ha did the theme song, lol...

Wow Tyvey (and Mara, I guess!), we have polar opposite tastes in men! I *don't see* the intensity. I see lack of expression...? Maybe it's like that theory on how some women cannot be physically attracted to certain men because they are too close to their genetic code? I'm destined to have beautiful babies with DC and the werewolf from TrueBlood.

^^OMG Molls & Hearts...you need to go back in time and watch the first couple with Connery. Then carry on with a few more. Just to get the whole idea.

I found a CD PAC that had the first 3 movies for $6.

Edited by StacyK

^^OMG Molls & Hearts...you need to go back in time and watch the first couple with Connery. Then carry on with a few more. Just to get the whole idea.

I found a CD PAC that had the first 3 movies for $6.

Really? I've never been a Connery fan. I'll try, lol

I'm still a sucker for the Goldfinger song. When I was a little girl, I thought the lady painted gold was the sexiest thing I'd ever seen! :)

Goldfinger was great.. story and song. It's the basis for everything.. serious and parody that's come after it. The sec I saw Goldie Fingers I knew this months theme. LOL

We are all Bond fans here. Ive shown the labels to friends and Family. :cat690:

Edited by StacyK

.. and don't forget Live and Let Die...

Yeah I know, like I said, there's a lot of classics from that era, but "You Only Live Twice" is my favorite.

Maybe it's like that theory on how some women cannot be physically attracted to certain men because they are too close to their genetic code?

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

DUDE, YOU HAVE LONG BEEN IN MY SIG SAYING THIS VERY THING!!!!!!

you & I are so not men...no amount of hotness of body can make us find a man attractive if we don't like his face :D /boring gross-generalization of the day

He looks like a pug except an ugly version. ETA I know this is mean, but (A) Daniel Craig is equally entitled to find me unattractive and (B ) when people put themselves out there and make a living based (in part) on people wanting or not wanting to look at them, I think they have made themselves fair game for comments on their looks (including negative comments). *excuses excuses*

What's sig?

That totally makes sense BB but he still looks like he should be on the cover of Mad Magazine

You know me too well at this point ... :lol::lol::lol:

That was not directed at you, dear, but rather my Twin who was scolding me for not living up to my rock'n roll standards.

Wow Tyvey (and Mara, I guess!), we have polar opposite tastes in men! I *don't see* the intensity. I see lack of expression...? Maybe it's like that theory on how some women cannot be physically attracted to certain men because they are too close to their genetic code? I'm destined to have beautiful babies with DC and the werewolf from TrueBlood.

I like how you think Katz!! Lol

No, Katz THIS is what you see LOL

alfred-e-newman-2.gif

But he's lit reaaaaly well in the films though...

^^...LOL... a little around the ears.. most British boys have big ears. But really that looks more like his Red Head little cousin.

What's sig?

the signature under my posts. You must have them hidden... go to top right corner > click "raq on" menu > click "manage ignore preferences" > UNcheck "Ignore all signatures when reading topics and personal messages"

I'm adding to it now!