Vicars & Tarts

luna65

The fragrance:

I love sweetened resin blends so this is perfect for me. The pecan tart accord starts out stronger (and very delicious) but the frank n'myrrh deepens over time until they're blended just right. The two aspects are perfectly complimentary, and you can always count on this: when you add sweetness to frank n'myrrh you will get wonderful things. Totally scrummy, and a perfect fall/winter fragrance.

The tradition:

-I asked Quince to tell me his V&T story and he said he only ever went to one such party as a young adult in London and recalled being angry because random guys were hitting on his girlfriend, who really didn't need tarting up to be a knockout (and I've seen photos, she was gorgeous). But he went to plenty other fancy dress parties so as to fulfill his Son of Albion requirement (and prepare him for our games of Let's Pretend).

-Stateside the perversion of this ritual is the Pimp n'Whore party; every year of my collegiate career I attended but the best was my Senior year when I convinced a friend of mine we needed to reverse the roles, so he wore Daisy Dukes and a mesh tank top while I wore a really gaudy pantsuit and a big hat decorated with one of those feather boa thingies. :)

Edited by luna65

The fragrance:

I love sweetened resin blends so this is perfect for me. The pecan tart accord starts out stronger (and very delicious) but the frank n'myrrh deepens over time until they're blended just right. The two aspects are perfectly complimentary, and you can always count on this: when you add sweetness to frank n'myrrh you will get wonderful things. Totally scrummy, and a perfect fall/winter fragrance.

The tradition:

-I asked Quince to tell me his V&T story and he said he only ever went to one such party as a young adult in London and recalled being angry because random guys were hitting on his girlfriend, who really didn't need tarting up to be a knockout (and I've seen photos, she was gorgeous). But he went to plenty other fancy dress parties so as to fulfill his Son of Albion requirement (and prepare him for our games of Let's Pretend).

-Stateside the perversion of this ritual is the Pimp n'Whore party; every year of my collegiate career I attended but the best was my Senior year when I convinced a friend of mine we needed to reserve the roles, so he wore Daisy Dukes and a mesh tank top while I wore a really gaudy pantsuit and a big hat with decorated with one of those feather boa thingies. :)

Oh my I just love that you did a reverse Pimp N Ho!!! All guys that like Daisy Dukes should have to wear them at least once. Haaaa ha

This may be my favorite out of this month's lineup. This is dark, sexy, chewy, sweet and flirty all at the same time. It is like the "smokey eyes" in a bottle, well the sexiness of it anyways. Feminine, dark and seductive. The resins give a fantastic undercurrent of mystery to the chewy sweetness that hits you first. It is like the scent is calling you towards it to see what else it might have in store for you later. I love it!

• 4 weeks later...
V1 or V2?

I would say both...

I tested V&T's on my left hand and G+L V2 on my right...mind you V& T's will never,ever,replace G&L <either version> but...if you like G&L,you will not be dissappointed.It was posted elsewhere about the similarities...will go look for it,and/or hopefully someone else will chime in with their opinions :) ...if one thing I learned here,chemistry is so unique !!

Now ,this morning I could still faintly smell G&L,it is beyond compare,to me <sigh> ...hmmm maybe we can get it back again if we beg hard enough :^^:

Well... :^^:

Oh, and Garland & Lace 2 is sold out, but we're getting a lot of OOS notices from people pressing that button, so a suggestion - if you're looking for something along those lines, then you MUST try Vicars and Tarts from last month.

:)

I second this--strongly! :lol:

I would say both...

I tested V&T's on my left hand and G+L V2 on my right...mind you V& T's will never,ever,replace G&L but...if you like G&L,you will not be dissappointed.It was posted elsewhere about the similarities...will go look for it,and/or hopefully someone else will chime in with their opinions :) ...if one thing I learned here,chemistry is so unique !!

Now ,this morning I could still faintly smell G&L,it is beyond compare,to me ...hmmm maybe we can get it back again if we beg hard enough :^^:

Hmm, good to know. Sounds like it might be the spices that are similar? My thing is I only like V1

They sort of have the same warmth to them I guess. They're not similar to me but they're both a seasonal type of gourmand. Then again I haven't smelled V2.

Based on the notes I wasn't interested in this at all, I confess...but trialed it based on this thread...and it's fab!! I totally get the g&l comparison- it does *feel* a lot like it, v2 anyway which is the only one I know.

• 2 weeks later...

Mara was nice enough to send me a little sample jar of the olive oil/ apricot oil body cream and it is AWESOME!!! sighs sadly Another one that worked on me has been retired :( BUT.. the body cream absolutely ROCKS and I will likely order it either unscented or with another fragrance. Thanks Mara! And my compliments on both.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm new to this perfume world and a friend of mine is sharing her goodies, she's guiding me through it all. I spent last night and earlier trying to long in to my account here becuase I forgot how, Ai, yi yi. My first order was Red and I heard it was suppose to be sexy. But it didn't work on me that way : ( I anticipated getting it in massage oil form for the upcoming holiday but I decided not to. But now I want the oil in Vicars and Tarts becuase this stuff smells soooooo sensual and sexy. It smells more like food on my friend, simple, but on me it smells more complex and "perfume" instead of food. I really like it and hope I can get this in massage oil for my husband and I.

• 2 months later...

Very sweet and nutty with a resinous base. Maybe a little too sweet for me intially. It's also making me crave sticky buns.

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 1 month later...

I have no idea why, but I was inspired to throw this on yesterday, probably because my new releases are not here yet and I am craving something new...I haven't put this on since it came out last September.

My, how my tastes have changed!! I gave no thought at all to this back then, all I cared about were fruity scents basically and this was WAY too crazy smelling for me!! Now I think this is absolutely heavenly!! Very sweet with the pecan at first but the darkness in the background, (Frank & Myrrh??) keep it from smelling too simple desert-y and really give it a mysterious, sexy feel. I cannot imagine men NOT wanting to eat you up wearing this. I get so many more compliments from men on these foody type scents these days than I do on my usual fruit or floral scents it seems.

Although I don't really do the "seasonal perfume" thing anymore, I choose my perfume by my mood, I think I will love this even more in cooler, holiday weather. However, I will wear this out at night even now.

Oh! And the staying power!! I put it on yesterday late morning, switched to Compromising Positions in the late afternoon and when I woke up this morning I smelled of Vicars and Tarts!! That was an awesome wake up call!!!

Oh!! And the little plaid skirt and and tie up boots on the label? Such an outfit I wore out in the 80's.

I know! I got this one in a trade and I like it better than G and L. G and L fades on me and there's a weird smell in it that reminds me of an Indian restaurant. V and T is similar but stays with me and the foody smell is a good one. I know there's no fruit in it, but something vaguely fruity amps on me. Maybe the nuts?

I can't put my finger on it, but I keep going back to this one.

I know! I got this one in a trade and I like it better than G and L. G and L fades on me and there's a weird smell in it that reminds me of an Indian restaurant. V and T is similar but stays with me and the foody smell is a good one. I know there's no fruit in it, but something vaguely fruity amps on me. Maybe the nuts?

I can't put my finger on it, but I keep going back to this one.

Yes, I also like this one much more than G&L!! I also get a sense of the fruity...could it be that almond comes off as cherry sometimes?

could it be that almond comes off as cherry sometimes?

YES, Smart Lady! :Lady_walking:

Almond DOES come off as cherry many times! Many commercial almond/cherry products are JUST almond! I have searched the world for "pure" almond scents to add to my collection of almond/cherry scents - it's difficult to find almond without the cherry undertone, but both have their appeal.

This is one of my faves too. It definitely has a similar vibe to G&L, but has charms all it's own.

YES, Smart Lady! :Lady_walking:

Almond DOES come off as cherry many times! Many commercial almond/cherry products are JUST almond! I have searched the world for "pure" almond scents to add to my collection of almond/cherry scents - it's difficult to find almond without the cherry undertone, but both have their appeal.

This is one of my faves too. It definitely has a similar vibe to G&L, but has charms all it's own.

Good, so my nose wasn't playing tricks on me!

• 3 weeks later...

I dabbed a little on my wrists this morning and WOW! It smells like pancake heaven on me!! Very syrupy and cozy. I love love love this scent. I want pancakes now with some maple syrup and butter! Santa Carla made me eat funnel cake, this is going to make me drive to IHOP at lunch.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I just put this on to go to sleep... I love this one so much and was so happy I was able to score a bottle during the sale... This scent is normally not something I would like but its so comforting and loving and it just wraps you around and makes you feel so good as it engulfs you in love and comfort....Its like a Victorian Christmas in a bottle.

• 1 month later...

I have tried numerous scents since discovering LPMP and I can't wait to continue to try more of them. This one is my very favorite of them all. I never would have thought that it would be based on the notes. I got a bottle in my last order after using up my sample in a couple of days. I get deep pecan pie filling at first, and then the sexy whispers of frankincense & myrrh start entwining with the pecan pie. Like it has already been mentioned, it's foody, but not too foody.

I feel so damn sexy whenever I wear this. It is such a comforting scent that is also naughty peaking around every corner. Like a passing glance with someone that lingers just a bit longer than it should and speaks volumes in underlying desires. Totally fits my personality and I hope it never, ever is gone for good.

Wore this out to do errands today, and had two "hits" at the CVS. :lol:

First a woman who worked there passed me by in an aisle three times, she kept going up and down the aisle saying excuse me and then turning around and doing it again. Finally, she stops at the end of the aisle and says to me, "Something smells absolutely delicious and I think it's you." I told her what I was wearing and she said, "And now I'm having pecan pie cravings!"

Then a gent pretty much did the same thing....he passed me twice and the second time I heard him do an immense LOUD inhale to sniff me...snifffffffffffffffffffffffffff! Then he smiled huge and chatted me up a bit. :)

First a woman who worked there passed me by in an aisle three times, she kept going up and down the aisle saying excuse me and then turning around and doing it again. Finally, she stops at the end of the aisle and says to me, "Something smells absolutely delicious and I think it's you." I told her what I was wearing and she said, "And now I'm having pecan pie cravings!"

Then a gent pretty much did the same thing....he passed me twice and the second time I heard him do an immense LOUD inhale to sniff me...snifffffffffffffffffffffffffff! Then he smiled huge and chatted me up a bit. :)

See? This stuff is magickal! I was getting worried that this may be GGG, but if PM is getting hits, then maybe it will stay around for a long time. Yesss? :wub:

Dang, I use this one to sleep, I need to use it for out and about with those hits, I'm going to give it a whirl...thanks PM

That's awesome Mara! I love it when people finally figure out that the awesome smell they've been trying to place is actually *you*. It's always so cute. And flattering. :)

I wish I got more wear out of the bottle of V&T I got in the sale, but it's one of the few scents I have that actually causes BF to get a headache - and he *never* gets headaches. I only get to wear it sporadically, when he's not around. Hmm... Maybe he should get out more. Or maybe I should! :lol:

See? This stuff is magickal! I was getting worried that this may be GGG, but if PM is getting hits, then maybe it will stay around for a long time. Yesss? :wub:

Sorry, no! We're down to the last few bottles if we have anything at all.

I mentioned several times that I was surprised that it didn't go faster as it's one of my very favorite blends.

I loved this one in the bottle, but on me not so much :(

I was so excited to try this because it's loved by so many, but it just wasn't a love. It's funny because before I came here, I could never really appreciate a perfume that didn't work for me. Now, it happens all the time. Maybe it's because I love this company and it's creators so much?!! I actually feel sad when I don't like something or when something doesn't do it for me. I'm so tarded! Anyway, I traded this to someone who LOVES it :)

I love this one but it's very much a fall/winter scent for me, it just doesn't "feel" right any other time of year, so I'm doing okay with using it very slowly.

I loved this one in the bottle, but on me not so much :(

Anyway, I traded this to someone who LOVES it :)

And I thank you very much! This is one of my very favorites, I've gone through one bottle and one spray. I can't get enough of this sometimes. Not to mention, its the doctor that I work for favorite scent, and when I wear it to work, she's always in a better mood lol!

And I thank you very much! This is one of my very favorites, I've gone through one bottle and one spray. I can't get enough of this sometimes. Not to mention, its the doctor that I work for favorite scent, and when I wear it to work, she's always in a better mood lol!

Your Welcome :)

If your boss loves it, you need gallons, huh? :lol: