Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Vicki Lee said:

Can anyone compare Aja to Sugared Honeycomb? ? I know Aja has cops in it, but the Sugared doesn’t, but apparently they both give off a highly sexual scent... 

haven't tried sugared honeycomb

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vicki Lee said:

Can anyone compare Aja to Sugared Honeycomb? ? I know Aja has cops in it, but the Sugared doesn’t, but apparently they both give off a highly sexual scent... 

Aja doesn't have copulins in it. It's a copulin analog derived from a plant. It has the same effect as cops. 

 

As far as the difference between the 2 scents, Aja is far less sweet than Sugared Honeycomb, and the scent (which I find difficult to describe) tends to increase and amplify over time. It generally blooms hours and hours after application, and may well continue to bloom into the following day. Aja tends to wear easily with a wide variety of scents. It was an acquired taste for me though. However, it's really grown on me. I'd suggest getting a sample. 

 

Sugared Honeycomb is very sweet and yummy. It tends to turn powdery on my skin, but not in an unpleasant way. Personally, I love it, and think of it as an LP classic. It has a sexy feel to it. 

 

I'm not sure what exactly it is about honey scents that makes them so sexually evocative. But they definitely are. I think I remember reading that the scent of honey smells a little like female arousal? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would, but I don't have cougar. I don't want to add anything to my commercial perfumes just in case I want a different mood when I wear them (Like being stuck with LFM'd Poison but that night I want it Lace'd, instead or maybe Open Windowsed).

 

Last night, I sprayed Poison on after I thought Aja had dried down enough. I can't detect the Aja under it, anymore. At first, it was dirty honey under the poison, now it's just Poison. So far, I don't think I have any selfies, but that's okay. I'm still trying to get better at noticing them. 

Edited by SugarKitten
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eggers said:

Aja doesn't have copulins in it. It's a copulin analog derived from a plant. It has the same effect as cops. 

 

As far as the difference between the 2 scents, Aja is far less sweet than Sugared Honeycomb, and the scent (which I find difficult to describe) tends to increase and amplify over time. It generally blooms hours and hours after application, and may well continue to bloom into the following day. Aja tends to wear easily with a wide variety of scents. It was an acquired taste for me though. However, it's really grown on me. I'd suggest getting a sample. 

 

Sugared Honeycomb is very sweet and yummy. It tends to turn powdery on my skin, but not in an unpleasant way. Personally, I love it, and think of it as an LP classic. It has a sexy feel to it. 

 

I'm not sure what exactly it is about honey scents that makes them so sexually evocative. But they definitely are. I think I remember reading that the scent of honey smells a little like female arousal? 

 

Thank you for your insight @Eggers! That’s why I was leaning towards the sugared Honeycomb ? because I thought it would amplify on my skin over time. I’ll definitely buy sugared Honeycomb first, and Aja is on my next to buy list, along with Cougar. Majority of the scents I’ve tried haven’t turned wonky on my skin, but tend to fade rather toooooo quickly for my taste ?. But @halo0073 said to wait it out a bit because my scents could be doing that because of the travel shock. But even in the past commercial fragrances have a tendency to do that to me as well ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Vicki Lee said:

Thank you for your insight @Eggers! That’s why I was leaning towards the sugared Honeycomb ? because I thought it would amplify on my skin over time. I’ll definitely buy sugared Honeycomb first, and Aja is on my next to buy list, along with Cougar. Majority of the scents I’ve tried haven’t turned wonky on my skin, but tend to fade rather toooooo quickly for my taste ?. But @halo0073 said to wait it out a bit because my scents could be doing that because of the travel shock. But even in the past commercial fragrances have a tendency to do that to me as well ?

yeah i noticed that, travel shock with mine takes about 2 weeks to settle, but sometimes the urge to try them before hand can be hard to resist!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fang said:

yeah i noticed that, travel shock with mine takes about 2 weeks to settle, but sometimes the urge to try them before hand can be hard to resist!

It’s so fucking hard ???? like I have to start ordering shit like two weeks in advance ?. Lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Vicki Lee said:

It’s so fucking hard ???? like I have to start ordering shit like two weeks in advance ?. Lol 

yeah i know it's wierd isn't it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 5:45 AM, Maya said:

 

 

Did you make it into a spray???? If so did you use perfumer alcohol????
I only see the option for oil on the website. 

 

Hi Maya, sorry for the late response, I did not check my forum alerts. I have the spray (not sure if available anymore) and also the oil. Actually both work for me without a vinegary smell when I use them close to the hair but on skin as mentioned before. Hope this helps.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Most Holy said:

 

Hi Maya, sorry for the late response, I did not check my forum alerts. I have the spray (not sure if available anymore) and also the oil. Actually both work for me without a vinegary smell when I use them close to the hair but on skin as mentioned before. Hope this helps.

 

 

Oh okay.. No the spray is no longer available... Just the sample vial or the full size with the glass dipper. Yeah spraying it would be better.. I wonder if I could ass perfumer's alcohol to this to make it spread more.  I did try close to the hair and still no hits... oh well back to the drawing bored... I've been so discouraged that I haven't tried any of the new ones I brought. I was really hoping I got something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...

I always order Aja in the oil bottle, and make a bit in spray with perfumers alcohol. Aja addict, I like to wear it solo, or combined with almost anything. it always provides a strong case of the " I feel pretties".  I'm hoping it's not one of the things one can build a tolerance to, it's my go to anytime I'm a bit under or just for phero / fragrance free days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

So, I have a FB of this....It didn't seem to smell bad on my skin.....I wore it out to the public once a couple of weeks ago when I went to see a live band....I didn't get any complaints on the smell.....Today, I decided to try 2 sprays of it behind my both of my knees while on my lunch break from work.....I came back in to work, I started hearing people saying how it smells like cat piss or a burnt smell that is awful.....It has to be the AJA....I hope they don't trace it back to me.... I must have shitty sense of smell because I can't smell it..... You think this has to do with the fact that I hadn't let it dry down enough? I left for work after 20 mins of applying it....I don't want to give up on it just yet....I did shake the bottle before application....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone smells pheromones differently, so it could be that, is it all you're wearing? I wear this one alone all the time, slathered, and haven't heard anyone say anything. I also think it smells like honey (albeit a "dirty honey" scent). I almost never let it dry down, but maybe try again and let it dry down, then see what happens? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sugarkitten, I am also wearing 2 different pheromones from another brand that I applied this morning.... Maybe, I should have try covering it with a perfume after applying it....

Edited by intensecity
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, intensecity said:

So, I have a FB of this....It didn't seem to smell bad on my skin.....I wore it out to the public once a couple of weeks ago when I went to see a live band....I didn't get any complaints on the smell.....Today, I decided to try 2 sprays of it behind my both of my knees while on my lunch break from work.....I came back in to work, I started hearing people saying how it smells like cat piss or a burnt smell that is awful.....It has to be the AJA....I hope they don't trace it back to me.... I must have shitty sense of smell because I can't smell it..... You think this has to do with the fact that I hadn't let it dry down enough? I left for work after 20 mins of applying it....I don't want to give up on it just yet....I did shake the bottle before application....

Aja is the only pheromone that smells terrible to me. It literally makes my teeth hurt - like nails on a chalkboard or that TV in the movie Poltergeist. I know that it sounds really strange, but I absolutely cannot wear it. The "burning smell" would be kind of close to what it smells like to/on me, but I literally get this strong visceral reaction of repulsion when it's on me. This has never happened to me with anything else, and I actually enjoy the way all of the other pheromones smell, including cops. I know that a lot of people really love it and it smells sweet on them, though. Sometimes it depends where you are in your cycle, too.  Try it again in a week or so when you're not at work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, intensecity said:

Sugarkitten, I am also wearing 2 different pheromones from another brand that I applied this morning.... Maybe, I should have try covering it with a perfume after applying it....

ALWAYS wear a cover scent over pheromones, or copulins/aja.

Honey by itelf can smell smutty on me, too. I try to keep honey light or pair it with another perfume note when I'm social. By myself I love smutty honey, but people are used to commercial fragrances, not oils... so I conform '-_-

Edited by Ivysaur
Link to post
Share on other sites

It could be either the Aja or the other Pheros. Some people specifically smell pheros and think they smell like BO, Urine or Burnt chemical smells. The cat pee sounds more like someone sensitive to the Aja. It could also be the combination of Aja and the pheros. Definitely wear a cover with pheros and mAybe try Aja alone and the pheros with another cover That is not phero enhanced or smutty or animalic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

I would love to know if people are still using the Aja straight or combining it with their favorite scents ? As opposed to just wearing in one of the many yummy blends we have access to.

I keep forgetting about my bottle. I chose "Supernatural" this morning and of course 14 hours later it's still going strong. I used to combine with others but just seem to have gotten out of the habit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Augh this still vinegar on me after all these years, dug it out of my trove of samples that was forgotten about and thought why not? I needed cops for the day lol.

 

Anyways I wore it under LP ORIGINAL*, It smelled lovely at first. A bit deeper, a lil waxy, wee bit vinegary and then it turned what I adored into down right RAUNCHY snatch with a tinge of vinegar that just got louder as time passed 💀

 

I WORE THIS COMBO TO WORK YOU GUYS AND I SMELLED LIKE THAT! nobody said nuthin thank god but I kept getting wafts of sour vinegar when I was frantically working and lol I was too self conscious to even notice if I got hits 😂

 

I thought that pairing it with honey would be a great idea but ugh, a hard lesson. I'll still experiment with it, esp after it's been aged for a while (hopefully not soured or expired) 

ETA2; Doh! It was LP original

ETA; ik its not actually cops but something that's supposed to mimic it, clear up the confusions 😊

Edited by Anonymous2F
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive certainly received the cat pee reaction a couple times over the years but if I remember correctly it was layered with other honey scents. I love Aja, wear it solo often, when fragrance isn’t ideal. It always makes me feel better on blah days & often people tell me how good I smell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2020 at 12:07 AM, androstenol said:

would love to know if people are still using the Aja straight or combining it with their favorite scents ?

I have it permanently mixed in a spray with Delectable, which is too sweet on it’s own, but they are HEAVEN together. 

 

On 7/19/2020 at 1:22 PM, Anonymous2F said:

 

I WORE THIS COMBO TO WORK YOU GUYS AND I SMELLED LIKE THAT! nobody said nuthin thank god but I kept getting wafts of sour vinegar when I was frantically working and lol I was too self conscious to even notice if I got hits 😂

I bet you’re the only one who noticed! Don’t worry! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I still haven’t completely figured this out. Sometimes Aja smells dirtier on me, sometimes it’s just powdery sweet honey.  It’s definitely not vinegar or cat pee, but sometimes it’s dirtier than I should wear out in public. And sometimes it changes on the same day!  Maybe it’s just my nose. 

 

On the spectrum of dirtiness from Creamed Honey to Oshun and Ogun, this is in the middle.  More powdery than the deeper honeycomb of Sugared Honeycomb. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Looking back, I got definite sour vinegar bleh from it. Maybe I wasn't using enough? I put my samples in a small roller bottle...and for science, I waited til I was on the dot to try it out. (Read on the forum that pheros change a tad with your cycle or something like that) anyways, I tried a quarter sized circle n smoothed around and guess what?? ITS NOT VINEGARY Y'ALL!

 

It's a sour waxy honeysuckle/honey like scent and honestly...right now...ill take it over the vinegar! Im not leaving the house for the night so I can't comment on hits...I'll wear it tomorrow with the new pop phero to work and see if something comes from it though. Hella stoked about it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Just reopened this beautifully aged bottle of Aja I have and Oh. My. WOW. Basking in its loveliness this afternoon ❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Anonymous2F You might try letting the Aja just sit for a bit and retry it in a few months. Mine was vinegary for quite a while on me. Then later - super sweet honey, reminiscent of Winny The Pooh. .Might have been my eating habits, further along in menopause, different skin pH...who knows.....there's a bit of magic in that bottle and now might just not be the right time for you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@androstenol @Anonymous2F androstenol is onto something! I loved Aja for its loooooong dry down, which I used to wait HOURS patiently for. One of the rare fragrances I "bothered" spending my money on if I didn't love it start to finish. But the amazing part always lasted well into the next DAY and even longer on clothing. The beautiful, sweet honey delight always came after long hours of something a bit dirtier and somewhat sour. That's gone from my bottle now. It has always layered beautifully, but now I want to enjoy it straight out of the bottle all by itself!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,all! So I wanted to share what happened when I wore this...I wore it straight with just tiny dots for a few days, then as I noticed my own selfies and how others reacting to me when I wore it, I started increasing the amount because why not? It smelled of honey suckle and honey to me and people were def nicer and seemed to hang on every word etc so because I loved it so much I would put it on and put a commercial perfume that always gets complimented over it and they seemed to work well together (or so I thought)....anyway so on my fourth day, I added a longer stripe down both arms and a bigger swirl from cleavage to stomach....however I forgot that I would be working with my boss who is extremely sensitive to smells...ug. I thought I was smelling so divine and she came in (late I might add) and started complaining immediately that it smelled like dead daisies in there and we need to check all of the trash cans because one might not have gotten taken out the night before etc etc just when I thought it couldn’t be worse she started spraying Lysol (this was last year right before covid and the lock downs started and we still had Lysol lol)...she sprayed the counter tops the trash cans, her station, the waiting area and the air...I honestly was completely mortified because I was afraid she’d start spraying ME....I’d gone to the shampoo area to kind of collect myself because it was really getting embarrassing when she came around back there and said someone had to have left the lid off this one shampoo that she can’t stand can I check all of the lids..so I did and she said she could still smell it maybe it was spilt somewhere and on and on (still occasionally spraying the Lysol) until finally I was like it might be me?? And she’s like no I only smell it back here, it has to be that shampoo! And I’m like but it’s not opened and I twisted it so tight no one will be able to use it now 🤷🏼‍♀️ So finally she leaned in to me and was like “oh it IS you....what perfume is it you might want to throw it away” I just mumbled “oh just a cheap body spray” and ended up going to the rest room to scrub most of it off....I’d also put it in my hair but she didn’t seem to notice it after that. Anyway AS EMBARASSING AS THAT WASSSSS I still continued to wear it whenever I worked with her, but went back to the tiny dots and putting it in my hair 🙊🙊

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...