Moon of the Falling Leaves

katz

AD-MoonFallingLeaves_sm-LovePotion.jpg

Moon of the Falling Leaves

Created as an Autumnal evocation of the famed forests of Washington State, our very own Le Wizard has blended the perfect scent of a rainy day in the woods: watery accords with a wide range of woods – from cedar to a canopy of evergreens – over fallen leaves and acorns. This is a unisex scent but on the more masculine side: woodsy and fresh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
WATER ACCORD ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Renewal.
ALDER ~ Powerful, symbolizes control over the elements - earth, air, fire, water.
CEDAR ~ Purification, removing hexes, healing.
WHITE PINE ~ Life and immortality, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, both female and male in energy.
SPRUCE ~ Protection against enemies.
ACORNS, OAK ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
OLIVEWOOD ~ Potency, fertility, healing, peace, protection, lust, communication.
BLACK WALNUT ~ Wishes granted, strengthens the heart, enhancement of mental powers. Dark earthly powers.
GRASSES ~ Wishes granted, enhances psychic powers, protection.
AVOCADO ~ Love, lust, beauty, fertility.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did go back and read the ingredients on this one.. I'm afraid my skin is not bringing out the most of this, but when placed on neutral paper, I get the notes more clearly. I'm getting much more water accord than woods on skin. On paper the cedar and pine notes are a lovely fresh breath of air and the acorn an earthy base. I think the LP men will love this one.

Would this fit into the water category rather than green? Any similar LP scents??? :abfx:

It's hard to say, 'cause my skin chemistry is bringing out the aquatic/water notes. If that was more in balance with the woodsy notes, I'd not call it strictly aquatic...no. I'll see if I can dab it on the s.o. and get another read.

TIMELESS?? This scent sounds like a KILLER! IT's rare to have a scent describe as timeless!!! :666::):D I'm really tempted now.... :)

This surprised me,as even though it is completely not what I normally like,I do :) I get woods and well,fresh air <?>

This would smell very good on a man,an intriquing kind of scent,with a haunting, want to smell it again, vibe :P

I got leaves and breeze, it's a very very cool hot guy scent. Cool in the way that I can picture a hot looking lumberjack wearing this after chopping my wood and then taking a steamy shower and using his man products to smell nice for me, then when he picks me up in his tractor I can smell how clean and fresh he is but I can also smell the leaves and wood on his skin from working those triceps in the autumn sun.

I got leaves and breeze, it's a very very cool hot guy scent. Cool in the way that I can picture a hot looking lumberjack wearing this after chopping my wood and then taking a steamy shower and using his man products to smell nice for me, then when he picks me up in his tractor I can smell how clean and fresh he is but I can also smell the leaves and wood on his skin from working those triceps in the autumn sun.

Hey LadyV...you just described Autumn on my part of the mountain (minus the tractor). We heat our house with a woodstove. Heh. I need this one.

To me, this is pure autumn in a bottle. I close my eyes and breath it in, and stirs evocations of autumn walks through the woods. The turned leaves falling to the gound, the lush long grass damp from fresh rains... it is very classy.

I have no idea why... but your description somehow reminds me of a walk in the woods when i was back in UK!!!!! Especially going for a walk after the rain while everything is damp and grass smelling fresh!!!! >.< I MISS UK!!!!

I created this one to remind me of my home in Washington State. I am from the west side of the state that is full of beautiful forests. I wanted to capture the feeling of walking through the Olympic National rain forest in the NW part of the state. Early morning walk in the woods after a fresh rainfall in the upper elevations near hurricane ridge. If you get a chance you owe it to yourself to go there and see the majestic beauty for yourself. But if not...at least there's 'Moon of the Falling Leaves'... Indian for Autumn.

I created this one to remind me of my home in Washington State. I am from the west side of the state that is full of beautiful forests. I wanted to capture the feeling of walking through the Olympic National rain forest in the NW part of the state. Early morning walk in the woods after a fresh rainfall in the upper elevations near hurricane ridge. If you get a chance you owe it to yourself to go there and see the majestic beauty for yourself. But if not...at least there's 'Moon of the Falling Leaves'... Indian for Autumn.

That's TRULY AWESOME. This is on my TOP list to experience!!! :(:D:D

Edited by bumbob

John, have I ever told you that Mr. Matt is a ranger's kid...from Olympic National Park? My father-in-law was the last of the GS5/GS6 Ranger Naturalists in the park. He was seasonal, so the whole family would move up there in the summer, and spend the rest of the year in Southern CA. Matt grew up part-time living at Lake Crescent, Mora, and Port Angeles.

The summers of his 18th - 21st years, Matt was a cook at Lake Crescent Lodge and lived at Rosemary Inn. Matt hiked all over the park. Seven Lakes Basin/Bailey Range from Soleduc was one of his favorite hikes. Beach hikes from La Push down to the Hoh...and going out to the digs day tripping from Lake Ozette out to the coast. 4th of July at Forks. Salmon straight off the boats at La Push. Logger Burgers at the Family Kitchen in Joyce...

Matt is asking: Do you like clam chowder? If so, did you ever eat it at Butt's Cafe in La Push? Matt always thought it was better than Ivor's. His Mom got the recipe from Butt's, and that's the recipe that Matt would cook over at Lake Crescent Lodge. There's a lot more, but I'll stop now!

P.S. Now I KNOW we need a bottle of Moon of the Falling Leaves. :(

John, have I ever told you that Mr. Matt is a ranger's kid...from Olympic National Park? My father-in-law was the last of the GS5/GS6 Ranger Naturalists in the park. He was seasonal, so the whole family would move up there in the summer, and spend the rest of the year in Southern CA. Matt grew up part-time living at Lake Crescent, Mora, and Port Angeles.

The summers of his 18th - 21st years, Matt was a cook at Lake Crescent Lodge and lived at Rosemary Inn. Matt hiked all over the park. Seven Lakes Basin/Bailey Range from Soleduc was one of his favorite hikes. Beach hikes from La Push down to the Hoh...and going out to the digs day tripping from Lake Ozette out to the coast. 4th of July at Forks. Salmon straight off the boats at La Push. Logger Burgers at the Family Kitchen in Joyce...

Matt is asking: Do you like clam chowder? If so, did you ever eat it at Butt's Cafe in La Push? Matt always thought it was better than Ivor's. His Mom got the recipe from Butt's, and that's the recipe that Matt would cook over at Lake Crescent Lodge. There's a lot more, but I'll stop now!

P.S. Now I KNOW we need a bottle of Moon of the Falling Leaves. :Hug_emoticon:

I don't remember eating there but I do love Ivor's. I ate there alot when I was going to UW. So if Butt's Cafe could be Ivor's... it must have been sensational. Glad to hear someone shares my same fondness of an incredible place. My brother Matt was always hiking up in the Park and other great places in WA like Mt Ranier and Mt St Helens. I'm sure your Matt has lots of great stories from his time up there. Can't wait to go back, it's been too long. My best friend from high school is the principal at Sequim HS. He's been trying to get me to come up and ride Harleys with him for awhile. I hope I'll get to do it by next summer.

I have no idea why... but your description somehow reminds me of a walk in the woods when i was back in UK!!!!! Especially going for a walk after the rain while everything is damp and grass smelling fresh!!!! >.< I MISS UK!!!!

To be properly English we'd have to add in the smell of green welly boots, and while we are at it wet shaggy dog fur, musty mushrooms and probably a hint of bonfire in the distance.

@ Le Wiz - wow the national park sounds amazing. I'd love to travel more and see the natural wonders of the world. Great job on this fragrance too, I think you hit the nail on the head with the scent of walking in the woods after the rains.

Smooth, refined, classic, timeless, super grown up, custom tailored clothes for dinner at a place with an all off-white color scheme and walls upholstered in silk.

I feel this way about it too. Very sophisticated

Hey LadyV...you just described Autumn on my part of the mountain (minus the tractor). We heat our house with a woodstove. Heh. I need this one.

Elizabeth OSP: We heat w/ woodstove too. I thought of it when I wore this.

So far this is my favorite of the new releases. I can see where others categorize it as a good masculine scent, but IMO, it is more for women. At least on me. I do get the notes of the woods. I think it was captured perfectly. I live in Western WA too and I think Le Wiz nailed it.

I think you are dead on! Most people think Seattle is filled with a bunch of Vegans and Birkenstocks. You have crafted a more sophistcated scent than those images would evoke.

I totally get the "walk in the woods after rainfall" vibe, though it's not damp and mossy or anything like that. This is my Fave so far of the new releases. There are many sweet, foody type scents this month and Moon is a wonderful addition of something totally unexpected and unique.

Oh and I'll forgive the fact that a Husky brewed this.....

(go Cougs) :wub:

...........Oh and I'll forgive the fact that a Husky brewed this.....

(go Cougs) :smiley-sex009:

Oh, you're naughty!!! Hey, I wore my purple Huskies Rose Bowl shirt a few days ago! Weeeeelllll, it's actually a friend's old tshirt. I am a Trojan from all sides of my family and Mr. Matt's family. *ducks and runs* :oops::Emoticons04263:

P.S. Multiple generations of Trojans! *ack! Runs faster!*

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 2 weeks later...

With this particular scent, I think the reviews reflect the scent from sniffing the bottle for me,not so much on the skin.

This was awesome for me, and it wasnt too masculine.

I definately got the woods and leaves,with a hint of (havent read the ingredients list yet) smoke? Not like a full blown bonfire, but just a hint of woody smoke.

The rain part was short-lived on me... the rain came in and then dwindled while the wind blew in some earthy leaves and bark (?) just enough rain left over to soften any man-smell for me.

I can definately see this unisexy.

Stayed foreverrrrrr on me,too.

Winner.

I was worried this would be really cologney from the aquatics, but it's not! It's woody, leafy and smoky and I'd definitely say unisex. I can tell there is a certain aquatic element to it but it's more like that in Autumn Mist, like the scent of rain hanging in the air rather than an onslaught of water. I'm also really glad I don't end up amping the cedar or evergreens to manly proportions either, and I'm loving the woody and subtley nutty acorn in there. I think this one's going to end up turning into a bottle soon. :D

• 4 weeks later...

A nice autumnly scent with the sharp of fallen leaves and the warmth of woods. Sophisticated. Clean like a high end soap (in the good way) so I can see it being unisex, but I prefer this on a man rather than myself. Someone in tweed rather than plaid, if you don't mind. Taking me for a drive in the roadster. ;)

I wore this today for a good test run, and loved it...and then forgot I had it on! It smells like living on my mountain. It truly does!!! I blended olfactorily (is that a word???) with my surroundings. And I swear it made me feel...gooder! Heeee! I can't describe this other than "living on my mountain," maybe with an added "outside." And, as Mr. Matt will verify, this particular part of the mountain is as close as we can get to living up in the parts of Wshington that he used to be in (see my post up-thread) and still be in southern California. So John? This scent is bang-on. Lovely!!!

:wizard:Le Wizard's Makin' Magick!

Edited by ElizabethOSP

@ Elizabeth OSP:

You too eh? I do live in WA and Moon of the FL smells like here. I don't know how they do that at LP!!

I've got to dig it out and wer today on this crisp, Fall Day!

:20628860864593fef0b8f29:

Edited by Raq On

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 7 years later...