Jump to content
Potion Master

New Website Coming Soon!

Recommended Posts

So the website is getting ready to launch this weekend. It's a gigantic ordeal, moving it from the temp location of LPMP.store over to it's permanent home of LovePotionPerfume.com. We are going to lose all the old image files and links from the older site that we currently see here on the forum. I will be spending the next two days rescuing as many image files as I can before they are deleted, so we can reload them and eventually fix the broken image links here in the forum.

 

I am keeping up the temp site of LuvPotionPerfume.com for at least a while - hopefully ordering will not be interrupted there -  so we can iron out all the bugs and get everything functioning on the new site, but it will be an upheaval so I wanted everyone to know what's going on. When you are dealing with the sheer weight of a site like ours, with hundreds of pages and thousands of image files, it's no small task. There are still things that need doing on the new site like fixing tags and credits and such, but we can do that while it is live, we've all waited way too long for this.

 

It all starts on Saturday and will take most of the day. Once it's up I will let you know, and you can explore, and also let us know where problems are hiding that we need to fix as well.

 

And away we go!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoo!  I know you've been working very hard for a long time to make this happen, congratulations on it going 'live'!  :Emoticons10311:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome, congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to the new website going live! Congratulations!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whooo hooo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I hate change.

I have been known to get upset when friends change their own hair color. How do I know we'll still be friends? Who is this new person? Will I like the new site as much as the old site? How will I navigate? If LPMP has its hair dyed black and gets bangs, will it still be LPMP?

 

I feel like I need to make a quick order, just in case the new site and I don't get along....

 

Except it has that wishlist function? 

Edited by Eastwood22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

I hate change.

I have been known to get upset when friends change their own hair color. How do I know we'll still be friends? Who is this new person? Will I like the new site as much as the old site? How will I navigate? If LPMP has its hair dyed black and gets bangs, will it still be LPMP?

 

I feel like I need to make a quick order, just in case the new site and I don't get along....

 

Except it has that wishlist function? 

🤣🤣 You sound like my little sis. We just had a similar conversation today 

 

I have no doubt the new site will be awesome 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oceanjewel said:

I have no doubt the new site will be awesome 

I'm sure you're right. I'm just attached to the one I'm always scrolling through now! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eastwood don’t worry. The old site was sooooo much better than the temp site. The temp site sucks. There is no doubt in my mind That the new site will be a million times better. Just think... search function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:banana058: Shockingly, the new site is now LIVE!  :banana058:

 

(I'm leaving the temp site up so you can still have the sucky experience if you wish, lol)

 

Please my friends, as you are perusing, open up this window and list any weirdnesses that you find so we can fix them.

 

THANK YOU! And have fun perusing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I can't connect to the new website. It has told me that I can't get a secure connection on two different browsers.  I am confirming that the website is https://lpmp.store  Please let me know if it is located at a different address. 

Edited by Kayla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kayla said:

I can't connect to the new website. It has told me that I can't get a secure connection on two different browsers.  I am confirming that the website is https://lpmp.store  Please let me know if it is located at a different address. 

I got on lovepotionperfume.com

 

@Potion Master Private Editions are turned on. Are they supposed to be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oceanjewel said:

I got on lovepotionperfume.com

 

@Potion Master Private Editions are turned on. Are they supposed to be?

Thank you, @oceanjewel! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, we are turning them off for now!

 

The permanent home of the site is LovePotionPerfume.com.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the new website!  I was just on the temp one, popped over to the forum, and was greeted with this thread.  Yippee!  My favorites things are the wishlist and how you can click on the pheromone list and get not only the unscented version, but the current available scents with that pheromone in it!!  Thank you so much!!!  I just like how everything is categorized.  Scents for everyone! 

 

Will this website do PayPal?  I hope....

Question -- will everything be on the main website or will some things just be for sale on the Etsy site?  Example - I was perusing the Fairy Cakes which I do not see on the new main site. 

 

Also, under the Sexology description, it lists Wild Cherry w/Sexology.  However, when you click into Sexology, that scent is not listed (because I think it's sold out, but for a minute there, I got excited).  😐

 

You're probably not done yet, so I'll be patient. 

 

I love how the new release scroll.  My husband said that it is a good-looking site, so complements to the designers!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It looks awesome and I can't wait to explore!

 

When I was looking at the pheromone list main page (https://lovepotionperfume.com/pheromone-list/), after the description and ingredient list of each phero, it starts to list the different scents available for that phero.  But I don't think I'm supposed to be able to see the "Select Options [ Edit ]"  part. For example under Blatant Invitation, I see this.

Ingredients: Alpha-Androstenol, Alpha-Androstenone, Estratetraenol and Copulins. Blatant Invitation – UNscented Pheromone Blend $44.95 – $49.95 Select options [Edit] Divine Magick w/ Blatant Invitation $6.50 – $47.95 Select options [Edit] 

 

ETA: I'm on a PC, if that makes a difference. Also, I tried it in two different browsers just to make sure.

 

ETA2: I love the alphabetical order.

Edited by greenappletart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we make a new account, or does it link with our user ID here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks great! I love how easy it is to navigate. And I love that the phero'd scents are listed under the unscented version. That's a nice feature. I've only searched around using my phone, but the mobile version seems to be working well. Great job! 😊

 

Are you planning to put up there,  the phero wiki that used to be on this site? (Or is it still here and I just don't surf around enough to know where?). Just curious. It was a handy little wiki.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, greenappletart said:

 [Edit] 

Yeah, they are everywhere, thanks for calling that to my attention! We keep switching back and forth from editing to viewing and definitely missed that this is showing in the final version.

 

10 hours ago, Bella15 said:

Do we make a new account, or does it link with our user ID here?

The site is completely independent of the message boards so you have to join each on their own. Good question, thanks, Bella!

 

39 minutes ago, Eggers said:

Are you planning to put up there,  the phero wiki that used to be on this site? (Or is it still here and I just don't surf around enough to know where?). Just curious. It was a handy little wiki.

The new Pheromone page kind of acts like that page, and I may put up a new Wiki in the Reading Room. The old one needed to be updated and I haven't had the chance to do that yet. What part of it specifically do you miss? I could use the guidance in writing a new one. Thanks, Eggers!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will this website do PayPal? 

 

Will everything be on the main website or will some things just be for sale on the Etsy site?  Example - the Fairy Cakes I do not see on the new main site.  And all the sale items will be on the Etsy site now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried to sign up and make an account... I don't think it went through though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2019 at 7:14 PM, Potion Master said:

Thank you, we are turning them off for now!

 

The permanent home of the site is LovePotionPerfume.com.

Sweet I got in....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2019 at 10:54 AM, SirenSong said:

Will this website do PayPal? 

 

Will everything be on the main website or will some things just be for sale on the Etsy site?  Example - the Fairy Cakes I do not see on the new main site.  And all the sale items will be on the Etsy site now?

 

The site is all PayPal. However, we have Square in the physical shop, so if anyone doesn't want to use PayPal we can do a CC payment over the phone via Square.

 

We are attempting to keep the site lighter and less cumbersome than the old one, so we will be continuing to use Etsy for the Going, Going, Gone section and other extremely limited items like PEs.

 

15 hours ago, Vicki Lee said:

Tried to sign up and make an account... I don't think it went through though. 

 

Has anyone else tried to make an account?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Potion Master said:

 

The site is all PayPal. However, we have Square in the physical shop, so if anyone doesn't want to use PayPal we can do a CC payment over the phone via Square.

 

We are attempting to keep the site lighter and less cumbersome than the old one, so we will be continuing to use Etsy for the Going, Going, Gone section and other extremely limited items like PEs.

 

 

Has anyone else tried to make an account?

I did. Just logged in, so it seems to have worked for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Account made!  No issues whatsoever. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome, thanks guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Potion Master said:

 

Has anyone else tried to make an account?

Ok I tried to sign up again and it logged me in... Apparently the first time I tried it when I entered the credentials the page refreshed, and didn't save when I entered them... I tried again and it went to the customer portal page. We're good. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Vicki Lee said:

Ok I tried to sign up again and it logged me in... Apparently the first time I tried it when I entered the credentials the page refreshed, and didn't save when I entered them... I tried again and it went to the customer portal page. We're good. 👍

Oh yay, thank you for letting me know! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to make an account - once I scrolled down and figured out where to do it lol.

My screen name is Big Daddy B. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, QG.

 

 

Has anyone here tried to put an order through via the site yet?

We got 2 orders right after we put up the site, but NONE since then, and that's really weird. We got dozens through Etsy and Amazon the last few days. So I am wondering if something is askew.

 

Please let me know if you run into any probs, k? Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Mara!  I was building my wishlist and Oleander the Great w/SWS has the incorrect description.  The description is actually Rosalynd w/OW.  Rosalynd does have its correct description.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SirenSong said:

Hi, Mara!  I was building my wishlist and Oleander the Great w/SWS has the incorrect description.  The description is actually Rosalynd w/OW.  Rosalynd does have its correct description.

 

Thanks, Honey!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Oops!  I found Papal Purple w/Heart & Soul listed under Open Windows in the pheromone section.

 

Also, Potion Bastet under Open Windows but it's in the Aja section.  Does it have Open Windows in it, too?

Edited by SirenSong
Additional comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Try this out when you place an order.....

 

10% off orders over $100!

 

code:

ILUVLPMP10

1 minute ago, SirenSong said:

Oops!  I found Papal Purple w/Heart & Soul listed under Open Windows in the pheromone section. 

 

Thank you!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2019 at 2:47 PM, Potion Master said:

(I'm leaving the temp site up so you can still have the sucky experience if you wish, lol)

 

Please my friends, as you are perusing, open up this window and list any weirdnesses that you find so we can fix them.

I fought for years to keep my sucky ass ex-husband, and he can't spell, do math, or stay awake once he takes off his shoes. At least the temp site has shown me beautiful things!

 

Perusing the new site, I loooove the little carts that go flying when I put something in my cart, and how it's easy to navigate via pheros, and all the pricing options regarding add-ins, and of course the wishlist option (and the hearts!) When I go back to the other site, it does seem much more clumsy regarding navigation and the inability to find things via targeted search.

 

Only "problem" I've noted is that there aren't (yet) drop-down menu's for the Sugared Layerables. And obviously I haven't looked at everything, but I do like how notes are spelled out for dummies in all capital letters for a quick memory jog. Like Toujours Belle- I can look at this and be like "Right, fig. I remember ."

FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.
CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

 

The Sonic guy is here so I'll finish checkout later....

 

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...