Soie et Fourrure

Pony

AD-SilkFur.jpg

Soie et Fourrure

A thoroughly rich blend of florals, spices, woods and resins, with a touch of mink musk and notes of silk and linen to feel as comfortable and decadent as the most beloved of garments caressing your skin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note: This is a very smoothly blended oriental with a rich, silky feel.
It's likely that none of the notes will jump out at you, but they're all in there!
Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
ROSE ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
JASMINE ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty; calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck & fortune, lust.
ORRIS ROOT ~ Attracts and helps inspire love. Protection, divination.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
OAK MOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.
LINEN (COTTON) ~ Luck, healing, protection; return of lost love.
AMBRETTE ~ Induces lust/lustful cravings, enhances beauty, attracts love, divination.
ACACIA FLOWER ~ Secret love. (Acacia tree resin is also known as Gum Arabic.)
MUSKS (Mink, Muskaro, Civit) ~ Self- confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
AMBERGRIS ~ Increases personal power, heightens sexual responses, dreaming.
COUMARIN ~ Friendliness, fruitfulness.
CASSIE ~ Aphrodisiac, soothing, inspiring, aids in battling depression.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was intrigued by this description...and this lives up to the image of a Parisienne draped in silk and furs. It has a very traditional feel to it, but I do get a clear glimmer of silk. Not sure about the fur, however.

This is a sophisticated concoction, blended so that nothing stands out sharply. On drydown it has an obvious "perfume" vibe. Something to wear with your best suit when you need to impress the room. I think Dominance would do well with this.

Unfortunately, I don't think this one works with my skin. I'll try it again sometime, but the first time I tried it, it turned a bit soapy on me. :\

• 2 weeks later...

THis really is plush and smooth as furs and silks without the infamous mothball smell. If you're afraid of theflorals, don't be because they barely show up at all. It's really very resinous and sandalwoody with a hint of spice, sweetened up slightly by the vanilla and benzoin and definitely for those occasions when you need to get dressed to the nines (or when you just want to feel like you are).

• 2 weeks later...

This is very traditional in some ways. It has a regal sense to it, one that makes me feel like I'm going to a cocktail party on the arm of a very prestigious man; at the same time, my skin has pulled out the linen note and has amped it, making it approachable at the same time. Perhaps the last bit of your evening perfume lingering after you've gotten home, wiped off your make-up, and changed into your night clothes?

Leather or Dominance would be a great pheromone combination with this scent.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

White silk and sparkly diamonds! I can imagine this to be a very elegant scent :)

My skin is amping the Jasmine + violet !!!! Will try it againin a few weeks time :D:):D

• 4 months later...

In the vial, this brings to mind the best classic floral/oriental fragrances. It is ladylike and very refined.

On my skin, the violet, linen and orris do indeed combine into a silky scent. It's smooth and soft, with an undeniable tactile dimension.

It reminds me of wearing Lanvin Arpège to formal events, years and years ago - this is much softer than Arpège, but they share something in the drydown, a supremely elegant powderiness underscored by sandalwood, vanilla and the faintest touch of patchouli. It's truly gorgeous.

• 2 months later...

I love this scent. I loved it when I read the description before I ordered it. This to me is just better than Chanel, it's alot lighter and not as heavy and depressing. It's a perfect balance of lady and luxury. I like to wear this when I have no time to do something to my hair and all I can grab are black clothes and red lipstick. It automatically transforms me from Vic the mechanic to The Lady Victoria.

• 5 months later...

This may be the most notes I have ever seen in one blend :). I had to give it a try, but of course my death notes do their damage (rose, jasmine, vetiver, and sandalwood). I can appreciate this perfume, but it is not for me.

This is not something I can wear daily, but it is occasionally lovely when one is off to the opera, a night out wine-tasting or being picked up by a chauffeur in a Bentley heading to a four star restaurant. This perfume rhymes with sophistication.

This is not something I can wear daily, but it is occasionally lovely when one is off to the opera, a night out wine-tasting or being picked up by a chauffeur in a Bentley heading to a four star restaurant. This perfume rhymes with sophistication.

Indigo, I really need to hang out with YOU!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This was nice enough in the vial, a very complex and rich floral. But on my skin within a few minutes it goes nasty, with the amber and resins taking over and some kind of musk coming through that turns to cat pee on me. Not surprising as several of the notes I see listed in this are ones I know don't work for me.

• 2 weeks later...

This scent is very elegant, reminds me of classic chypres. Unfortunately the oakmoss and sometimes the aldehydes in them turn into something not so appealing on my skin.

• 9 months later...

Quite a surprising scent! I had expected something on the commercial side, something those annoying ladies spritz at you while you're cutting through the fragrance aisle at the department store.

But no, it's not like that. This is an elegant, sophisticated scent to match your up-swept hairdo and backless gown for THE annual black tie event. Or to go with that sweet LBD you picked up for the silent charity auction this weekend at Four Seasons.

Pearls -- mandatory. Silk panties -- optional. After all, a girl can't take herself, or her fragrance, too seriously.

Edited by Just Ducky

• 1 month later...

Soie et Fourriere and I do not work well together. To me, this smells a bit like hugging your wealthy grandmother-- soft old skin and cold cream and eighty years of class. A woman you'd probably be quite fond of (and impressed by), but I'm not sure I want to smell like her. So I guess the scent is pretty true to the description: old-fashioned luxury. Just can't see myself in it!

• 1 year later...

Soie et Fourriere and I do not work well together. To me, this smells a bit like hugging your wealthy grandmother-- soft old skin and cold cream and eighty years of class. A woman you'd probably be quite fond of (and impressed by), but I'm not sure I want to smell like her. So I guess the scent is pretty true to the description: old-fashioned luxury. Just can't see myself in it!

Aaah, I really want to try this one, but the "old fashioned" comment made me hold off... ugh...what to do...

Aaah, I really want to try this one, but the "old fashioned" comment made me hold off... ugh...what to do...

Well I always thought it smelled like a young gold-digger in a fur coat. ...aah well shoud a, woulda, could a... ;)

I will have to return to this one for the full review it deserves. I remember splitting a bit on my wrists before heading out to brunch, since I hadn't tried it before. From what I remember, it went on very demure and blossomed assertively about an hour or two later to smell very sophisticated but "vintage." It's definitely not a modern-type scent despite all those florals supporting the woody scents and resins.

I really liked this one wet. But from first experimentation, I could see where "just right" can slide swiftly into "Oh Lord, I smell like a granny." Maybe some layerables could lighten things...?

• 3 years later...

Since Lori mentioned this one in another review thread the other day, I was reminded that I had never reviewed it originally. I think I was probably too intimidated back then because it's a I AM A GROWN-UP LADY kind of scent and I could never see myself that way at the time. Now I've made my peace with the notion, lol.

Sadly though, this has too much of a hair-spray kind of evocation on me. It's perfumey and powdery and very much of that bygone era aesthetic so conceptually I think it's spot-on but for me it reminds me too much of what I didn't like about vintage fragrances.