Love Potion: Gold 2013

Beccah

AD-LPGold-LovePotion_1.jpg

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

COCOA BUTTER ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.

AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover.

PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts, sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.

PINK GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion, beauty and youth glamour.

ORANGE ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.

LEMON GRASS ~ Lust, increases psychic powers.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proof positive that there IS a God -- LP Gold has returned!!

I can't find the review for the original! Anyone track it down?

Sounds good except cocoa butter can go either way on me...doesn't that one go chocolatey sometimes?!

Yes...it can go either way on me, especially in the presence of honey, a la Odalisque.

Sounds good except cocoa butter can go either way on me...doesn't that one go chocolatey sometimes?!

cocoa butter IS white chocolate, it's not chocolatey exactly to me but it has the same weight and richness.

I guess there isn't one; the original was sold so long ago we forgot to make a thread for it. But those who have some can post about it, I will tonight when I can get out my sample from The Vault.

Now does this have the original LP base? I thought I read that whenever a "love potion" is released it contains the basic LP base and then different notes are layered. Or is it just what the description says?

Now does this have the original LP base? I thought I read that whenever a "love potion" is released it contains the basic LP base and then different notes are layered. Or is it just what the description says?

Sometimes I use different versions of the same ingredients - like using a non-foody vanilla if I am going for a more elegant style, like in LP White. But in this case, I am using the same rich delicious vanilla, patch and amber and layering with additional ingredients.

Yeah I think most of the time I don't like it...but what about Coconut Breeze? Love that!!

Coconut Breeze hates me too! I know, it's awful, but most chocolates don't work for me unless it's only a very tiny amount ...coconut normally works for me though! I'm a chocoholic too.

Coconut Breeze hates me too! I know, it's awful, but most chocolates don't work for me unless it's only a very tiny amount ...coconut normally works for me though! I'm a chocoholic too.

omg! I smell no chocolate in Coconut Breeze! Oh well, I am glad you got a sample...I look forward to your review!

Or is it just what the description says?

I wrote it that way because it contains a version of the LP base, every description I write for an LP variant makes note of that, to create a continuity for the line.

For me, there is still a citrus element in the original version because the tea and the lemongrass are still in the center, notewise. I get more overall citrus in the vial. There isn't as much of a sweetness in the original to me, but I liked that it had a lighter aura and regretted that I never bought a bottle when I could have. This one will be different because there's no tea or sandalwood.

I'm the same!! I just can't wear anything chocolate, even cocoa butter. So strange... given I love eating it!!

Oh Wow Mara!!! This is AMAZING! This is very very different from the other LP Variants but it still manages to smell similar. This to me is like a sex orgy of Honeyed LP, Odalisque or Halo's A with LP O. I say Odalisque because of the white chocolate cocoa butter note. I get that first and a little bit of something bright ; the pink grapefruit, it doesn't smell weird at all it smells like it belongs there, almost like this is a white chocolate cocoa butter parfait and the pink grapefruit is a sprinkle. After that settles down I get apricot? Is there apricot in this? The honey is very light. Overall WOW this is gorgeous! I can't detect any lemongrass at all, just cocoa butter musky goodness with teensy pink grapefruit and then it smells like LP O but a bit creamier and heavier! Delicious!!! I love the cocoa butter note. This is almost like a LP Special Edition Heavy Whipping Cream Parfait or :lolipop: milkshake!

Oh Wow Mara!!! This is AMAZING! This is very very different from the other LP Variants but it still manages to smell similar. This to me is like a sex orgy of Honeyed LP, Odalisque or Halo's A with LP O. I say Odalisque because of the white chocolate cocoa butter note. I get that first and a little bit of something bright ; the pink grapefruit, it doesn't smell weird at all it smells like it belongs there, almost like this is a white chocolate cocoa butter parfait and the pink grapefruit is a sprinkle. After that settles down I get apricot? Is there apricot in this? The honey is very light. Overall WOW this is gorgeous! I can't detect any lemongrass at all, just cocoa butter musky goodness with teensy pink grapefruit and then it smells like LP O but a bit creamier and heavier! Delicious!!! I love the cocoa butter note. This is almost like a LP Special Edition Heavy Whipping Cream Parfait or :lolipop: milkshake!

** This makes me feel very sexy and womanly ~ despite still having a cold and no wearing a bra so my tatas are sweeping the nation ~ I feel so sexy and not bubbly like Mae West, I would say more taller like Rita Hayworth.

This is a FB fo sho! Very very sexy !I think the grapefruit really helped in this because it perked me up and made me pout my lips and sashay all over my house.

Do tell!!!!! I want this so bad, but the fates are conspiring against my bank account, lol.

Ooh Mama V! You got your sampler already? Imma be following you all over the forum to read your reviews! :lol:

I did!! I really like this one!!

Yeah LV, wow that was quick! I went ahead and ordered a bottle of this one to make sure I wouldn't miss out again.

I willed it to come fast!

The grapefruit amps on me,and then the whole thing disappears pretty quickly, like 30 minutes! I'm left with a very very sheer veil of pale honeyed amber. Very surprised given the ingredients. I bet as it ages it mellows and merges a lot.

The vibe reminded me most not of LP Original (or any other LP) but of Gilded Season with which it shares NO ingredients, lol. The same glowing translucent gold quality.

I'm going to have to sit on this. The cocoa butter is running amok on me, as i suspected it would. But then the other notes keeping peeping out from time to time in flashes. A flash of patchouli. A flash of lemongrass. I may not have shaken this up as well as I could have, so I will try again later.