Demimondaine

Lexy

AD-Demimondaine-LovePotion_.jpg

Demimondaine

You've got a secret. Kind of sexy, isn't it? Knowing something that no one else knows. There's something about you...something they can't quite put their finger on and it's driving them mad. The absolutely decadent combination of sweet violets and cocoa powder subconsciously attracts people in a happy, uplifted way and lures them in to a contented fascination. Before they even know what hit them, the base of exquisitely rare treasures of Mysore Sandalwood, Egyptian Musk, Arabian Amber and the barest hint of Arabian Spice seduce and beguile them with promises hidden and desires forbidden. Offer no explanations...let the teasing glint in your eye be all the hint you offer. It's a powerful thing, your secret.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

SWEET VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty; calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck & fortune, lust.
COCOA POWDER ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
MYSORE SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
SASSAFRAS ~ Health, money.
EGYPTIAN MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
ARABIAN AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh this is nice, me like-y!

The cocoa in this is "elegant"... Similar to the cocoa from Coconut Breeze. Violet is soft and sweet, but very present. Very Nice!

Anymore reviews on this one? I`m tempted, I do love violet but am wondering how violet this is?

This is so weird...there's no fruit in this and yet in the wet stage it totally reminds me of BFF. I guess the violet comes out really tangy on me at first. The only other thing I can think that might be doing it is the sassafras. The violet becomes powdery on me after a short time, which is not surprising, with the resins lending an interesting character. I don't know that it's me, really, although I love the first part; I'm thinking people who are fans of things like Midnight Cravings and Spontaneous Combustion might like this in the drydown; it's not that it's just like those, necessarily, but to me there's the same kind of dark powdery mysterious kind of vibe.

some resins can be fruity- maybe that's what's doing it?

Possibly; athough normally when Mara uses a resin with a fruity characteristic she will note it; like with Torrid Sorcery.

I wasn't sure about this one in the vial... it did smell very Tootsie Roll-ish, lol. But when I put it on my skin, the other notes came out and it's so pretty. I'm not normally a big violet fan, or anything too powdery, but I like this!

I'm getting a sense of violet creams from this, it does kind of fill in the need for my next PE which I had planned which would have been rose and violet cream chocolates.

It's chocolatey-violet. It's not a million miles away from Far Far Away without the fruit. If you like one you may like the other.

This smells a little Tootsie Roll-ish on me too, but I kind of like it! :lol: I figure, I smell like all kinds of other sweets and desserts, why not Tootsie Roll? There is something a bit soft and perfumey coming out, too - maybe the violet? This actually feels like a curl-up-in-a-snowstorm sort of scent for me. I don't think I could tell you why. But it makes me want to put on some fuzzy pjs & curl up with the cats to watch a flick.

• 3 weeks later...

This smells like soapy chocolate on me. Not even like a clean bar of chocolate or something, just... cheap, harsh, drying, old soap and really cheap, crappy, brittle milk chocolate :(

I really wanted this to work since the description sounded so awesome (though most of them do) and tried it multiple times but it just doesn't seem to like me much =/

I can't do this one, the cocoa mixed with the Egyptian musk smells bad on me. I think heavy musks are my enemy. Or maybe like red musks etc. I have no clue what I'm saying because I truly don't understand why somethings work and others don't. All I can do is guess what does and doesn't work for me.

• 3 weeks later...

At first when I put this on I just get hit with the cocoa. It is very powdery, like smelling actual cocoa powder in the tin. I hope as it dries down the violet will come out more, as I don't like smelling chocolate on my skin.

This is what tyvey's wonderland wants to be when it grows up, but it's a major metamorphosis. It's got that same chocolate-violet heart obviously, but this is SOOOOO elegant and a little sultry. It has the same kind of ultra rarefied-air, pearls, silk, clink of champagne glasses echoing around the marble-clad museum sculpture hall feel as things like WTL & Scarlet Silk. Fairly screams for an LFM boost.

Edited by tyvey

REALLY?????? after the first few seconds it was barely there for me.

cocoa usually blasts me at first and then vanishes, but it has hung around all day, being all dainty and demure on top of the perfumey stuff. It's a knockout

REALLY?????? after the first few seconds it was barely there for me.

cocoa usually blasts me at first and then vanishes, but it has hung around all day, being all dainty and demure on top of the perfumey stuff. It's a knockout

Yup. It does this weird cold thing to my forehead where it feels like it's squeezing my brain cells like a zit.

I must have murdered someone named Violet in a past life or something

At first this is a clean and cool chocolate on me, a non-foody chocolate i suppose? is that possible? It is as if i just stepped out of the shower from using a chocolate bodywash. Underneath that is the violet which is mild and soft. After awhile though the timid smell turns into a darker and what i would call a stickier scent on me. What a coy lady, playing soft and demure. Then comes out her wild side! interesting.

At first this is a clean and cool chocolate on me, a non-foody chocolate i suppose?

Yes - I get just what you mean by that! It's like not rich, sticky chocolate that melts on you - it's powdery, "clean" chocolate. Like chocolate talc. That same chocolate flavour, but not "delicious", more "clean". Interesting!

• 6 months later...

This has aged gorgeously in such a relatively short time. It is very very very floral on me now - NOT candied violet but fresh intensely concentrated TRUE violet which I for one have rarely smelled in a fume. Before it was a violet flavored chocolate. Now it is a cocoa-dusted FRESH violet. It's hard to explain this freshness -- imagine a humid greenhouse packed side to side and to the roof with violets. It's wildly sexy.

I find this a more refined LP scent. just gorgeous.Dries to an elegant, light powdery finish. With an unexpected, lasting, exotic, dark coca vein running through it. Kind of like when you make an elegant meal for dinner and incorporate a dessert like food in the main dish.

• 3 months later...

If I liked my sample of this last year, I LOVE it now, so much that I picked up a full bottle in the sale. To my nose, this has gotten less powdery cocoa-floral, and has become a sweeter violet, a richer deep chocolate, with the other exotic elements giving it a subtle, spicy sexiness that is just incredible. As it dries down, the cocoa (which smells more like a deep chocolate now) backs off, allowing the violet to mingle in and out with the resins. The resins keep the violet from going soapy or too powdery. Time has been VERY kind to Demimondaine, like tyvey said, it's a knockout! :Love09751:

• 2 months later...

Wow! This one is REALLY great! I will try to describe what I'm experiencing here...

On first app I got the cocoa but it quickly settled back to a floral with a hint of musk, but mostly sweet floral...like edible flower petals...on a bed of something soft and...woodsy? It's sweet, but not foodie. Clean too. It went on light and I get the violet prominently in the foreground but the others notes completely compliment it.

I think it's just gorgeous! :girlHeart-5:

yeah, no violet lover should be without this - even people who think they don't like violet should try it - the holographic authenticity of the violet is incredible, nothing like the artifical candy or perfume violets most people are probably used to - and these days (this point in its aging) it is throwing a lot more than I remember - and it's mood-changing, I've noticed the last couple of times I've worn it - made me, calm, content and confident. off to look up magic of the notes to see what accounts for that.

ETA well surprise surprise, violet is calming, cocoa lightens emotions, and musk gives confidence. amazing

Edited by tyvey

Hehe...that would be almost everything in it :) Violet, cocoa, sandalwood and the musk. It's fantastic!

OHMYSMOGGLEDYSMUMPHTHISISSOWONDEFUL!

This is violet for sure! Sweet but not foodie to me at all really, at least not after dry down. The cocoa is milk chocolate to my nose and I don't really smell it after first application right out of the bottle. It's all beautiful violet complimented by musk and amber. The violet seems almost candy like - almost - at first. I read that sassafras is supposed to have a sweet smell and I'm wondering if that's what I'm smelling when I first apply, because I'm not really sure what sassafras smells like. It has good staying power too and GREAT throw! This is just SO pretty - I'm glad it likes my chemistry!

Another woman passed me in the restroom, just after I had added 2 more dots behind my ears, and gave me "sexy eyes" as she said "Mmmmm..." I felt like the m&m in the commercials because I KNEW it was the cocoa that got her!LOL! :lol:

• 1 year later...

The cocoa powder in this one made me nervous, but it wasn't that bad. I found it a little bit foodie in the vial, which also made me nervous. I don't know...I really like the label on this one. I want that hair! I don't know if I smell violets or not. After it dries down, it goes all perfumey for a long while, and then it's back to mild cocoa powder again. I have no idea what sassafras smells like, so I don't know if I'm getting that or not. Isn't that supposed to smell like root beer? I do not smell any root beer. Nor do I smell like a Tootsie Roll, thank goodness--I don't like those! haha.

I find this one...hmmm, what's the word? It's teasing. It's fleeting. Evasive. Enigmatic. I can't get a handle on what it actually smells like.