Sugared Honeycomb

Potion Master

AD1-SugHoneycomb.jpg

Sugared Honeycomb

* A blend of my sexiest, smuttiest, late summer honey and honeycomb varieties, swirled with my blend of five sugars. Fragrance does not get any sexier than this! May be worn alone or layered with complimentary blends to turn up the heat and add a wiggle to your walk.

AD1-SugHoneycomb.jpg

Sugared Honeycomb

* A blend of my sexiest, smuttiest, late summer honey and honeycomb varieties, swirled with my blend of five sugars. Fragrance does not get any sexier than this! May be worn alone or layered with complimentary blends to turn up the heat and add a wiggle to your walk.

Holy cow -must try this. Sexy smutty honey with sugar - major PRE SQUEEE about wearing this solo or layering with other scents. :Emoticons04235:

Edited by Beach Goddess

• 1 month later...

So this is a new thread for SH for Sugared September - is it different from the previous longtime Sugared Honeycomb? Apologies if someone already addressed this elsewhere but I didn't see it in either thread...

Edited by tyvey

• 1 month later...

I tried the new September 2014 version. Wet: pherogirl is a little dirty but much more candy-sweet and golden yellow; this is exactly the opposite - down n dirty, too dirty for me, but if I sniff really hard I smell a very dark honey, almost black. After a few hours the dirtiness backs off and it smells more like honey, still very dark. If I could get through to the less dirty part faster .... I'm going to try this with some other sugareds and see what happens...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest LexyCents

ahhhh sorry i posted a review but its of UNE, not this fragrance. I haven't worn this for a full day yet, only tried on my wrist so I'll review when I get to use it for a full day. SORRIES!

Edited by simplypurly

• 1 month later...

I wanted a non phero'd sexy honey and this is exactly what I got. I have had this on all morning and I love it. It's sexy, smutty and really does make me want to 'wiggle' when I walk. It's dirty in a good way not in a, I need to wash way, but in a gorgeous honey, sexy, hot and horny way. And as a bonus, a little goes a long way and after 5 hours there is no sign of this fading, it really packs a punch.

• 4 months later...

This is gorgeously dangerous, a cross between Rita Hayworth's Gilda and Kathleen Turner's Matty Walker (Body Heat). Younger members will need to search the references, but anyone 40ish or older will need only those two characters to tell you all you need to know.

Edited by Wanderlust

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is rich dark honey. Initially it smells a little smutty on my skin, but it smells cleaner after about an hour or so. It lasted about 6 hours on me, which isn't as long as some of the other sugared scents I've tried, but I didn't apply much so that may be why.

• 2 months later...

I wore it solo last night as a cover for LFN to a Prince tribute show, and it's really, really concentrated. It takes only 4-5 swipes from the tiny free sample vial to really waft. Which it did.

I got an unsolicited compliment from a female musician as we hugged our hellos, and she said "what a great smell!".

I like the honey here, although I get smut - and plenty of it - on my skin. Definitely a night time thing, I get some sweet, some powdery, a liitle floral, with the deep smutty stuff underneath.

The distant dry down (like, 10-11 hours later) is pure smut, when I press my nose to my wrist.

I think it could be layered with lots of interesting things to bring out different aspects of it.

I think layering it with sandalwood would be great, though I've yet to try it. Has anyone tried this combination?

I'll keep the vibe going this morning by wearing a honey based scent to work. Phero Girl or something.

It's hard to go wrong with Sugared Honeycomb imho, reincarnated. To me, it is my go to layerable. Not only does it add a lovely depth to most things, I find that on my skin, it lends impressive longevity to many perfumes. I personally can't wear Sandalwood or Sandalwood blends unless it's just a light touch, but I would think it would blend quite nicely with SH. :)

• 5 months later...

I just got this today and had to test it to see what it was like. When it's wet, the honey is very raw and earthy and to me, has a syrupy quality. Very potent and robust. I can understand why this perfume is described as the essence of sex. But not in a raunchy way. It's more a come-hither-and-sample-my-goodies way.

When it's dry, the honey gets lighter and cleaner but still retains it's earthiness. The sugar helps to round out the rawness making it slightly powdery but still potent. This is what I would a grown-ass woman scent, a scent of a woman that's sensual, confident and takes no prisoners in the art of seduction. it's definitely sexy without being brazen and obvious.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/5/2018 at 6:59 PM, Vicki Lee said:

Anyone have any scent comparisons with sugared Honeycomb vs. Aja? ?

I don't find them to be alike, and I don't have any solo Aja for comparing to my little SH trial. I seem to recall being surprised that SH wasn't good on my skin, it wasn't a good smutty on me, so I wouldn't have added it to anything. I'm sure most ladies wear it all on it's own. I mixed most of a bottle of Aja with a full bottle of something that was too PG on me and made it into two sprays, the Aja turned it perfect. Vampire Bait on it's own doesn't particularily appeal to me, but the variant with Aja is gorgous and sexy. SH is more of it's own thing, IMO, whereas Aja didn't do anything for me by itself. It can take a fragrance from "nice" to rich and sexy instantaneously. 

I know you asked for a scent comparison, but that's what I've got. I'm not so great at describing notes. 

• 9 months later...

This is such a deep, thick honey. It makes me feel sexy and slinky, but on my skin it's not dirty, just deep and rich.  It's actually cleaner than I expected! The "earthiness" here is a natural kind of depth like you "feel" with a well blended amber, not actual "dirtiness" you can smell like I get with pherogirl. The honey is so dense and thick here that I feel like if you bathed in this type of honey you might actually float. 

This lasts for hours and hours. One of things I love about LP perfumes is that they blend with your skin chemistry and "blooms" over time, and this starts out very sweet and blends in with my skin to be this thick, honey skin scent.  (By skin scent, I don't mean that it's faint or indistinguishable, just that it blends so perfectly.)  It loses some of its sweetness as it blends, but you still get little bits of sugary sweetness. At 16 hrs it's faded to a light almost powdery honey.  Great sexy and multidimensional honey scent. 

On 8/11/2019 at 1:57 PM, hedgehog said:

This is such a deep, thick honey. It makes me feel sexy and slinky, but on my skin it's not dirty, just deep and rich.  It's actually cleaner than I expected! The "earthiness" here is a natural kind of depth like you "feel" with a well blended amber, not actual "dirtiness" you can smell like I get with pherogirl. The honey is so dense and thick here that I feel like if you bathed in this type of honey you might actually float. 

This lasts for hours and hours. One of things I love about LP perfumes is that they blend with your skin chemistry and "blooms" over time, and this starts out very sweet and blends in with my skin to be this thick, honey skin scent.  (By skin scent, I don't mean that it's faint or indistinguishable, just that it blends so perfectly.)  It loses some of its sweetness as it blends, but you still get little bits of sugary sweetness. At 16 hrs it's faded to a light almost powdery honey.  Great sexy and multidimensional honey scent. 

It’s the honeycomb!!! It adds depth and a different kind of rich deep ness without being drippy and super smutty! One of my favorite notes and I think it’s underused. When I started here over 10 years ago Honey scents were the BIGGEST thing. But trends shift and favorite notes evolve and are kind of cyclic. Honeycomb is the bomb! Honeycomb Musk is one of my favorite things ever like in Lost Highway and my first PE Angelique.

Agreed with Hedgehog and Halo0073

11 hours ago, halo0073 said:
  On 8/11/2019 at 11:57 AM, hedgehog said:

This is such a deep, thick honey. It makes me feel sexy and slinky, but on my skin it's not dirty, just deep and rich.  It's actually cleaner than I expected! The "earthiness" here is a natural kind of depth like you "feel" with a well blended amber,

11 hours ago, halo0073 said:

It’s the honeycomb!!! It adds depth and a different kind of rich deep ness without being drippy and super smutty! One of my favorite notes and I think it’s underused.

This is such a deep rich honey and one of our very favorites   Often my 'honey slumber essence' with or without a dab of Balm Balm - both of which I received as

re-homing stock from the cleaning sprees from other members (thank you!) so I do not know which edition I may have - yet it is glorious and the best experience to fall asleep within its gorgeous cloud of happiness... sigh ... now I must find my little honeycomb cloud  - this will be perfect for me right now ... sweet rest sweet friends - when once you get there  :onigiri_moon_sleep:

• 1 year later...

I know it’s been awhile since this one’s been updated but reading through the reviews makes me want to dig mine back out and try it again. When I initially tried it it did seem to go powdery on me. I wore it to work one day and my boss at the time had me wax her eyebrows...anyway while in the wax room she kept complaining that she thought our powder in there was going bad and how she was absolutely going to have to change it out because it did not smell right....needless to say that was the last time I wore it lol It’s probably been almost a year ago so now I’m going to try it again and see what happens. Also, a small side note: I do not find it similar to Aja in scent but maybe in reaction from other people (I’m going to leave a review for Aja in a moment and an incident that occurred with the same boss mentioned here lol)

• 1 year later...

I pulled this one out again after letting it sit for 2 years and I love it. I was afraid to wear it because it was so strong before but it mellowed out. It still smells very strongly of honey but I put on smaller amounts instead of slathering myself with it and it smells florally and powdery but still sexy. I think the trick is to let this age and then putting this on with enough time to let it mix with your skin chemistry prior to going out.

• 7 months later...
On 12/11/2015 at 5:29 PM, Witty Kitty said:

This turns to plastic on me--such a bummer!! :( I've added a few drops to a few other fragrances to take the edge off, though, and that has worked well.

On 1/4/2021 at 10:19 AM, SpookyK8 said:

I know it’s been awhile since this one’s been updated but reading through the reviews makes me want to dig mine back out and try it again. When I initially tried it it did seem to go powdery on me. I wore it to work one day and my boss at the time had me wax her eyebrows...anyway while in the wax room she kept complaining that she thought our powder in there was going bad and how she was absolutely going to have to change it out because it did not smell right....needless to say that was the last time I wore it lol It’s probably been almost a year ago so now I’m going to try it again and see what happens. Also, a small side note: I do not find it similar to Aja in scent but maybe in reaction from other people (I’m going to leave a review for Aja in a moment and an incident that occurred with the same boss mentioned here lol)

I have a similar reaction: on me it smells similar to honey+burnt plastic in the beginning. Hope it will change over time as I got a FB spray... Strangely, Flan de Coco has a bitter smell of something burnt on me despite not having any resins/bitter components.

Some reviewers mention in other threads mention that scents get softer/sweeter after sitting in a bottle, and some say that theirs get less sweet. Wonder what's the expert opinion in terms of what is a usual change in scent with aging?

Update: I found that after spreading the sprayed splash over a larger area of the skin, the bitterness goes away. Maybe it is some agent that when concentrated gives off a burnt smell on my skin...  

Edited by Mila

• 3 weeks later...

@Mila we all have different skin chemistry, so that might never change for you. Trust me, as a long time LP fan, I’m sometimes relieved when stuff doesn’t work! I can’t actually own them all, so I’m fine with some things turning just awful on me. You don’t need to try to force it, you can always trade/sell it on the trade boards. You want to enjoy what you’re wearing!
Sometimes I’ve read about notes smelling different on reviewers skin at different times of the month. There’s no way I would have patience / insight / time to figure that out myself. If something doesn’t work, I just put it aside for 3-6 months. I’ll try it again then, and if it doesn’t appeal to me, I’ll add it to my trade list. 

On 12/6/2022 at 12:04 PM, Mila said:

Some reviewers mention in other threads mention that scents get softer/sweeter after sitting in a bottle, and some say that theirs get less sweet. Wonder what's the expert opinion in terms of what is a usual change in scent with aging?

There’s no specific rules in this department, just generalities, depends on the scent. For instance, citrus tends to soften over time. Most scents become more than the sum of their parts over time, whereas you might be able to pick out individual notes more easily in the beginning. Again, this is just a vague generalization. Every perfume and how it reacts over time and with your individual chemistry is unique.