Stalk Talk!

luna65

Help! I need some cultural translation. I am acquaintances with my husband;s friend's wife. The husband is 1/2 Bulgarian & Mexican, his wife is Mexicana. Anyway the guy stopped in to say hi to to my husband during dinner, so I told him to tell his wife that I miss her face. He was like, "uhh, no". Did I make a cultural faux pas? Or is he just weird because he is half Southwestern European/Mexican?

No the guys is a tard.

You are perfect.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know nothing, pretty much, lol. Well at this point, anyway. :P

LIAR

I second this aspersion.

I third this aspersion...but I must admit that I do greatly enjoy the Monthly Tortures of Mistress Luna. :666:

Hurt me.

Heh.

:)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Helplessly stalking

Her harlequin hovers nearby

Stalking a word

Gasping at glimpses

Of gentle true stalking

He runs, wishing he could fly

Only to stalk at the sound of good-bye...

:666:

*rustle rustle*

:ph34r:

yellow moon on the rise,big birds stalking across the sky

...lady who [/s]lingers [/s] stalks 001_302:

Help! I need some cultural translation. I am acquaintances with my husband;s friend's wife. The husband is 1/2 Bulgarian & Mexican, his wife is Mexicana. Anyway the guy stopped in to say hi to to my husband during dinner, so I told him to tell his wife that I miss her face. He was like, "uhh, no". Did I make a cultural faux pas? Or is he just weird because he is half Southwestern European/Mexican?

Hey Beccah! I agree with Lady V...this guy is kind of slow, I mean he did know exactly what you meant when you said that, it is not a common expression in Spanish, but I think it was rude of him to say ''uhh no''. ''Dile que extraño su cara'' is not common in colloquial Spanish, but the meaning of this expression is perfectly understandable even to Spanish speakers who understand English basics. It's just that English is more technical and Spanish is more dramatic and poetic, and ''extraño su cara'' sounds very poetic. Really Beccah, don't mind this guy.... :D no faux pas here, you were just being nice and this guy didn't appreciate it...

Y sigo stalkeando, stalkeando, stalkeando...

Any hints??

Hey Beccah! I agree with Lady V...this guy is kind of slow, I mean he did know exactly what you meant when you said that, it is not a common expression in Spanish, but I think it was rude of him to say ''uhh no''. ''Dile que extraño su cara'' is not common in colloquial Spanish, but the meaning of this expression is perfectly understandable even to Spanish speakers who understand English basics. It's just that English is more technical and Spanish is more dramatic and poetic, and ''extraño su cara'' sounds very poetic. Really Beccah, don't mind this guy.... :D no faux pas here, you were just being nice and this guy didn't appreciate it...

Y sigo stalkeando, stalkeando, stalkeando...

Any hints??

No the guys is a tard.

You are perfect.

Oh good! Idk, he was just being weird. He & my SO are like Bromantic partners, seriously they totally have straight guy crushes on each other.

In keeping with our thread: Let's give them something to stalk about :)

Are we there yet?

It's Wednesday now so technically we are halfway through the week (I only count the normal working week lol)...and that means we are closer to Friday (i.e END of the week) than we are to the beginning of the week. You could even apply the same principle as when you round off decimals, you'd round it off to the higher value if it's more than half, so really it we're halfway through the week we can round that off to the end of the week....So it should be time for new new releases! YAY!

....Leaves us

Stalking, stalking, staaaa--aaaaaalking...

:ph34r:

hee...quantum cryptography :P

chasing the moonlight...you see your baby loves to stalk

*good one Syn :D ...sweet stalks are made of this

Well you know what they say... some of them want to stalk you...

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Some of them want to get stalked by you...

We're on fire with the 80s references this week!!! :lol: I'm going to go further back in time now:

I see an update on the rising

I see some new crack on the way

I see some really hardcore stalking

Phero'd up and huffing every day

So don't stalk round tonight

Stalking's bound to be your life

There's a stalker on the rise

We're on fire with the 80s references this week!!! :lol: I'm going to go further back in time now:

I see an update on the rising

I see some new crack on the way

I see some really hardcore stalking

Phero'd up and huffing every day

So don't stalk round tonight

Stalking's bound to be your life

There's a stalker on the rise

ahha love that song! I used to listen to them years ago, back in my party days.

I bet there's something else delicious involving coconut. Just watch. :666:

That's what Coconut Breeze is!

(and then...the spankings)

:666:

Hmmmmm.....am I hallucinating here or have we not yet had an LP with the word "spank" in the name? Spanked is already taken by BPAL, but I'm sure if you put all our wild imaginations together....:666:

Hmmmmm.....am I hallucinating here or have we not yet had an LP with the word "spank" in the name? Spanked is already taken by BPAL, but I'm sure if you put all our wild imaginations together.... :666:

I stand by my first statement...unless it's too close a quote. B) Hmmmm...

Spank Me

Spank It

Spanky (!)

Spankings All 'Round

Spankable Me (sorry)

Spankable!

heh...

Ooh! Spank #9

Spanking by Myself

Oh Gods this is going downhill...

Edited by ElizabethOSP