Hummingbird Nectar

therapygirl

This is absolutely DELIGHTFUL! It makes me smile to smell it! When it first goes on it reminds me of my favorite Angel of Spring. As it dries down it loses it's similarities though. The Peach Nectar is bright and round and the honeysuckle is subtly sweet. The nectarine gives it just enough bite to keep it from being too cloying. Gosh this is fun!!

Syrupy happiness, I kid you not. Though maybe a little too sweet for some, but give it a chance. I actually see this one becoming popular with little girls.

Nectar sipped by wee little hummingbirds, sweetly kissed with their favorite florals. Peach nectar, honeysuckle, ivory lilac, a touch of nectarine and morning glory, and that all-important dyed red sugar syrup!

This is sweet and fruity. The florals add just enough to keep this from being foody. I love the honeysuckle, which helps to balance the peach nectar during the really syrupy wet stage. As it dries, the other florals and nectarine start to peek out. This is definately a great scent for the tweens and teens. This is almost grown-up, but still syrupy enough to be young.

Edited by sultry brunette

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really remember the last time I actually smelled hummingbird food/nectar, but I keep thinking this should look like that ruby-red syrup, heh, because it is the thing itself from my nose to my brain. There is a certain fruity/flowery aura to it, but primarily syrupy sweetness. Very bright and happy, this is the type of floral I can wear without freaking out...although it doesn't last too long on me, even as it is very potent upon first application.

I cant wait to receive my order to that I can try this one out. I love anything sweet and this sounds right up my alley.

Me too, I love sugared honeysuckle and if it is anything near that i will buy bottles of this stuff

I finally got my sample and i am not disappointed, this is sweet, fruity juicy with a slight tang - it has an amazing throw and a zippyness - like the hummingbirds fast flight all over the place i love this and will be getting a bottle

Edited by knjsavy

I really love this one. It's sweet and intoxicating. I will for sure purchase a full sized bottle. I'm thinking about amping this one with some Anol. It's a happy scent and I think anol will make it even happier.

This is my new LP favorite. I was afraid it would be to sweet, but it is wonderful. It reminds me of peaches and honeysuckles mixed together. Peach is the dominant note in this one. The kids in my class really love it. I am not good with all the words to describe scents, (it is a talent) but this is a warm spring day in a garden. It isn't foody on me at all. I LOVE IT! It lasts a long time too! This is a full bottle for sure!

Edited by kbudish

• 4 weeks later...

there is something about hummingbird nectar that reminds me of that old 90's cult classic, dewberry, from the body shop. it's been at least 18 years, (whoa, time flies when you're gettin' old!) since i've sniffed dewberry, so i could be wrong in making this similarity. nonetheless, my brain said, 'hey! dewberry'! when i smelled this cute fragrance.

it's syrupy-sweet with a touch of something that gives it a tangeyness. cute, cute, cute! i think i'd be nice for summer.

it's quite light on me, but gives lovely wafts of sweetness when i move around. btw, this becomes less syrupy and more fruity on skin.

eta: aaaand the honeysuckle really shines on my skin. not overbearing at all. the scent however, fades quickly on me.

Edited by cyberianhussy

• 2 months later...

I got a sample of this one and it is absolutely wonderful! It smells very sweet and fruity, and there is something very innocent, clean, light about it too. But it is not a light scent though, it has a good throw, so far.

I agree w/ Coffeemama that it feels very springish, but not boring flowery spring, it has something unexpected to it, probably the peach scent. There's something about it that reminds me a bit of Cuddle Bunny, it is in that same family of scent, imo.

Great mix!

I got a tiny sniffie of this with my order this week, and I tried it last night as a sleep scent. It was very nice to relax into. I am going to have to try it again during the daytime so that I can enjoy it even more! And I bet this would be fantastic boosted with A-nol!

I got a tiny sniffie of this with my order this week, and I tried it last night as a sleep scent. It was very nice to relax into. I am going to have to try it again during the daytime so that I can enjoy it even more! And I bet this would be fantastic boosted with A-nol!

Yeah, or cops!... :banana055:

Woohoo, this one is sweet, fruity and flowery! When I first applied, I actually got a hit of baby shampoo, but it very quickly mellowed into a bold, bouncy, fruity scent. Cyberianhussy is right, it is reminiscent of the old Body Shop Dewberry. Unfortunately I think there's something in it that's making me sneeze, so it's not a keeper for me!

• 5 months later...

This is a fresh, fruity and springy fruity-floral. The peach and nectarine are definitely fresh and juicy, and the sugar and berries are a lovely addition because I don't really do fresh peach/nectarine on its own. I definitely smel the honeysuckle too. I'm not sure this is really "me" but it's pleasant and I'll be testing my sample again.

• 2 months later...

I get mostly peach, honeysuckle and lilac, and that combo is a huge winner on me. The peach mellows the florals so they're not "in your face" or fussy, and the florals "complexify" the peach so it's not just "hi I'm candy". It doesn't come out syrupy on me at all, just brightly sweet. Stunning!

• 10 months later...

in the bottle i thought is smelled like Pez candy but once on my skin it just blossomed! Sweet floral. I can pick out lilac and honeysuckle and a hint of peach that gives it a different dimension. wish i could get my hands on more.

• 2 weeks later...

This is such a lovely scent! I have been guarding my sniffee very carefully for the last couple of months, didn't even dare to use it until last night. I dab a little on my daughter's hand to test it as I'm expecting a bottle of this from a trade. Yipee! Both of us love this and will be fighting over it, I'm sure.

• 2 years later...