Mara's Warm & Toasty

Finally have my hands on Warm & Toasty and it does not disappoint! Omg I LOVE it! I notice that there's no review thread for this one yet, and I didn't want to start one because I'm not sure if there's a review thread "etiquette" for these kind of things, especially for PEs.

Copied from the PE release thread, as requested!

AD-PE-MaraWT.jpg

My Warm & Toasty features my cat Luna on the label. that's all one really needs to know. :lol:

Ok, ok.

I actually wanted to do this as a monthly but I did not have enough of the ingredients to do a wide release so I just made enough for me...and a few other people. ;%29.gif

It's literally a warm and toasty smell....like hot buttered toast. I mixed the scents of warm bread with butter, some warm cream, buttered brown sugar and a tiny touch of bready banana. It's not overly sweet though, it's more toasty and buttery and smells delicious and comforting and warm.

Warm and Toasty evokes exactly what it's named. I feel warm and toasty when I wear it! When first applied, it's a delicious banana bread scent. It smells like how the house smells after baking. It's buttery and slightly brown sugary- the banana is just a hint of something in the background. Dry down is yummy, buttered toast with brown sugar sprinkled on top. This is a go to for bed time or times when I just want to snuggle up and get cozy. I'm so happy I was able to get a bottle!

My eyes rolled back in my head when I smelled this one. It's absolutely heavenly. First on, it's buttery, sweet banana bread. I only detected banan for the first few minutes before it settled into warm toast. The brown sugar is just a hint. It's such a rich scent, but at the same time, it's light, very creamy and skinlike. It wears very close and is actually very sexy. I found out that the boy doesn't like foody scents, but to my nose, it really isn't that foody, just cozy. I'm hoping he'll like this one. If not, screw it, I'm slathering anyway!!! ;)

Sounds yummy, I'm always afraid of wearing banana scents outside though as I've read the bee danger pheromone isoamyl acetate smells like bananas! I wonder if it could make bees wanna sting you... That would give new meaning to "going bananas".

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

Oh man sounds good, you're bringing me back to the days when I was little and would make cinnamon toast and slather with butter cinnamon and sugar, I know that's not exactly what ya'll are describing but these reviews make me feel like a kid again.

Oh man sounds good, you're bringing me back to the days when I was little and would make cinnamon toast and slather with butter cinnamon and sugar, I know that's not exactly what ya'll are describing but these reviews make me feel like a kid again.

Actually Cherise that's not too far off! At least for me, for now, and I am still sick and stuffy, so I might get a little something different when my nose is working properly again. But I'm really not getting any banana, just a cozy, comforting, toasty scent:)

It's only got the tiniest touch of banana. I was really after the bready/starchy quality that particular banana oil had to offer.

So glad that those who got them are enjoying them. I have been wearing this one a lot!

This is such an amazing scent. Firstly, Banana? wow I didn't know it was there, it works I don't smell any banana scent but the bread note is rich but soft. It doesn't get pointy at all, which is what's happened to me before with similar notes.

This smells like my favorite Bread I get from a German bakery here. I love it toasted with butter.

This is all rich warm bread and creamed butter on me. Delish :)

I don't really get a bread or toast note from this yet, and I am a fan of that kind of scent as one of my favorites is Arcana's Madame Lapin (toast with honey). Right now I get the sweet butter and just a hint of banana and warmth, it makes me think of Blue Corn Girl. Total love, it is so yummy, this will be a bedtime scent for me.

This is such an amazing scent. Firstly, Banana? wow I didn't know it was there, it works I don't smell any banana scent but the bread note is rich but soft. It doesn't get pointy at all, which is what's happened to me before with similar notes.

This smells like my favorite Bread I get from a German bakery here. I love it toasted with butter.

This is all rich warm bread and creamed butter on me. Delish :)

StacyK, I've been noticing that I think we have very similar tastes in scents:)

And thank you Mara for this one, I think I'm going to wear it today, even though I'm still stuffy and gross-feeling (WHEN will it end?). I think it's soft enough to slather:)

WHOA. This baby smells like a fresh, warm, homemade lightly-caramelized popcorn ball. Except as a perfume. And it smells perfectly natural to *wear* it! This is delicious!!! :hearts0425: I have to admit: I licked the back of my hand, but couldn't taste a thing past the black tea I'm drinking. I smell edible. :666:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

WHOA. This baby smells like a fresh, warm, homemade lightly-caramelized popcorn ball.

Yep, that's how it is for me too right now.

I kid you not, this smells exactly, and I mean exactly, like--caramel popcorn jelly beans. I swear Jelly Belly makes these things. It has those same caramelly notes with that lovely buttery undertone wrapped up in something really warm and toasty and irresistible that's like just-popped popcorn or fresh-baked bread. I feel like I'm ingesting sugary carbs every time I smell this; it's that good. Excuse me while I go huff myself.

• 5 months later...

Really? I stumble upon this at 2am (CST) by accident? So THIS is undoubtedly one of those legendary Black Market LP scents that only serves to leave most of us drooling and dreaming of finding one in a trade thread (I.e. Snowball in Hell, Needle in Haystack). With winter around the corner how perfect would something like Warm & Toasty be...

Ohhhh, thanks for bring this to my attention, Lovestruck! :-( Now, I'm sitting here just pining away, imagining how good Warm & Toasty must smell. Yes, I'm sure we'll definitely need one like this because we're supposed to have a verrrry cold winter this year!

• 3 weeks later...

Really? I stumble upon this at 2am (CST) by accident? So THIS is undoubtedly one of those legendary Black Market LP scents that only serves to leave most of us drooling and dreaming of finding one in a trade thread (I.e. Snowball in Hell, Needle in Haystack). With winter around the corner how perfect would something like Warm & Toasty be...

Ask and ye shall receive, LoveStruck! Now I'm just impatiently waiting for my sampler to arrive in the mail!

Oh, more banana sounds great! Can't wait for my sampler pack to arrive! Original Warm&Toasty smells absolutely mouthwateringly delicious. I always have to remind myself that I'm not supposed to eat that buttery goodness I'm smelling. Not getting much of the banana from it though...

Edited by Fleur

• 2 months later...

This has become my go to scent lately. I slather myself in this almost daily. I had to hide the bottle from myself so I wouldn't use it all, then I panicked because I couldn't find it. This really does make you feel warm and toasty. It smells exactly like warm buttered toasty kitty right out of the oven!

I PURRRRR when I wear this. Okay maybe I snort because it relaxes me so much I have actually fallen asleep on the couch and strewn across my the bed. I wanted to see how this one varied from the Halloween release, but since the Halloweenies are playing tricks on me right now I can't compare.