Honeyed Love Potion w/Gotcha!

Beccah

Someone once said--I think it was Tyvey re: LP Red, maybe--that it took a couple of wearings for her skin to "get" the fragrance before it started to smell good. I think that is the case with this. My first wearing, it did the waxy thing honeys sometimes do on me. My second wearing last night, there was less waxiness and more fruitiness. I'm hoping i'm over the hump because this smells really good in the vial and i want it to smell really good on me.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one does the waxy thing on me, too. It starts off full honey & fruit, and then an hour and a half later it goes a bit waxy, (that's a good descriptor, actually). Though this is the week of The Dot, so I'll have to try it again later in the month.

I wonder, is this the same type of honey that was in Torrid Sorcery? 'Cause the waxy smell is the same as I got with that one. But with TS, it was like that from the start.

I really like the way this one starts off though, so I may play with it a little more, maybe layer it with LP O or Phero Girl...

It's what they call "travel shock."

I will take your advice and let it recoup from its jet lag, then.

At first, this was kind of going soapy on me, but it's been a couple of hours and now it smells more like LP original, but softer.

Honey Ho and Honeyed Seductions also went soapy on me. I'm not sure if this is the waxy smell others describe with certain honey scents. I wear sugared honeycomb, une, and pherogirl all the time.

Mmmmm, LOVE THIS!! Nice, juicy apricot fruit drizzled with a sweet honey, not dirty at all on me. After it settles a bit, the patchouly comes out, it's a creamy, subtle spiciness that really compliments the sweetness of the honeyed fruit.

And of course, the Gotcha just makes me instantly grin from ear to ear like a happy fool, heh.

So glad I took a chance on this! :Emoticons04235:

Hmm... So I wore this again last night, just to test, 'cause it behaved weirdly on me a few days ago. And it didn't go *as* weird this time around. :huh: It went on all juicy and honey-like, and it stayed that way for quite a while. And when I woke up, I could still smell the remnants of all that juicy, honey goodness, with just a hint of that weird, waxy smell. Maybe it's a TOTM issue? I really need to remember to order a bottle of Cyclopentasiloxane, and see if that helps with these situations.

And if that doesn't work, I can always try: slather, sniff, repeat. ;)

Hmm... So I wore this again last night, just to test, 'cause it behaved weirdly on me a few days ago. And it didn't go *as* weird this time around. :huh: It went on all juicy and honey-like, and it stayed that way for quite a while. And when I woke up, I could still smell the remnants of all that juicy, honey goodness, with just a hint of that weird, waxy smell. Maybe it's a TOTM issue? I really need to remember to order a bottle of Cyclopentasiloxane, and see if that helps with these situations.

And if that doesn't work, I can always try: slather, sniff, repeat. ;)

Ah, see? It's your skin trying to "get" it. :lol:

I like this, the original lp is there but the apricot looks on lasciviously as she dribbles her honey soaked juice down the point of fragrance application. Unfortunately, it kinda vanishes quickly, leaving me just with the hint of lp orig, like i put it on yesterday grrrrrr. I might wear this over honey bunny, see if thst helps.

I like this, the original lp is there but the apricot looks on lasciviously as she dribbles her honey soaked juice down the point of fragrance application.

Nice imagery there, Mel!! I'm going to try this again tomorrow...

Nice imagery there, Mel!! I'm going to try this again tomorrow...

Yeah Mel,that was beautiful :)

This is still light on me,but ordered another bottle last night anyway,so I can slather at will,and have one to age mmmmm :lolipop:

this is light on me too but "when" I get to own a bottle of this I will be slathering this baby on!

I love the honey fragrance is this and mixed with apricots its smells ...hmm whats a good word..luscious-ly sweet..lol

Well,apparently,while I perceive this as "light" at least one person does not :lol: I got comments of "delicious sweet incense ", from a few feet away :huh: and later "please don't go yet " :001_302: Gotcha!

*le big sigh* You just HAD to do that, didn't you, LV! Let the stampede begin! :lol:

*scurries off to grab two bottles*

. . . and later "please don't go yet " :001_302: Gotcha!

WOOT!! :PIGEON~12: They all flock to Calii!!

Yes, they DO! But, I think it's just Calli... she's her own LP!

I was afraid of that. Sigh. Lucky girl, she is!

Love the new avi, katz! Retro cool!

TY Ducky! You can "Mad Men" yourself too: http://www.amctv.com/madmenyourself/

Cool! Thanks, Katz!

ETA: What?! There's no ducks in Mad Men?!?

Edited by Just Ducky

sheepshow.gif

This would go great under the Stalking Thread -- Mara keeping all those plates in the air right now, AND we get March NRs!

Friday date night Mission: Make him fall all over himself and lower his inhibitions. Entice him a little and have some fun!

T-2 hours to date night: Nice long hot bath and so excited about my scents! Applied Honey Love Portion w/Gotcha to bends in arms and legs, back of neck, and navel to cleavage. First impression, really sweet and wow on the honey. I don't wear a lot of scents with honey, so that's probably why I smell it so much. Sadly, I couldn't discern all the different scents, but the fragrance made my teens come into my bedroom. My daughter said it smelled like caramel. Since it has a little cops in it, I decided to do my makeup and let it dry down. BTW, I didn't smell the cops.

T-30 minutes to date night: I'm dressed and heading out the door! Impression after 1.5 hours, I smell like a yummy dessert!

Showtime: He isn't normally a close guy, but tonight he draws in a little closer. Very nice! :666:

Then it happens. I start feeling icky with coughing and sneezing. Of course, he starts moving away! :censored: How is that for luck!?! He wants to get close and can't because cold symptoms are taking over our date. I end the night early around 930 and climb in bed...alone. The next morning, even with a congested nose, I could smell apricots.

Results: Need a do over. Smell is wonderful (like a ice cream sundae) and I "think" I got a good reaction, but I'd like to try again sans cold. :ill:

Oh wonderful Honeyed Love Potion w/Gotcha, I have plans and high hopes for your next weekend! :666:

Changes for next week: Apply a dab on my wrists for full coverage because this smell is AWESOME!

Very promising review! Darn the sneezies and germs. Question -- do you want us to call you "Vixen" or "Shaywinnie"? I smile everytime I see your posts signed with "Vixen," and always think what a cool forum nomenclature that makes!

It is a divine fragrance...made me think I may need to wear this one tomorrow....

Shaywinnie, hope you're feeling better soon and back into experimenting. Great review :)