MIASMA

Dolly

AD-MIASMA.jpg

Miasma

The Lily is a symbol of France, as is the Fleur de Lys logo - a symbol of both the flower and the country. MIASMA, a thick and heady melange of gorgeous-smelling but poisonous lilies, is an ode to the "Dark Queen" Catherine de Medici of France, circa mid 1500's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
Poisonous lilies of every description...they smell sooo beautiful, but oh, so deadly... LILY ~ Purity, modesty. Wards away evil, protects, and breaks love spells.
LILY OF THE VALLEY ~ Soothing and calming on the nerves. Sweetness, mental prowess, happiness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, this one is LILY.....very powerful on me at first.....as it dries, I still get lily, but possibly other florals.....my skin is morphing this one, I think, and not in such a nice way. BUT, my skin is known to have a floral issue.

For those of who who do well with florals, you will love it. Very beautiful in the vial, and for about the first 30 min after application (may be something I could use in a scent locket.....now THERE'S a thought).....try it, definitely.....I am sure that for someone with the right chemistry, it would be absolutely breathtaking....

Okay received my order today and this smells like one big bouquet of lillies. I like it though but I haven't tried it on my skin. The scent is pretty strong just on a whiff so I hope it subsides a little once applied.

Edited by seamonkey

Let me know how it is on your skin.

I did actually craft it bold, wide and strong on purpose. I wanted it to create a cloud of scent and really live up to its name - in a good way. :)

It contains 6 types of Lillies and 3 other poisonous flowers, musk, woods and resins.

Intoxicating......and this from someone that isn't much of a floral person ( I wasn't a 'vanilla' person either 'til I found this place). I think I smell the 'wickedness'.

liz

Let me know how it is on your skin.

I did actually craft it bold, wide and strong on purpose. I wanted it to create a cloud of scent and really live up to its name - in a good way. :banana011:

It contains 6 types of Lillies and 3 other poisonous flowers, musk, woods and resins.

Me LURVES lily-of-the-valley.

Do I get a free bottle, with my next order, for being co-creator?

• 2 weeks later...

Today I finally put this one on. When I first got it I smelled it in the vial but I guess I didnt pay enough attention to it. So I finally put it on after getting out of the shower and WOW its fantabulous. I love the fresh scent with the sweet dry down. This is like the perfect clean just out of a cold shower on a hot sumer day refreshing scent. I added this one to my full bottle list.

Miasma: Ohhh yes, strong lily yet NOT too crazy floral if you're not a floral person! Fear not!

Like holding bunch of lilies in the hand and take a deep sniff of the flowers. It's got an edg to this blend however....just tad sharp for a few seconds before it mellows to a gorgeous soft scent. The short lived sharpness gives Miasma a "sinster, calculating" vibe to the blend. It's not an innocent lily blend, it's a very cold, crips type of lilies..with a tinest hint of green in the background. Sharp, cool,collective yet beautiful is Miasma!

MPM

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I love it too. I forgot about for awhile, but I wore it the other day after discussing what my favorite florals were with my honey(how many guys do THAT? He's really into the fact that I like to create customs and research pheros,ect...), I mentioned Lily of the valley and he likes it too.

It IS a great perfume-I agree with Liz, you can "feel" a sinister edge there, the 'poison',if you will. But Gorgeous all the way. Great throw.

Now of course I wanna do a LOV custom...but I'm very happy that I got in on Miasma while it was still around.

It smells nothin like the perfume of my childhood "Muget du Bois" by coty(YOU know, that chartruese stuff in the spray bottle at drugstores everywhere), however, the mere scent of Lily takes me back to that time again. Holiday mornings, Summers on the porch watchin cars go by with my Grandma...so in that vein, its a memory scent for me, like some scents are, that take you to another place. For that alone I love it.

And yes, though strong at first, Miasma mellows beautifully and stays with you all day allowing you to catch whisps of its lovliness. Thanks again gals!

• 3 months later...

This was one of my gifted full size samples. I do like it. The lilly is really creamy, & to my nose could be interchangeble with gardenia. The green crispness comes across as slightly basil to me. I really like the way the creaminess lingers on my skin.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

HOW did this NOT end up more popular?

This is plain nuts...K - since I came to LP I love gourmands. Get it.

But before I was a white floral fiend. AND this is WHITE FLORAL. Writ large. Loud and Proud. DAYUM white floral.

White floral with a bad a$$ attitude.

I really don't understand why this didn't sell out in like - 2 mins?!

So so confused about that.... LURV's the wide a$$ white florals in this one. And THROW is a good thing. Embrace your inner Perfume 'HO already. :)

Oh :)

I think I've proven myself to be a scent whore more than once. :)

This has quite a commanding and weighty vibe and if you love white florals then this is among the best of them. It doesn't turn to soap on me which is nice but I'm just not really a white floral type of gal unless there's a lot of sweetness involved, which would be wrong for Miasma. This is for a woman who knows her style and revels in it.

This is a scent that announces you 20 feet before you enter the room. :lol:

Which is something I can't do everyday but when I am channeling a Mae West vibe - this would rock it.

• 2 months later...

Piles of huge white flowers. Classically beautiful, very grownup, luxe -- ie totally not me:) but it's fun to pretend!

This is what one must put on just before leaving the house when one is done with gown, hair & makeup and is on one's way downtown to be handed the Academy Award for Best Actress.

• 4 months later...

This is so beautiful. I love it and I wish I had purchased a couple of bottles during the sale. Very classic, mature and commanding. Very different from the soft floras I like. I'll have to keep an eye on this during the next sale.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a big surprise for me!!! :aola:

This is a green scent for me. It's a clean Powerful and elegant lily. I see this going well with FOCUS! It slowly turned powdery on my skin... LOVELY :aola::):) There's a slight sharpness in the lily but i think that's what makes me feel focus and strong! Nicely done!!!

WOOP WOOP! :thumbup:

• 4 months later...

To soften it, I used mixed a little of this with my body lotion last night. It turned out just fine. I'm certain this is how I will be using this from now onwards.

this is a strong scent, its kinda unique too which i like. Been a while since I had this one, maybe it'll be posted in the sale items this summer sometime. Not sure what type of sales or sale the ladies will be having this summer but there will probably be at least one, its always exciting, this is when I really get to stash on some good stuff.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Oooh, this one's lovely! It makes me feel elegant. I love florals and I love lilies in particular, so I'm a big fan of this one. Sometimes it turned a little soapy on me, but I don't mind that. I like soap, too! haha. And this is like those super-elegant decorative soaps that you'd find in fancy hotels.

When I first put it on, it seemed to disappear right away, so I reapplied it--and then it lasted a really long time! All day. And I mean ALLLL day! So that was nice.