Stalk Talk!

luna65

17 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

Hazelnut- I love Lina's Mama Lion. In fact, I just went and slathered, just to be sure. White chocolate, buttercream, coconut frosting, marshmallow, and drops of tangerine, banana, hazelnut and spring honey.

I’m not sure about smelling like a peanut either, though I do like Material Squirrel 🐿 (I know, no peanuts in it). What Eastwood posted sounds nice too. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited about the fall collection, they are always my fav ❤️ I'm hoping for something similar to spiced cider pudding and something like smokey fireplace and incense for fall nights. 

I would be interested in a pecan or nutty fragrance paired with something like Mourning Glory.

Or one that was a nutty incense, resin, civet, amber brown sugar blend...somthing that has comparable notes to the prince and the showgirl minus the grapefruit.

These are always my favorite they smell amazing and develop throughout the day so perfect ❤️ 

19 hours ago, hearts said:

I haven’t posted here in FOREVER! But I’m happy to have found my way back for the sale and now I’m over here looking forward to Mara’s Fall scents!!

I’m hoping for something with Cougar or Topper! I’ve really been into apple scents for fall! Or maybe a throwback to Sparkle Fuchsia: a vanilla/pink sugared pumpkin scent. 

In response to the nut fragrance notes… how about like a pumpkin peanut brittle type of scent, like the BBW candle? 
You know me and my love for dessert-y type scents. I’m not the biggest fan of nut notes in perfume, but combine it with some rich vanilla, buttercream or cake scent and I’ll probably love it haha. 

I just wanted to say “welcome back”!  :abfx:   I remember your avatar, and read many of your reviews and posts when I first joined the forum in 2017.

On 8/21/2022 at 8:49 AM, Eve said:

Okay, for the record, I don’t want to smell like peanuts—or hazelnuts for that matter. I have Warm n Toasty,  and don’t know if there is a peanut note in it or not, and  I do like it regardless.  But, at face value anyway, I’m not on board with peanuts.

I’ve rarely gone in BBW.  I don’t know if I’ve ever bought anything there 😐

I think of smoky scents accented with something sweet or aromatic… marshmallows, chocolate, coffee,  butterscotch..You know— bonfires, rustling leaves, crisp cold nights (We get too few of them, what’s with fall anyway?  Why can’t we have the kind of weather autumn is supposed to be like, instead of all hot, or hot and rainy, or cold  or cold and rainy!) 

I guess novelty scents don’t appeal to me as much as those that are instant classics. 

My weenie wishlist includes Mara’s take on Universal Voodoo’s Sticky Fingers, a rebrew of Weenie Roast, a smoky version of Wild Cherry, a slightly spicy foodie  pumpkin perfume, or a slightly spicy coffee perfume with maybe a smoke accord or DARK chocolate.

Do you have Ash? That’s like a smoky s’more type scent it’s really delicious.

Dark chocolate, cinnamon, coffee and hazelnut sounds like a great combination too.

I have a feeling winter on the East Coast will be harsh this year because we didn’t get any rain and the mornings and nights are starting to get chilly.

On 8/21/2022 at 7:49 AM, Eve said:

I think of smoky scents accented with something sweet or aromatic… marshmallows, chocolate, coffee,  butterscotch..You know— bonfires, rustling leaves, crisp cold nights (We get too few of them, what’s with fall anyway?  Why can’t we have the kind of weather autumn is supposed to be like, instead of all hot, or hot and rainy, or cold  or cold and rainy!) 

I guess novelty scents don’t appeal to me as much as those that are instant classics. 

My weenie wishlist includes Mara’s take on Universal Voodoo’s Sticky Fingers, a rebrew of Weenie Roast, a smoky version of Wild Cherry, a slightly spicy foodie  pumpkin perfume, or a slightly spicy coffee perfume with maybe a smoke accord or DARK chocolate.

I love the idea of smoky fruit! I was watching a cooking show and the host was cooking peaches on a grill and made smoke infused whipped cream. It looked so interesting and yummy! 

On 8/21/2022 at 4:03 PM, hearts said:

I haven’t posted here in FOREVER! But I’m happy to have found my way back for the sale and now I’m over here looking forward to Mara’s Fall scents!!

I’m hoping for something with Cougar or Topper! I’ve really been into apple scents for fall! Or maybe a throwback to Sparkle Fuchsia: a vanilla/pink sugared pumpkin scent. 

In response to the nut fragrance notes… how about like a pumpkin peanut brittle type of scent, like the BBW candle? 
You know me and my love for dessert-y type scents. I’m not the biggest fan of nut notes in perfume, but combine it with some rich vanilla, buttercream or cake scent and I’ll probably love it haha. 

I am a total sucker for apple scents. I'm buying Iduna and Pomme de Fleur unsniffed because I saw the word apple, even if they aren't really straight up apple scents.

One perfume that I regret not getting my hands on was Black Aggie. I think an elderberry oatmeal stout (with perhaps a touch of apple?) scent would be lovely for fall. 

Apple or pear? But I mainly want it to be like Black Aggie, more elderberry than the other fall fruits. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 12:25 PM, Vika said:

Do you have Ash? That’s like a smoky s’more type scent it’s really delicious.

Dark chocolate, cinnamon, coffee and hazelnut sounds like a great combination too.

I have a feeling winter on the East Coast will be harsh this year because we didn’t get any rain and the mornings and nights are starting to get chilly.

@Vika I so hope your winter on the East Coast is not too harsh, I dread winter each year, I think that is why I do not like fall is because it's the prequel to Winter. Even as a child I despised Winter.  I love Mara's fall scents, they are simply amazing and I always buy some of the blends. I'm so looking forward to her Halloween Scents, can't wait to get my hands on some of those delicious blends...  I have 5 more years of working till I can retire down to a warm climate...

On 9/9/2022 at 8:49 AM, dolphindolls2 said:

@Vika I so hope your winter on the East Coast is not too harsh, I dread winter each year, I think that is why I do not like fall is because it's the prequel to Winter. Even as a child I despised Winter.  I love Mara's fall scents, they are simply amazing and I always buy some of the blends. I'm so looking forward to her Halloween Scents, can't wait to get my hands on some of those delicious blends...  I have 5 more years of working till I can retire down to a warm climate...

Thank you! I don’t like the cold at all but I like the fall because it’s beautiful watching the colors change and Halloween/spooky time. :) 

@hearts! Hi! 

On 8/21/2022 at 2:03 PM, hearts said:

You know me and my love for dessert-y type scents

I certainly do! I am a fan of your PE’s, I just put on Mama Lion an hour ago! I am still a fan of your Latte, your Buttered Caramel, and your Pumpkin Bake Batter! 
Just curious, what did you most want in the sale?

1 hour ago, Eastwood22 said:

@hearts! Hi! 

I certainly do! I am a fan of your PE’s, I just put on Mama Lion an hour ago! I am still a fan of your Latte, your Buttered Caramel, and your Pumpkin Bake Batter! 
Just curious, what did you most want in the sale?

Awww I’m so happy you liked my PEs! 
I’ve been out of the LP loop for awhile and was just excited to be back and try newness! I feel like I’ve missed a ton! I actually didn’t go too crazy. I got Crystal Currents and restocked a few pheros that I used to love. Topper, Gotcha and Cougar. I got a few Fairy Cakes. I loved Odalesse, Raspberry Chiffon, Bunns of Cinn and my favorite, Darling Clementine. Got those in my last order. 
What were you most excited for in the sale? What do I need to get? Lol! I feel like a newbie again. 

@hearts I didn’t go too crazy, I have most everything I’ve wanted from the past few years after getting most all of the trials. Most of the trials were in sets, but I think at least 2 or 3 sets from the past few years were really large so they were “make your own set” situations.

In the sale, I reserved Whisker Wishes, Ghost Dust w/ OW, Cimaruta Spell 2020: Mercury Potion, 2 FB’s Feather in the Wind w/ Phero B2.2, and two bottles of Rubylicious, one spiked with AJA. 

The non-sale bottles I bought with those were 2 bottles Sunshine Brule, one spiked with cops, Earthly Pleasures w/ LFM, Kanina Kanína w/ CB, Darling Clementine, Kenzie w/Mega Watt, Leibchen w/ TH, and a pherotine B2.2. (Plus Rodnoy w/ Teddy BB and Mtoto for my man.)

I think you’d love both the Sunshine Brule and the Liebchen. Obviously I love everything I bought listed here, you also might want to get trials of the newer LP Gold, Living Doll, 2020’s weenies Bare Trap and Soul Cakes if they exist. Definitely get a trial of the Cream Mother, maybe also Material Squirrel. You’d also like OCCO: Orange Droolious, I’m sure, but you’d have to find it in a trade unless Mara remakes it. 🤞🏼Hemwicke and Lantern from last year’s weenies were awesome, I’m not sure why I never got Hemwicke. Probably because I had to just narrow it down!

I missed out on V&T so I’m really hoping for another pecan pie scent this weenie season! 🤞🏼🥧🤞🏼
Fruity scents don’t normally get along with me but the gourmand/foody ones are most always my friends!

5 hours ago, Amanda said:

I’m really hoping for another pecan pie scent this weenie season!

Have you tried the Brown Sugared Pecans? It's so good! You know what would be a good weenie rebrew? CURIOSITIES! “A curiously delightful take on the traditional caramel apple! Various types of caramelized sugars, brown sugar and salted butter blend to form the thick creamy salted caramel coating for a crunchy apple with a sprinkle of pecans and a base of warm smooth sweet amber.”

Edited by Eastwood22

6 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

Have you tried the Brown Sugared Pecans? It's so good! You know what would be a good weenie rebrew? CURIOSITIES! “A curiously delightful take on the traditional caramel apple! Various types of caramelized sugars, brown sugar and salted butter blend to form the thick creamy salted caramel coating for a crunchy apple with a sprinkle of pecans and a base of warm smooth sweet amber.”

I second how great Brown Sugared Pecans is, I bought one bottle when it first came out and slowly went thru it and I think last year I bought another bottle... I love the sugared line and hope they one day make a reappearance. 

11 minutes ago, hearts said:

@Eastwood22

thanks for all the recommendations!! I’ll add to my list for my next order. 

I am here for you, Mama Lion!

Edited by Eastwood22

2 hours ago, Amanda said:

@Eastwood22I missed that one also dangit, but I do remember reading about how devastatingly sexy it turned out to be! I’m totally kicking myself, I have nightmares about the ones I missed out on😂

Ha! Don’t! There have been quite a few that have been amazing for some people who like similar perfumes as myself that just didn’t work on me. Body Paint, Warm and Toasty, Sugared Oatmeal…. the list goes on and on. Be glad that they won’t all work or be attainable!

I’d also be interested in a pecan pie scent, but trying not to get my hopes up, because I asked Mara on another thread if she had done other pecan pie releases like Vicar and Tarts and she said not many, because they changed the pecan note. She said V&T was one of her favorites so she probably would like one too! 

Edited by Femmefatale

On 9/14/2022 at 1:22 PM, dolphindolls2 said:

I second how great Brown Sugared Pecans is, I bought one bottle when it first came out and slowly went thru it and I think last year I bought another bottle... I love the sugared line and hope they one day make a reappearance. 

I agree! Brown Sugared Pecans are so good! I'm glad I grabbed it in last year's sale!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yay!  Every y new release I wonder if this is going to be the one that Mara brings back Wild Cherry.  But regardless if it happens this time or not, I’m still excited to see what she’s created 😊

Stalking again. Last year I almost missed the sale completely because the time had moved from like August to around now-ish,lol. I had like ONE DAY to get my order together,haha. Don't want that happening again. Anyway how are all of you doin? Also looking forward to some New stuff, of course, though that spell collection is wonderful! There's still a few more of those I want to grab, and back ups for a couple too. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

I promised a new Chakra Set for the New Year, it's almost complete, and it's gorgeous!

We've planned a very pretty presentation that's perfect for gift giving, and will be ready by the first week of December.

Just letting you know!

:PolarChristmas: